Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 04-28-2021, 10:55 AM
Bacon Cheeseburger Lover
CGN Contributor

Default I bought my first PCP Rifle

I did it. I ordered my first PCP, along with a compressor and some misc items. I'm tired of the loud spring piston rifle I have, and decided to get the new FX Impact M3 in .30 cal standard.

I also ordered the 50.5 Neilson slugs and the FX pellets, Nomad II compressor, and some cleaning supplies. I'm going to get a hand pump next just in case. Anyone else get the M3?

Jerry
Old 04-28-2021, 11:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Nice - go big or don't go at all!
Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, lefties will have brought it upon themselves. I value freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of governance they have to offer, which offers no freedom and complete servitude to the state.
Quote:
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" - Ed Howdershelt
Old 04-28-2021, 11:58 AM
CGSSA Leader

That was bigger than big, like damn near 4K big!
Way to go, I’m waiting for the Maverick.25 to be come available.

Rich
Old 05-02-2021, 12:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug_eyedmonster View Post
I did it. I ordered my first PCP, along with a compressor and some misc items. I'm tired of the loud spring piston rifle I have, and decided to get the new FX Impact M3 in .30 cal standard.

I also ordered the 50.5 Neilson slugs and the FX pellets, Nomad II compressor, and some cleaning supplies. I'm going to get a hand pump next just in case. Anyone else get the M3?

Jerry
i almost pulled the trigger on an M3 compact, but i didn't.
so many choices. i sort of want as quiet as possible, so also thinking about a marauder,
Old 05-02-2021, 1:29 PM

Man, you done GOOD!!
By all reports, the M3 is a whale of an air rifle. Improvements over the MK I and II, dual regs, built-in 20 scope rail, more adjustability in the hammer spring wheel, PLUS in 30 cal! There is also a barrel tuner either available or an option?
Whadda awesome rifle. I have 2 Crowns, (1 is the Continuum) that I shoot constantly, thinking about selling one and getting the M3.
Ya done good, real good.
mike
Old 05-02-2021, 1:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Where / how will you use the PCP?

A friend normally bowhunts for Turkey and now has shoulder issues.

He wants to use a .22 pellet springer for Turkey.

I think the bigger / more accurate would be the way to go

Anywho - how / where will you use the PCP

Schedule time to take new gun owners to the range
Old 05-02-2021, 4:58 PM
Bacon Cheeseburger Lover
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
Where / how will you use the PCP?
HOW:
The PCP rifles require a tank of some sort on board of the rifle, an air supply, basically. I ended up purchasing a portable compressor to use to refill the tank, the Nomad II because of the size of the tank on the Impact M3, but plan to source a hand pump just in case.

WHERE:
I have access to private property in several locations and the purpose is for pest control. I also plan to take it to the local range to sight in and figure out the DOPE.

WHY:
Something else to do. I like to tinker and mess around with stuff when time allows, and guns/reloading was getting a bit boring. I had always thought of air guns are a bit boring, but when something like this comes around, and is much better and quieter than a .22LR, why not, right?
Old 05-03-2021, 10:17 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Cool

A friend picked up an PCP in 45.... supressor too
full set up with the SCBA...

The gun is fun to shoot... super quiet considering you are pushing a 250-500 grain bullet out with as much power as a 45 ACP...

problem is, he can't shoot it where he lives.... i'm thinking he wants to try hog hunting with it....

Schedule time to take new gun owners to the range
Old 05-04-2021, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug_eyedmonster View Post
HOW:
The PCP rifles require a tank of some sort on board of the rifle, an air supply, basically. I ended up purchasing a portable compressor to use to refill the tank, the Nomad II because of the size of the tank on the Impact M3, but plan to source a hand pump just in case.

WHERE:
I have access to private property in several locations and the purpose is for pest control. I also plan to take it to the local range to sight in and figure out the DOPE.

WHY:
Something else to do. I like to tinker and mess around with stuff when time allows, and guns/reloading was getting a bit boring. I had always thought of air guns are a bit boring, but when something like this comes around, and is much better and quieter than a .22LR, why not, right?
There is a huge push in the direction of more power and increases in air utilization by the way of advanced plenums and reservoirs. Full auto PCPs are already on the market and they will only become more common and less expensive.

The day is on the horizon when near parity with many typical firearms will be realized. The makers are working really hard to perfect the sir systems and are now rushing toward more compact air supplies with a goal to get pistols into a higher power range.

Look at the pellets on the market. Some have wicked designs that make the most out of every additional FPS they can get. Within 5 years you'll see amazing advances in PCP guns as the tipping point has been reached and there is a huge untapped market as more people discover than for a lot of fun and typical hunting other than LD stuff, the air rifles are cheaper to shoot, have none of the purchasing legalities like waiting periods etc.

An unfortunate side to all this is that as soon as some bozo uses one in a high profile shooting the laws will change real fast to include guns over a certain power level in firearms laws ala EU and England. You can count on that 100%. Just leave it to the Youtube crowd to help screw things up, they are already going full bore with talk about how lethal the newer slate of airguns are. People never learn.

]A SILENT MAJORITY will become a silent minority when those who have something to lose fear those who have something to gain. Defense is a losing proposition when time is on the side of the opponent.

You don't get beaten by the opposition you get beaten by those who run away.
Old 05-05-2021, 7:16 PM

"An unfortunate side to all this is that as soon as some bozo uses one in a high profile shooting the laws will change real fast to include guns over a certain power level in firearms laws ala EU and England. You can count on that 100%. Just leave it to the Youtube crowd to help screw things up, they are already going full bore with talk about how lethal the newer slate of airguns are. People never learn."
EXACTLY my point when I slam an automatic air gun in a thread here. It'll happen, morons!
Old 05-05-2021, 8:39 PM

Pretty sure you won't need the hand pump, I tried it on my Impact .25 and gave up. The pump was fine for the Marauder with it's smaller tank but was borderline futile with the larger tank on the Impact. You will also want to take detailed notes of the factory settings on the gun and any changes you make in tuning it, easier to tune is also easier to get out of tune. Not that out of tune is awful but it will be less accurate, use more air and be louder. If you like to tinker that's probably the gun for you, different calibers, barrel liners and pellets should keep you entertained potentially forever. Or you could just leave it as is and shoot whatever it's set up for from the factory, probably one of the two weights of .30 JSB pellets and be happy that way too. Nice choice by the way.
Old 05-08-2021, 9:09 AM

Diablo rod and gun club at the United Sportsman’s range in concord has an active airgun group. They hold an airgun only range at USIs multi purpose range on Wednesday and Friday mornings, 9 to noon. Drop by and check it out. Good group of guys. Feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions.