Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Hunting and Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hunting and Fishing Rifle, Shotgun, Handgun, Archery, Blackpowder Saltwater and Fresh Water

Old 10-02-2021, 8:56 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

From the cdf.

https://wildlife.ca.gov/Subscribe/c/...view#lcpreview

Though CDFW does not have forensic evidence to confirm this at this time, the wolf could be OR-93. The recent reports match the description of OR-93, who was fitted with a purple tracking collar by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs in Oregon in June 2020. The collar was monitored by the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW), but it stopped transmitting in April.
Old 10-23-2021, 3:34 AM

I work 911 in Bakersfield and had a citizen call early this morning who was positive that she spotted a gray wolf walking through a residential neighborhood in the northeast part of the city. She had video evidence that is not immediately available. I relayed the info to CDFW to follow up with her.

If it's confirmed to be OR-93, that boy's got some miles on him.
Old 10-23-2021, 5:48 AM

The last update I got was a few weeks ago, and he was still in the same area. He has a partner and they have pups. The male has killed quite a few pets (dogs) and people aren’t very happy about it. He’s been harassing cattle but I don’t think he’s killed any yet.
Old 10-23-2021, 6:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefman View Post
I’d say he is proof there is no game in D13. Won’t be long until they shut down the forest because the wolf is in town.

Hopefully he is heading to Mexico looking for a senorita
Bears mountain lions and coyote are the problem.
Not one wolf.
Old 10-23-2021, 9:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Shooter View Post
Bears mountain lions and coyote are the problem.
Not one wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDadLife View Post
It’s a screenshot I did from a video my friend took. He spotted it attempting to cross the road. He heard more howling where this one turned back and ran too.
seems like there is more than one.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:09 AM

Coydogs happen and so do wolfdogs. https://www.k9stud.com/puppies/wolf-dog_california.aspx

Federal gun laws prohibit felons from having any contact with firearms and ammunition.

Trey Gowdy 2024 No more dems, rinos, commies, , pinkos, crooks, pedos or frauds.

“The demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol have defiled the seat of American democracy” DJT 1/7/21
Old 11-24-2021, 12:56 PM

Unfortunate update: OR93 was found dead in Lebec on 11/10 after having been struck by a car.
https://wildlife.ca.gov/News/or93-fo...in-kern-county

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteassasin View Post
I hope it gets hit by a semi .
What a joke DFW is
Guess you got your way, *******.

Last edited by bk23103; 11-24-2021 at 1:14 PM..
Old 11-24-2021, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk23103 View Post
Unfortunate update: OR93 was found dead in Lebec on 11/10 after having been struck by a car.

It’s for the best. California doesn’t need any more predators that can’t/won’t be hunted/managed.

“When you want to kill a man, you must shoot for the heart and the Winchester is the best weapon."
-Ramon, A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKinzey
The chuckleheaded tinfoil-asshatter racist (yes! that's a couple of names and a label!)
What the CA legislature thinks about the constitution:
Old 11-24-2021, 9:54 PM

Quote:

Nope not my way , natures way, my way would have had it eating liberal kids until all the retards that think it’s good they were introduced pull their collective heads out of their rectums and cry crocodile tears until the invasive specie was smoked .
Would you Like me to call the wambulance ?
Old 11-25-2021, 7:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

LOL

Do you paint your hair purple and wear a ***** cap?

Old 11-25-2021, 1:39 PM
Veteran Member

bk=dip****.
Old 11-25-2021, 3:42 PM

I don't really understand why not wanting to see endangered species struck by cars makes me a liberal or a dip****, but okay. I find nature and the history of the gray wolf in California to be quite fascinating is all. Here's some more info about it if you're interested.

https://wildlife.ca.gov/conservation/mammals/gray-wolf
Old 11-25-2021, 9:54 PM

Quote:
I don't really understand why not wanting to see endangered species struck by cars makes me a liberal or a dip****, but okay. I find nature and the history of the gray wolf in California to be quite fascinating is all. Here's some more info about it if you're interested.

So if you are so amicable … what makes me an ******* btw
Old 11-26-2021, 7:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTokarev View Post
…California doesn’t need any more predators that can’t/won’t be hunted/managed.
I am 100% for the reintroduction of wolves and grizzly to California.
It’s unfortunate our state has outlawed hunting as a management tool for predators such as lion and now bobcat.

My hope is that the predator population gets to the point where the population of California maybe will reconsider the bans

We need grizzly and wolf interaction with California’s general population and more lion interaction to sway public opinion
Old 11-26-2021, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nottacticool View Post
Calling names...very mature. Not everyone who dares to ask for clarification of a statement you made is a troll. As far as doing research goes, you might want to do some yourself. There is no such animal as a Canadian Gray Wolf. The North American Grey Wolf is broken down into 5 subspecies, Eastern, Great Plains, Mexican, Northwestern and Arctic. All 5 are Grey Wolves. They evolved into subspecies by expanding their range and adapting to their new environments. The Northwestern Grey Wolf subspecies was RE-INRODUCED into their previous range after being killed off over the years. Yes, the animals came from Canada, but they are the same subspecies that lived where they were re-introduced. From there they have expanded their range as they did eons ago. This is a common practice used to re-establish game species such as elk and antelope.
Do some more research yourself and look into the kill off these wolves are doing in Montana to the elk heards and Mule deer population. Maybe not the fault of Game management Departments but they did not stand up to the re-introduction of these non-native strains. Between 2013 and current the populations of elk and mule deer in SW Montana have been distroyed. If there is no game then no reason for hunters to have firearms, maybe another back door aproach by the left and leftist believers that back the trans plant of non native high level predators back into the enviroments.
Old 11-26-2021, 2:02 PM

Quote:

Not endangered. Conservation status is IUCN “least concern.”

“When you want to kill a man, you must shoot for the heart and the Winchester is the best weapon."

Quote:
The chuckleheaded tinfoil-asshatter racist (yes! that's a couple of names and a label!)
Old 11-26-2021, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middleofnowhere View Post
I am 100% for the reintroduction of wolves and grizzly to California.
It’s unfortunate our state has outlawed hunting as a management tool for predators such as lion and now bobcat.

My hope is that the predator population gets to the point where the population of California maybe will reconsider the bans

We need grizzly and wolf interaction with California’s general population and more lion interaction to sway public opinion
I don’t have an issue with predators as long as they can be legally hunted. I wouldn’t mind a few granola smokers getting eaten every now and then.

Quote:
Old 11-26-2021, 11:59 PM

Quote:
So if you are so amicable … what makes me an ******* btw
I think it's your tone in this, and every other thread I've seen you post in. You seem very bitter and angry at the world. I hope whatever is troubling you gets better, fellow gunner.
Old 11-27-2021, 6:51 AM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

I'm going to be at my family cabin today at 5,000. Sure glad I don't have to worry about grizzlies and wolves so my 7 year old can run around and I don't ha e to watching her every single second by following her around the cabin.

No new predators and manage the existing ones through hunting.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonte35 View Post
Disagree. Been trying to teach lewdogg21 how to hunt. It's like trying to teach Steve Wonder how to see. Not sure we're ever going to get there.

300 WM lead free hunting rounds F/S
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1726082
Old 11-27-2021, 6:54 AM

Quote:
I think it's your tone in this, and every other thread I've seen you post in. You seem very bitter and angry at the world. I hope whatever is troubling you gets better, fellow gunner.
Ya ok mr. Simpatico. The fact of the matter is you are using an emotional response to a very serious problem. Being amicable to having Canadian wolves introduced in the CA is a fools errand .
They are simply not native and have never been native and are a political ploy to destroy outdoor recreating and the powers that be use, idiots that can’t have meaningful interpersonal relationships and who adore cute furry things to take their side in the cute/furry vs mean /hunter argument .
You couldn’t possibly be more daft for not understanding the brevity of the situation regarding woofs and their possible impact on ca hunting but also your inability to “read the room “
You may think I’m angry …. I’m just here to make sure my kids/ grandkids , and yours for that mater, get to hunt and fish and enjoy the lords creation of this beautiful country like did . And I think most here would agree
Old 11-27-2021, 7:18 AM

Quote:
Ya ok mr. Simpatico. The fact of the matter is you are using an emotional response to a very serious problem. Being amicable to having Canadian wolves introduced in the CA is a fools errand .
They are simply not native and have never been native and are a political ploy to destroy outdoor recreating and the powers that be use, idiots that can’t have meaningful interpersonal relationships and who adore cute furry things to take their side in the cute/furry vs mean /hunter argument .
You couldn’t possibly be more daft for not understanding the brevity of the situation regarding woofs and their possible impact on ca hunting but also your inability to “read the room “
You may think I’m angry …. I’m just here to make sure my kids/ grandkids , and yours for that mater, get to hunt and fish and enjoy the lords creation of this beautiful country like did . And I think most here would agree
That's fair. Thanks for caring.