Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > Guns & Money
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Guns & Money Discussion Re: Pro/Anti 2A Org's 990's & Finances

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-03-2021, 10:59 AM
xsefan xsefan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,905
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Default Selling all your guns? Sounds stupid right!

So I significantly down sized my gun collection and bought 3 houses in texas. We did the Dave Ramsey thing. Cleared all out debt in 4 years. All of it. I was never going to be able to but a house in sonoma County. So we sold all out assets. Including guns. I kept 5 . Now renters buy my guns for me. I have only bought a few. I need to stop. I want to retire in the next 7 years before 50. Food for thought. Any questions hit me up or better yet look up Dave Ramsey.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-03-2021, 11:03 AM
71MUSTY's Avatar
71MUSTY 71MUSTY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 6,732
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Nice. Good job
__________________
Only slaves don't need guns


Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-03-2021, 12:35 PM
xsefan xsefan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,905
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Default

Just want to help out
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-05-2021, 7:05 AM
gunuser17 gunuser17 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 95
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The OP should probably use more clarity in saying "renters buy my guns". I will assume that this means that renters pay you rent and you use any profits from that rent money to purchase a gun. I doubt that the statement meant that renters in Texas buy guns for you directly.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-05-2021, 7:51 AM
bugsy714's Avatar
bugsy714 bugsy714 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: OC/LA
Posts: 1,542
iTrader: 122 / 100%
Default

Good job realigning your assets into things that yield profit


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is King
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-05-2021, 2:19 PM
xsefan xsefan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,905
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunuser17 View Post
The OP should probably use more clarity in saying "renters buy my guns". I will assume that this means that renters pay you rent and you use any profits from that rent money to purchase a gun. I doubt that the statement meant that renters in Texas buy guns for you directly.
We bought houses. So you are correct.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-05-2021, 2:21 PM
xsefan xsefan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,905
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsy714 View Post
Good job realigning your assets into things that yield profit


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks I didn't think it would be a good idea but I am letting a few more go to remodel one more!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-08-2021, 8:21 AM
newbutold newbutold is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: CA
Posts: 1,556
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Not that difficult......was it
__________________
The Rule of Law plus The Constitution of the United States of America matters.

Federal gun laws prohibit felons from having any contact with firearms and ammunition.

Trey Gowdy 2024 No more dems, rinos, commies, , pinkos, crooks, pedos or frauds.

“The demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol have defiled the seat of American democracy” DJT 1/7/21
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-09-2021, 10:02 AM
Mute's Avatar
Mute Mute is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Diamond Bar
Posts: 7,498
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Real estate has always been good investments mostly. However, for CA, that's getting to be less and less so, especially income property. This state is too hostile to landlords. I got tired of dealing with tenants.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle & Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page


NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-09-2021, 6:49 PM
the86d's Avatar
the86d the86d is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Burbs of Dallas, TX
Posts: 9,381
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Not rich, still in debt, but I DID stay at an AirBNB in Texas last week, and for a few more weeks, minimum... while the wife sells the house...

BEFORE TX Config:


Post-Texas config:


Isn't THAT better?
I know I feel better...


I've been here just over a week, and just got around to this, as the A2 lower parts came in a couple days ago...

The pistol grips I kept from the Bullet-Button Rifles, as I KNEW I'd have use for them...

The bird-cage "FLASH SUPRESSOR" (AKA Compensator) MIGHT go on with a crush washer this week too?
I need to shoot-up, and post my shot-up Cali-plates for funziez!!!

OP, my friend left VA and moved to Maryland for the stupid gun laws they passed,
and had a squatter stay in her VA house she rented out after they stopped paying, due to "squatter-rights" or some such nonsense...

She had to pay the mortgage on both her house, and the squatter's house while they had to file paperwork to kick them out.

I hope you don't get hit with a scumbag renter, that stays beyond the lease/rental-agreement.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
I sold most of our guns in a fortunate setting-sail [for TX] incident…

Last edited by the86d; 11-10-2021 at 2:57 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-10-2021, 4:11 AM
Vinnie Boombatz's Avatar
Vinnie Boombatz Vinnie Boombatz is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,633
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

I did this a few years ago by selling my entire guitar and amp collection. Well, I kept a couple guitars (2 acoustics, 2 electrics) and got rid of everything else. It wasn't enough to go and buy three houses, but I am now debt free. No car payment, no credit card debt, no student loans. Now just paying cash for grad school and saving to buy a house once I leave this state. I will admit, I've bought a couple more firearms than I really need in the last year, but still no debt.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-11-2021, 12:04 PM
crufflers's Avatar
crufflers crufflers is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 11,347
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
Isn't THAT better?
I know I feel better...


I've been here just over a week, and just got around to this, as the A2 lower parts came in a couple days ago...
What's wrong with the one on the bottom, it looks weird.

I guess I have been in CA too long.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-12-2021, 3:26 AM
the86d's Avatar
the86d the86d is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Burbs of Dallas, TX
Posts: 9,381
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
What's wrong with the one on the bottom, it looks weird.

I guess I have been in CA too long.
SORRY...
That is what Liberty looks like...

You forget, as you HAVE been in Cali too long (like I was, living in Kommiefornia my entire-life), and now that I am FREE, and living in a free-state, with laws NOT based on complete in utter-incompetent-ignorance of politicians, pushing the same, this is what is the best defensive firearm for ALL Americans.


This, in reflective-Silver, is going on my back windows this weekend...

Imagine breaking into a house, and seeing one of those pointed at you...
YOU JUST MADE THE WORST MISTAKE OF YOUR ENTIRE LIFE.. ... ...

Semper Erectus...
... ...ALWAYS HARD.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
I sold most of our guns in a fortunate setting-sail [for TX] incident…

Last edited by the86d; 11-12-2021 at 3:30 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-14-2021, 10:49 AM
-hanko's Avatar
-hanko -hanko is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bay Area & SW Idaho
Posts: 13,415
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunuser17 View Post
The OP should probably use more clarity in saying "renters buy my guns". I will assume that this means that renters pay you rent and you use any profits from that rent money to purchase a gun. I doubt that the statement meant that renters in Texas buy guns for you directly.
A big "DUH".
__________________
True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

Tactical is like boobs...you can sell anything with it....arf

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-17-2021, 12:26 PM
scotchy scotchy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 18
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
SORRY...
That is what Liberty looks like...

You forget, as you HAVE been in Cali too long (like I was, living in Kommiefornia my entire-life), and now that I am FREE, and living in a free-state, with laws NOT based on complete in utter-incompetent-ignorance of politicians, pushing the same, this is what is the best defensive firearm for ALL Americans.


This, in reflective-Silver, is going on my back windows this weekend...

Imagine breaking into a house, and seeing one of those pointed at you...
YOU JUST MADE THE WORST MISTAKE OF YOUR ENTIRE LIFE.. ... ...

Semper Erectus...
... ...ALWAYS HARD.
Stickers like that on cars or houses are a flag that says "valuable items inside", especially in a state where criminals are more likely to know what they signify.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-17-2021, 1:16 PM
superhondaz50's Avatar
superhondaz50 superhondaz50 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: FORT MOHAVE, AZ
Posts: 2,812
iTrader: 49 / 100%
Default

I did the same thing. Sell, sell, sell. Invest in real estate, don't buy new cars (waste of money, most people car payment can be another house out of state). Retirement at an early age is what I'm looking forward to. Unless life throws a wrench at me, I'm looking at being done at 47. Having an overpriced house, car, and a bunch of junk you never use is not worth working till 60,70, etc.
__________________
Originally Posted By CTbuilder1 @ arfcom:
A lot of time and energy goes into thinking up ways to make perfectly good rifles into something dumb. Single shot ARs are gay. AR pistols are also gay. Just my opinion, of course, but a single shot AR pistol would be an AIDS cannon.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-21-2021, 1:33 PM
xsefan xsefan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,905
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
Not rich, still in debt, but I DID stay at an AirBNB in Texas last week, and for a few more weeks, minimum... while the wife sells the house...

BEFORE TX Config:


Post-Texas config:


Isn't THAT better?
I know I feel better...


I've been here just over a week, and just got around to this, as the A2 lower parts came in a couple days ago...

The pistol grips I kept from the Bullet-Button Rifles, as I KNEW I'd have use for them...

The bird-cage "FLASH SUPRESSOR" (AKA Compensator) MIGHT go on with a crush washer this week too?
I need to shoot-up, and post my shot-up Cali-plates for funziez!!!

OP, my friend left VA and moved to Maryland for the stupid gun laws they passed,
and had a squatter stay in her VA house she rented out after they stopped paying, due to "squatter-rights" or some such nonsense...

She had to pay the mortgage on both her house, and the squatter's house while they had to file paperwork to kick them out.

I hope you don't get hit with a scumbag renter, that stays beyond the lease/rental-agreement.
I'm just south of you in whitney!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-23-2021, 10:25 PM
Rob454's Avatar
Rob454 Rob454 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: so cal
Posts: 10,907
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

We did Dave Ramsey before we even knew who Dave Ramsey was. About 25 years ago we got in a lot of debt. Partly was my company, work, life in general and partly us being stupid. One day….My wife and I sat down and we looked at everything we were spending. I kept every receipt of what we spent she wrote down every check that we sent out any atm withdraw? Basically we started looking at where our money is going. And yiu woidl be surprised where it was going. We tracked down every dollar we spent. Literally from the crap I was buying on my way to work to just stupid spending at the store.



We cut out any stupid spending.
Then we sold all the toys, jet skis, dirt bikes, quads, boat, extra cars, etc. i had a ton of guns I never even shot. I had 7 company trucks that were not even being used but sat in the yard. I fired a few people who were just dead weight too.

Then we looked at every thing else we were spending money on.
We went frugal. Only bought what we needed. No going out to dinner three times a week, no driving around, no going to the mall buying lame crap.
We refinanced our house from a 8.25 to a 4.25 loan. We still made the old payment. Paid off the house 12 years ahead of its due date. The bank was sending me notices that I paid so much I don’t need to make any payments for a year. They sent me notices to refinance the loan amount principal to my original pay off date because it would lower my payment…yeah but I’ll be paying more interest. In response ….I walked in and paid the last 14,000 I owed on the house.

F the banks. Saved what was my payment for 10 years….bought another house 5 years ago. Payment is low….this one I may not pay off at all. It’s less than renting a 1 bedroom apartment so I don’t really even consider it debt as it’s a very small amount against my total income.

I was planning on retiring in about 7 years. We’re gonna push that forward where we’re looking to move out fo state. I still want work but I don’t wanna work 50/60 hours a week. I wanna take care of my wife because her health is getting worse and I just want something part time. I will most likely go in for myself. I have 30 years of general construction and electrical knowledge and experience. I’m sure. Can get a job sweeping floors or changing light bulbs.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-23-2021, 11:30 PM
frankm's Avatar
frankm frankm is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Occupied Vespuchia
Posts: 10,520
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Did Dave Ramsey. Only have the house payment and a 2019 used car I just bought. We plan to retire in 3-5 years, so that car will be paid off by then and should last at least until 2035. The old 2003 wouldn't. We'll sell the house and get out of that payment and pay cash wherever we go for a new house.
__________________
RKBA Clock: soap box, ballot box, jury box, cartridge box (midnight - it appears we've reached an impasse)
Free Vespuchia!
The future is dystopian
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:23 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy

Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Military Boots 5.11 Tactical