Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Old 01-14-2022, 9:38 AM
Veteran Member

Default N antibody levels appear to be lower in individuals who acquire infection following 2

UK health security agency covid 19 vaccine surveillance report, week 42

N antibodies are from natural infection and not vaccination.

Quote:
N antibody levels appear to be lower in individuals who acquire
infection following 2 doses of vaccination.
Page 23, a bit hard to find.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...rt-week-42.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN compnerd View Post
When the middle east descends into complete chaos in 2-3 years due in part to the actions of this administration I'll necro post about how clueless I was.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:29 AM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

This was a popular story when the week 42 data came out. It is for week 42 of 2021, so about 3 months ago.

The UK didn't make this "mistake" again, as they weren't reporting this data anymore for the following weeks.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:34 AM

That makes sense. A vaccinated person thats infected wont produce as many antibodies. That results in a more mild illness, but a shorter duration of natural immunity.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic451 View Post
That makes sense. A vaccinated person thats infected wont produce as many antibodies. That results in a more mild illness, but a shorter duration of natural immunity.
Antibodies indicate that an immune response occurred, they have nothing to do with immunity or the duration and severity of the event.

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-14-2022, 10:43 AM

A high level of antibodies is directly attributed to natural immunity, what are you talking about? Get your facts straight.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01377-8

Last edited by Medic451; 01-14-2022 at 10:46 AM..
Old 01-14-2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic451 View Post
A high level of antibodies is directly attributed to natural immunity, what are you talking about? Get your facts straight.
Simply pointing out that antibodies only indicate that an immune response took place, you may want to actually take a deep dive into how the immune system responds to a respiratory infection...

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-14-2022, 10:58 AM

Wife and I both got this antibody test before our first shot of Moderna. We both came back positive, doc says we must had a prior Covid-19 viral infection
Here's info from CDC
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...y-testing.html
Old 01-14-2022, 11:21 AM
Everybody needs Plov!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimebakmybulits View Post
Antibodies indicate that an immune response occurred, they have nothing to do with immunity or the duration and severity of the event.
I hope you do not work on medical field! You would be very dangerous! What is iGg stand for? And do you know immunoglobulin shots is done to boost your immune respond. Go back to Google!
Old 01-14-2022, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmaris View Post
I hope you do not work on medical field! You would be very dangerous! What is iGg stand for? And do you know immunoglobulin shots is done to boost your immune respond. Go back to Google!
I'm not sure why you say that but I've been on the side you are on from day one. The TV has been lying to people since the beginning.... While it's highly over simplified, T-cells do the heavy lifting and antibodies are responsible for the clean up if needed. Lots of health care workers developed robust immunity without ever needing to produce antibodies and therefore never needed to get the jab...

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-14-2022, 1:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Simply pointing out that antibodies only indicate that an immune response took place, you may want to actually take a deep dive into how the immune system responds to a respiratory infection...
This poster is correct. The antibodies that can be tested for whooping cough indicate a previous immune response but are not correlated with any amount of immunity to the disease. Thus, those antibodies are only good for detecting cases/epidemics and cannot be used to determine who needs a booster vaccination. This happens with some infections and not all antibodies are neutralizing.

"Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
I like my guns like the left likes their voters-"undocumented".
Old 01-14-2022, 2:24 PM
Everybody needs Plov!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I'm not sure why you say that but I've been on the side you are on from day one. The TV has been lying to people since the beginning.... While it's highly over simplified, T-cells do the heavy lifting and antibodies are responsible for the clean up if needed. Lots of health care workers developed robust immunity without ever needing to produce antibodies and therefore never needed to get the jab...
I know you have been on right side, but your understanding of antibodies is not accurate. This is why I suggest you go back and study again. May be because English my second language, I am sound harsh, but I am not. Sorry for wrong sound.
When I was small kid I was bitten by cat. That was street cat and never had anti rabies. So, I got anti rabies shots. Before that I received anti rabies ummunogammaglobulin made from made cow blood. I got such bad allergy reaction ending up in ICU for a week. I recovered from allergy, got the rest of my shots. Guess what?! Year later I was bitten by dog. That dog was proven had rabies. My mom was MD, epidemiologist. She took that dog to lab. Any way, I was need to go trough the same protocol and we didn’t want. My mom got access to virology lab where they study rabies too. They took sample of my blood and found plenty of corresponding iGg. To seal idea in cement, they infected mouse with rabies and give her shot from my blood-mouse survived. I didn’t go through shots again and I am here today. So, because of my experience I study about antibodies a lot. I have guess question, may be because of my previous issue I have such high numbers after almost a year? 20 times more than my wife and my friends. We all got rona the same time.
So, let’s say I learn my lesson in immunorespond hard way on my own experience on really deadly virus, not a chinese flu.
Now base on the all above-I think if I try one more time experiment with non natural immunoglobulin, I might be not that lucky and recover from allergy. Let’s Go Brandon!!!

Last edited by Palmaris; 01-14-2022 at 2:49 PM..
Old 01-14-2022, 2:35 PM

The most likely reason N antibodies are lower in those previously vaccinated is that the immune system prefers to rely on existing memory cells rather making new ones when infected following vaccination or previous infection. The body is already trained to make S protein to fight the virus. The preference when infected with the virus is to make solely S proteins and not to start the immunological cycle all over again making N antibodies. This is why there is Original Antigenic Sin following vaccination or infection
Old 01-14-2022, 4:06 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

The risk comes when the spike protein in the virus mutates sufficiently that there is no effective response in the vaccinated. Will the immune system respond as if this was a new virus at that point? I think that is the big question. Too bad this kind of issue wasn't tested beforehand.

In the unvaccinated, they will have protection based on all the virus proteins, not just the spike.
Old 01-14-2022, 6:53 PM

Remember back in late 2019 early 2020, the early clinical reports on covid patients from Wuhan show symptoms of deep lesions in lungs and Lower respiratory viral infection. What are the symptoms today for sars-cov-2 infections?
Old 01-15-2022, 10:04 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cz74 View Post
Remember back in late 2019 early 2020, the early clinical reports on covid patients from Wuhan show symptoms of deep lesions in lungs and Lower respiratory viral infection. What are the symptoms today for sars-cov-2 infections?
Sniffles

"Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
, in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785