Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 01-13-2022, 8:44 PM

Default IWB holster recommendations

Looking for recommendations for IWB holsters. This is my first time I am carrying concealed. I am looking for holsters for the following guns.

1. Sig p365xL (with Romeo sight)

2. CZ 75 p01 ( no light?

I am not the skinniest guy and have a little bit of a belly, I think carrying on the 4 o’clock or 5 o’clock seems optimal but I haven’t tried anything.

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2022, 9:25 PM

https://www.craftholsters.com/sig-sa...65-xl-holsters
Old 01-13-2022, 9:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Pick your most popular gun (probably the Sig) and get that one sorted first. Stick with well known and respected holster makers. In this manner you shouldn't have too many problems selling the holster if it doesn't work out for you.

Or you can always just toss it in a drawer and start your "Defunct Holster Drawer" Collection...like we all have.

Milt Sparks is the benchmark for quality leather holsters. And you shouldn't have any problems selling one of their holsters if it doesn't work out. JM Custom Kydex makes great kydex. I can't really help you with hybrids as I don't have any experience with them.

Fighter Pilot
Old 01-14-2022, 5:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I just ordered up a set of IWB and OWB holsters for my 1911 from Milt Sparks, It is a bit of a wait (6 months) right now but they're one of the best holster makers from what I hear. Give the guys over there a call and place an order with them, can't wait to get mine 6 months from now lol hopefully sooner.
Old 01-14-2022, 6:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

https://www.simplyrugged.com/
Old 01-15-2022, 12:49 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Tenicor is very popular among experienced, national level self defense instructors.

https://tenicor.com/collections/iwb-holsters

T3Pros.com

Click here to be notified of upcoming courses.
Old 01-15-2022, 8:29 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

After trying many others I ended up with Vedder Light Tucks for all my carry guns.
https://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/
Old 01-15-2022, 10:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

My favorite iwb holsters are from Black Rhino Concealment, the CCS (Concealed Carry System) holster with soft belt loops.

I'm a big guy, I wear their holster carrying a full size pistol with a weapon light. Their holster with the soft loops is the best for me as the soft loops allow for the holster to shift as I sit down or stand up. I have a few other holsters of this type for other guns too.

I spent a lot of money on holsters before I finally found this one and I don't see myself taking my business anywhere else.

https://blackrhinoconcealment.com/
Old 01-15-2022, 11:51 AM

I'll second the Vedder Light tuck recommendation.

Regardless of umpteen different recommendations that you get here in this thread, holster choice is personal and I've never met someone who carried and did not have a small collection of holsters they tried and did not use, for whatever reason(s).

I would suggest that you also consider getting a ratcheting belt, like a NexBelt or equivalent, which is rated for EDC use. NexBelt uses a more rugged buckle for their carry-rated belts:

A good belt can help make a lesser holster more functional; an inappropriate belt can make a great holster less functional.

That said, I think you will find many will vary their holster depending on weather and other factors. I will use my Vedder at certain times, and various OWB at other times, depending on what is feasible for a cover garment. I even use a Galco Miami Classic II at times. Hope that helps.
Old 01-15-2022, 3:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

www.aliengearholsters.com

"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

"The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

"Dr. Thomas Sowell Is A National Treasure"-Big Jake!
Old 01-15-2022, 10:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3Pros View Post
Tenicor is very popular among experienced, national level self defense instructors.

https://tenicor.com/collections/iwb-holsters
Kyle Defoor is a big fan of their holsters if that means anything to folks.

Fighter Pilot
Old 01-15-2022, 10:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maulerrr View Post
My favorite iwb holsters are from Black Rhino Concealment, the CCS (Concealed Carry System) holster with soft belt loops.

I'm a big guy, I wear their holster carrying a full size pistol with a weapon light. Their holster with the soft loops is the best for me as the soft loops allow for the holster to shift as I sit down or stand up. I have a few other holsters of this type for other guns too.

I spent a lot of money on holsters before I finally found this one and I don't see myself taking my business anywhere else.

THIS! BRC is my go to. Although I’d recommend Tier1Conceled as the first option, I find myself ordering from Black Rhino Concealment more often. BRC is of the same quality, a little different design, but close to half the price. If money is nothing to you, get T1C, otherwise BRC all day! I personally like the BRC Herrin holster for appendix, but also have several of the TCS models, and enjoy those as well.
Old 01-16-2022, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maulerrr View Post

Thank you!