Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 08-24-2019, 9:37 PM

Default Concealed Carry - max concealment

Hi everyone.

If you were looking at concealed carry, 1911/2011 type pistol - let's say Wilson Combat EDC X9 for example - and you wanted maximum concealment (ie minimal print), and you normally wore either slacks with a tucked in button down (office guy) or slacks with a short sleeve button down hanging out, what would you choose?

For maximum concealment I'd assume IWB?

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2019, 9:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Cross breed has a super concealment rig. It is SLOW to present my pistol.

It’s comfortable

But a slow draw.

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 08-24-2019, 11:10 PM
CGN Contributor

Comp-Tac Minotaur IWB holster will hide a full size m1911 under dress shkrt & short sleeve shirts. They combine kydex outer case with leather backing for comfort, flexibility & secure hold.
Old 08-25-2019, 2:58 AM

Aliengear 4.0 IWB Holster
Old 08-25-2019, 6:48 AM

Not ideal. No matter what set up you choose, sitting will likely be an issue. And when you do sit down, you may have issues with the dreaded clunk - the sound of your gun rapping against the chair.

When I'm dressed as you describe and want to carry a 1911, I opt for off body carry. No, its not ideal, but you do have your gun with you. So, for me, it would be briefcase or organizer. Good luck.
Old 08-25-2019, 7:57 AM

Hm. Interesting. Didn't think about sitting. For who does carry - how do you carry? I was planning on having it by my back, not appendix or side. Thoughts?
Old 08-25-2019, 8:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFTII View Post
Not ideal. No matter what set up you choose, sitting will likely be an issue. And when you do sit down, you may have issues with the dreaded clunk - the sound of your gun rapping against the chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krb View Post
Hm. Interesting. Didn't think about sitting. For who does carry - how do you carry? I was planning on having it by my back, not appendix or side. Thoughts?
I have this issue especially the guest chairs at our office as they are narrower than my desk chair and have wood armrests. I tend to sit slowly to make sure i don't clunk.

I also tend to carry a 1911 more than my shield and I wear an IWB at 3:30. Luckily I tend to wear Tommy Bahama style shirts untucked on most days but if i wear a button down I make sure the belt clip is next to the belt loop of the slacks I'm wearing.

Sitting at my desk has not been an issue

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2019, 10:34 AM

If you're a big guy it'll hide easier. Full size isn't easy.
Old 08-25-2019, 11:14 AM
Calguns Addict

Deep concealment in an office environment that doesn't allow officially papered LTC holders to be armed? Is that the real question here?

Because it's not a big deal if it is OK to carry at work and presents no need to change what you use normally.

The most comfortable deep concealment holster IMO is a Smart carry. Full sized handguns are not a problem to wear all day whether sitting or standing and no magical wardrobe changes are needed.
(If you're pointing the muzzle at your junk you're wearing it wrong)
Lends a whole new meaning to the phrase "cocked & locked".

Caveat; Oompa Loompa sized or preggo bellied body types should not apply this method.
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --
Old 08-25-2019, 12:43 PM
Veteran Member

Shoulder.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:10 PM

When I can't have my shirt un-tucked (e.g. professional setting) and I feel I need to carry, I wear a Travelon anti-theft CCW bag cross body (mfgr link). They are available on Amazon.

I have a theory that while someone may get freaked out if I print, no one is going to look cross-ways at a hip, stylish, metrosexual accessory bag. Especially where I travel...

Old 08-26-2019, 8:14 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by krb View Post
Worst way to carry. First of all: this prints the most of any carry method, second: you have to sweep 180 degrees to present, and lastly: it's a nice way to get a spinal injury if you take a fall
Old 08-27-2019, 2:38 AM
Veteran Member

I'd go with a tuckable hybrid, well canted forward and low riding.
Old 08-28-2019, 8:30 PM

I use a Desantis Mini Slide holster for both my Glock 19 and 30. I use these holsters as IWB carry just does not work for me due to my body type and I do not wanna go out and buy pants a size larger then what I already wear.

The Desantis Mini Slide holster for me hugs the shape of my body thus putting my conceal firearms closer to my body which I prefer. The cant is forward which again, works for me. The draw is frigging super smooth after practicing in my home with it for awhile. The leather is incredibly good quality and the inside of the holster doesnt scratch up the guns finish.

The only con about this holster, there's no retention like there is on a Serpa type holster so if you were to get into an altercation, it could be taken. BUT...its very concealable and comfortable as hell and that's why I went with this holster.

Priced at $50 on Amazon, couldn't pass it up. That's my recommendation.

Last edited by giaking70; 08-28-2019 at 8:34 PM..
Old 08-29-2019, 4:48 AM

Depends on your build OP. I dress like this and carry a Kimber Pro Carry II appendix everyday using a Smart Carry. No one notices.