Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:30 AM

Newsom will try it because his ego says he has to but first he has to raise the panic level much higher than it is now. the problem is he will not be able to control what he starts unless he can convince the national guard to side with him so people have to be very careful on how they respond to his crazy edicts.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:09 PM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

He should take all the gunz!

Can’t somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 03-19-2020, 12:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
I seriously doubt a FISA court would consider any Californian a threat to US security and allow for a warrant !
NO WAY would those SHARP COOKIES at FISA believe any FAKE DOSSIERS !
I have no idea how California courts would act !

The FISA Court's are not relevant to this issue. It's a question of jurisdiction.
Old 03-19-2020, 1:13 PM

so far we are talking about a lot of what if's. Martial law hasn't been declared yet, confiscation hasn't happened yet.

Unlike Katrina we are not evacuating so we are not taking it out into the streets or in our cars. If they do start I am sure many hear will invoke the law and not voluntarily hand them over.
Old 03-19-2020, 1:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
... And I'm really hoping the younger adults get over themselves and do there part in this.
good luck with that, maybe some life threatening pneumonia will give them the learning opportunity they need.
Old 03-19-2020, 1:57 PM

If he pushes......there is gonna be some people will push back!

Not a smart move on his part!

Take care
Abenaki

I'd rather be a Boomer, than generation crybaby!
Old 03-19-2020, 2:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaparockCal View Post
Unfortunately, I live in Commiefornia that does not follow Federal Law.
California Emergency Services Act [8550 - 8669.7] - ARTICLE 3. Powers of the Governor [8565 - 8574]

In the case of this board, you might note 8571.5...

Quote:
Nothing in this article shall authorize the seizure or confiscation of any firearm or ammunition from any individual who is lawfully carrying or possessing the firearm or ammunition, or authorize any order to that effect, provided however, that a peace officer who is acting in his or her official capacity may disarm an individual if the officer reasonably believes it is immediately necessary for the protection of the officer or another individual. The officer shall return the firearm to the individual before discharging the individual, unless the officer arrests that individual or seizes the firearm as evidence pursuant to an investigation for the commission of a crime.
Old 03-19-2020, 4:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinCalifornia View Post
California Emergency Services Act [8550 - 8669.7] - ARTICLE 3. Powers of the Governor [8565 - 8574]

In the case of this board, you might note 8571.5...

Quote:
Nothing in this article shall authorize the seizure or confiscation of any firearm or ammunition from any individual who is lawfully carrying or possessing the firearm or ammunition, or authorize any order to that effect, provided however, that a peace officer who is acting in his or her official capacity may disarm an individual if the officer reasonably believes it is immediately necessary for the protection of the officer or another individual. The officer shall return the firearm to the individual before discharging the individual, unless the officer arrests that individual or seizes the firearm as evidence pursuant to an investigation for the commission of a crime.
That's one of the few good things that Arnie and the Dems passed. But I'm not sure if declaring martial law trumps that legislation which deals with state of emergencies. With martial law, we'll be dealing with soldiers/military, not peace officers/LE.

Last edited by Paladin; 03-19-2020 at 4:13 PM..
Old 03-19-2020, 4:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
Y'all need a DECENT citizen's militia out there!

https://palightfootmilitia.com/orders-we-will-not-obey/
Private militias such as the outfit linked to above, while well meaning, have nothing to do with, or influence on, either state or federally controlled military units, guard, active, or otherwise. I could easily envision said state or federal military resources being directed to "clean up" citizen militia first.
I do however applaud the efforts of private citizen militia to maintain order in chaotic times and events.
Old 03-19-2020, 4:31 PM
Banned

So are we looking at a lawsuit against San Jose Mayor (shapeshifting) Lizard-o in the near future? He has clearly violated both US code 5207 and the CA emergency services act.

I know that the crooked politicians in this state regularly and 'wokily' violate federal law with sanctuary city and other bs stunts, but this is too damn far.
Old 03-19-2020, 4:56 PM
Hooligan
CGN Contributor

Well, that would be the beginning of the Big Boogaloo for sure.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid" -Han Solo

"A dull knife is as useless as the man who would dare carry it"
Old 03-19-2020, 5:55 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
California preparing for worst case scenarios - https://www.fox5ny.com/news/californ...case-scenarios

"In readying the National Guard for action, Newsom’s office emphasized that it’s for duties routinely performed during natural disasters and other emergencies. But Newsom grimly added that “we have the ability to do martial law ... if we feel the necessity.”

"Imposing martial law would take the extraordinary step of replacing the usual laws with military authority, with the possible suspension of civil liberties like freedom of association and movement."
Martial law - good enough for Peru, good enough for California. Similar leadership mindset and how each views its people.
Old 03-19-2020, 6:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
That's one of the few good things that Arnie and the Dems passed. But I'm not sure if declaring martial law trumps that legislation which deals with state of emergencies. With martial law, we'll be dealing with soldiers/military, not peace officers/LE.
That's the unknown at this juncture. The original intent of the Federal legislation, which is mimic'd in the California Statute (as well as in numerous other States) was to preclude gun confiscation during "disasters." In other words, it was to prevent "never letting a good crisis go to waste" in terms of gun confiscation in a manner similar to what happened with Katrina.

The pragmatic reality is that there aren't enough soldiers/military to effectively kick in all doors listed on 4473's or in State DROS/"assault weapon" databases; particularly not simultaneously. Likewise, in many cases, even during 'martial law,' the National Guard usually provides supplemental and support service to law enforcement, medical, and other emergency personnel.

Besides Katrina, there's also the 'lesson' provided by the 1992 L.A. riots. We like to talk about the "Korean gun owners" defending homes/businesses and how the National Guard 'forced' them out. But, there was more to it than that. With law enforcement, the Guard, and military units, they still couldn't be 'everywhere at once;' not to mention a certain amount of 'confusion' regarding what, exactly, their orders and roles were.

This, as much as anything else, is likely what is causing some hesitation in the declaration of 'martial law.' Put another way, as I've said before, a Governor can enforce whatever she/he has the muscle to 'get away with.' Newsom has a limited amount of muscle to enforce something like true, martial law. Thus, he would be dependent upon 'cooperation' by a panic'd public and it's a real question whether the public is THAT panic'd... yet. In fact, that's why Newsom's new, Statewide "Shelter in Place" order had heavy caveats with assurances that 'citizens will comply' voluntarily - we hope.
Old 03-19-2020, 6:34 PM
CGN Contributor

Calling-up the Guard to help maintain order and distribution of needed materials? Sure. The Guard provides manpower all the tine during emergencies.

Declare Martial Law? For what? Aside from initial hoarding frenzies, everything has calmed down. There's no rioting, looting, everything is just eerily quiet. People are actually helping each other. Stores are restocking and trying to help the elderly.

The National Guard is made up of fellow Californians, most who believe in gun ownership. They aren't itching to kick down doors and take away our rights.
Old 03-19-2020, 6:43 PM
Calguns Addict

The guard might not be up for kicking in doors and confiscating weapons but the governor surely is and slipped up to say he may declare martial law.

Truly he is aware he has over stepped what’s required but this is his only chance.
Old 03-19-2020, 8:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWL View Post
Calling-up the Guard to help maintain order and distribution of needed materials? Sure. The Guard provides manpower all the tine during emergencies.

Declare Martial Law? For what? Aside from initial hoarding frenzies, everything has calmed down. There's no rioting, looting, everything is just eerily quiet. People are actually helping each other. Stores are restocking and trying to help the elderly.

The National Guard is made up of fellow Californians, most who believe in gun ownership. They aren't itching to kick down doors and take away our rights.
You're absolutely right. I ran a quick errand this afternoon and everything seemed completely normal. I live near Florence Ave., Pioneer Blvd. and Imperial Hwy. and I haven't heard a siren in days. There's nothing going on.
Old 03-19-2020, 8:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailormilan2 View Post
President Bush signed into law, after Hurricane Katrina, a Federal Law prohibiting Federal agents, military personnel, or any police agency who receives Federal Funds(pretty much all of them), from seizing firearms during a disaster.
Bush? A REPUBLICAN did that? And a REPUBLICAN Senate and House sent him that to sign???

And so many morons here refuse to vote republican.. throwing their votes away on third parties or worse.. a lot of our fellow gun owners VOTE DEMOCRAT!

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 03-19-2020 at 8:23 PM..
Old 03-19-2020, 8:44 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
Bush? A REPUBLICAN did that? And a REPUBLICAN Senate and House sent him that to sign???

And so many morons here refuse to vote republican.. throwing their votes away on third parties or worse.. a lot of our fellow gun owners VOTE DEMOCRAT!
Sorry... You can't fix stupid...

_
Old 03-19-2020, 9:58 PM

Well guys I screwed up , currently holding 200rnds of 7.62x39 and maybe 100rnds of 9 , no 556 , no 12g , I have been putting everything into building this new plumbing company I started in October and have no real I’d or passport . Super pissed at myself right now
Old 03-19-2020, 10:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc plumber View Post
Well guys I screwed up , currently holding 200rnds of 7.62x39 and maybe 100rnds of 9 , no 556 , no 12g , I have been putting everything into building this new plumbing company I started in October and have no real I’d or passport . Super pissed at myself right now
Hey.. look at it this way... if you get into a gun fight and you win, you get the other guys guns and ammo. If you dont win the gun fight well then, ah.. you really wont care anymore.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 03-19-2020, 10:26 PM

Nobody will be sent door to door to confiscate guns. People will receive notices in the mail that they are to present their weapons, at a certain time and place, for inspection. They will fail "inspection" and that is when they will be taken. Refusal to present your weapons will be grounds for various forms of pressure...fines, loss of utility service, levies against your property, loss of driver's licenses, seizure of wages or bank accounts, or whatever else they want to try. And if you want to take them to court to stop them, go ahead and spend the many tens of thousands of dollar it will cost you to try. That is why we first had the Boston Tea Party, and then the Revolution.
Old 03-20-2020, 9:13 AM

While I was in Turner's picking up some ammo I had ordered before all this started; the sales staff were talking about how many private citizens were being stopped illegally carrying loaded guns in their cars according to the LEO's coming into the store. That does not bode well if accurate.
Old 03-20-2020, 9:56 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtlaw View Post
The FISA Court's are not relevant to this issue. It's a question of jurisdiction.
I was guessing FISA would have jurisdiction based on national security. I am very pleased FISA does NOT have jurisdiction !
Old 03-20-2020, 10:30 AM

The Coronavirus Freakers should be 100% behind martial law, they've already indicated that no price is too high in slowing the spread of the virus.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:36 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailormilan2 View Post
....Federal Law prohibiting .....any police agency who receives Federal Funds from seizing firearms during a disaster.
We're screwed since Fed funds to sanctuary cities/states has been cut off. CA will no longer appeal the decision since they'll see a shot at taking all the guns.
Old 03-21-2020, 6:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Im thinking after he screwed up and publicly praised President Trumps efforts at helping states deal with the Wuhan flu virus. He's looking for a little more street cred.
Releasing violent predators helped a little, but a democrat threatening to use martial law will solidify his base like nothing else.
Wonder about those registration lists democrats go gaga over ?
You should see what Downtown Sacramento looks like... I've been to third-world countries that have less homeless people. Most of them are on meth, too. Basically Skid Row 2.0. I'd advise everyone to stay the frick out of Downtown at all costs.
Old 03-21-2020, 7:32 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt Doctur View Post
What are the plans for the "tent people" , is california going to house them or do you let them die off . If you can house them somplace, who feeds them ?
When removed from the sidewalks are you going to bulldoze and clean the sidewalks ?
We don`t need people who poop where they eat and sleep on the sidewalks.
To those that have them, lock and load. To those that don`t , Oh well .
This, is the essence of the problem. California has coddled, encouraged and invited homeless from all over the country to come here. The homeless population is one big virus petri dish. The virus is going to ravage that community in that community has no discipline and no care about anything and will spread it everywhere.

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 03-25-2020, 10:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
We were in a worst case scenario here before the virus arrived.
...For around the last 2 decades, at the very least.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran
Old 03-25-2020, 10:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
While I was in Turner's picking up some ammo I had ordered before all this started; the sales staff were talking about how many private citizens were being stopped illegally carrying loaded guns in their cars according to the LEO's coming into the store. That does not bode well if accurate.
If private citizens are stopped illegally, sounds to me that it's a problem with LE.

If LE stop those who are carrying without a CWL, those carrying need to do a much better job of putting the weapon in a place where it's both readily available as well as out of sight. I use a Halliburton aluminum brief case that's unlocked and unlatched. It lays on the passenger seat and I can lock and latch it in plenty of time if I'm pulled over in CA, which has yet to happen.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran
Old 03-25-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
If private citizens are stopped illegally, sounds to me that it's a problem with LE.

If LE stop those who are carrying without a CWL, those carrying need to do a much better job of putting the weapon in a place where it's both readily available as well as out of sight. I use a Halliburton aluminum brief case that's unlocked and unlatched. It lays on the passenger seat and I can lock and latch it in plenty of time if I'm pulled over in CA, which has yet to happen.
It's probably all the liberals who rushed out to purchase their first gun a couple weeks ago and never bothered to brush up on the rules. Hopefully they do get caught and spanked for it. That will show them just how stupid the laws they voted for really are.
Old 03-25-2020, 5:01 PM

you listened to the "sales staff" at Turners ?

Old 03-31-2020, 8:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitthecoast View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...w-possibility/

Chances he will declare martial law in response to 40 deaths? Will we see a Katrina-style door to door confiscation?
My guess is he and the other antis want, more than anything else, there not to still be a need for "Rooftop Koreans" some 30 years later after the Rodney King riots. They don't want more examples, esp not in a presidential election year with ubiquitous social media, of LE/mil failing on the job and "civilians" having to pick up arms to pick up the slack.

Last edited by Paladin; 04-01-2020 at 3:39 PM..
Old 03-31-2020, 9:57 PM

With Newsom, even speaking about thinking, about martial law, has increase gun sales.

Kalifornias' 2 faced voters, are feeling the hindrances caused by their voting for more ammo and firearm restrictions. I LOVE IT !

It has also started, a new wave of toilet paper hoarding.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:47 PM

The California National Guard is federally funded so it is prohibited from seizing firearms from law abiding citizens during emergencies.

Wiki:
"The California National Guard is a federally funded California military force, part of the National Guard of the United States."
Old 04-01-2020, 4:17 AM

Gee, will California be the next country to begin the New Revolution with the first shot heard around the world?
Old 04-01-2020, 5:34 AM
Veteran Member

If we start seeing more news regarding LEOs who are unable to work, due to sickness, or simple quarantining, and the ignorant masses figure out that they can do stuff with impunity, then I would expect Martial Law.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...u2MXajZLLBbky4

https://www.yahoo.com/news/700-jerse...145334845.html
Old 04-01-2020, 7:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWL View Post

Agreed!! While avoiding the virus is a concern, I'm not worried about the Guard.

No more dems, rinos, commies, , pinkos, crooks, pedos, frauds, idiots, lunatics, wanna-be dictators, traitors, old fools, or kleptocratic thieves for President from any party.

The demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol have defiled the seat of American democracy. Donald J. Trump 1/7/21
Old 04-01-2020, 7:57 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

So no problem with Newsom violating marital law by sleeping with his best friend's wife but martial law is okay?

NRA/USCCA/DOJ instructor, NRA CRSO, Journalist
Old 04-01-2020, 8:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlglock View Post
So no problem with Newsom violating marital law by sleeping with his best friend's wife but martial law is okay?
While they were both married, no less.
Old 04-01-2020, 8:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Mark Esper: National Guard Can Enforce Orders to Stay Home

https://www.newsmax.com/us/esper-nat.../01/id/960863/