Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 08-15-2021, 6:26 PM

Default To Perazzi or not to Perazzi, that is the question.

A friend has a Perazzi High Tech that he is wanting to sell, and I am thinking about buying it.
I already have a Zoli, that I don't shoot well and a Browning 725 that I do shoot pretty well with. It's a lot of money and I really don't need it...but it is a Perazzi.
I shot it last night and absolutely crushed the targets I used it on...I'm on the fence.
It's a used gun, low round count and well cared for, so I really can't lose any money...but it is a lot of money. I have the money and my wife gave me the okay...

So, to Perazzi or not to Perazzi, that is the question.

My page...Give me some feedback.
Old 08-15-2021, 6:28 PM
Veteran Member

Buy it. Sell the Browning and Zoli.
Old 08-15-2021, 6:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

This is not a trick question is it?

If he is a real friend…then I would assume the gun is in good shape, you are getting a good price and he wants to remain a friend or he would not sell it to you.

The last part is the tricky one.
Old 08-15-2021, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Toast View Post
Been thinking about selling the Zoli. Just bought the Browning 4 months ago, and I like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmy View Post
This is not a trick question is it?

If he is a real friend…then I would assume the gun is in good shape, you are getting a good price and he wants to remain a friend or he would not sell it to you.

The last part is the tricky one.
The gun is in great shape, the price is reasonable. I know when he bought it and how much he paid (new).
I know I can't lose anything...but it is a lot of money

Old 08-15-2021, 6:53 PM

Unless you have another friend with a Kolar for sale go for the Perazzi!

I have a friend w a Kolar that fits me like a glove. I’m a teens to low 20’s shooter, shot a round with his gun hit 24 out the gate. I just don’t have 12k

Red
Old 08-15-2021, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
Unless you have another friend with a Kolar for sale go for the Perazzi!

I have a friend w a Kolar that fits me like a glove. I’m a teens to low 20’s shooter, shot a round with his gun hit 24 out the gate. I just don’t have 12k

Red
I have no friends with Kolar's, Most of my friends shoot beer budget guns, I do as well. The Kolar guns are quality for sure.
Please don't take this personally, but if I shot in the teens, I would be depressed. My last round of Skeet, over a year ago, was a 24. I'm shooting in a tournament next weekend, I'm sure I will be depressed....

Old 08-15-2021, 7:37 PM

Nice guns don’t mean poop if they don’t fit and hit.
Old 08-15-2021, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaClAddict View Post
Nice guns don’t mean poop if they don’t fit and hit.
True!
I did try it and crushed the targets I shot at. He's going to bring it to the next shoot so I can get a better feel for it. That will tell the tale...

Old 08-15-2021, 7:51 PM

Buy it, ya never know when another 'deal' may come along and then you aren't prepared.
Timing is right, BUY IT!
mike
Old 08-15-2021, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceh383 View Post
True!
I did try it and crushed the targets I shot at. He's going to bring it to the next shoot so I can get a better feel for it. That will tell the tale...
So you want it, your wife says ok, you crush targets with it, and it’s a Perazzi. Buy it already. Maybe you need a fitting session with it. That’s normal. Buy it.
Old 08-15-2021, 8:07 PM

Don’t do it!!!!
Send your friend my way, and I will take care of the problem!!!
Old 08-15-2021, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Stroke View Post
So you want it, your wife says ok, you crush targets with it, and it’s a Perazzi. Buy it already. Maybe you need a fitting session with it. That’s normal. Buy it.
I probably will, but it is a lot of money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzbike View Post
Don’t do it!!!!
Send your friend my way, and I will take care of the problem!!!
If I decide to pass on it, I will
have him look you up...

Old 08-15-2021, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Toast View Post
This. YOLO.
Or sell the Zoli since you say it's not quite right for you to offset the cost of the Perazzi - keep the Browning for a while as a back-up or practice with since you say it works for you pretty well and you recently bought it.
Good luck.

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!
Old 08-15-2021, 8:35 PM

Quote:
I probably will, but it is a lot of money.
Is the price you will pay at or below market? If for any reason you wanted to sell it, could you readily recoup your money in the CG marketplace? If yes you should buy it and if no you should pass.
Old 08-15-2021, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWDHD? View Post
This. YOLO.
Or sell the Zoli since you say it's not quite right for you to offset the cost of the Perazzi - keep the Browning for a while as a back-up or practice with since you say it works for you pretty well and you recently bought it.
Good luck.
Been thinking about selling the Zoli for a while, I probably will. I bought the Browning and my scores started going up immediately. While I did crush targets with the Perazzi, I'm not sure another gun change is the best way to go right now.
I don't know, I guess the worst thing would be it doesn't work me and I have to sell it. I won't lose any money, but it is still a lot of money...

Old 08-15-2021, 8:55 PM

Buy it!
Received the okay, reasonable price and well taken care of.....and it's a Perazzi!
Old 08-15-2021, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mean2like View Post
Buy it!
Received the okay, reasonable price and well taken care of.....and it's a Perazzi!
You know the seller...

Old 08-15-2021, 11:36 PM

Cost of the gun hurts sure, but when you look at total costs over time it’s still small. Enjoy the money you’re spending on shells to the fullest.

If you want to talk expensive, I took my wife shooting for the first time recently. She loved it, her immediate statements were “you know this pistol is mine now right?” And “when can we go shoot clays?”.
Old 08-15-2021, 11:46 PM

Perazzi.
Old 08-16-2021, 3:43 AM

Unless your plan is to die rich, buy it. Coulda, shoulda, woulda on your deathbed will suck. Congrats on the new gun.
Old 08-16-2021, 8:22 AM
NRA Member, CRPA Member,
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imageview View Post
... her immediate statements were “you know this pistol is mine now right?” ...
That's how I "lost" my Wilson Combat custom Beretta 92. You live, you learn.

Also...

With the Perazzi or Kolar, breakin' four clays
throw the hulls down, screamin' out, money ain't a thang

Last edited by champu; 08-16-2021 at 8:31 AM..
Old 08-16-2021, 10:11 AM

Quote:
A friend has a Perazzi High Tech that he is wanting to sell, and I am thinking about buying it.
I already have a Zoli, that I don't shoot well and a Browning 725 that I do shoot pretty well with. It's a lot of money and I really don't need it...but it is a Perazzi.
I shot it last night and absolutely crushed the targets I used it on...I'm on the fence.
It's a used gun, low round count and well cared for, so I really can't lose any money...but it is a lot of money. I have the money and my wife gave me the okay...

So, to Perazzi or not to Perazzi, that is the question.
Another gun?

“The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself, ...”

― Oscar Wilde ―

I think you've already decided. You might feel better if you let the Zoli go. Maybe the Browning too if you decide it overlaps with the Perazzi.

Six months from now, how will you describe what's in your safe and how you use them?

Which model Perazzi?

Whatever you do... don't let me see or hold it

---------------------------------------------

Browning Citori 725 Sporting
Tristar Viper G2 Sporting
Tristar Sporting O/U (aka Turkish Junk)
MEC 9000 to reload
Old 08-16-2021, 10:16 AM

I sold all my Browning's and bought a X-14 years ago and for 15 years did some serious trap shooting all over the West. Perazzi are great guns but as with all guns, you need to train the gun to shoot where you are looking. It's next upgrade step if you want to get serious. Best of luck
Old 08-16-2021, 11:48 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

You can't take it with you. Might as well splurge and enjoy it while you can.

You mentioned "a lot of money" in almost all of your posts. You get what you pay for. Doubtful you would lose money on it.

One word of advice, get a few trigger springs and learn to change them and/or buy a second trigger group. Shot more than one tournament where someone had to replace their trigger in the middle of the event.
Old 08-16-2021, 2:09 PM

Some of the best guns for the money! But I use only coil spring trigger perazzis. I can’t tell the difference because I’m a trigger slapper and they are super more reliable and can even work when broken.
Old 08-16-2021, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by md2020 View Post
Another gun?

“The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself, ...”

― Oscar Wilde ―

I think you've already decided. You might feel better if you let the Zoli go. Maybe the Browning too if you decide it overlaps with the Perazzi.

Six months from now, how will you describe what's in your safe and how you use them?

Which model Perazzi?

Whatever you do... don't let me see or hold it
I both held it and shot it. Had to resist shooting it gangster style though.

"The Hillary Clinton school of failure."
Old 08-16-2021, 5:51 PM

Based on the limited info, I'd say buy the Perazzi, sell the Zoli, and keep the Browning both for if the Perazzi goes down or as a loaner shotgun to give to friends and family if they want to join you at the range.
Old 08-16-2021, 6:06 PM

Is the gun custom fit to him? I might be concerned about that. If I bought a new Perazzi I would take advantage of that opportunity.
New gun luck happens some time too, with good scores as a result of increased attention. They really are fine guns, and it might be a great deal. Why is he selling it?
Old 08-16-2021, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezb57 View Post
Is the gun custom fit to him? I might be concerned about that. If I bought a new Perazzi I would take advantage of that opportunity.
New gun luck happens some time too, with good scores as a result of increased attention. They really are fine guns, and it might be a great deal. Why is he selling it?
No, the gun is not custom fit to him, it is an off the shelf High Tech. I asked him to bring it to the next shoot so I could give it a better test run, he said he would. He has 3 Perazzi's, said he only needs 2, so this one would be the one he lets go.

I say it is expensive, because it is. I paid just over 3k for the Zoli, it's a Kronos Extra, bought it used. The Browning I bought new, it's a 725 Sporting Golden Clays, I paid 4.7k for it. This Perazzi is well north of both those guns combined...So yes, it is expensive.

I have reservations other than the cost. It's a flat rib gun as is my Zoli which I don't shoot very well anymore. It also has fixed chokes, MOD/IMOD, so it would be a Sporting Clays only gun for me. I don't shoot nearly as much as I once did, so I an debating if it is worth it to me or not.

The first 2 shots I took with it I did not see any chips off the targets...just SMOKE

Old 08-16-2021, 8:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Default ><

IMHO, some considerations : try the gun on some 40yrd targets, does it still wow you, fit you ? Still crushing clays?

Research the price of the exact model ( model, engraver, barrel length, fix chocked MOD MOD ect. May be hard on a Perazzi, but an off the self production gun should be easier

If one is not good and two is ----add the price to have it fitted....still a good price?

If one is good and two is a good price ....then its just a matter of choice to spend the money on a shotgun or something else.
Old 08-16-2021, 8:46 PM
Veteran Member

I like the P-guns. I don't shoot them any better than my 725.

I'm probably going to get a Kolar though so I say do it.
Old 08-16-2021, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefeeder View Post
IMHO, some considerations : try the gun on some 40yrd targets, does it still wow you, fit you ? Still crushing clays?

Research the price of the exact model ( model, engraver, barrel length, fix chocked MOD MOD ect. May be hard on a Perazzi, but an off the self production gun should be easier

If one is not good and two is ----add the price to have it fitted....still a good price?

If one is good and two is a good price ....then its just a matter of choice to spend the money on a shotgun or something else.
That's the plan, I'm going to use it in a 100 target event. I will see everything from in your face to 40+ yard targets.This will tell the tale for me. The few targets I used it for on Saturday night were encouraging but not a true test. To spend this kind of $$$ on a gun I will need to see more targets with it. I've already spent a good deal of money this year on 2 new Browning 725's, a 12ga Sporting Golden Clays and a 28ga Sporter. It's a fixed choke gun, MOD/IMOD, so it will be for Sporting Clays/5-Stand. I'll need to keep one of the other guns for Skeet.

Old 08-17-2021, 7:13 AM

You can always send it to Briley and they can install the removable chokes for you. OR, you can buy tubes for it and shoot 20, 28, 410 out of that same shotgun, plus the 12.
Old 08-17-2021, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoman View Post
You can always send it to Briley and they can install the removable chokes for you. OR, you can buy tubes for it and shoot 20, 28, 410 out of that same shotgun, plus the 12.
No and no...
The constrictions are close to what I normally use for Sporting/5-Stand, so that's not really an issue. I'd keep the Browning for a backup/Skeet gun. With the 12ga and 28ga Brownings, I have Skeet covered as well as I want to. I don't shoot Trap so not a question for me.

Tubes, I had a tubed gun, I liked it as a 12ga, hated it with the tubes in it. With the tubes in it, it swung like a pig on a 4x4...I won't do that again.

Old 08-17-2021, 7:27 PM
NRA Member, CRPA Member,
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I don't shoot Trap so not a question for me.
If you change your mind on that, and find yourself on a Perazzi kick, I do have a TM-1 that’s in good shape that you’re welcome to try shooting...
Old 08-17-2021, 7:36 PM

If it's used I would imagine it has already taken the bulk of the depreciation it would ever see. If you get it, don't like it or don't find that you're using it enough, and decide to sell it, how much are you really out of pocket?
Old 08-17-2021, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champu View Post
If you change your mind on that, and find yourself on a Perazzi kick, I do have a TM-1 that’s in good shape that you’re welcome to try shooting...
Isn't that a single barrel Trap gun? It would make a true pair a real challenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl394 View Post
If it's used I would imagine it has already taken the bulk of the depreciation it would ever see. If you get it, don't like it or don't find that you're using it enough, and decide to sell it, how much are you really out of pocket?
Wouldn't be out much, if any, that's for sure. I've already spent a lot of $$$ on guns this year, if I buy this one, it would more than double what I've spent

Old 08-17-2021, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Wouldn't be out much, if any, that's for sure. I've already spent a lot of $$$ on guns this year, if I buy this one, it would more than double what I've spent
Sounds like you married the right woman!
Old 08-17-2021, 8:10 PM

Quote:
It also has fixed chokes, MOD/IMOD
Pass!

TheDonger.CalGuns@gmail.com
Old 08-17-2021, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl394 View Post
Sounds like you married the right woman!
Earlier this year she told me to buy as many guns as I could afford
I told her about shooting this particular gun, she said if you want it, buy it.
I thought she'd kill me just for thinking about it