Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 10-27-2018, 2:19 PM
Flash ahhhaahh dundundun
CGN Contributor

Default Torrance PD denying people of their 2A rights

Maybe this belongs in the Concealed Carry area, if so, so shall it be moved. In any case I stumbled across this video and it's infuriating to say the least. If you have seen it I apologize but if you haven't, it's worth watching to see how stonewalling is used to deny you your rights. I have heard the same tactic being used by many other law enforcement agencies all over and where I live in Riverside County.

upload images
Old 10-27-2018, 2:34 PM
Veteran Member

LOL....maybe the ones who got approved in better time frames weren’t azzhat videobloggers

Move to Orange County.....3 months

https://www.activejunky.com/invite/238017

“Criminals, tyrants and terrorists don’t do background checks.” — Judge Roger Benitez, 4/23/2020
Old 10-27-2018, 2:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Old news. I have lived here for 30 years. They won't give in.
Old 10-27-2018, 2:43 PM

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1440093

onus....
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUNS.NET
You have been banned for the following reason: posting other member's personal info without permission. I don't care what your reasoning is that is not allowed.
Old 10-27-2018, 4:05 PM
Flash ahhhaahh dundundun
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviioiive View Post
Thank you sir, I had figured it was posted somewhere.

upload images
Old 10-27-2018, 4:27 PM

"Riverside, California Sheriff Stan Sniff Sued for “Discriminatory and Unconstitutional” Handgun Carry Policies in Federal Court"

https://www.calgunsfoundation.org/ri...tOfosqn80qmmHc
Old 10-27-2018, 5:52 PM
Flash ahhhaahh dundundun
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampz View Post
"Riverside, California Sheriff Stan Sniff Sued for “Discriminatory and Unconstitutional” Handgun Carry Policies in Federal Court"

https://www.calgunsfoundation.org/ri...tOfosqn80qmmHc
Stiff the Sniff come voting day. How the Riverside County Sheriff's Dept. could be so anti 2A is beyond me as most of the people I have met out here, living here, are pro 2A. Get rid of Sniff!

upload images
Old 10-27-2018, 6:14 PM

I don’t think I would even give that nut a permit
Old 10-27-2018, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post
LOL....maybe the ones who got approved in better time frames weren’t azzhat videobloggers

He is not a prohibited person, has no criminal history, so why shouldn't he be allowed a CCW?

We are either for 2nd Amendment rights or we are not. The guy made an excellent video detailing how this particular LEA is denying people their right to a fair process. I guess you are okay with that?

Old 10-27-2018, 7:30 PM
Veteran Member

This is very close to what happened to me at the Colusa County Sheriff's office. Only difference was that they would not accept my application, and sent it back when I mailed it. See my crime was living within city limits, and the good Sheriff would not accept applications from those who live within city limits. I hope the new Sheriff is more in line with the law, but I will find out when I move back in a couple of years.

Satire: A literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
Old 10-27-2018, 8:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...."

"May Issue" means something.

For those who want to know the right way to approach a non "Self Defense = Good Cause" issuing agency, see the first 3 posts at: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924 But don't post in that thread unless you live in CoCoCo and need advice on applying to their Sheriff.

Last edited by Paladin; 10-27-2018 at 9:03 PM..
Old 10-27-2018, 9:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullAuto View Post
Maybe this belongs in the Concealed Carry area, if so, so shall it be moved. In any case I stumbled across this video and it's infuriating to say the least. If you have seen it I apologize but if you haven't, it's worth watching to see how stonewalling is used to deny you your rights. I have heard the same tactic being used by many other law enforcement agencies all over and where I live in Riverside County.

It's called a criminal government and needs to be treated as such
Old 10-27-2018, 9:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
He is not a prohibited person, has no criminal history, so why shouldn't he be allowed a CCW?

We are either for 2nd Amendment rights or we are not. The guy made an excellent video detailing how this particular LEA is denying people their right to a fair process. I guess you are okay with that?

Dunno, I didn’t have to go pester the Sheriffs Dept. or Police to get my stuff done. I didn’t have to go sticking a video cam in officer’s faces.

Just the fact that he proved others were getting their interviews before him raises questions with me about his history/good cause/motivations. Other people got it done, what’s the matter with him?

“Criminals, tyrants and terrorists don’t do background checks.” — Judge Roger Benitez, 4/23/2020
Old 10-27-2018, 11:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Dunno, I didn’t have to go pester the Sheriffs Dept. or Police to get my stuff done. I didn’t have to go sticking a video cam in officer’s faces.

Just the fact that he proved others were getting their interviews before him raises questions with me about his history/good cause/motivations. Other people got it done, what’s the matter with him?

What your sheriff/popo required is immaterial.

Apparently connections.

No Mas Hamas

#Blackolivesmatter
Old 10-28-2018, 4:19 AM
Calguns Addict

Years ago Culver City PD wouldn't even finger print me so I could apply for a CCW. Why pay your tax money to people who don't think you're worth anything?
Old 10-28-2018, 6:35 AM
Flash ahhhaahh dundundun
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Well....if you watched the video, he explains it all. Regardless of whether he is "pestering" the police department or not has nothing to do with the blatant stonewalling and misdirection they do to him for simply wanting to exercise his 2A right. Pretty sure if the same thing happened to you or anyone else here, you would be singing a different tune.

This is the type of viewpoint or mentality that years of compartmentalization and marginalization has created. He is not a prohibited person by all accounts as far as can be shown through the little information we have on him. Being jerked around for 18 months for no good reason is reason enough for anyone, even with the most patience in the world, to be pissed off.

upload images
Old 10-28-2018, 11:08 AM

And some States have Constitutional Carry. May your chains rest lightly on you comrades...
Old 10-28-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
I didn't take a camera with me but maybe I should have. I have been denied 3 times and there isn't anything more than a few traffic tickets in my record.

So this is NOT about qualifications; it isn't even about cameras (FIRST AMENDEMENT).

Quote:

The "others" turned out to be mainly friends or family of LEOs or retired LEOs. Are you suggesting LEOs should have more constitutional rights than the rest of us?

What is a "good cause" in your mind? When the government decides your life is worth giving you the right to protect it? That comment leaves me scratching my head, especially in this forum dedicated to 2nd Amendment constitutional rights. Are you not in favor of 'shall issue' as the correct policy for CCW?

The fact is the Torrance Police Dept does not like this particular person because he is using his 1st Amendment rights to document the CCW process; therefore, that is a problem with this police dept (i.e., GOVERNMENT), If they are uncomfortable with having a camera on them, they need to get over that; they have cameras on us 24/7-- so like it or not they are public SERVANTS, they don't get to decide what they like or do not like when it comes to citizens oversight. If that bothers them, find new careers.

Here is another video by the same person. I think the video is done well and sort of demonstrates what he does and why SOME police officers don't like him. One of the officers in this video comes off looking "disingenuous" and the citizen mentions that, and the officer doesn't even seem to know what the word disingenuous means--that officer thinks "disingenuous" is the opposite of "generous". I found that to be the most bothersome part of this video; a lack of basic English language skills.

dis·in·gen·u·ous
/ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs/
adjective
adjective: disingenuous

not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.
synonyms: insincere, dishonest, untruthful, false, deceitful, duplicitous, lying, mendacious; hypocritical
Old 10-28-2018, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post

The "others" turned out to be mainly friends or family of LEOs or retired LEOs. Are you suggesting LEOs should have more constitutional rights than the rest of us?

What is a "good cause" in your mind? When the government decides your life is worth giving you the right to protect it? That comment leaves me scratching my head, especially in this forum dedicated to 2nd Amendment constitutional rights. Are you not in favor of 'shall issue' as the correct policy for CCW?

Triggered much? Hey, I’m not going to go view this videoblogger’s life history....how would I know if “others” turn out to be “mainly friends or family of LEOs”? Now is it “mainly” or “all”? Don’t claim you know his background......

The FACT is, there is no “shall issue” issue involved here, so why question my beliefs on that? Whether I was in favor of “shall issue” or not has nothing to do with his complaint or situation. What a joke.....nice stretch, lol.

Don’t drag me into one of your odious diatribes on politics, race, and laws.....most of us know where you reside.

Merry Christmas, lol

Last edited by Erion929; 10-28-2018 at 12:00 PM..
Old 10-28-2018, 2:14 PM
Calguns Addict

It will take Federal intervention to get gun rights back in CA. One more SC Justice should assure it.
Old 10-28-2018, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Triggered much?
Why would you say that? Nothing in my reply to you was personal or inflammatory, I was only questioning why you or anyone else would feel that a citizen--- any citizen who is not a restricted person, should not be entitled to a CCW?

Quote:
Hey, I’m not going to go view this videoblogger’s life history....how would I know if “others” turn out to be “mainly friends or family of LEOs”? Now is it “mainly” or “all”? Don’t claim you know his background......
It's been awhile since I viewed the videos he posted on this a year ago, but I believe what he found out was that a predominant number of people who received CCW permits in Torrance were retired LEOs and very few others received them.

I posted the other video he made of a LAPD traffic stop because it was representative of what he does. This isn't a 'BLM' guy, not a "sovereign citizen type"--- just a guy who records the police in an effort to educate the public and also educate the police. 1st Amendment, 2nd Amendment, 4th Amendment. This citizen is pro on all 3. I see nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
The FACT is, there is no “shall issue” issue involved here, so why question my beliefs on that?
I don't know what your beliefs are, I just asked the question is all. You suggested the guy probably didn't deserve a CCW, I was only asking you why you felt that way? If it is because you don't like guys who videotape the police I don't think that is a good reason. If the guy is not a criminal, then it should be shall issue. I took from your comment about questioning his "good cause" to mean you believe "good cause" matters, I personally DO NOT as do many here on this forum. If you are in the "shall issue" camp and that is what you are saying now, then great, we agree. I was just wondering why you brought up good cause is all? I live in the same county as this guy (Los Angeles) and "good cause" has been subjectively applied to deny law abiding citizens 2nd Amendment rights here for my entire life.

Quote:
Whether I was in favor of “shall issue” or not has nothing to do with his complaint or situation. What a joke.....nice stretch, lol.

For the record, are you shall issue or not? Just curious.

Quote:
Don’t drag me into one of your odious diatribes on politics, race, and laws....
????

Race, politics???? I thought the discussion was 2nd Amendment rights as it pertains to a CCW. What on Earth are you talking about? FWIW, the guy in this video was out making an effort to elect a pro -2nd Amendment PRO shall issue candidate for Sheriff in Los Angeles county. The same candidate officially endorsed by Calguns. So whether you like him personally or not, he is not in my opinion "the enemy". I've spoken with him personally, and while I don't agree with all of his opinions in his videos, he is a pretty regular guy, not a criminal, and pro 2nd Amendment.

Quote:

.most of us know where you reside.
Would you like to explain that remark? Do you mean my personal residence or something else? Because if you are talking about my personal residence then I wonder how I am supposed to take that? Just want to be sure you didn't mean that as a threat is all, because that kind of talk would not be cool.

Quote:
Merry Christmas, lol

A little early for that.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullAuto View Post
Well....if you watched the video, he explains it all. Regardless of whether he is "pestering" the police department or not has nothing to do with the blatant stonewalling and misdirection they do to him for simply wanting to exercise his 2A right. Pretty sure if the same thing happened to you or anyone else here, you would be singing a different tune.

This is the type of viewpoint or mentality that years of compartmentalization and marginalization has created. He is not a prohibited person by all accounts as far as can be shown through the little information we have on him. Being jerked around for 18 months for no good reason is reason enough for anyone, even with the most patience in the world, to be pissed off.
^^^^

BINGO!

Thanks for posting that. Apparently some people need to be reminded that our constitutional rights are not meant to be doled out conveniently to those sheep who are meekly lined up at the trough of the government. Police work for US, they don't get to apply the law or the policies based on who their pals are or are not. What the video detailed was nothing less than government corruption in my opinion.

thanks!

Lex
Old 10-28-2018, 3:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Is Onus the guy who films all the DUI checkpoints and talks crap about police on his channel?

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 10-28-2018, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
Is Onus the guy who films all the DUI checkpoints and talks crap about police on his channel?
I think you are thinking Tom Zebra. The two know each other, and I think Zebra tends to talk out of his back end a lot. But this guy "Katman" (Onus News) is for the most part pretty fair and balanced. Some of the other around him probably not so much.
Old 10-28-2018, 6:06 PM

The guy may have some previous issues with Torence P.D. but that is no excuse for them to lie to him and jerk him around like they did .Makes me wonder what else the P.D. will decide to lie about will they plant evidence at crime scenes , lie about what they see all because they know what is best . Someone needs to be severly disaplined up to being fired. I feel sorry for the 99% of P.D. that do the right thing even with difficult people .
I worked for a public agency for 35 years and never lied to the public
Old 10-28-2018, 7:45 PM
WingDings HQ Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Is not being an azzhat video blogger a prerequisite for exercising your rights?

I don't agree with some of the stances this guy has, but he did us all a favor for this investigative journalism.
I try to frame my response to be useful to those observing, with little regard to convince the opponent of my awesomeness - EM2
Quote:
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's impossible to win an argument with a stupid person - Whitefang
TRUMP/NUNES
Old 10-28-2018, 7:47 PM
WingDings HQ Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...."

"May Issue" means something. [/B]
Nice to see that you support "may issue" and defend the fruits of that policy
I try to frame my response to be useful to those observing, with little regard to convince the opponent of my awesomeness - EM2
Quote:
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's impossible to win an argument with a stupid person - Whitefang
TRUMP/NUNES
Old 10-28-2018, 7:49 PM
In Memoriam

Even Eddie knew Torrance sucked 40 years ago

https://youtu.be/wkEFtEP1FzY

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/...CCAB7CE8D70F60
Old 10-28-2018, 8:01 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyedrider View Post
Reminding us of 'what is the law' is not the same as endorsing the law in any aspect.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 10-28-2018, 8:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyedrider View Post
I don't support "May Issue."

CA is currently "May Issue." If you don't want to play the "May Issue" game, don't apply.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawman View Post
The guy may have some previous issues with Torence P.D. but that is no excuse for them to lie to him and jerk him around like they did .Makes me wonder what else the P.D. will decide to lie about will they plant evidence at crime scenes , lie about what they see all because they know what is best . Someone needs to be severly disaplined up to being fired. I feel sorry for the 99% of P.D. that do the right thing even with difficult people .
I worked for a public agency for 35 years and never lied to the public
What I believe Onus News was able to demonstrate was that Torrance PD engaged in retaliation against the videographer due to past and prior contacts with him.

We expect our LEAs to be professional and unbiased. When they demonstrate bias and pettiness it only makes their own jobs more difficult in the big picture.