Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 02-07-2018, 10:38 AM
Rattlesnake Hunter
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbauer View Post
Didn’t see this anywhere today, but it’s got Orange County and Contra Costa, so I’m onboard!

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/ne...ornia-declared

So ... I was at locat market the other day and this guy out front getting people to sign petitions. One of the petitions was for State of Jefferson that included San Francisco !!!

I told the guy he's OUT OF HIS MIND if I wanna sign a petition for NorCal Jefferson to include San Francisco

I can go with this ^^^ New California as Mendocino separated from S.F.
......GO HERE FOR--► My YouTube Channel
Old 02-10-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedle View Post
I could live in New Cali
I could live there too as long as Contra Costa is in. Napa should be there too imho.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2018, 10:50 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Wouldn't New CA need one of the "mega" ports, or are the smaller ones going to be sufficient?

http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/tpp/offices/ogm/seaports.html
Quote:
California has 11 public ports, which include 3 “megaports” (Los Angeles, Long Beach, and Oakland); 8 smaller niche ports (Hueneme, Humboldt Bay, Redwood City, Richmond, West Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, and Stockton); and 1 private port (Benicia). The ports of Oakland, Stockton, and West Sacramento are developing a new barge shipping service funded through a federal TIGER grant. For more information, see below.
Old 02-10-2018, 7:18 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb78 View Post
Wouldn't New CA need one of the "mega" ports, or are the smaller ones going to be sufficient?
Why would it need a "mega" port any more than any other state that lacks a coastline or "mega" port?

If California cuts off rail shipments to New California, fine... we'll build a major port near San Clemente.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 02-10-2018, 7:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I don't really know, I guess it wouldn't, from that perspective. But wouldn't it be helpful to the New CA economy to have one under their control, and why let CA keep them all?
Old 02-10-2018, 7:43 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb78 View Post
I don't really know, I guess it wouldn't, from that perspective. But wouldn't it be helpful to the New CA economy to have one under their control, and why let CA keep them all?
We'd retain San Diego and Humboldt.
They would expand if the market justifies it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 02-10-2018, 8:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Ummmm...Sacramento County would be a great place if ya'll didn't send your morons up here to work in the Legislature.....(if isolated from SF and LA, we can control our home-grown morons.)

And don't worry about the ports...Sacramento has deep water acces through SFBay, and we can trade fresh water for access to LA and SF ports.

Last edited by Dvrjon; 02-10-2018 at 8:28 PM..
Old 02-10-2018, 8:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Solano County should be in the new California if Co Co County is.
Old 03-20-2018, 8:35 PM

Just got picked up by Fox News... keep the momentum going!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...reak-away.html

Old 03-21-2018, 3:27 PM

UUGH Im moving !
Old 03-21-2018, 3:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbauer View Post
Just got picked up by Fox News... keep the momentum going!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...reak-away.html
Interesting in that the article presents old news, not "momentum", and then ends with an alternative suggestion to supplant the "secession" movements.
Quote:
Reynolds hopes there can be less dramatic solutions than secession, such as Congressional statutes (or in some cases executive orders) to ease the pressure. Reynolds thinks they have the Constitutional authority to remedy the situation, particularly under the Guarantee Clause, which states “The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government.”

Reynolds points to civil rights laws, passed to protect unfairly treated minorities, as a model for how Congress might take action. He notes “most federal laws...are written to leave states the power to make stricter regulations, but if it seems like the burden...is falling disproportionately on a minority in a state that has no real political power...then I think it’s fair for the federal government to step in and protect them.” To Reynolds, this could mean laws limiting how far states can go regarding “the environment, firearms, wages and...things that people in rural areas are unhappy about.”

This may seem like extreme intervention to some, but it’s a lot less extreme than secession.

As Reynolds puts it, “when you have people talking about wanting to split from their state, and form a new one, there’s obviously some significant unhappiness, and if we can do things that are relatively low cost...to remedy it, I think probably we should. At least we should think about it.”
Old 03-21-2018, 3:51 PM

I Question the inclusion of San Diego and imperial counties.

I live here and appreciate you all including us.

But they’re to Blue for the rest.

For obvious reasons.
Old 05-20-2018, 8:33 AM

Problem is we’ll get stuck with the bigger debt, and larger government - which kind of defeats the purpose of splitting the state.

I’m down for the Jefferson split if we change the name, and flag because it’s antiquated and doesn’t have the same ring to it as “Washington”.

IMO it should be split into North California, California, and South California. Businesses wouldn’t have to change their names and the youth may find it more appealing.
Old 05-20-2018, 8:45 AM
Git-R-Done
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyworm View Post
Look at the voting records. Alameda is deep in the do-do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassCase View Post
I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
iTrader

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858
Old 05-20-2018, 9:07 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrotuniformlima View Post
Why wouldn't Sacrament like this? No more pesky Republicans to get in the way.
If you haven't noticed they don't get in the way now. Dems have a majority and can do whatever they want.
Old 05-20-2018, 9:15 AM

Personally, I'd like Arizona to get a seaport by way of acquiring San Diego, Imperial, Orange, San Bernardino and Riverside counties. If not, become its own state.

From LA to SF, west of the coastal range, would be a state too. (State of Denial, Disinformation and Delusionment?)

Central Valley and up to the OR border would be another state. Yes, that would include Sacramento but with a totally new legislature.

For all new legislatures, for the first two years they would be full-time to delete the excessive regulations and the creation of a new constitution for each. Then the legislatures would be part-time. That would allow enough time for budget work and important legislation but no more legislative micromanagement like we have now.

No term limits per se but nobody would be allowed more than ten consecutive years of government employment (state, county, city, schools) without a five year break. That would force all government employees to understand how what the government does affects the private sector. A part-time legislature would be allowed up to 15 years of legislative service before being no longer eligible for employment in the legislative branch.
Old 05-20-2018, 9:35 AM

There won't be a split in our lifetimes and while it is nice to dream about it nobody is going to get a coordinated act together to make it happen. if you want to get rid of the leeches in today's california government eliminate all retirement benefits for elected politicians on any level. They only get what they earn while they are in office. They serve and then go back to whatever they were doing. If they were working at McDonald's before being elected they go back to that job when they are termed out or defeated. Make them subject to the same laws as the average citizen with no exceptions since their voting for personal exemptions for any reason would be a conflict of interest. You will do more to change this state with propositions like that than trying to form a new state and it is a lot cheaper. The movement for breaking up California is starting to make people listen and it is worrying some people so now is the time to strike and change the world in Sacramento. The discontent is becoming obvious so strike on several fronts including propositions and even continue the drive to split the state.

Last edited by big red; 05-20-2018 at 9:47 AM..
Old 05-20-2018, 9:44 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers View Post
Personally, I'd like Arizona to get a seaport by way of acquiring San Diego, Imperial, Orange, San Bernardino and Riverside counties. If not, become its own state.

From LA to SF, west of the coastal range, would be a state too. (State of Denial, Disinformation and Delusionment?)

Central Valley and up to the OR border would be another state. Yes, that would include Sacramento but with a totally new legislature.

For all new legislatures, for the first two years they would be full-time to delete the excessive regulations and the creation of a new constitution for each. Then the legislatures would be part-time. That would allow enough time for budget work and important legislation but no more legislative micromanagement like we have now.

No term limits per se but nobody would be allowed more than ten consecutive years of government employment (state, county, city, schools) without a five year break. That would force all government employees to understand how what the government does affects the private sector. A part-time legislature would be allowed up to 15 years of legislative service before being no longer eligible for employment in the legislative branch.
My thoughts exactly. Lots of Arizona residents either have second home or annual vacations in San Diego. I’d vote for County secession and annexation into Arizona.
Old 05-20-2018, 9:51 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers View Post

My thoughts exactly. Lots of Arizona residents either have second home or annual vacations in San Diego. I’d vote for County secession and annexation into Arizona.
Old 05-20-2018, 9:52 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I approve

“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

🇺🇸 ⚔️ 🦅

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms.
Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInTheP.R.O.Ca View Post
That map kind of resembles the Gaza strip in Israel. Will they be firing rockets into the free territories.

The Bay Area doesn’t believe in rockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2018, 8:24 AM
I need a LIFE!!

SD and Imperial counties get moved to AZ. They get a port, we get freedom and avoid the OC and IE madness.