Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-03-2020, 1:19 AM
DcellBattery DcellBattery is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Its soooo difficult to get ammo shipped to LA, as such, where can I buy ammo locally?

More specifically, where can I buy 9mm ammo thats not too far from North Hollywood?

Thats affordable?

and that is in a place that I can actually just go to and buy it? (as opposed to trying to get an appointment or wait for hours).

Any suggestions appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-03-2020, 2:13 AM
Steve G Steve G is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,827
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Looking to be spoon fed. Next time be more prepared.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-03-2020, 3:24 AM
edgerly779 edgerly779 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: canoga park, ca
Posts: 17,131
iTrader: 102 / 100%
Default

Try calguns marketplace. What are you looking for? Did you try lax ammo ?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-03-2020, 4:08 AM
KSH KSH is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 296
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Burbank ammo and guns

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-03-2020, 8:46 AM
n8vrmind's Avatar
n8vrmind n8vrmind is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 902
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Stand in line at LAX ammo or any of gun shops in Burbank. Also contact the politician you voted for during the last election for assistance.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-03-2020, 2:22 PM
KingChiron's Avatar
KingChiron KingChiron is offline
Captain of the Gun Boat
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Rampart
Posts: 669
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Not too far? Affordable?
Those answers get worse each passing year.
LAX ammo is the best recommendation you'll get in this post-apocalyptic Jerry Brown/Gavin Newsom gunmageddon life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8vrmind View Post
Stand in line at LAX ammo or any of gun shops in Burbank. Also contact the politician you voted for during the last election for assistance.


NoHo is under California's 39th State Assembly district. It is currently represented by Democrat Luz Rivas of North Hollywood. Best write her a letter saying how inaffordable and far-removed California 2A Rights are and plead for ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶m̶e̶r̶c̶y̶ a prayer. :lol:
__________________

*Disclaimer: I'm no lawyer. So don't take my advice as counsel.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." -Ronald Reagan

Last edited by KingChiron; 06-03-2020 at 3:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-03-2020, 11:02 PM
DcellBattery DcellBattery is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default prepared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G View Post
Looking to be spoon fed. Next time be more prepared.
I ordered my first gun. Its a cz75 9mm. Its paid for and at the gun store now (FFL). In a couple days, I have my appt to go andi do the paperwork and then wait ten days (at least).

I am trying to stay ahead of the curve and make sure I have ammo ready for when I can finally take it home.

Should I have bough a gun before? I guess... I'd wanted one for a while. I always supported 2A (but living in LA, and previous to that NYC) it always seemed too much of a hassle. But I did what I could, went to the range a few times to try out guns this year to see which I'd like, and I even joined the NRA about 3 years ago just because I liked their work in defense of our our Second Amendment.

but thats neither here nor there. Dealing with all the endless bull**** that CA puts in out path for the last couple weeks, I am now the owner of a gun (although the government is not allowing me to take possession, quite yet).

So hey... see what cal guns has to say they told me. Cool, I thought, I'll ask them where to get ammo (because I had tried online using ammoseek and after going to about 20 places that won't sell to our state, I came here to ask my question).

And you reply with some snarky bull****. Cool, thanks a lot, buddy. I'd probably tell you to **** off (but i won't because I'll probably go to some cal guns shoots or events one of these days, and who knows? maybe I'll meet you in real life and find out youre not a dick? - anything is possible).

All of which is to say, why are even on here if you're just gonna say nasty comments to new members and brand new gun owners? Is that something you think is helpful to the gun community?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-03-2020, 11:05 PM
DcellBattery DcellBattery is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgerly779 View Post
Try calguns marketplace. What are you looking for? Did you try lax ammo ?
OK, i am new to this site, will look on that section. Thanks!

I am looking for inexpensive 9mm (I am soon to take possession of a new gun and want to try to get my ammo now, in case its even harder to find later).

I just need practice ammo, for use with targets at the range, as I practice shooting with my new (first) gun.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-03-2020, 11:06 PM
DcellBattery DcellBattery is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSH View Post
Burbank ammo and guns

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks, I called over there, they were super nice, and said they would check and let me know tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-03-2020, 11:11 PM
DcellBattery DcellBattery is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8vrmind View Post
Stand in line at LAX ammo or any of gun shops in Burbank. Also contact the politician you voted for during the last election for assistance.
Thanks, I went to the LAX ammo website.
It says they have ammo, and the prices are great, but they are not shipping to Cali at the moment.

No prob, I can just go over there in person I thought, but on their website it says the ammo prices listed are just for online, and that in person they are a different price (which they didnt list).

So, then i called over there a bunch of times, just got voice male.

For now, I will see who I can get ammo from in Burbank (closest area to me, as i am in North Hollywood). I guess this is not the time to be choosy, or frugal. But it would be nice to find a local place to buy affordable ammo (hopefully I will find a good place in Burbank)

thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-03-2020, 11:13 PM
DcellBattery DcellBattery is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

[QUOTE=KingChiron;24353223]Not too far? Affordable?
Those answers get worse each passing year.
LAX ammo is the best recommendation you'll get in this post-apocalyptic Jerry Brown/Gavin Newsom gunmageddon life.


OK, thats what i was afraid of, but thanks for the shot of reality ...and the recommendations!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-03-2020, 11:20 PM
Wlee Wlee is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Hollywood, CA
Posts: 167
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Hey Dcell, Im over in North Hollywood as well so I know your pain of trying to find affordable ammo. I will say I highly recommend you look into getting a 03FFL(C&R) and your CA COE if you want to get ammo shipped to you and at free America prices. If you have those 2 documents then yoou can check out the dealers listed here: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1406001 who are willing to ship to California. Ive had mine for years and its saved me alot of hassle. Unfortunately though at this time with everything going on, waiting in line is going to be your best best at a local store.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-03-2020, 11:20 PM
2Stroke's Avatar
2Stroke 2Stroke is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Los Angeles County
Posts: 173
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Just go to LAX ammo in person. I added a new hunting caliber this year, and its easier to just drive there and buy a lifetime supply than dik around trying to get stuff shipped. Also supports the good people that support our community.

So check when they are open, go there, and buy AT LEAST 500 rounds, if not 3k.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-03-2020, 11:54 PM
DcellBattery DcellBattery is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlee View Post
Hey Dcell, Im over in North Hollywood as well so I know your pain of trying to find affordable ammo. I will say I highly recommend you look into getting a 03FFL(C&R) and your CA COE if you want to get ammo shipped to you and at free America prices. If you have those 2 documents then yoou can check out the dealers listed here: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1406001 who are willing to ship to California. Ive had mine for years and its saved me alot of hassle. Unfortunately though at this time with everything going on, waiting in line is going to be your best best at a local store.
Thank you! those are some great ideas.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-03-2020, 11:55 PM
DcellBattery DcellBattery is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Stroke View Post
Just go to LAX ammo in person. I added a new hunting caliber this year, and its easier to just drive there and buy a lifetime supply than dik around trying to get stuff shipped. Also supports the good people that support our community.

So check when they are open, go there, and buy AT LEAST 500 rounds, if not 3k.
great, will try this.

thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-04-2020, 12:02 AM
n8vrmind's Avatar
n8vrmind n8vrmind is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 902
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcellBattery View Post
Thanks, I went to the LAX ammo website.

It says they have ammo, and the prices are great, but they are not shipping to Cali at the moment.



No prob, I can just go over there in person I thought, but on their website it says the ammo prices listed are just for online, and that in person they are a different price (which they didnt list).



So, then i called over there a bunch of times, just got voice male.



For now, I will see who I can get ammo from in Burbank (closest area to me, as i am in North Hollywood). I guess this is not the time to be choosy, or frugal. But it would be nice to find a local place to buy affordable ammo (hopefully I will find a good place in Burbank)



thanks for the info!
Newbie gun owners in LA likely don't know LAX ammo had multiple websites. The one for walk in LA storefront is laxammola.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-04-2020, 9:20 PM
Ricky-Ray's Avatar
Ricky-Ray Ricky-Ray is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: West Covina, CA
Posts: 3,177
iTrader: 52 / 100%
Default

Try AmmoBros. They posted on FB a few day's ago they had lots of 9mm. Not sure what their current stock is.

Another one to try is On Target in Laguna Niguel they have been posting on FB that they have lot's of 9mm in 500rd cases. I saw that one yesterday or the day before.
__________________
Ray

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you." - Randy Paush, Carnegie Mellon University
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-04-2020, 9:24 PM
baranski's Avatar
baranski baranski is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: South Vista
Posts: 3,555
iTrader: 53 / 100%
Default

Call Dillon Precision
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-04-2020, 10:58 PM
Full Clip's Avatar
Full Clip Full Clip is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Playa Vista, CA
Posts: 10,327
iTrader: 47 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcellBattery View Post
I am looking for inexpensive 9mm...
You're about 5 years too late for that.
__________________
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-04-2020, 11:33 PM
Maximus28 Maximus28 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bay Area-North Bay
Posts: 524
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlee View Post
Hey Dcell, Im over in North Hollywood as well so I know your pain of trying to find affordable ammo. I will say I highly recommend you look into getting a 03FFL(C&R) and your CA COE if you want to get ammo shipped to you and at free America prices. If you have those 2 documents then yoou can check out the dealers listed here: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1406001 who are willing to ship to California. Ive had mine for years and its saved me alot of hassle. Unfortunately though at this time with everything going on, waiting in line is going to be your best best at a local store.
X2. FFL03 &COE is the way to go. I received my certification last year and was able to put it to use for a few months before COVID so I was still able to score some nice online deals shipped directly to my doorstep. My local FFLs we’re charging an arm and a leg to receive ammo. It is worth mentioning that the processing time for an FFL03 application will take at least 60-90 days to process. My COE certificate arrived within 24 hours after Livescan but my FFL03 took about 90 days to receive in the mail- so that’s really no help to you now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-07-2020, 1:28 PM
DcellBattery DcellBattery is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Thanks Maximus28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus28 View Post
X2. FFL03 &COE is the way to go. I received my certification last year and was able to put it to use for a few months before COVID so I was still able to score some nice online deals shipped directly to my doorstep. My local FFLs we’re charging an arm and a leg to receive ammo. It is worth mentioning that the processing time for an FFL03 application will take at least 60-90 days to process. My COE certificate arrived within 24 hours after Livescan but my FFL03 took about 90 days to receive in the mail- so that’s really no help to you now.
Due to the advice on here, I was able to find a local gun store in Burbank to buy enough 9mm to get myself started.

I will also check up on LAX ammo in the days ahead for bulk.

But I did also apply for both the COE and the FFF03, so (hopefully) within a few months I will be able to have ammo shipped right to me, We shall see.

Thanks again for sharing your opinion that COE and FFL03 is the way to go!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-08-2020, 8:04 AM
Squidboy's Avatar
Squidboy Squidboy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 22
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcellBattery View Post
More specifically, where can I buy 9mm ammo thats not too far from North Hollywood?

Thats affordable?

and that is in a place that I can actually just go to and buy it? (as opposed to trying to get an appointment or wait for hours).

Any suggestions appreciated.
People have given you some good suggestions for getting ammo. Another place you may want to consider going is Firing Line in Burbank. It's an indoor range in your area and they also sell ammo. Additionally, they rent guns for use at the range, so you could even go shoot while your waiting to take possession of your own pistol.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-10-2020, 4:04 PM
JC2020 JC2020 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 406
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I have been hunting around for 9mm range ammo for the past 2 weeks. Thanks to this forum, I was able to get a thousand rounds from LAX Ammo for a fairly high price instead of insanely high, like the $35!!! for 50 rounds of FMJ I was quoted at an LGS yesterday.

Even range ammo isn’t $35 for 50 rounds, right?!?

Last edited by JC2020; 06-10-2020 at 4:10 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-10-2020, 4:19 PM
9Cal_OC's Avatar
9Cal_OC 9Cal_OC is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: OC
Posts: 2,921
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2020 View Post
I have been hunting around for 9mm range ammo for the past 2 weeks. Thanks to this forum, I was able to get a thousand rounds from LAX Ammo for a fairly high price instead of insanely high, like the $35!!! for 50 rounds of FMJ I was quoted at an LGS yesterday.

Even range ammo isn’t $35 for 50 rounds, right?!?
Ouch.
__________________
Freedom isn't free...

NRA RSO and Pistol, Shotgun, PPITH, PPOTH Instructor
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-10-2020, 4:20 PM
vino68's Avatar
vino68 vino68 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,523
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

And research an 03FFL and COE if you shoot often and not have space or the time for reloading.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-10-2020, 7:54 PM
Endless's Avatar
Endless Endless is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alaska/Maine/Arizona
Posts: 2,285
iTrader: 71 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Clip View Post
You're about 5 years too late for that.
Actually not true. With your membership over at big daddy unlimited they have 9mm ammo for $20-29 for a box of 50 rounds. Several brands in those ranges. Got the emails today.

Trijicon RMR type 2 adjustable 3.25 moa at $400 shipped. I have seen these as low as $299 there. I check like 20 vendors all across America for everything daily with multiple discounts I get.
__________________

Glocks are trash.
Tesla automobiles are trash.
Any questions liberals? 😂


Last edited by Endless; 06-10-2020 at 7:57 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-10-2020, 8:08 PM
n8vrmind's Avatar
n8vrmind n8vrmind is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 902
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2020 View Post
I have been hunting around for 9mm range ammo for the past 2 weeks. Thanks to this forum, I was able to get a thousand rounds from LAX Ammo for a fairly high price instead of insanely high, like the $35!!! for 50 rounds of FMJ I was quoted at an LGS yesterday.

Even range ammo isn’t $35 for 50 rounds, right?!?
That is 3X "normal" price for a box of 50 target grade 9mm FMJ
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-10-2020, 8:33 PM
JC2020 JC2020 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 406
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8vrmind View Post
That is 3X "normal" price for a box of 50 target grade 9mm FMJ
I feel like the ammo was for new gun owners who have no idea how much ammo costs. He saw the look on my face when he quoted me. I thanked him and left.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-11-2020, 5:38 AM
n8vrmind's Avatar
n8vrmind n8vrmind is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 902
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2020 View Post
I feel like the ammo was for new gun owners who have no idea how much ammo costs. He saw the look on my face when he quoted me. I thanked him and left.
The only good thing about 2019 ammo ID check law was that it reminded gun owners to stockpile ammo when prices were "normal".
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-12-2020, 8:47 AM
Chetters's Avatar
Chetters Chetters is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 22
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2020 View Post
I feel like the ammo was for new gun owners who have no idea how much ammo costs. He saw the look on my face when he quoted me. I thanked him and left.
This exactly. Except when they saw the look on my face, they gave me a 40% discount which was still pretty high but not that crazy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200321_103202.jpg (78.3 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Chetters; 06-12-2020 at 8:57 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-12-2020, 9:22 AM
m35a2's Avatar
m35a2 m35a2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Posts: 530
iTrader: 36 / 100%
Default

Why didn't you do an ammo purchase at the time you did your firearm BG? even if they didn't have it in stock, it woulda/coulda been ordered and picked up with the gun.
__________________
Choices always were a problem for you, what you need is someone strong to guide you...like me!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-12-2020, 10:06 AM
vino68's Avatar
vino68 vino68 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,523
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Maybe OP is a DOJ undercover fishing for some under the table action!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-12-2020, 11:28 AM
JC2020 JC2020 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 406
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m35a2 View Post
Why didn't you do an ammo purchase at the time you did your firearm BG? even if they didn't have it in stock, it woulda/coulda been ordered and picked up with the gun.

I don’t know about BG, but my LGS was out when I picked up my gun. All of them are sold out or overpriced in my area of LA County, which is more near Pasadena. I had to go to LAX Ammo for 9mm that was less than $0.35 cpr.

Turner’s may have gotten more ammo, but they require appointments made in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-12-2020, 12:41 PM
The War Wagon's Avatar
The War Wagon The War Wagon is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: da' 'BURGH
Posts: 10,353
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgerly779 View Post
Try calguns marketplace. What are you looking for? Did you try lax ammo ?

All this. And maybe Armslist.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:54 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy

Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Military Boots 5.11 Tactical