Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Old 02-11-2024, 8:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Default New Pre Election Hysteria

"The fact there are "no common or obvious symptoms" for a deadly fungal infection sweeping the US is posing "challenges" for public health experts. C. auris is a type of yeast that can cause severe illness and is often resistant to antifungal treatments, meaning medications that are designed to kill the fungus and stop infections do not work."

The complicated thing is that people can have the infection on their skin or on their body and it doesn't cause an infection," C. auris expert, Dr. Meghan Lyman, an epidemiologist with CDC's Mycotic Diseases Branch, told IrishStar.com. "This is called colonization. There are many things on our skin that don't cause an infection."

Overabundance of caution will include laying a new sheet of plastic on tables every time a customer sits down, ringing a bell to let employees open the door so you don't touch the doorknobs, no cash accepted, etc.

Or outright shutdowns once again.
Old 02-11-2024, 9:11 AM

Will a mask or gloves made in China with a kickback to local politicians be the cure?
Old 02-11-2024, 9:43 AM
Git-R-Done
CGN Contributor

Quote:
deadly fungal infection sweeping the US
WTF does CDC stand for, Communist Deception Cabal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassCase View Post
I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
iTrader

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858
Old 02-11-2024, 9:50 AM
Veteran Member

The fungus is among us!
Old 02-11-2024, 10:02 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M76 View Post
WTF does CDC stand for, Communist Deception Cabal?

Exactly right.

Mass illegal aliens from all over the world, combined with accepted drug addicted bums living and chitting in the streets - are the biggest culprits for diseases and health issues.

Brandon and his band of loons won't address that. and neither do the leftist kooks in local leadership.

FJB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 02-11-2024, 10:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Whatever. Not listening to these idiots again, ever.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:51 AM
Calguns Addict

The recent story of a man spitting up blood and dying on a plane seemed to be mainstream mass media pushed and overhyped in my opinion.

Think about how many planes fly everyday and every month. You know some people are going to be ill or possibly even die while flying. Some of those people will be spitting up blood or other bodily fluids escaping because that sometimes happens when humans are dying.

And the way that new story was broadcasted in all the mainstream media outlets, like it had Never happened before "so we better be ready for this blood spitting and instant death sickness that is obviously coming to your neighborhood because it just happened once on a plane" implied story narratives that were being pushed.

I would estimate that just 5 years ago you would need multiple people spitting blood and dying on multiple planes all over the world for it to break as a top story for all the mainstream media outlets around the world.

Yes, of course fear sells, but sometimes it's also being pushed during election cycles and other times.
Old 02-11-2024, 1:31 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderThanDirt View Post
Whatever. Not listening to these idiots again, ever.
^^^ science denier alert!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 02-12-2024, 7:39 AM
Veteran Member

Like wise for me, take your scarry heads up the wazoo news stories and go away !

Psalm 1
Old 02-12-2024, 8:45 AM
Veteran Member

Republicans have been exactly the same on border crap. Treasonous POS's. They dont have the balls or more likely just wanting to pad their accounts /pensions/board appointments/stock options/grift fundraising...instead of shutting down gov until then border is secured again.

Disgusting

3 now 2x SKS Trench Art - M44 for sale
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...8#post28101198
Old 02-14-2024, 3:27 AM
Calguns Addict

Forget a fungus. Forget monkey pox. Forget ebola. COVID is 'old news.' The media now has "it" to be hysterical about... What to know about Alaskapox after officials report first known fatal case

Quote:
Health officials in Alaska have identified the first known death linked to a recently discovered virus called Alaskapox.

Since its discovery in 2015, seven Alaskapox infections have been reported, according to the state Department of Health. The most recent case was identified in an elderly man who died last month...

The man had a weakened immune system because of cancer treatment, which probably contributed to the severity of his illness, officials noted.

Experts say that the illness is often mild and that infections remain rare in humans, as the virus is primarily found in small mammal populations throughout Alaska...

McLaughlin notes that Alaskapox is an "old world" virus, typically found in Africa, Asia and Europe...

"What has changed is clinician awareness and the general public's awareness that Alaskapox virus is something that's a possibility," McLaughlin said. "It's possible that cases occurred prior to 2015 and were just subclinical or mildly clinical and just were not diagnosed."...

The first case of Alaskapox was discovered in July 2015 in a woman living near Fairbanks in central Alaska, according to the state health department. Since then, five additional cases have been reported in the Fairbanks area.

The most recent case - which resulted in the first known death from Alaskapox - is also the first discovered outside of Fairbanks. It was reported about 500 miles south on the Kenai Peninsula, officials say.

This indicates that Alaskapox is more geographically widespread than previously thought...

None of the seven people diagnosed with Alaskapox had recently traveled outside the state or the country, and no cases have been identified outside of Alaska, experts say...

"There's no need for people outside of Alaska to be concerned," McLaughlin said. "Those within Alaska should just be aware that it is an infection that they can acquire."
Clearly they will have a (cough, sputter) 'vaccine' soon, with bi-weekly boosters.

I suppose, in a 'charitable' mood, I might write this off to PTSD on the media's part. But, given the press coverage, one does wonder if it's more about clicks, the election, or any number of other things, including trying to distract us from other things.
Old 02-14-2024, 5:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerB View Post
Republicans have been exactly the same on border crap. Treasonous POS's. They dont have the balls or more likely just wanting to pad their accounts /pensions/board appointments/stock options/grift fundraising...instead of shutting down gov until then border is secured again.

Disgusting
True. They had a chance to close the border back when Trump first entered the WH, it could have been done on Day1. But no... Republicans hate Trump right there with all the Dems.
Old 02-14-2024, 10:24 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
^^^ science denier alert!!!
Damn right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinCalifornia View Post
Forget a fungus. Forget monkey pox. Forget ebola. COVID is 'old news.' The media now has "it" to be hysterical about... What to know about Alaskapox after officials report first known fatal case

Clearly they will have a (cough, sputter) 'vaccine' soon, with bi-weekly boosters.

I suppose, in a 'charitable' mood, I might write this off to PTSD on the media's part. But, given the press coverage, one does wonder if it's more about clicks, the election, or any number of other things, including trying to distract us from other things.
If you read about the guy that died, he was old, had been undergoing cancer treatment and had basically no immune system, sort of like people that got the covid vax and boosters.

The only notable issue about this case is that Alaska pox is usually isolated in the Fairbanks area and the old dude lived down in Kenai.
Old 02-14-2024, 12:42 PM
TheAyatollahofRocknRolla!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinCalifornia View Post

I heard about that.

(1) person has died.

I say shut it down.
"Let criminals out. Let illegals in. Let boys in the girls bathrooms. Condemn police officers. Abort babies. Pervert the children. Condemn Christians. Accept barbarity in the name of Islam. Overtax the hard working people. Coddle the lazy. That's the liberal way." -from a posting on "Yahoo"
Old 02-14-2024, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member

Whatever happened to monkeypox? It was big for 3 days and then it disappeared. Was it because it mostly affected homos and pedos?
Old 02-16-2024, 3:28 PM
TheAyatollahofRocknRolla!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfan91 View Post
Whatever happened to monkeypox? It was big for 3 days and then it disappeared. Was it because it mostly affected homos and pedos?
What do you mean "mostly"?

They just keep throwing turds at the wall to see what sticks.
"Let criminals out. Let illegals in. Let boys in the girls bathrooms. Condemn police officers. Abort babies. Pervert the children. Condemn Christians. Accept barbarity in the name of Islam. Overtax the hard working people. Coddle the lazy. That's the liberal way." -from a posting on "Yahoo"
Old 02-16-2024, 6:39 PM

sell Alaska back to the Russians

"No need to weave fairy tales or parrot the ones you read"

- stonefly-2