Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 09-09-2019, 7:25 AM
Veteran Member

Default NNPC Handgun and 3-gun match Saturday

This coming Saturday, 9-14-19, the No Name Pistol Club will hold its fun action pistol and 3-gun match at Burro Canyon, It starts at 9 AM at Range 1C, to the right as you enter the range, across the road from the office. Check in with us, not the office. Cost is $35 for range rental, targets, etc. Score is kept, usually time plus penalties, for fun and you can keep your score sheets if you like. They help to chart progress, particularly if you shoot with us more than once.

Usually 2 to 3 handgun stages followed by a 3-gun stage. I bring 150 rounds of handgun ammo to be safe (you may not need that much) and a box each for rifle and shotgun. If you do not have a suitable rifle or shotgun, bring .223 and/or 12 GA birdshot and you can use one of ours. Buckshot tears up our knockdown targets so we require birdshot.

Beginners are always welcome, and this match helps them decide if they want to continue with competition, gain experience with us and then proceed or just keep coming out for fun - drawing from holster, rapid fire, some movement, hostage targets, shooting from cover, etc.
First time shooters often start from the low ready position, rather than from the holster, so you can participate even in you do not have a holster.

Kids are also welcome so long as they are old enough to handle firearms responsibly.
Old 09-12-2019, 9:39 AM
Veteran Member

The match is this Saturday...next month (Oct 12) is our annual OK Corral match, where cowboy guns are encouraged but not required. You can always shoot what you have.
Old 09-13-2019, 8:04 AM
Veteran Member

Tomorrow - come on out, have fun, meet like-minded people.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:07 AM

I was too late for this one but watching folks shoot cowboy action stuff sounds fun. I’ll try and make it out next month if y’all don’t mind a newbie with an M9 and no holster
Old 09-15-2019, 11:36 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkslider View Post
I was too late for this one but watching folks shoot cowboy action stuff sounds fun. I’ll try and make it out next month if y’all don’t mind a newbie with an M9 and no holster
No problem at all. You can shoot the pistol stages with your M9 if you like. Start from the low ready or I have a generic Uncle Mike's holster you can use. Extra mags can go in a shirt or back pants pocket. MIight as well shoot and not just watch!

Or bring some .45 Colt and 12 GA ammo and shoot my Ruger and Rossi, both in .45 Colt. You can also shoot my Norinco M97 shotgun.

9 AM Oct. 12 at Burro Canyon, Rental/private range 1C
Old 09-18-2019, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calif Hunter View Post

9 AM Oct. 12 at Burro Canyon, Rental/private range 1C
Huh that’s the Golden Days parade, my nephew is marching in that. Can’t participate that day, maybe I’ll just come watch how y’all do it. That or go next month, I’d really like to give competing a try.