Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2009, 1:39 PM

Great meeting everyone today! The show was great. Got my 500 .223's and a Sham-WOW! Looking forward to future calguns social events.
Old 05-03-2009, 1:52 PM

'twas great meeting the gang yesterday! too bad it took so long to get in and buy ammo from miwall, would have liked to hang out longer. looked more like a club with an open-bar than an ammo booth.
Old 05-03-2009, 3:03 PM

Some Booth Pics from Saturday morning.

B&B

Hey You! 2A supporter. I see you.

Right there! Can't you see the chrome lined....

Last edited by Vectrexer; 05-03-2009 at 3:05 PM..
Old 05-03-2009, 5:24 PM

Hey, was I a little to early dropping by to say hello? I did'nt see those ball caps and stickers, just shirts that are way too big for me!?
Old 05-03-2009, 6:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Vectrexer, thanks for pictures.

The booth setup was beatiful and I thank Brandon, Lindsay, & others for the work in design & setup. And thanks to Vick for all the "Calgunswear".

Met a lot of great folks. We're gettin' the word out.

Apologies that I look like a balooning BestBuy clerk, Liz washed the shirt on "Hot" I think.

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member

No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 05-03-2009, 7:43 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Amazing day!

Thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Wildhawker for an amazing setup. The booth was uber-professional.

We recieved a bunch of trafffic. Lots of questions and lots of support.

We had a bunch of CalGunners who seemed a little reticent to say hi. Next time, c'mon up and let your freak flag fly. Meet the folks you talk to every day!

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 05-03-2009, 7:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

More pictures and information to follow, but I wanted to take a moment to sincerely thank the following Calgunners for their hard work and time volunteering at the booth:

DDT, Bwiese, DocSkinner, B Strong, Jaiofspam, nagorb, Ivanimal, Rumble Phish, Hoffmang, jdBerger, sytfu RR, Mrs.Wildhawker

These folks did a FANTASTIC job, and I hope to see many, many more of you follow in their footsteps and throw your hat into the ring.

Also, we would not be here today without the tremendous efforts, creativity and generosity of Can'thavenuthingood, Eric Mayer and Fast Finger- these guys do so very much to make these events possible and professional.

This team was able to reach out to volumes of Californians (and a few out-of-state gunnies) who had never heard of Calguns before, and raised over $1,500 for the Foundation this weekend alone. In the 3 events since mid-February, these events have raised $3,991- this community is nothing short of amazing.

Again, I hope to post some additional information and pictures soon, but we're fairly well wiped out. Thanks again for all of your support.

Best,

Brandon Combs

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 05-03-2009, 7:56 PM
Veteran Member

You left yourself out!

A big thanks to wildhawker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
More pictures and information to follow, but I wanted to take a moment to sincerely thank the following Calgunners for their hard work and time volunteering at the booth:

DDT, Bwiese, DocSkinner, B Strong, Jaiofspam, nagorb, Ivanimal, Rumble Phish, Hoffmang, jdBerger, sytfu RR, Mrs.Wildhawker

These folks did a FANTASTIC job, and I hope to see many, many more of you follow in their footsteps and throw your hat into the ring.

Also, we would not be here today without the tremendous efforts, creativity and generosity of Can'thavenuthingood, Eric Mayer and Fast Finger- these guys do so very much to make these events possible and professional.

This team was able to reach out to volumes of Californians (and a few out-of-state gunnies) who had never heard of Calguns before, and raised over $1,500 for the Foundation this weekend alone. In the 3 events since mid-February, these events have raised $3,991- this community is nothing short of amazing.

Again, I hope to post some additional information and pictures soon, but we're fairly well wiped out. Thanks again for all of your support.

Best,

Brandon Combs
Old 05-03-2009, 9:50 PM
CGN Contributor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post

Best,

Brandon Combs
Great Job everyone did, I would like to say it was a pleasure to meet everyone today, and I look forward to being able to help our foundation out. Great job Mr & Mrs Wildhawker We got a great group & Good Mix of People.

PS. Did anyone catch the website of the booth across from us, with all the gear?
Old 05-03-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
You left yourself out!

A big thanks to wildhawker!
+1!!

NRA Life, CRPA Life, SASS Life, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor & Range Safety Officer, FSC Instructor
Old 05-04-2009, 6:31 AM
In Memoriam
CGN Contributor

I'll help on Saturday (Sunday is a lot less convinient for me, but if it is necessary I could try it too)
Old 05-05-2009, 6:45 AM
DDT

Thanks Brandon. I was the early shift on Saturday and if you hadn't stopped by I would have been way out in the weeds.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:39 AM

Thanks for all the good work. I was at the gun show but didn't get to stop by and say hi. (I must apologize. I did walk by several times but was looking for toys to buy.)
Old 05-05-2009, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1 View Post
Had to go around 2x before spotting the booth. 'twas a pleasure meeting you Mr. Bwiese, and the gang. By the way I saw a mean big black bike at the parking lot with a Calgun sticker at the back seat, nice bike! could'nt come closer to admire it more, is it a Harley?
If it was the one on Saturday morning till around noon,,, that was mine.
Old 05-05-2009, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
Vectrexer, thanks for pictures.
You're welcome as always Bill. If you want the originals just PM me.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:27 AM
CGN Contributor

I can probably help on Sunday. I was of some assistance at the Cow Palace show. I already got my CG shirt, so I'm GTG in that department. I assume its the same setup? Entry Paid for and I just pay for parking? Like the Cow Palace show. Shoot me a pm with details thanks!

Last edited by sytfu_RR; 05-08-2009 at 12:30 AM..
Old 05-08-2009, 12:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu_RR View Post
I can probably help on Sunday. I was of some assistance at the Cow Palace show. I already got my CG shirt, so I'm GTG in that department. I assume its the same setup? Entry Paid for and I just pay for parking? Like the Cow Palace show. Shoot me a pm with details thanks!
Absolutely you can help- you did a great job and would make a positive addition to this show as well. All the particulars are the same.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:34 PM
CGN Contributor

well put me down for Sunday as of now, I'll let you know if anything comes up.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:11 PM

If PRK doesn't need my help, I will be there for one day.

Yoda
Old 05-12-2009, 4:54 PM

I don't know what my work schedule will look like that far in advance, but I would like to help.
Old 05-16-2009, 1:31 PM

Fresno here, new to Calguns, I could help on Saturday.
Old 05-21-2009, 7:41 AM
Veteran Member

0800?

I better get some sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

"America is not at war. The Marine Corps is at war; America is at the mall."
Quote:
Originally Posted by berto View Post
You're right. There's no possible way that CGN members marching alongside the Pink Pistols in the SF Pride Parade can do anything to dispel the stereotype that gun owners are conservative bigots clinging to their guns and bibles. Not a single person in the crowd is rational or reachable because the parade's for gay folks and it's in SF.
Old 05-22-2009, 1:35 AM
Calguns Addict

I can probably work both days.
These posts are Fiction. They do not contain legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer. Any resemblance to real persons are pure coincidence. These posts may pose an inhalation hazard, reading can be harmful or fatal. No statements made on this forum are meant to represent any corporate or business entity, others, or myself. Especially not myself.

Stop duping answers, help expand the FAQ.

Why yes, that is me in my avatar and yes, I AM wearing a life jacket.

WTS Keltec P11
Old 05-22-2009, 11:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DedEye View Post
I can probably work both days.
You are in, sir.

Old 05-25-2009, 8:27 AM

Put me on the "will try to help if work schedule allows" list.

Tom
NRA Endowment Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
Ruger Armorer
Remington Armorer
Sig Armorer
Firearms Instructor
Old 05-25-2009, 8:31 AM

From Fresno here. I am down to help out some on saturday, maybe even sunday. I'll talk to another junior member "yock" and see if he wants to help as well. Do you have links to what we will be peddling...uh, i mean selling? lol...
Old 05-27-2009, 6:53 PM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Flagstaff, Arizona up the hill at 7,000ft. originally from Minnesota, this ain't snow, its flurries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmaay_72 View Post
From Fresno here. I am down to help out some on saturday, maybe even sunday. I'll talk to another junior member "yock" and see if he wants to help as well. Do you have links to what we will be peddling...uh, i mean selling? lol...
The purpose of these booths and Volunteers is to talk with folks about Calguns.net and guns, your guns or their guns. Tell them about the politicians current attempts to pass more anti gun laws.
Tell them about the Calguns Foundation and how they are working with other gun orgs and alone to bring down these gun laws.
Tell them how they help defend individual gun owners win court cases.

You are not there to peddle anything but the gospel of Calguns.net.

We have some T-shirts, usually 5 of several sizes and about 5 hats of different colors if someone wants to purchase.

We have the little Constitution and Declaration of Independence booklets to give out free to those who'd like one.

We have some Calguns stickers.

ALL the money raised over the cost of the goods goes to the Foundation.

That means all the money over the cost of any one item goes to the Foundation.

No peddling, no barking, no come on's. You just speak with people and tell them what Calguns means to you.

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Picnic Time
Old 05-28-2009, 9:43 PM
Veteran Member

Do we need to buy polos? Or will a lanyard with Calguns work?

Quote:
You're right. There's no possible way that CGN members marching alongside the Pink Pistols in the SF Pride Parade can do anything to dispel the stereotype that gun owners are conservative bigots clinging to their guns and bibles. Not a single person in the crowd is rational or reachable because the parade's for gay folks and it's in SF.
Old 06-01-2009, 6:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: Northern Mexico(San Jose) Where illegals have rights and citizens get screwed

OK everyone, I just got home. I have very long days sometimes, I need to hook up with wildhawker to get everything finalized(shirts, booth funds, shifts,etc) but we still have 3 weeks. Arteel has let me know about his schedule. I'll get in touch with everyone as soon as I can get all of the details pounded out.

Mike
The others, well......they just never learn.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
Patrick Henry.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:01 PM

put me down as a maybe if i don't work...just ask me closer to the date
Old 06-02-2009, 8:07 PM

if help is still needed let me see what i can do my brothers b-day is that weekend and i have to find out if there is plans first.
Old 06-03-2009, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmaay_72 View Post
I'm the guy he was talking about I can but I don't know how big of a help I will be since I am so new to the whole thing as far as laws & stuff.

I'm a
mechannik
mecinic
mekinich

I FIX PLANES!
Old 06-03-2009, 6:55 PM
Calguns Addict

If you need help on Saturday still let me know I am available
Old 06-04-2009, 2:22 PM

Brandon, do we have a coordinator for this event yet? I'm definitely in to help out again. I'd like to help coordinate this if I can work it around my work schedule.

Drop me a PM or give me a call.
Old 06-04-2009, 2:31 PM

Do you still need help for this show? I can make it out there for one day possibly...
Old 06-05-2009, 10:06 AM

I can be out there both days if needed
Old 06-07-2009, 4:39 PM

Was really hoping that there would be a Calguns booth at this one since I'll hopefully be bringing my boss to the show. Looking forward to stopping by the booth and meeting some of you. ^_^
"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right'. Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work." Clarissa in The Probability Broach by L. Neil Smith.
Old 06-07-2009, 6:19 PM
Veteran Member

What is the plan guys? Have not heard anything about what we are doing, how we are meeting, etc.

Quote:
Old 06-07-2009, 7:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: Northern Mexico(San Jose) Where illegals have rights and citizens get screwed

OK, I just got ahold of wildhawker. I'll gonna go over a few things and PM's will go out tonight. Thanks to everybody for your patience.

Mike
The others, well......they just never learn.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
Patrick Henry.
Old 06-09-2009, 1:14 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Updated pending final confirmation.