Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 03-25-2019, 7:52 PM

Yup
Old 03-25-2019, 8:00 PM

Have you received your call to pick up yet or still waiting?
Old 03-25-2019, 8:26 PM

I was in the march 16th class. I’m still waiting. Interview on Jan 11. Live scan at the end of Jan.
Old 03-25-2019, 9:18 PM

Called to get appointment for renewal since it will expire in June and was told to wait until April because Riverside was going to implement its online application system and to do it then. Anyone else been told the same? Also said that CCW unit was moving back to Ben Clark’s.
Old 03-26-2019, 6:44 AM
Veteran Member

Quick question on the Riverside application...
http://www.riversidesheriff.org/pdf/...O-CCW-2018.pdf
Can we type in our responses on that section in order to save time or does this need to be done by the Sheriff interviewer?

shuttlecock
Old 03-26-2019, 6:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_land View Post
Can we type in our responses on that section in order to save time or does this need to be done by the Sheriff interviewer?
When I did mine the interviewer (Feliciano) said to fill out everything, including the parts that said "to be completed by Sheriff’s interviewer".
Old 03-26-2019, 7:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarosa View Post
When I did mine the interviewer (Feliciano) said to fill out everything, including the parts that said "to be completed by Sheriff’s interviewer".
Yah I was told to do it all at the interview before, but they seem nice about it.
Old 03-26-2019, 7:32 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_land View Post
You linked the instruction site. Page 7 provides:
Quote:
There are three steps to complete this process:
-Print and fill out the California Department of Justice application (BOF 4012)
-Sign where necessary (department members must also get signed approvals from supervisors)
-Contact the CCW Unit at CCW@Riversidesheriff.org, or (951) 486-2944 to arrange an interview appointment

3. Documents:
Type or print in black ink only. If the application is not legible, it will be returned.
• Riverside County Sheriff Interview Questions (this is voluntary by the applicant)
• DOJ Standard Application (be sure to complete Section 7 – Investigator’s Interview Notes section before you arrive for your interview).
• Sign all areas marked Applicant.

Do not sign areas marked Witness.
These are excerpts; there is other important information on that site including a checklist.

Best.
Old 03-26-2019, 9:50 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks y'all!!!!

shuttlecock
Old 03-26-2019, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
You linked the instruction site. Page 7 provides:
These are excerpts; there is other important information on that site including a checklist.

Best.
Thank you everyone!!!
Trying to get in contact to set the appointment. Got everything in order except for the cashiers/money order checks. We'll see how this goes

shuttlecock
Old 03-26-2019, 2:52 PM

Still waiting here too, expecting (hoping for?) a call before the end of this week though, let's keep each other updated.
Old 03-26-2019, 6:19 PM

I took the class at BCTC on 02 Mar and am still waiting to pick up my permit. I emailed the investigator last week and I was told that the administration is short handed and that it shouldn't be much longer.
Old 03-26-2019, 7:59 PM

Agreed Costello. I’ll post when I get the call. If we all just posted basic info like Interview date, LiveScan date, Qualifying date and pick up date it will help the newcomers get an idea of timelines. Hopefully that would help alleviate the need for the ever popular weekly post “How long does the process take?”.
Old 03-27-2019, 6:24 AM

Unnessecary calls to check on your status bogs down the system.. Emails are proabably better.. give it some time.. i would say 1-4 weeks after BCTC/LIVE SCAN is fair.. this used to take years or months.. Now it's weeks.
Old 03-27-2019, 7:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Took class on March 16th. When I left Scott told me there may be a delay because they are moving back to Ben Clark. I will keep you guys posted when I get a call.
Old 03-27-2019, 8:43 AM
Veteran Member

Waiting for callback to schedule my renewal... Can anyone comment on if renewal process has changed since Bianco was elected?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2019, 9:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg86 View Post
Waiting for callback to schedule my renewal... Can anyone comment on if renewal process has changed since Bianco was elected?

Just went in yesterday. Handed over the required docs to Investigator Vazquez, turned in my checks and took a picture. Now just need to qualify again. Nothing changed as far as I know. But then again, not sure anything would change besides GC.
Old 03-27-2019, 9:25 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indobos72 View Post
Just went in yesterday. Handed over the required docs to Investigator Vazquez, turned in my checks and took a picture. Now just need to qualify again. Nothing changed as far as I know. But then again, not sure anything would change besides GC.
Has GC relaxed at all? I plan on recycling my GC but would like to separate from my business GC if possible.

Old 03-27-2019, 9:59 AM

Sorry, wish I would have asked. I recycled my GC as it pertains to my business, but not a 'Business' permit. If that makes any sense. Was so wrapped up in trying to get my stuff in since I expire next month. Hopefully someone else had a chance to ask or get an update. I will likely ask the question during my Qual at Ben Clark in a couple weeks. If no one responds by then, I will try to update the thread.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:32 AM

I was in the March 16th class at Ben Clark also. I still haven't heard anything.
My timeline-
12/2/2018- Called to schedule interview
12/5/2018- Received call back and email with interview date
2/11/2019- Interview
2/13/2019- Live Scan in Temecula
3/16/2019- Ben Clark qualification
Now waiting on call or email to receive permit
Old 03-28-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comandante costello View Post
Has anyone heard anything regarding an official stance on putting a gun with an RMR on your permit? I'm sure you can't qualify with it but ok to carry?
I was in the March 16th class at Ben Clark and spoke with one of the guys (I believe there were 2) that had an RMR on their gun. He told me it was the off-roster Glock 34 MOS version. He had it approved and also qualified with the red dot attached. I'm guessing it's better to have the MOS version since it comes stock ready to mount a red dot with no slide milling.
I wish I would have known this or I would have brought mine also. On the application it says "No laser sights or scopes of any kind permitted".
Old 03-28-2019, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimvh2 View Post
Yes, as long they are in your name and the caliber matches (no SSE).
Your name OR a spouse's name. I don't think anything on my permit is in my name.
Old 03-28-2019, 7:47 PM

Quote:

Renewal requals changed a little bit last year at Ben Clark. You report directly to the range instead of the trailer classroom. You have 45 minutes to an hour of instruction, money collection, paperwork (filling out the form for whatever gun/s you'll be using) and then head out to requal. You're done well before lunch so the new quals can get their range time. I expired this week, but moved my requal interview/range time way up to early December so I could shoot the **** with Yezzo one more time. Emailed the generic addy 2 weeks ago asking about picking up the new permit and received a reply an hour later. I was told I could come in on my expiration day or they could mail it. I opted to come in and it was a two minute process. I barely had time to sit down before someone brought my new card out and said have a great day.
Old 03-28-2019, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEgunguy View Post
I was in the March 16th class at Ben Clark and spoke with one of the guys (I believe there were 2) that had an RMR on their gun. He told me it was the off-roster Glock 34 MOS version. He had it approved and also qualified with the red dot attached. I'm guessing it's better to have the MOS version since it comes stock ready to mount a red dot with no slide milling.
I wish I would have known this or I would have brought mine also. On the application it says "No laser sights or scopes of any kind permitted".
Huh, that was my qual day too, didn't notice the guys with RMRs, of course I was focused on my own qualifying even though it did turn out to be a breeze. You are referring to us civilians right, not Deputies that had RMRs on their guns?

Good to know, haven't even got my permit yet but already want to amend some guns on there lol.
Old 03-29-2019, 9:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comandante costello View Post
Huh, that was my qual day too, didn't notice the guys with RMRs, of course I was focused on my own qualifying even though it did turn out to be a breeze. You are referring to us civilians right, not Deputies that had RMRs on their guns?

Good to know, haven't even got my permit yet but already want to amend some guns on there lol.
Yeah I stood next to him for 4 out of the 5 guns I qualified with. He told me that he was a firefighter so definitely not law enforcement. I dared him to make all head shots and he did it haha. Amazing how much those things improve your accuracy.

Also wanted to mention- I saw comments before from people worried about undercuts/stippling. I was worried myself after I read those. I don’t have any stippling but had the double undercut done professionally on the trigger guard of my new Glock 19 and I breezed through inspection without a word said.
Old 03-29-2019, 1:10 PM
Veteran Member

Got a call back to set up my appointment today. Was told to wait until next Monday since they are looking to roll out a new online registration program. Definitely saves a trip to Riverside and gathering cashier's checks. We'll see how this process goes.

shuttlecock
Old 03-29-2019, 3:06 PM

That’s cool, wonder how it will work.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:20 PM

When did you Qual for your renewal? I did my renewal Qual Feb 4th and still haven't heard back. My permit expires next month and I'm trying not to worry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDUG View Post
Renewal requals changed a little bit last year at Ben Clark. You report directly to the range instead of the trailer classroom. You have 45 minutes to an hour of instruction, money collection, paperwork (filling out the form for whatever gun/s you'll be using) and then head out to requal. You're done well before lunch so the new quals can get their range time. I expired this week, but moved my requal interview/range time way up to early December so I could shoot the **** with Yezzo one more time. Emailed the generic addy 2 weeks ago asking about picking up the new permit and received a reply an hour later. I was told I could come in on my expiration day or they could mail it. I opted to come in and it was a two minute process. I barely had time to sit down before someone brought my new card out and said have a great day.

USN 2000-2004
USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72) WestPac 2002
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
Old 03-30-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvelas2A View Post
When did you Qual for your renewal? I did my renewal Qual Feb 4th and still haven't heard back. My permit expires next month and I'm trying not to worry.
Early December, just as I stated in my post. You can't pick up until the day you expire at the earliest. Or they will mail it. I only contacted them because my guy retired and I wanted to establish a new POC. Shoot them an email and check to see if you are good to pick up on your expiration date or let them know to drop it in the mail.
Old 04-01-2019, 5:18 AM

For those of you asking questions about the types of guns and holster you can have at qualifying... pretty much anything, if you can possess it in California legally and it’s within the caliber range permitted for CCW then you can qualify with it.

I’ve got a Glock 22 that I’ve completely tricked out. Stippling, custom milled slide, flat trigger, RMR, Supressor sights, undercut trigger guard, Cerakote, etc. Everything I present it for inspection at my Reqauls I get nothing but compliments from the range masters. Now obviously this isn’t my EDC weapon but I do have it on my permit and they do let you qualify with the RMR optic.

As for my other 2 guns on my permit, both are stippled, and one has a milled slide. So as you can tell those modifications do not affect you being able to qualify with the weapon. Only thing I would think to be an issue would be an aftermarket barrel.

Holsters, no you don’t need a thumb strap. No you don’t need any sort of locking mechanism. A standard kydex holster is all I use for all
My guns. But you can use whatever you want. I’ve seen guys there with thigh rigs on more than one occasion. Inside waistband holsters and outside waistband holsters are all acceptable for qualifying.

If you guys have any other questions about the qualifying process feel free to ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2019, 7:03 AM

Very helpful post for the guys just starting out Nathan. I've had some questions myself but now that I've done it I would like to reiterate that as long as your gun reasonably fits in your holster you should be good. I would say pocket holsters in your pocket would probably be a no go. And since you do have to reholster (empty) something that collapses on itself after you draw isn't ideal. You definitely don't have to be like me and go out and buy a bunch of OWB retention holsters for all of your guns like I did.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:32 PM

Anyone get their permits lately?
I'm asking cause I did my interview in early January, livescan at the end of January, BC on Feb 16th and still haven't heard anything. Sent an email last week and haven't had a response. I know they're busy so I don't want to be a pest.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:36 PM

I believe they were moving there office maybe someone else may know for sure.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:53 PM

I did interview in March and finished qualifying on the 30th of March but haven’t heard anything yet.
Old 04-01-2019, 2:10 PM

Question about the passport photos. got mine done last week and didn't think of it at the time but are these used for the RSO file on you or is one of the photos used in your CCW card? i only ask because the photo is 2"x2" and was wondering if I was supposed to get a certain size.
thanks for any info that can help.
Old 04-01-2019, 2:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eross24 View Post
Question about the passport photos. got mine done last week and didn't think of it at the time but are these used for the RSO file on you or is one of the photos used in your CCW card? i only ask because the photo is 2"x2" and was wondering if I was supposed to get a certain size.
thanks for any info that can help.
2x2 is fine

Old 04-01-2019, 2:34 PM

Quote:
2x2 is fine

thank you!
Old 04-02-2019, 8:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersofthenight View Post
Anyone get their permits lately?
I'm asking cause I did my interview in early January, livescan at the end of January, BC on Feb 16th and still haven't heard anything. Sent an email last week and haven't had a response. I know they're busy so I don't want to be a pest.
I was able to get in contact with someone, and was told after everything is done is should take about almost a month to hear back about approval or pick up.
Old 04-02-2019, 8:46 AM

With all this craziness over the judge ruling it’s unconstitutional for us to have a 10 round magazine cap, has anyone asked the deputies about carrying a “high capacity” mag with the guns on our permits? I am still hesitant on even ordering anything yet but if it does end up being legit, I plan on adding a glock 19 to my permit and wanna run a regular magazine if I can.
Old 04-02-2019, 9:05 AM

can confirm i got a call from RSO about my interview for next week has been moved to Ben Clark Training Center.