Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 05-22-2020, 10:02 AM

re: above

And, received a call today ~10AM for CC info
Old 05-22-2020, 5:26 PM

yep, I was in that same batch. I posted 48 hours too early. :-)
Old 05-23-2020, 5:47 AM

Yep I got the same email and got a call to pay by phone yesterday.

I was expiring 6/21, I didn’t start to apply until 4/15 and did my training on 5/11.

On 5/12 I submitted my training, got the email and phone call which they told me to keep using my permit until 6/21 then switch to the new one that should arrive in a few days.

The process is pretty fast
Old 05-23-2020, 9:55 AM

Quick question, I just did my certificate of training at OnTarget to add an additional gun on my CCW. Do I need to submit my certificate online to the OCSD? Thx
Old 05-23-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejhc11 View Post
Quick question, I just did my certificate of training at OnTarget to add an additional gun on my CCW. Do I need to submit my certificate online to the OCSD? Thx

Yes. They need to approve before you can carry what’s listed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaman View Post
Yes. They need to approve before you can carry what’s listed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok thanks will do.
Old 05-25-2020, 1:40 PM

Hey all,

I was approved two years ago and am coming up on my renewal.

I was approved for hiking and off-roading previously, but am reading that this does not get you approved anymore. Is this the case?

I live in a safe area don’t have a job, and am a student. I do have a medical condition that prevents me from becoming physically strong at all (not handicapped, I just can’t strength train without potential harm). This doesn’t impair my ability to fire a weapon precisely or impair my mental state in any way.

Are my chances slim of getting a renewal this time around?
Old 05-26-2020, 5:07 AM

Adding my VP9 and 2 3/4" S&W 69 to my permit this summer.
Can I add it with the H&K long slide I purchased on the VP9? (Number on slide does not match frame) Or do I need to run the orig slide/barrel?
Thanks!

Last edited by MCM; 05-26-2020 at 5:11 AM..
Old 05-28-2020, 4:28 PM

Xred, I would ask the dept directly:

CCWPermits@ocsd.org
Old 05-28-2020, 6:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRedLion View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm applying for a CCW. However, I had a quick question about the application. It asks me how long I've lived in Orange County and CA for. I was born and raised in Orange County, moved to LA for school for a few years, and tried a different state out for a few months, before going back to OC.

So, for that question, would I put the total time I've lived in Orange County + CA (20+ years), or just from the time that I moved back?
Current residency duration. Also, prepare a (brief) Word document which touches on your residence “resume”. Include that as an additional document for upload.

Quote:
Additionally, for my good cause, can I just create one PDF that has the good cause and all the supporting information (photos of hiking etc)?
However you want to present it is fine. If they need clarification they’ll contact you.

Quote:
This may seem like a small thing, but I would like to complete it correctly.

Thank you!!
Correctly is less important than “completely”. At the same time, you need to be aware of the dangers of TMI.

Good luck.
Old 05-28-2020, 6:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASonBASS View Post
Xred, I would ask the dept directly:
CCWPermits@ocsd.org
Here’s the problem with that...he’s asking for authorization to carry a concealed weapon, which means the Sheriff is going to trust his on-the-scene judgement to make life-or-death decisions. Yet, he can’t decide how to fill out the application.

EVERYTHING is scrutinized.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejhc11 View Post
You need to complete an amendment. To do this, go to OCSD.org/CCW and select application amendment. The external page advisement will come up and click ok, on the Permitium page select amendment and fill out the info to add a firearm. You must submit (attach) the add a gun training certificate. I think it cost $12. They will send you your updated license to you. Best of luck.
Old 05-29-2020, 6:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerx View Post
Hey all,

I was approved two years ago and am coming up on my renewal.

I was approved for hiking and off-roading previously, but am reading that this does not get you approved anymore. Is this the case?

I live in a safe area don’t have a job, and am a student. I do have a medical condition that prevents me from becoming physically strong at all (not handicapped, I just can’t strength train without potential harm). This doesn’t impair my ability to fire a weapon precisely or impair my mental state in any way.

Are my chances slim of getting a renewal this time around?
I just was approved for my 3rd renewal since getting my permit in 2014, and I have not seen that OCSD has moved to a more restrictive good cause criteria. I think OCSD still broadly supports CCW issuance for law abiding common citizens. What did change, particularly after the Peruta en banc decision, is they required a rational, cogent good cause statement, along with some proof of your activities (photos of you doing them, hunting lic, etc.) and sometimes evidence of the risk you stated in your good cause (e.g., news articles about attacks). I wouldn’t call it more restrictive, just that you have to do more leg work and create more of a support paper trail for your justification.

Certainly what did change after the Peruta en banc was you could no longer just say “self defense” for your good cause. You now have to string together a few sentences before and after those two words that form a coherent thought.