Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-07-2021, 1:30 PM

Default ATF Director Nomination a Giffords Advisor

"......the President is expected to nominate David Chipman as the next director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a White House official told CNN Wednesday. Chipman is a former ATF agent who serves as senior policy adviser at Giffords, the organization led by former congresswoman Gabby Giffords, who became a gun control advocate after being shot in 2011."

Well that would be a disaster. Standing by to see what Manchin and Sinema say.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/07/polit...uns/index.html
Old 04-07-2021, 2:39 PM
CGSSA Associate

not a surprise
Old 04-07-2021, 2:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

That’s exactly the type of person I would expect to be picked.
Old 04-07-2021, 3:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit31 View Post
"......the President is expected to nominate David Chipman as the next director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a White House official told CNN Wednesday. Chipman is a former ATF agent who serves as senior policy adviser at Giffords, the organization led by former congresswoman Gabby Giffords, who became a gun control advocate after being shot in 2011."

Well that would be a disaster. Standing by to see what Manchin and Sinema say.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/07/polit...uns/index.html

Calguns democrat / anti Trump voters want to comment and defend this "president/party that doesn't want to take our guns"?? OF COURSE YOU IDIOTS WONT...You all can just get the F' OUT OF HERE. You dont belong.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 04-07-2021, 4:14 PM

QFT
Old 04-07-2021, 4:22 PM

It will be a tough four years. And that he is ex-ATF, he will get confirmed.
Old 04-07-2021, 4:42 PM

Not necessarily. It will depend on if he is on record saying anything embarrassing as far as what gun laws or thoughts on gun control he has. We'll have a clear understanding of how concerned (or not) Manchin and Sinema are with their home states and gun control pretty soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vino68 View Post
It will be a tough four years. And that he is ex-ATF, he will get confirmed.
Old 04-07-2021, 6:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

It's not Beto? I'll bet he thought he'd get the job for certain ... just ask him.
Old 04-07-2021, 7:01 PM

I say many times before, you idiots in Arizona voted for Mark Kelly get exactly what you deserve, and screwed rest of us too. Unbelievable.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit31 View Post
Not necessarily. It will depend on if he is on record saying anything embarrassing as far as what gun laws or thoughts on gun control he has. We'll have a clear understanding of how concerned (or not) Manchin and Sinema are with their home states and gun control pretty soon.
He recently told new gun owners to put their guns in a cabinet behind canned tuna and only pull them out if the zombies come...
Old 04-08-2021, 4:28 AM
Veteran Member

Here's his Reddit AMA:

https://reddit.com/r/politics/commen..._to_fight_gun/
Old 04-08-2021, 4:46 AM
Git-R-Done
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggieBoy View Post
It's not Beto? I'll bet he thought he'd get the job for certain ... just ask him.
Skateboarding Dufus Czar?
AR & AK Confiscation Czar?

O'Dork is a steaming POS, like the other 99.999% of phlegmocrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassCase View Post
I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
iTrader

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858
Old 04-08-2021, 5:27 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cz74 View Post
I say many times before, you idiots in Arizona voted for Mark Kelly get exactly what you deserve, and screwed rest of us too. Unbelievable.
^^^^ TRUTH. They helped screw us all. Arizona and Georgia were huge disappointments. The only good thing is that now the rest of the country gets to experience and hopefully respond to the "Californization" of national firearms laws. I have been telling all my out of state friends for years, CA leads the nation in trends.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 04-08-2021 at 6:35 AM..
Old 04-08-2021, 5:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Hold on to your shorts.

Lyin/Biden is coming. Cmon man give em up.
John 3:16

NRA,,, Lifer

United Air Epic Fail Video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 04-08-2021, 6:10 AM

Also expected is a Federal template to aid states in developing "red flag laws".
Old 04-08-2021, 6:12 AM

...and more on pistol braces "that allowed the CO shooter to have better aim".
Old 04-08-2021, 3:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

When the globalist's fixed the election to cheat Americans from President's Trumps landslide victory, I thought the occupation force would have tried for an attempt at unity.

This nomination is another in your face tactic to prove these conquerors are serious about destroying every facet of our liberty .

I suggest everyone upgrade and or recruit members to the NRA. IIRC they did lots of independent investigation into past ATF abuses.
Old 04-08-2021, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
When the globalist's fixed the election to cheat Americans from President's Trumps landslide victory, I thought the occupation force would have tried for an attempt at unity.
Why? They win more than anyone else if our country devolves into civil war.

Quote:
This nomination is another in your face tactic to prove these conquerors are serious about destroying every facet of our liberty .
Yup. They see it as a win-win for them. Either they get what they want—power—flat out or they get us to fight amongst ourselves which would just give them power faster.

Quote:
I suggest everyone upgrade and or recruit members to the NRA. IIRC they did lots of independent investigation into past ATF abuses.
This^^^. As I see it, our only path to victory is to recruit a majority of Americans into gun ownership and pride in the Second Amendment. Getting existing gun owners to support the NRA is the first step.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cz74 View Post
I know how you feel, but, people tend to say that its the CA transplants that are flipping these states, its a small % but, the numbers show it is more the Hispanics coming of age to vote that is killing these red states to turn purple.. or the purple state turning blue.. the numbers are staggering and I think the number was 87% or 82% not sure but that vote lib/dem
Old 04-09-2021, 8:14 AM

Quote:
Chipman, whose bio submitted to Congress in relation to his role in testifying in support of recent gun control measures, details that he has been with Giffords since 2016, having come to that anti-gun group after previously working for Bloomberg-founded Mayors Against Illegal Guns. Prior to that, he was with the ATF from 1988 to 2012, including running the agency's Asset Forfeiture Program, leading the Detroit Field Division, and serving as "Case agent in [the] Branch Davidian trial" while working in the Waco, Texas, field office.

Everytown issued a statement late Wednesday saying they were, "thrilled about the nomination of David Chipman to head the ATF, whose extensive law enforcement experience makes him uniquely qualified for the job. David will be an invaluable point person as this administration looks to fight illegal gun trafficking and end the special treatment of the gun industry."

Since 2012, Chipman has been front and center stumping for the campaign to ban large selections of popular semi-auto firearms and keep in place antiquated controls on safety equipment such as suppressors. He testified against the Hearing Protection Act in 2017, arguing deregulating suppressors would lead to their increased use by criminals, disregarding the fact that an illegal suppressor can be readily made with household items today.

In 2019, he told the House Judiciary Committee that semi-auto firearms described as "assault weapons" are virtually "identical to those used by the military," and should be extensively regulated even though over 18 million AR-style rifles are believed to be in circulation.

"[S]imply reinstating the 90s-era ban on assault weapons is not enough," Chipman told lawmakers. "Instead, we should regulate a broader class of firearms, including assault weapons manufactured before the law's enactment," going on to explain that existing guns should fall under the NFA "while banning the future manufacture and sale of these firearms."

The last ATF director confirmed by the Senate was B. Todd Jones, nominated by President Obama in 2013 and confirmed in a contentious 53-42 vote after overcoming a filibuster. Jones later left the ATF in the wake of a backlash over a proposed ban on common "green tip" ammunition. He had been the first permanent director since 2006. The agency is currently led by Acting Director Regina Lombardo, an unconfirmed appointment who assumed the role in 2019.

This guy is a piece of garbage and the most dangerous thing announced by Biden yesterday.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:03 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Everyone chill, Chipman is nominated to lead AFT, not ATF.

That must be some super secret new agency to attack first amendment. Their motto will be "AFT for QFT." The senile in command himself said he wasn't doing anything to impede 2A, and the new agency's response was a brief "QFT." That's another reason we know there are no intentions to implement new gun control, that no changes are coming to ATF and that they won't be able to create law out of thin air.

AFT fact-checked this post and said it's mostly false. Oh, well.

Last edited by IVC; 04-09-2021 at 10:06 AM..
Old 04-09-2021, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Peter Venkman View Post
"At Waco, cult members used 2 .50 caliber Barretts to shoot down two Texas Air National Guard helicopters. Point, it is true we are fortunate they are not used in crime more often. The victims of drug lords in Mexico are not so lucky. America plays a role in fueling the violence south of the border."

He will say whatever lie he needs to, to justify whatever action they want.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:33 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Old 04-09-2021, 11:31 AM

So who do the republicans get to nominate if they ever get back in power? Wayne La'pier?
Old 04-09-2021, 11:35 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLBC View Post
This picture needs to get out all over on the internet. Posing in front of burned bodies of dead Americans, may be women and children.....
Old 04-14-2021, 11:32 AM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Old 04-14-2021, 11:49 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Last edited by MyOdessa; 04-14-2021 at 11:51 AM..
Old 04-14-2021, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
^^^^ TRUTH. They helped screw us all. Arizona and Georgia were huge disappointments. The only good thing is that now the rest of the country gets to experience and hopefully respond to the "Californization" of national firearms laws. I have been telling all my out of state friends for years, CA leads the nation in trends.
I find it comical that the people holding seat of the hard left liberals is claiming other states F-ed it all up for them. That's like your brain telling your penis it's all his fault she got pregnant.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:50 AM

May you live in interesting times
Old 05-29-2021, 9:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Hopefully republican led states can stop this most horrible ATF nominee in recent history.
Friends please call the Senators in your free state.
Old 05-29-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Hopefully republican led states can stop this most horrible ATF nominee in recent history.
Friends please call the Senators in your free state.
call your senators ?????
Old 05-29-2021, 2:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW948 View Post
call your senators ?????
yeah that too!
Old 05-29-2021, 5:31 PM

Quote:
yeah that too!
They already know what they are going to do before they even hit the ground running.... we have NO IMPACT on them whatsoever..,, people go into politics for agendas and connections... there is always exceptions to the rule but they are few and far between... they have no 'grass' roots motivations at all.. they could care less to be honest... and it shows... you ask why? because we , as a populace, have been soft on them overall.. they get away with murder... literally and figuratively...
Old 05-29-2021, 6:27 PM

And the Biden **** show keeps steamrolling forward...and were only a few months in.
Old 06-18-2021, 7:45 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Once again republicans stand for RKBA by opposing Chipman for ATF director
[url]https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/18/mark-kelly-under-pressure-recuse-himself-chipmans-atf-confirmation-past-gun-control-collaboration/[/urln May 25, 2021, Breitbart News noted nearly 70 House Republicans were warning their Senate colleagues to oppose Chipman’s nomination, describing him as an “enemy of the Second Amendment.”

The NRA is also warning against Chipman’s confirmation, noting he is an “anti-gun lobbyist and gun ban proponent,” and the National Shooting Sports Foundation’s Mark Olivia described Chipman as “a bought and paid-for gun control lobbyist who is still drawing a paycheck from Giffords gun control group.”