Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 03-13-2019, 6:10 PM

Default And the winner is...my new handgun!

I am really excited. Thanks everyone for the really good advice from my other thread.

I just bought a CZ 75 Compact!

Can't wait to get it outta jail and off to the range.
Old 03-13-2019, 6:16 PM

Nice, I went with the PCR compact, put in jail yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2019, 6:18 PM
- DVC -
CGN Contributor

Can't go wrong, there!

Please youto0b it and put it to some bayn-jo music!

“The history of liberty is the history of the limitations placed on the government… Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of resistance.” – Woodrow Wilson

. Member NRA and Mojave Lever Crew | Stuck somewhere between Cowboy and Tactical | Bolts, levers, single actions and 1911s

. 1A - 2A = -1A
Old 03-13-2019, 6:22 PM

Nice pistol, congrats
Old 03-13-2019, 8:32 PM

Nice choice, I love my CZ 75 compact.
I think I shoot it better than my CZ 75 SP-01
Old 03-14-2019, 7:07 AM
Veteran Member

That’s funny. Not one person mentioned about a CZ Compact from your other thread so why did you decide on buying that over a SP-01 or Tactical Sport?

I hope you got the PCR and not the regular Compact. PCR has a nicer trigger pull and extended upswept beavertail.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litespeeds View Post
That’s funny. Not one person mentioned about a CZ Compact from your other thread so why did you decide on buying that over a SP-01 or Tactical Sport?

I hope you got the PCR and not the regular Compact. PCR has a nicer trigger pull and extended upswept beavertail.
PM’s, handling it and price...way under budget.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:30 PM

A fine choice. The CZ-75 is western europe's version of the M1911.

A couple of years ago, after many such conversations, a fellow CG'er friend of mine who is a CZ fanatic brought thereabouts a dozen different ones to the range for me to try.

The Compact was the one, I, just, loved, the moment I picked it up! It just fit my hand beautifully. I loved the balance, the low bore axis, the small slide profile which, to me, allows for a better grip etc.. It is still quasi-concealable if you're an at least mid-sized human being. Reading your post, I couldn't help but wonder if you had the same visceral response upon picking up the compact as I did?

It took two me plus years to fully gestate to fruition, but I ended up buying my first CZ-75 variant. Being a design geek, the one I personally fell in love with was a Swiss made version thereof, a Sphinx SDP Compact. I spent months stalking one here on CG. But I found one. I totally, love that weapon.

WRT the post above re the PCR, some folks like that extended beavertail, other not so much. WRT the trigger, lots of folks, CGW is the current popular fav' do trigger work. Lots of CZ's have slop, over-travel or some grit in the trigger. This is a totally solvable 'problem'.

I expect you'll be equally happy with yours. Congratulations OP! Again, a fine choice.

Last edited by sfarchitect; 03-14-2019 at 12:40 PM..
Old 03-14-2019, 12:36 PM
Veteran Member

Good on you mate!

I liked all my CZ's straight out of the box.

However, with a little bit of fine tuning I came to really LOVE them.

On two of them I had to get the ejection pattern adjusted because they were bonking me right in the center of the forehead with spent brass.

All of them needed a trigger tune up. When I say "needed" I don't mean to function, I mean to be smooth and light.

The 97b went back to CZ on a recall which replaced the barrel with their upgraded part, fixing a feeding issue with ammo other than hardball. Perfect now.

Great guns with excellent potential. Cajun gunworks will take good care of you.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:42 PM

Nice choice and price point is worth it. I like mine because of how good the grip fits my hand, it hasn't had any issues after over 1k rounds and shoots fairly accurate.
Old 03-14-2019, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarchitect View Post
A fine choice. The CZ-75 is western europe's version of the M1911.

A couple of years ago, after many such conversations, a fellow CG'er friend of mine who is a CZ fanatic brought thereabouts a dozen different ones to the range for me to try.

The Compact was the one, I, just, loved, the moment I picked it up! It just fit my hand beautifully. I loved the balance, the low bore axis, the small slide profile which, to me, allows for a better grip etc.. It is still quasi-concealable if you're an at least mid-sized human being. Reading your post, I couldn't help but wonder if you had the same visceral response upon picking up the compact as I did?

It took two me plus years to fully gestate to fruition, but I ended up buying my first CZ-75 variant. Being a design geek, the one I personally fell in love with was a Swiss made version thereof, a Sphinx SDP Compact. I spent months stalking one here on CG. But I found one. I totally, love that weapon.

WRT the post above re the PCR, some folks like that extended beavertail, other not so much. WRT the trigger, lots of folks, CGW is the current popular fav' do trigger work. Lots of CZ's have slop, over-travel or some grit in the trigger. This is a totally solvable 'problem'.

I expect you'll be equally happy with yours. Congratulations OP! Again, a fine choice.
Yes. I did have that visceral response...first time I've ever had that experience. I picked it up and within 10 seconds I was already considering the purchase. I never had a compact in my hand, and my hands are tiny, but this FIT. I took a breath, and had the counter guy put it back into the glass. I handled a few others including a G19 just like mine. Then, asked to handle it again. The Angels sang and that was it! It's now in jail waiting for the breakout.
Old 03-14-2019, 6:16 PM

You had a 1200$ budget... you could have done better. If i had 1200$ to blow, i would have atleast went P01 .... but now you have more money to Cajunize it or atleast buy a few thousand rounds of 9. Congrats CZs are game changers.
Old 03-14-2019, 8:16 PM

Congrats! The Compact is a great gun, just a bit smaller than the regular 75 so its really a good shooter. I'm sure you are going to enjoy it. Just a word of caution though, this won't be your last CZ and just wait until you get it tricked out by Cajun or CZC, you will have the CZickness for sure.

Here's my 75 Compact. It has been fully Cajunized with the Defensive Carry Package, Night Sights and Cherry VZ Grips. It is our HD gun and someday I will be handing it down to one of my kids because it is such a fine gun, especially after its trip to Louisiana.

Be sure to give us a range report when you get yours!

Old 03-14-2019, 9:25 PM

Capt Jack, nice clean 75 compact! I’d like to know more about Cajun options for this model.
Old 03-15-2019, 9:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjodude View Post
I am really excited. Thanks everyone for the really good advice from my other thread.

I just bought a CZ 75 Compact!

Can't wait to get it outta jail and off to the range.
Congrats Banjodude on the purchase! Do share with us your first range experience with the Compact
Old 03-15-2019, 9:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarchitect View Post
It took two me plus years to fully gestate to fruition, but I ended up buying my first CZ-75 variant. Being a design geek, the one I personally fell in love with was a Swiss made version thereof, a Sphinx SDP Compact. I spent months stalking one here on CG. But I found one. I totally, love that weapon..
Looks like a mini SP-01!? Nice piece.

Old 03-15-2019, 3:43 PM

Congrats.
CZ 75 PCR with the stock rubber grips is the most fit on my (small) hand. My other two CZs I changed the grips with P-10 grips. but I kept the 75PCR stock grips.
Congrats again and "Chut" that gun
Old 03-15-2019, 3:56 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats man!
Old 03-15-2019, 7:24 PM

Love all my CZs.
Old 03-16-2019, 9:29 AM

Congrats !!
Old 03-16-2019, 1:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I hope that works out for you.
Old 03-16-2019, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjodude View Post
Capt Jack, nice clean 75 compact! I’d like to know more about Cajun options for this model.
Cajun can do "Mild to Wild" on any CZ you choose as they are a full custom shop and can do pretty much whatever you want including sending the guns out for professional refinishing (check out the Master Blued, there are several owned by calgunners posted here). Their work is excellent and definitely worth the money IMO, but I am biased, I have 4 Cajun guns and they are all my favorites.

As I mentioned, my Compact is the HD gun and has the Defensive Carry Package. Here is the description of what they do from their website:
"CGW will fully disassemble your CZ and inspect. Next step is to mirror polish the internal parts, install our hammer kit, Short Reset System (SRS), all new heat treated pins and music wire springs (excluding recoil spring), extended S-7 tool steel firing pin and our tempered spring steel FP retaining pin. We tailor the trigger pull for the application, from nearly 4 lbs for self-defense use, down to 2.5 lbs for range and competition use. The SA break will be superb, crisp, clean; 1911 like. The DA will be super smooth and fluid, so good you can call your shots in DA; SA is like cheating. This package delivers 100% reliable ignition, even with DA pulls in the 7 – 8 lb. range."

They also have the Pro Package which is the DCP plus the Reach Reduction Kit, which moves the trigger 5mm rearward and basically turns it into the ultimate DA/SA trigger. I have thought about sending mine back for this upgrade, but honestly, the trigger is really nice as is. Funny thing, this is my only DA/SA CZ. My other 3 are all SAO guns so I am tempted to pick up a 75B and get the Pro Package done to it just to see what all the fuss is about

Here are all the parts they offer for the Compact, most should be interchangeable with the standard 75.
https://cajungunworks.com/product-category/75-b-compact/

Anyway, David and Scott are great guys, very friendly and will sincerely take the time to talk to you, answer questions and build you a badass gun that will impress all of your friends and your kids hope you leave to them. Their Customer Service is also top notch if you have any issues.
Old 03-16-2019, 8:37 PM
Calguns Addict

I love my cajund compact. It's my favorite next to my witness elite match (off roster). It fits the niche of small and great ergonomics and recoil mitigation. I just wish they'd make it with a rail and safety
Old 03-17-2019, 7:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack View Post
Cajun can do "Mild to Wild" on any CZ you choose as they are a full custom shop and can do pretty much whatever you want including sending the guns out for professional refinishing (check out the Master Blued, there are several owned by calgunners posted here). Their work is excellent and definitely worth the money IMO, but I am biased, I have 4 Cajun guns and they are all my favorites.

As I mentioned, my Compact is the HD gun and has the Defensive Carry Package. Here is the description of what they do from their website:
"CGW will fully disassemble your CZ and inspect. Next step is to mirror polish the internal parts, install our hammer kit, Short Reset System (SRS), all new heat treated pins and music wire springs (excluding recoil spring), extended S-7 tool steel firing pin and our tempered spring steel FP retaining pin. We tailor the trigger pull for the application, from nearly 4 lbs for self-defense use, down to 2.5 lbs for range and competition use. The SA break will be superb, crisp, clean; 1911 like. The DA will be super smooth and fluid, so good you can call your shots in DA; SA is like cheating. This package delivers 100% reliable ignition, even with DA pulls in the 7 – 8 lb. range."

They also have the Pro Package which is the DCP plus the Reach Reduction Kit, which moves the trigger 5mm rearward and basically turns it into the ultimate DA/SA trigger. I have thought about sending mine back for this upgrade, but honestly, the trigger is really nice as is. Funny thing, this is my only DA/SA CZ. My other 3 are all SAO guns so I am tempted to pick up a 75B and get the Pro Package done to it just to see what all the fuss is about

Here are all the parts they offer for the Compact, most should be interchangeable with the standard 75.
https://cajungunworks.com/product-category/75-b-compact/

Anyway, David and Scott are great guys, very friendly and will sincerely take the time to talk to you, answer questions and build you a badass gun that will impress all of your friends and your kids hope you leave to them. Their Customer Service is also top notch if you have any issues.
Thank you! I plan to put a few rounds down the barrel, then decide what to do. I appreciate the info.