Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-05-2022, 2:15 PM
OleCuss OleCuss is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 6,401
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Interesting tidbit on asymptomatic people testing positive.

I don't have a link and such for you but one large medical organization has recently noted:

1. In the SF Bay Area about 1/5th of their asymptomatic outpatients test positive for Covid-19.
2. In the Central Valley 1/3rd of their asymptomatic outpatients test positive for Covid-19.

Now one might expect that their patients are on average a bit higher risk for being ill if they get a Covid-19 infection but it is not at all clear that they are more likely to be exposed to Covid-19 than the rest of the population.

If one takes the somewhat dubious step of assuming similar data throughout the state? We're talking literally millions of people who are infected (according to testing) but asymptomatic. Seriously, we'd be talking more than 6 million.

Also note that those would be the ones who are currently infected and without symptoms. If you figure in those who have been asymptomatically infected in the last few weeks? That number would be dramatically higher - especially since the current infection rate is actually lower than it has been over the last few weeks.

If you accept this as being a guess with reasonable value (and remember that I'm not at all sure it is) then I'd be betting that a pretty strong majority of the people in Kalifornia who are working, shopping, etc. have recently had Covid-19 whether they know it or not.

If this is the case, just about everyone who is out there circulating has at least some degree of immunity at this time.

Make of this what you will.

If you want to get the vaccine I'm certainly not going to try to talk you out of it but unless you are a pretty high-risk individual I'd be suggesting you consider waiting until the newer mRNA vaccines are available which are intended to hit a newer variant. But make sure you get good data showing that the new vaccine is actually effective at preventing serious illness and death. Frankly, there isn't much serious illness or death out there and that may make it impossible to get good data showing significant benefit (because almost no one is getting seriously ill or dying from the current variants).

If you are inclined not to get further vaccination? Well, by now you've probably had one of the newer variants - or you'll get Covid-19 due to a newer variant before the newer vaccines are available. That means that the benefit you'll get may be a bit questionable.

Personally, unless mandated I am pretty sure I won't be getting further Covid-19 vaccination unless there is some very unanticipated twist to things. I don't think they will be able to get good data showing enough benefit.


I'm taking my Vitamin D and living happy.
__________________
CGN's token life-long teetotaling vegetarian. Not qualified to give any legal opinion so pay attention at your own risk.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-05-2022, 3:00 PM
subscriber subscriber is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 821
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

A few people should pull a "Musk" with current tests: Musk had four covid tests taken back to back on the same day. Two came back positive, and two negative. Those tests seemed to work about as well as the vx.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-05-2022, 3:06 PM
sd_shooter's Avatar
sd_shooter sd_shooter is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hill Country, TX
Posts: 10,400
iTrader: 81 / 100%
Default

Covid is endemic now, that's all. Also harmless.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-05-2022, 3:09 PM
71MUSTY's Avatar
71MUSTY 71MUSTY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 6,989
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post
Covid is endemic now, that's all. Also harmless.
Pretty much. At least unless you are that one guy.
__________________
Only slaves don't need guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.


What doesn't kill me, better run
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-05-2022, 5:39 PM
Epaphroditus's Avatar
Epaphroditus Epaphroditus is offline
Custom Title is Custom
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Where the McRib runs wild and free!
Posts: 4,393
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

No point in testing if asymptomatic.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-06-2022, 5:49 AM
EM2's Avatar
EM2 EM2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,364
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleCuss View Post
I don't have a link and such for you but one large medical organization has recently noted:

1. In the SF Bay Area about 1/5th of their asymptomatic outpatients test positive for Covid-19.
2. In the Central Valley 1/3rd of their asymptomatic outpatients test positive for Covid-19.

Now one might expect that their patients are on average a bit higher risk for being ill if they get a Covid-19 infection but it is not at all clear that they are more likely to be exposed to Covid-19 than the rest of the population.

If one takes the somewhat dubious step of assuming similar data throughout the state? We're talking literally millions of people who are infected (according to testing) but asymptomatic. Seriously, we'd be talking more than 6 million.

Also note that those would be the ones who are currently infected and without symptoms. If you figure in those who have been asymptomatically infected in the last few weeks? That number would be dramatically higher - especially since the current infection rate is actually lower than it has been over the last few weeks.

If you accept this as being a guess with reasonable value (and remember that I'm not at all sure it is) then I'd be betting that a pretty strong majority of the people in Kalifornia who are working, shopping, etc. have recently had Covid-19 whether they know it or not.

If this is the case, just about everyone who is out there circulating has at least some degree of immunity at this time.

Make of this what you will.

If you want to get the vaccine I'm certainly not going to try to talk you out of it but unless you are a pretty high-risk individual I'd be suggesting you consider waiting until the newer mRNA vaccines are available which are intended to hit a newer variant. But make sure you get good data showing that the new vaccine is actually effective at preventing serious illness and death. Frankly, there isn't much serious illness or death out there and that may make it impossible to get good data showing significant benefit (because almost no one is getting seriously ill or dying from the current variants).

If you are inclined not to get further vaccination? Well, by now you've probably had one of the newer variants - or you'll get Covid-19 due to a newer variant before the newer vaccines are available. That means that the benefit you'll get may be a bit questionable.

Personally, unless mandated I am pretty sure I won't be getting further Covid-19 vaccination unless there is some very unanticipated twist to things. I don't think they will be able to get good data showing enough benefit.


I'm taking my Vitamin D and living happy.
Way to stand firm, good for you.

Really, I thought by now we were way past considering the vaccine therapy as proper treatment.
__________________
F@$% Joe Biden
F@$% OSHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyedrider View Post
First they came for Trump and i said nothing because I wasn't a Trump supporter...........
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-06-2022, 7:04 AM
MJB's Avatar
MJB MJB is offline
CGSSA Associate
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,542
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Vaccine?

Hell no your crazy putting this in your body
__________________
One life so don't blow it......Always die with your boots on!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-06-2022, 9:56 AM
Dan_Eastvale's Avatar
Dan_Eastvale Dan_Eastvale is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 5,641
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Yeah, why are hospitals testing outpatient asymptomatic patients?

To promote the fear
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-06-2022, 10:59 AM
OleCuss OleCuss is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 6,401
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Eastvale View Post
Yeah, why are hospitals testing outpatient asymptomatic patients?

To promote the fear
I don't think hospitals are trying to "promote the fear".

I think the state actually requires the testing if you are having any sort of outpatient procedure. I think that in some cases the counties are requiring it.

Now if you are talking about non-procedural visits? Then that would be to the clinics and that may be asymptomatic patients who want to be tested. In this case one might ask why people who are effectively healthy want to be tested and that could be everything from family saying you can't come around them unless they've been tested to a day care saying the kid can't come back unless tested.

And yeah, my 7 month-old granddaughter has to be tested for Covid-19 before she is allowed to return after the day care took a 2-week break.

So some is required by the government. Some by the healthy worried. Some by family. Some by private institutions trying to show that they are keeping their clients safe.

I think we are doing far more testing than is useful but I'm not the ruler (and I don't want to be).
__________________
CGN's token life-long teetotaling vegetarian. Not qualified to give any legal opinion so pay attention at your own risk.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-06-2022, 12:26 PM
Scota4570 Scota4570 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,480
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Unless you have been living a hermit's life without human contact you have been exposed. 98%+ people have have antibodies. Doing anything based on a positive test is insanity. The time to ignore covid has long passed.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-08-2022, 11:28 AM
SAN compnerd's Avatar
SAN compnerd SAN compnerd is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Behind enemy lines in the PRK.
Posts: 4,486
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Pretty sure 'asymptomatic spread' is just another falsehood based on false positives and the Public Health Industrial complex needing to scare people into taking an unproven therapy for a flu like illness.
__________________
"I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious." - Thomas Jefferson, 1824

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN compnerd View Post
When the middle east descends into complete chaos in 2-3 years due in part to the actions of this administration I'll necro post about how clueless I was.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-08-2022, 11:32 AM
SAN compnerd's Avatar
SAN compnerd SAN compnerd is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Behind enemy lines in the PRK.
Posts: 4,486
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Eastvale View Post
Yeah, why are hospitals testing outpatient asymptomatic patients?

To promote the fear
That and they can bill hundreds for a test that costs pennys. It's now pretty standard that if you visit an ER, you will be tested for the coof whether you have symptoms or not and no matter what you are seeking care for. Car accident? coof test. Sprained ankle? coof test. woodworking accident? coof test. Concussion from extreme sports accident? coof test. Athletes foot? coof test. The scam continues.
__________________
"I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious." - Thomas Jefferson, 1824

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN compnerd View Post
When the middle east descends into complete chaos in 2-3 years due in part to the actions of this administration I'll necro post about how clueless I was.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-08-2022, 11:35 AM
2shotjoe's Avatar
2shotjoe 2shotjoe is offline
Honk Honk
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: (╯o)╯︵ ┻━┻
Posts: 25,502
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Eastvale View Post
Yeah, why are hospitals testing outpatient asymptomatic patients?

To promote the fear
money, they get paid.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
..you're kind of a sad excuse for an attorney...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian777 View Post
...Don't pick either side....
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-08-2022, 12:22 PM
Wherryj's Avatar
Wherryj Wherryj is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Livermore
Posts: 10,440
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
Pretty much. At least unless you are that one guy.
Sure, but even the common cold or the bacteria on one's skin occasionally take someone out. There aren't many infections that can't possibly kill someone, even if it is a very select group.
__________________
"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?"
-Antonin Scalia, Supreme Court Justice

"Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
I like my guns like the left likes their voters-"undocumented".
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:28 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy

Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Military Boots 5.11 Tactical