Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-29-2022, 7:14 AM
nickel plate's Avatar
nickel plate nickel plate is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 1,905
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default Belly band holster that doesn't require a buffering t-shirt between skin and band

Looking in to buying a belly band holster but I want the option of wearing it directly on my skin without the need of a t-shirt between me and the belly band.
Most all that I have looked at place the gun's handle above the band allowing for a positive grip draw but I sense some nasty skin irritation in the makings without having a protective t-shirt between me and the gun handle.
Is there a design out there that doesn't require the need of a buffering t-shirt?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-29-2022, 7:32 AM
jyo jyo is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Running…thru the jungle...
Posts: 5,027
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Most belly-band holsters I've seen are of simple construction without a protective barrier between the grip area and your skin if you choose not to wear a t-shirt underneath... I would be interested in knowing if there is a product that does have such a protective barrier. I've used a belly-band holster off and on, but only with smaller pistols as bigger guns will print thru...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-29-2022, 7:53 AM
ProRoad's Avatar
ProRoad ProRoad is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Santa Clarita
Posts: 204
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I really like mine and wear it on skin, ComfortTac Ultimate Belly Band Gun Holster for Concealed Carry . https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
__________________
I'm not a Cop, but have played one on T.V.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-29-2022, 3:37 PM
nickel plate's Avatar
nickel plate nickel plate is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 1,905
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProRoad View Post
I really like mine and wear it on skin, ComfortTac Ultimate Belly Band Gun Holster for Concealed Carry . https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Judging by the photo it looks very abrasive to the belly skin. Yes-no?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg comfortTac.jpg (95.9 KB, 35 views)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-29-2022, 5:41 PM
ProRoad's Avatar
ProRoad ProRoad is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Santa Clarita
Posts: 204
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

No, been wearing it all day today, sitting at desk.. This thing is actually more comfortable than pants and belt, no pinch, I guess I have a beer belly....
__________________
I'm not a Cop, but have played one on T.V.

Last edited by ProRoad; 07-29-2022 at 5:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-29-2022, 7:10 PM
SigSauerP226 SigSauerP226 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Simi Valley
Posts: 514
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProRoad View Post
No, been wearing it all day today, sitting at desk.. This thing is actually more comfortable than pants and belt, no pinch, I guess I have a beer belly....
Well maybe I should try this, I’ve a beer belly too haha. I’ve been interested in alternatives to IWB holsters.

I was looking at this, but the whole shebang (rig plus shell) is almost $200.

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/enigma-landing/
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-30-2022, 6:31 AM
nickel plate's Avatar
nickel plate nickel plate is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 1,905
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProRoad View Post
No, been wearing it all day today, sitting at desk.. This thing is actually more comfortable than pants and belt, no pinch, I guess I have a beer belly....
So many brands and variants to choose from.
I even saw one that boasts using a magnet instead of a snap for the retention strap.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-30-2022, 6:33 AM
Marauder2003's Avatar
Marauder2003 Marauder2003 is offline
Waiting for Abs
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NV
Posts: 1,813
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

How about some moleskin on the backside?

https://www.amazon.com/Extra-Durable.../dp/B07Y5QDTM4
__________________
#NotMyPresident
#ArrestFauci
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-30-2022, 8:43 AM
prosailortim prosailortim is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 62
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I use this while wearing gym wear & hiking with my dogs. It allows me to use any IWB holster. I personally like it.

https://clipandcarry.us/amp/strapt-t...-not-included/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-30-2022, 9:40 AM
Tikka3x Tikka3x is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 43
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Is Smart carry still available?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-30-2022, 11:03 AM
L84CABO's Avatar
L84CABO L84CABO is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orcas Island, WA and San Diego
Posts: 7,012
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

This is just my personal opinion but bellybands need to be used with some type of rigid holster to protect the trigger. This will also help give the gun a bit more offset so that it's not in as much contact with the skin. How much or little depends on the setup.
__________________
"Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

Fighter Pilot
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-30-2022, 3:46 PM
SigSauerP226 SigSauerP226 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Simi Valley
Posts: 514
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84CABO View Post
This is just my personal opinion but bellybands need to be used with some type of rigid holster to protect the trigger. This will also help give the gun a bit more offset so that it's not in as much contact with the skin. How much or little depends on the setup.
Then the Phlster Enigma I linked is a good choice. Has a full kydex shell that attaches to their belly band-ish rig, just expensive.

Last edited by SigSauerP226; 07-30-2022 at 3:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-30-2022, 4:33 PM
johncage johncage is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 553
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

the product linked by prosailortim has a pocket for installing a holster. there's also this one that functions the same but has a different retention system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5T6efmwDMo

i did experiment with just a regular belt over my body, the problem is unless it's really low or your hip bones are very high, it interferes with normal breathing due to its rigidity, and the gun retention has to be loose otherwise the gun has a difficult time coming out without pulling the belt up with it.

but it seems these products in general cater to women carrying micro compact guns
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-03-2022, 3:25 PM
nickel plate's Avatar
nickel plate nickel plate is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 1,905
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyo View Post
Most belly-band holsters I've seen are of simple construction without a protective barrier between the grip area and your skin if you choose not to wear a t-shirt underneath... I would be interested in knowing if there is a product that does have such a protective barrier. I've used a belly-band holster off and on, but only with smaller pistols as bigger guns will print thru...
Me too.
In the summer 100+ degrees I plan to have the belly band between my skin and inside a tee shirt.
Does anyone else do this?
Comfortability?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-04-2022, 2:45 PM
Maulerrr's Avatar
Maulerrr Maulerrr is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Coachella Valley
Posts: 1,858
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

My wife uses the comfort tac belly band too. She's never complained about the grip rubbing or scraping before.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-06-2022, 7:22 AM
nickel plate's Avatar
nickel plate nickel plate is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 1,905
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

I was leaning toward the Comfort Tac Ultimate but too many reviews about stitching, Velcro failings and poor quality retention snaps turned me away.
Finally came to a decision and placed an order for a STICKY belly band. They call it a "modular system" because the band needs to be incorporated with one of their (not included in the band price) gun specific sticky holsters.
I have years of CCW experience carrying either a S&W Shield or a Sig Sauer P238 in two gun specific similar REMORA "No-Clip, Non-Slip" holsters. I emailed Sticky and asked if my two Remora holsters (identical to Sticky) will work in their belly band and was answered back "The holster belly band will work with the current holsters that you have however we always advise our modular systems products to be used in conjunction with our holster for optimal carrying performance." That's all I needed to hear, no more holsters to buy.
BTW: I bought the Remora holsters before there was a Sticky company. I read that an employee(s) from Remora left and started the Sticky brand which is indecently located in the same town, Naples Florida.
Remora does not yet have a belly band in their product line, or I probably would have bought from them.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-06-2022, 4:25 PM
SigSauerP226 SigSauerP226 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Simi Valley
Posts: 514
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickel plate View Post
I was leaning toward the Comfort Tac Ultimate but too many reviews about stitching, Velcro failings and poor quality retention snaps turned me away.
Finally came to a decision and placed an order for a STICKY belly band. They call it a "modular system" because the band needs to be incorporated with one of their (not included in the band price) gun specific sticky holsters.
I have years of CCW experience carrying either a S&W Shield or a Sig Sauer P238 in two gun specific similar REMORA "No-Clip, Non-Slip" holsters. I emailed Sticky and asked if my two Remora holsters (identical to Sticky) will work in their belly band and was answered back "The holster belly band will work with the current holsters that you have however we always advise our modular systems products to be used in conjunction with our holster for optimal carrying performance." That's all I needed to hear, no more holsters to buy.
BTW: I bought the Remora holsters before there was a Sticky company. I read that an employee(s) from Remora left and started the Sticky brand which is indecently located in the same town, Naples Florida.
Remora does not yet have a belly band in their product line, or I probably would have bought from them.
Looks like a good idea, I have a Remora for my Glock 26 already so I ordered one. Hoping itís comfortable.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-08-2022, 5:54 AM
nickel plate's Avatar
nickel plate nickel plate is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central Valley
Posts: 1,905
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigSauerP226 View Post
Looks like a good idea, I have a Remora for my Glock 26 already so I ordered one. Hoping itís comfortable.
Just got the shipping/tracking number this morning. It's probably going to take a while as I went cheap on the shipping cost and it's coming from Florida.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:54 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy

Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Military Boots 5.11 Tactical