Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Riflegear.com
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Riflegear.com Hosted by Riflegear.com

Old 05-13-2010, 3:14 PM

Cheers for the easy PPT transaction yesterday! I can't wait to pick up my Rem 700 P!
The Los Angeles Gun Club, Rule #20:
The noise will damage the fetus.
Old 05-15-2010, 9:27 PM

Went in this AM , got my BCG and few other items, gotta say, service was excellent prices very competitve. Will be back if i need anything else. Thanks guys!!
Old 05-27-2010, 1:02 PM

You guys are the best. Placed my order for the AK BP, a few hours later....tracking number.

Love it....
Old 06-29-2010, 8:11 AM

When would be the best time to visit your location? I have some ideas on what i want for my first AR build but still have quite a few questions before making a final decision.
I don't want to come in and tie you guys up when you're swamped.

Thanks
Old 06-29-2010, 8:13 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballdad View Post
When would be the best time to visit your location? I have some ideas on what i want for my first AR build but still have quite a few questions before making a final decision.

Thanks
I went into Riflegear at about noon time on a Monday and it wasn't that busy but there were customers there. Brian helped me out and we talked for about 10-15mins before I made my decision on what Daniel Defense carbine to buy.

When I went to pick it up on a Saturday 1hr before closing they were very busy! If you can go on a weekday.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Its kind of hard to say... Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays are our busiest days, but basically all days are hit or miss. We've had random Tuesdays that are swamped and that same Friday will be dead. I think your best bet would be Tuesday through Thursday.

Don't worry about the timing though, when you're up, we'll take care of you as best we can. If you have a lot of questions sometimes bringing a list helps as most people forget most of the questions they have by the time they get in the store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballdad View Post

Thanks

Gear On Sale
Contact Us
Follow Us On: Facebook - Instagram
Old 06-29-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riflegear View Post
Its kind of hard to say... Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays are our busiest days, but basically all days are hit or miss. We've had random Tuesdays that are swamped and that same Friday will be dead. I think your best bet would be Tuesday through Thursday.

Don't worry about the timing though, when you're up, we'll take care of you as best we can. If you have a lot of questions sometimes bringing a list helps as most people forget most of the questions they have by the time they get in the store.
Thanks. I might just plan a sick day and take a trip out there on the 7th.
Maybe there will be some 4th of July specials that week .
Old 06-29-2010, 4:19 PM

Had 2 orders delivered this week , super fast shipping .
Old 07-03-2010, 12:14 PM
CGN Contributor

Thumbs up

One phone call was all it took...
I had just about given up on the idea of building my own rifle. I'd called and/or visited all of the shops local to me in the IE. I'd done my homework. I knew what I was looking for. I knew the lingo. Yet, I got nowhere. Had I forgotten to give the password? Was there a secret handshake? What had I missed?

You see, I knew my progress would be slow (I'm house poor), and I just couldn't bear the thought of having to deal with these shops and their poor attitudes & lousy service over and over again during the course of my build. What was I gonna do?

As a last ditch effort, I ended up calling RifleGear. What do I mean by "last ditch"? Well, in order to get there I'd have to use some combination of the following: I-10, SR-60, I-215, I-15, SR-71, SR-91, SR-241, SR-133, SR-55, SR-57, I-405 (and yes, I know all the back roads; I drive for a living).
...and there it was. In an instant - and over the phone, no less - I had found what was missing; enthusiasm, courtesy, product knowledge. I could hardly believe it. Two days later I found myself at RifleGear purchasing the first part for my build (a Noveske lower). What had been conveyed over the phone was multiplied in person at the shop.

My hat is off to the guys (and gals) at RifleGear. They got it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeaglory View Post
oooh weee hot damn this is a dandy rifle mmhmm lets go get some fried taters
Old 12-28-2010, 2:10 PM

I just wanted to thank you guys again. Walked in to pick up one, left with three and a bunch of accessories. Always fun.

Keep up the good work.
Old 12-28-2010, 2:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by localguy View Post
Cheers for the easy PPT transaction
+1 Drove all the way from SD and I was very happy with the customer service. Keep up the good work!
"The warrior doesn't switch that off. He tones it down based on the threat, but he's still alert and prepared. He constantly thinks and evaluates what he is doing so he can outsmart the opposition all the time - Matt Larsen"
Old 12-30-2010, 9:30 AM

The guys at Riflegear rock.

Due to a screw up with UPS, my lower was returned to Riflegear. They dropped the ball by not contacting me about the return, so my lower sat on a desk for a week.

When I called to find out what happened, both Kevin and Elvin were real apologetic and asked me how they could make things right.

Well, I told them that if the price was right, I would like to buy a second lower. Elvin just called back and offered me a JD lower for $80, $19.99 off their sale price.

Even though this was my first order with Riflegear, and it got messed up, their follow through service will keep me as a happy returning customer.
Old 12-30-2010, 9:45 AM

Awesome company... Matt was very helpfull!
Old 02-05-2011, 3:29 PM

Thanks Rifle Gear just completed my AR build with 95% of the parts coming from your store. Picked up a Rifle Gear 16" mid length today it fits great on the Mega lower. David was very helpful, as have all the crew every time I've been in the store .
So now my first AR is complete. I spent a bit more than planned but I'm happy with the quality of all my parts and service I received.
Jim
Old 02-06-2011, 1:28 AM

Thumbs up

I had a couple of rocky experiences with RG some time ago. They were apparently flukes.

The last few of times I have gone to their shop have been 100% positive.

Earlier today I went in to buy a few small parts to complete an AR lower build. I asked for parts X, Y, and Z at which point the sales rep asked me; "Do you by any chance also need parts A and B for your build?".

Arrrgh... Yep, I sure do need them. Thanks for asking, you saved me a return trip!

Polite, professional, knowledgeable, and no "Gun Store Employee" attitude.

BTW:

LOVE the new shop / location and wish you nothing but success there. I have been going to the Fry's next door for... a long time... and have seen several businesses come and go in that unit, I truly hope yours "takes" and succeeds in that location.

Last edited by TenSeven; 02-06-2011 at 1:33 AM..
Old 02-11-2011, 6:15 PM

Default Had excellent service on a recent transfer!

I recently bought an Arsenal SGL-21 AK47 and Riflegear made the transfer a breeze. They also fitted me up with a BB to make the rifle compliant with its pistol grip and installed it for me as well.

I'm loving the sling recommendation as well. Great guys and I'll definitely come back for my AR build. Thanks again!
Old 02-15-2011, 9:32 PM

Not only are David, Zach, and Matt some of the more friendly and knowledgable gun store employees you will ever run into, or have the pleasure of doing business with, but Riflegear carries everything you'd ever need for your AR. Their exceptional service and wide array of items keeps me coming in probably more than I should. Thanks guys for all the custom work, especially the Knights Trigger Guard that David fit on my lower. Won't ever find me going anywhere else for my AR needs.

-Andrew

Last edited by becktherecce; 02-15-2011 at 9:32 PM.. Reason: added word
Old 03-29-2011, 4:11 PM

The best shop in the OC, probably in the whole So Cal region, but I wouldn't know because I don't go anywhere else locally.

These guys are the best.
Old 03-29-2011, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbimmers View Post
Just want to give props to RifleGear. In recent months 5 of us found out about the bullet button loop hole and started building our CA legal AR's. RifleGear did a great job in helping us in our mad rush to complete our rifles! You can expect a great selection, great pricing, and best of all great service. They know there stuff too!!

I've bought from them face to face and via mail.
I'm a fan of Riflegear too. I bought my Sig 556 Swat rifle from them and they were great. If I was buying another gun, it would be my first stop.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:28 PM

I'm all the way in NorCal and order from your web site. The order came on time and tracking made easy. I will order from them again I have my eye on something I really want. It would be great to have a second store up here eh?
Old 04-17-2011, 12:23 AM

Drove down to their shop to check it out and pick up some parts for my AR build.
Friendly people and a really great selection of parts and firearms.
I wish I had a shop like this in the bay area.

Last edited by norcal240; 04-25-2011 at 12:28 AM..
Old 04-22-2011, 12:58 PM

Default Best customer service!

I got my first AR here and the staff are helpful, unlike the other gunstore with staff that are rude and arrogant. I will definitely recommend this store and go back for my future purchases. Kudos to Matt for great customer service!
Old 05-09-2011, 8:51 PM

THANK YOU RIFLE GEAR!

Here's a picture, post circumcision.

Looking forward to going to the range this weekend with a good friend of mine!

Thanks for doing the transfer for me. And all the guys at the shop were friendly and helpful. Oogled the 308 ars and thats next for sure. Gotta sell a few things to get one. Its on my to do list in 2011!
Old 05-11-2011, 3:55 PM

Default Great guys

I want to recommend these guys. Nothing but great service, on the phone and in person. Went to buy my AR and they were super cool - not just the guy working with me, but I also overheard the other customer service. If you're in SoCal within striking distance, give them your business.
Old 06-15-2011, 1:57 PM

I was in about an hour ago to pick up a mag and grip. Spoke with Matt for a bit about machining and making lowers from scratch. He helped me with my PPT earlier this week on a Supernova. Both times were great. I expect to spend way too much cash there in the future.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:12 AM

Placed order Monday, delivered wed.- definitely satisfied with their service!
Old 11-10-2011, 7:44 PM

Excellent service!!! Bought the 18" predatAR 7.62 on Sunday, was so excited about getting it, I forgot the person's name that helped me, well not even sure if I got his name. All I know was he had a shirt that said "got Seoul?" haha. Wednesday needs to hurry up and come!! The hour or so drive from temecula is more than worth it just to go to rifle gear, even if I don't walk out with anything!!Thanks again guys!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:37 PM

I have spent a lot of money at Riflegear and will continue to do so in the future. Great shop, competitive prices, and customer service
Old 01-04-2012, 9:40 PM

Amazing service and products. My riflegear lower & upper have performed flawlessly thus far and get a lot of compliments at the range.

Additionally today I was buying more stuff and Austin (employee) noticed on my driver's license it was my birthday a few days prior - he hooked me up with a free riflegear t-shirt. It's this kind of stuff that sets them apart from everyone else. I've been there at least half a dozen times now and every experience has been first-rate.
Old 01-08-2012, 7:58 PM

Drive down today to do some returns and it was handled great! With the exception the computers were down. It was a pleasant experience and the guys there were great! It was a bit crowded. But that's a good thing! On the items I purchased I got some d&h 10 round mags and checked them when I got home and they hold 11 rounds I called back and again they steeped up and are sending me different mags and I will return these now that's customer service!

Thanks guys at riflegear! Thanks Sonny for the help today!
There's danger lurking around every corner, that's why I propose we make all of our buildings round.
Old 04-05-2012, 3:33 PM

Adding to this... RG online orders are awesome too! My first order of 10/20 Pmags was so fast, inexpensive, and worked so great I ordered more last night... they shipped today. That is service.

Great job Riflegear!

+
Old 04-06-2012, 4:51 PM

Ah look what showed up in the mail today... my order. Thank you!
Old 04-18-2012, 9:34 AM

Yep- ordered my Spikes buffer from RG on Friday night I think? Got it Tuesday. Very happy with order processing time.

http://howtomakeeverything.com/CD3WD/INDEX.HTM
http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=7.62x39
http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957
Old 05-12-2012, 11:35 AM

Just wanted to thank the guys at RifleGear. I went in this week to start the DROS on my new LMT lower and the the guys took time to help me out. This in spite of my arriving just shortly before closing time. The process was quick and I even had time to purchase a new Sig as well. Thanks for the great Customer Service and attention to detail.
Old 06-17-2012, 3:08 PM

Went there for the first time to buy a shotgun and their service in person is just as good with ordering online!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by advan031 View Post
Went there for the first time to buy a shotgun and their service in person is just as good with ordering online!!!
Hey advan031,

Thank you for the kind words!

-Team RifleGear

Gear On Sale
Contact Us
Follow Us On: Facebook - Instagram
Old 07-17-2012, 4:16 PM

wow, ordered on the weekend, shipped monday, got here tuesday morning. Just wow...

*placed 2 more orders hours apart, then tried to throw them a curve ball by asking them to ship the 2 separate orders together. I thought surely it would take more time, but they shipped just as fast as the first order. So few places these days offer such good service. They excel like Michael @ EBRworks but in their own more web based way. I cannot give a higher complement, as Michael is the quintessential perfect gun salesman.

Last edited by rally200; 07-27-2012 at 8:23 PM.. Reason: ordered 2x more - they rocked again
Old 07-17-2012, 6:35 PM

Just went in today to pick up my Springfield. As expected the entire Riflegear staff was very helpful, especially Austin and Sunny. Riflegear continues to be my primary gunshop in the socal area.

Jasper
Old 07-27-2012, 9:14 AM

I had an easy tranfer there in the past, great guys...Might just head there for next gun
Old 08-23-2012, 9:14 PM

Best place to buy a rifle in LA/OC area is Riflegear. They have the best selection of rifles and accessories. Very friendly staff and they even do gunsmith work!

I always bring my AR-15 in when I need work done and on a few occasions, when the jobs were small, they didn't even charge me for labor. Stuff like that makes me want to give them more of my money.

+1 Riflegear

Last edited by Miked83; 08-23-2012 at 9:17 PM..