Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 07-05-2022, 12:52 PM

Default Gascon

Twenty years ago you get shot by a gang member who is later convicted of one count of murder and two counts of attempt murder with gang and gun enhancements. The district attorney assures you that the convict will have to serve 85 years before eligible for parole. Then Gascon arrives to save the day and low and behold the convict is allowed a parole hearing sixty years short of the eighty five promised. The uninformed people of Los Angeles county voted for this I hope they are happy and reap what they sow.
Old 07-05-2022, 1:53 PM

Well one thing for sure. That scumbag won't venture far from home to commit his future crimes. He'll stick close to Daddy Gascon.
Old 09-10-2022, 12:28 PM

Had parole hearing yesterday via video on first of three convicts who were convicted of murder and attempted murder with gang enhancements. During initial proceedings the commissioner made verbal note that the Los Angeles District Attorneys office did not have a representative present, but the convict got an attorney. You are on your own as a victim.
Old 09-11-2022, 9:35 AM
Veteran Member

D.A. “gasCONMAN”

It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 09-11-2022, 1:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack661 View Post
Had parole hearing yesterday via video on first of three convicts who were convicted of murder and attempted murder with gang enhancements. During initial proceedings the commissioner made verbal note that the Los Angeles District Attorneys office did not have a representative present, but the convict got an attorney. You are on your own as a victim.

Please look into this organization. It is founded and led by the former Secretary for the California state prisons. I recently heard a guest speaker whose two sons were murdered and this organization helped advocate for her -- Stand Up for Victims -- https://standupforvictims.com/
Old 09-19-2022, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member

I bet Gascon after 8 years in SF is going to do 8 years in LA and then go for State AG.

I can not believe he was a patrol cop for LAPD once.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Gasc%C3%B3n
Old 09-19-2022, 3:59 PM

Thanks for the dirt, El Che...

It's no wonder when groomed by the same crew of Bratton/ Newsom/ Harris the seed got planted right in our backyard!
Old 09-29-2022, 2:04 AM

And from Attorney General to a run for governor.
Old 09-29-2022, 1:49 PM

Had another parole hearing a few days ago with convict that was convicted of one count homicide and two counts attempted homicide. Term was 114 years to life and here we are with the youthful offender program which was implemented by the state of California. That program allows anyone that was under the age of 26 when he committed the crime to be allowed early release, no matter how bad the offense was. Once again District Attorney Gascon did not send representation for the Los Angeles County district attorney Office. Also it appears that none of the victims were notified of the proceedings in violation of marsy’s law. I know that I was not notified and only found about about parole hearing through my own inquiries. Good news is that the convict was not granted parole and will not get another parole hearing for seven years.
Old 09-30-2022, 8:38 PM

I'm wondering why 2 recall petitions failed to have enough signatures to be on the ballot. Did the wealthy class and businesses in LA, Hollywood, Beverly Hills care very little about crimes? If they invested the money in the recall petitions, then perhaps there would be enough money to hire people to collect signatures.
Old 10-02-2022, 7:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishooter View Post
I'm wondering why 2 recall petitions failed to have enough signatures to be on the ballot. Did the wealthy class and businesses in LA, Hollywood, Beverly Hills care very little about crimes? If they invested the money in the recall petitions, then perhaps there would be enough money to hire people to collect signatures.
The second one got enough signatures. They just decided to all of the sudden become very strict on validating them. The campaign submitted 715,000 signatures and the county registrar invalidated 195,000 of them.

https://www.foxla.com/news/gascon-re...ugh-signatures

Personally, I find it hard to believe that there were that many invalid signatures but our overlords have decreed that we’re not allowed to question elections or else we’re trying to destroy the country…

Gascón is now allegedly retaliating against anyone in the DA’s office who supported the recall at the expense of the victim of the cases those prosecutors have filed.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/los-an...-recall-effort

Old 10-02-2022, 7:27 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilock04 View Post
The second one got enough signatures. They just decided to all of the sudden become very strict on validating them. The campaign submitted 715,000 signatures and the county registrar invalidated 195,000 of them.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/los-an...-recall-effort
Acording to a Reuters article- "88,464 of the rejected signatures were from non-registered voters and 43,593 were from duplicate signatories, according to the RR/CC. About 1.3% of the total petition signatures were invalid because of a mismatch signature."
https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2ZZ0Q6
Old 10-22-2022, 6:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyhog View Post
Acording to a Reuters article- "88,464 of the rejected signatures were from non-registered voters and 43,593 were from duplicate signatories, according to the RR/CC. About 1.3% of the total petition signatures were invalid because of a mismatch signature."
https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2ZZ0Q6
Oh, I guess Reuters is right. LA County would never pull any shenanigans with voting.

Oh wait, what’s this? 39% of the invalidated signature in the sample checked were actually valid. They only need to prove 21% were wrongly invalidated. And it might be even less if they can prove how many dead people are still listed on the voter rolls.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...9#post27360419

Old 10-27-2022, 12:03 PM

Gascon is honestly the least of your problems....
This crazy liberal mind set and attitude has already seeped deeply into majority of California's law enforcement agency.

If you go to any other state besides HI, NY, CA, NJ, and MA, those LE agencies (local, state, and federal) are pretty good.
Old 11-01-2022, 2:45 PM

Gascon is garbage