Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 06-21-2019, 10:51 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammoxaloha View Post
Is there a way to follow up on the status of the background check?
If it hasn't been 6 months I'd just wait. Sometimes it happens really fast but most of the time not.

They are very busy and have a small dedicated team working in the CCW program.

If 6 months have passed you can send Sarah an email.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

”Benitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacity”
Old 06-24-2019, 10:32 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammoxaloha View Post
Is there a way to follow up on the status of the background check?
Call or email them, asking about your status.

However, do not contact them until after 90 days from your interview.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 06-28-2019, 3:39 PM

I'm getting everything ready for my interview and I have a couple of questions.

On the "initial instructions" page it says to bring the 2 money orders and:

Notarized Form
Employment/Residency Form
Drivers License
Birth Certificate
Utility Bill
Tax Bill, Property Deed, etc

On the FAQ's page it also says to complete all the other forms:

Employment Verification
Domestic Violence Disclosure
Pre-Background Interview
Verification or Concealed Weapons

I'm assuming the Employment Verification is mailed to my work and the Verification of Concealed Weapons is done at the range but when are the other two collected/submitted. Doesn't say to bring these to the interview.

I just don't want any surprises.
Old 06-28-2019, 3:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny1 View Post
I'm getting everything ready for my interview and I have a couple of questions.

On the "initial instructions" page it says to bring the 2 money orders and:

Notarized Form
Employment/Residency Form
Drivers License
Birth Certificate
Utility Bill
Tax Bill, Property Deed, etc

On the FAQ's page it also says to complete all the other forms:

Employment Verification
Domestic Violence Disclosure
Pre-Background Interview
Verification or Concealed Weapons

I'm assuming the Employment Verification is mailed to my work and the Verification of Concealed Weapons is done at the range but when are the other two collected/submitted. Doesn't say to bring these to the interview.

I just don't want any surprises.
Fill out all of the forms and take them with you to the interview. Make copies of all of your "original" documents you are using for verification. That includes your drivers license. I also made copies of everything else. I don't remember which form it was but they wanted a copy and luckily I had one for them.

Quote:

Last edited by morrcarr67; 06-28-2019 at 3:55 PM..
Old 06-28-2019, 6:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by user1944 View Post
I had a marijuana possession ticket issued to me 7-8 years ago that was dismissed in court. Will this disqualify me from getting the CCW License? Should I even bother applying?
No.
Yes.
Old 06-28-2019, 8:16 PM

I'm hoping you guys and gals will have some advice for me.

I had my interview April 30th, gave them all of the paperwork they asked for, chatted with the officer for awhile and it seemed liked everything was going great. I just received a letter in the mail stating that my request for a CCW has been denied because of findings in my background check. This is why I am confused.

I haven't had a ticket or interaction with the police in over 10 years, I have a degree, have been employed since I graduated, I pass every background check when I purchase firearms, and I even just got off of a jury I was selected for after I answered my jury duty notice. I have no idea what would cause me to have bad moral character.

Do I have any recourse here? The letter states that they won't tell me what they found, and I don't know what to appeal if they won't tell me. Any help with what my next move should be would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Last edited by David1523; 06-28-2019 at 9:34 PM..
Old 06-29-2019, 6:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1523 View Post
I'm hoping you guys and gals will have some advice for me.

I had my interview April 30th, gave them all of the paperwork they asked for, chatted with the officer for awhile and it seemed liked everything was going great. I just received a letter in the mail stating that my request for a CCW has been denied because of findings in my background check. This is why I am confused.

I haven't had a ticket or interaction with the police in over 10 years, I have a degree, have been employed since I graduated, I pass every background check when I purchase firearms, and I even just got off of a jury I was selected for after I answered my jury duty notice. I have no idea what would cause me to have bad moral character.

Do I have any recourse here? The letter states that they won't tell me what they found, and I don't know what to appeal if they won't tell me. Any help with what my next move should be would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
I would certainly contact them and see if there are any options to appeal. Out of curiosity do you know if your employer submitted back their questionnaire on you, and if it was positive? Do you have a good relationship with your neighbors? What was your good cause statement, etc? If you know your background is clean, those are the only other things I can think of.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingShooter View Post
I would certainly contact them and see if there are any options to appeal. Out of curiosity do you know if your employer submitted back their questionnaire on you, and if it was positive? Do you have a good relationship with your neighbors? What was your good cause statement, etc? If you know your background is clean, those are the only other things I can think of.

The letter states I have 10 days to submit a written appeal, I just don’t know what I am appealing to write about.

I have an email in with my employer and I’m waiting to hear back from him today, I told him I was applying and that they would be contacting him so it wasn’t a surprise. I have a good relationship with pretty much all of my neighbors, except one, and that isn’t a bad relationship we just don’t have any contact, they’re pretty private.

My good cause statement was that I wanted to protect myself and my family, and that I am realtor and this puts me in unfamiliar neighborhoods meeting people I don’t know, usually at night. The officer interviewing me read it and said that everything seemed good to go.

Both my parents work/worked for the lasd, I’ve never been arrested, I just have no idea what they could have found.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
The letter states I have 10 days to submit a written appeal, I just don’t know what I am appealing to write about.

I have an email in with my employer and I’m waiting to hear back from him today, I told him I was applying and that they would be contacting him so it wasn’t a surprise. I have a good relationship with pretty much all of my neighbors, except one, and that isn’t a bad relationship we just don’t have any contact, they’re pretty private.

My good cause statement was that I wanted to protect myself and my family, and that I am realtor and this puts me in unfamiliar neighborhoods meeting people I don’t know, usually at night. The officer interviewing me read it and said that everything seemed good to go.

Both my parents work/worked for the lasd, I’ve never been arrested, I just have no idea what they could have found.
Very strange. Good luck, hopefully you can get it sorted out.
Old 06-29-2019, 1:04 PM

Quote:

Are there any ex-wives or girl friends that you have a bad relationship with?
Do you have or have you had in the past a medical MJ card?

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain
Old 06-29-2019, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
Are there any ex-wives or girl friends that you have a bad relationship with?
Do you have or have you had in the past a medical MJ card?
No bad ex’s, and I am currently in my first marriage so no ex wives around. I also have never had a marijuana card.

I was reading some older threads in here where people were trying to hide stuff, but I honestly have nothing to hide and am genuinely confused on what could have gone wrong.
Old 06-29-2019, 4:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
No bad ex’s, and I am currently in my first marriage so no ex wives around. I also have never had a marijuana card.

I was reading some older threads in here where people were trying to hide stuff, but I honestly have nothing to hide and am genuinely confused on what could have gone wrong.
Do you have a common name? Have you checked the other people with your name? Who do you interact with on Facebook?

You say you've never had a MJ card.

DON'T ANSWER

Do you currently smoke wacky cigarettes? Are the windows open? Can your neighbors smell it?

You say that you are on your first marriage. Everything good with the wife? Can the neighbors here if things are not going well with the wife?

I had checked my name and knew there was at least one other me in southern California. We have different middle names and I always use my middle initial in everything. I made sure to let the deputy know to make sure that he used my middle initial in his background check.

Quote:

Old 06-29-2019, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
Do you have a common name? Have you checked the other people with your name? Who do you interact with on Facebook?

DON'T ANSWER

Do you currently smoke wacky cigarettes? Are the windows open? Can your neighbors smell it?

You say that you are on your first marriage. Everything good with the wife? Can the neighbors here if things are not going well with the wife?

I had checked my name and knew there was at least one other me in southern California. We have different middle names and I always use my middle initial in everything. I made sure to let the deputy know to make sure that he used my middle initial in his background check.

I’ll have to check into others with my name. The only thing I can think of is that i might have a cii because I was finger printed and live scanned as a step in receiving my real estate license with the state, which I passed, but it’s not for anything criminal.

And for everything else it’s a no, my neighbor actually does smoke marijuana and he’s pretty open about it, but I do not use it.
Old 06-29-2019, 5:01 PM

Quote:
The officer interviewing me read it and said that everything seemed good to go.
Do you have that officer's contact info? If so, then ping them.

If not, get a letter in under the 10-day time line stating everything (positive) you've said here. You're pleading the case here, but we can't overturn the decision.
Old 07-02-2019, 5:35 AM

Well it happened.

I followed the advice I got here and this is what I got for my troubles.

I renewed my permit. and it came 3 weeks or so early.

Wasn't valid until today. So the question becomes what to do.

I asked here and was told to:
A.) Carry both
B.) Set a reminder thingie on my smarter than me smartphone.

I paced the floor, wringing my hands, carefully considering all aspects of the choices.
Carrying both seems heavy and with my back could cause longterm damage.

Setting the reminder thingie seems difficult and could set off a chain reaction by the noise police. So I googled how to set a reminder with an silent alarm.

Just minutes ago.....
It happened
My rear pants pocket started to vibrate, my phone rocking and a rolling.

Grabbing my phone, thinking it is gonna blow, my phone that is.
I look at the screen only to see those words

Hey Old Man, didja change ur permit yet?

Works like a chaem.

Thanks guys

'Merica!
Old 07-02-2019, 7:18 AM

I knew what you were posting about before I even opened this thread! But thanks for the reminder, I have been carrying both, time to lighten the load!
Old 07-02-2019, 8:14 AM

@Old Marine: I’m impressed that you had the phone.

Mine keeps misplacing itself.
Old 07-02-2019, 8:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notpc View Post
I knew what you were posting about before I even opened this thread! But thanks for the reminder, I have been carrying both, time to lighten the load!

So what you are saying is I am predictable and you have a strong back!

Show off!
Old 07-02-2019, 8:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
@Old Marine: I’m impressed that you had the phone.

Mine keeps misplacing itself.
The phone is not misplacing itself, it is simply allowing the processor to cool off with all the super highway internets of world web surfing you do.
Old 07-02-2019, 8:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
The phone is not misplacing itself, it is simply allowing the processor to cool off with all the super highway internets of world web surfing you do.
You know....you may have something there. I’ll check my usage logs next time I find the phone.
Old 07-04-2019, 7:10 AM

Quick question, is the abbreviated SBSD on the postal money orders acceptable or does it need to be spelled out?

Aligning all Ducks.
Old 07-04-2019, 7:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny1 View Post
Quick question, is the abbreviated SBSD on the postal money orders acceptable or does it need to be spelled out?

Aligning all Ducks.
Pretty sure that is the way I have done it for 20+ years with no issue.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain
Old 07-04-2019, 2:22 PM

Happy 4th of July brothers and sisters!

Does anyone know if you can carry at kaboom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2019, 8:03 AM

I have an interview on the 23 of this month.... What do i need to bring?
Old 07-05-2019, 8:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obpwankel View Post
NOTICE: BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS AND DOCUMENTS TO THE INTERVIEW at
655 E. Third Street, San Bernardino, CA. 92415:
A. Notarization Form (notarized no more than 30 days prior to interview),
Employment/Residence History Form.
B. ORIGINAL (plus one copy) of the following (NO EXCEPTIONS or you will have to
reschedule):
1. California Driver’s License OR current active military ID and original state ID
2. County certified Birth Certificate or Naturalization papers/certificate
3. Current utility bill in YOUR name with service address (Must be gas, water, electric
or trash. We DO NOT ACCEPT cable bills, phone/internet bills, or “past due” bills)
4. Current property tax bill, Grant Deed or Rental Agreement in your name (if you
do not have any of these, please contact Employee Resources)
5. County certified marriage certificate for each marriage (if you have ever used a
different last name or to add a spouse’s gun to your permit)
6. Military discharge DD214 form, including discharge status
C. Two separate postal money orders (from the Post Office) made payable to the
San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department (SBSD), due at the time of your
interview.
(1) Fingerprinting - $119.00 (postal money order only)
(2) 20% of the administrative / background fees - $31.20 (postal money
order only)

http://wp.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/wp-co...structions.pdf
Old 07-05-2019, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Did you read the info in the application?

― Mark Twain
Old 07-07-2019, 1:38 AM

Always appeal, one has nothing to lose. I got 4 out of 7 permits approved in SD county. Initially 5 were denied and I always appealed. " I am shocked, saddened and dismayed at the dismissal of my request for CCW. I have a reputation of good and honor in the community and I feel there must be some miscommunication or disinformation you have heard about me. Please give me recourse to plead my good faith and character". You got to fight for yourself, no body else cares.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:02 PM

Ok easy peazy. So after interview, how long does it take to know you're approved or not?
Old 07-08-2019, 12:14 PM

Also do i need get this "rejection" letter from my local PD? I live in fontana. Not sure if still a thing
Old 07-08-2019, 1:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Ok easy peazy. So after interview, how long does it take to know you're approved or not?
It can take up to 6 months. Just sit back relax and go do some shooting.

Quote:
Also do i need get this "rejection" letter from my local PD? I live in fontana. Not sure if still a thing
No longer a thing; don't worry about it.

Quote:

Old 07-08-2019, 4:30 PM

Where can i get a copy of my property tax bill? I went to the sbd tax collector site but i dont see it.
Old 07-08-2019, 4:49 PM

https://www.mytaxcollector.com/trSea...J19Hp3mj4oI2nN
Old 07-08-2019, 4:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Where can i get a copy of my property tax bill? I went to the sbd tax collector site but i dont see it.
Ask your wife or significant other. I looked all over for mine and she pulled it right out of our income tax folder.,

Look with your tax return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run
Old 07-08-2019, 4:50 PM

Quote:
You may need to go to the office on Hospitality Lane.

― Mark Twain
Old 07-09-2019, 8:16 AM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
There is a link on the website, I did it.
Old 07-09-2019, 8:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
There is a link on the website, I did it.
Looks like you can print the current bill.
LINK

― Mark Twain
Old 07-09-2019, 11:02 AM

Yea not sure why mine wont show current or past bill, but i called and they gonna mailed it to me. I hope it gets here before the 23rd!
Old 07-09-2019, 5:20 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

If it's not there on your interview date they will work with you, you might have to come back and drop it off a day or two later or whatever but they aren't looking to deny you on a technicality. My buddy didn't have his real marriage cert (he had the silly one from the church) and so we had to go out to Norwalk to apply for it... it took a couple weeks but he ended up taking the same class and got his permit the same time as our other friend who applied the same day. Worst case as mentioned you can drive a couple miles from there to Hospitality Way and get one that day probably. Or just go in there that day before your interview time if it's not too early.

Our saying is: Johnny Mac's got your back.
Old 07-10-2019, 8:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post

DON'T ANSWER

Aren't you supposed to use your full middle name on your application?
Old 07-10-2019, 9:07 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMarquez View Post
Aren't you supposed to use your full middle name on your application?
It doesn't say specifically. It's always best to use your full name.

Thing is how often do you use your full middle name when applying for, signing for, or anything else that they may be able to track?

In my case I ALWAYS use my middle initial. All my CC's have my middle initial. All my employment records are with my middle initial. My medical records at Kaiser have my middle initial.

Which is why I told the deputy to make sure he searched for my name with my middle initial.

And if you're wondering why I use my middle initial in everything it's because I have the same middle name as my grandfather. I'm very proud of that and show that by using it all the time.

Quote: