Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
I, whose opinion matters not in the big scheme, agree; NY's responses on this case reek of desperation. Both the city and their cohorts at the state level are back pedaling furiously now that they perceive the very real chance they could lose the gun control battle at SCOTUS. It was all great for them and regular citizen rights meant nothing as long as they (the city) could count on a win in the liberal slanted NY courts and at 2CA. Now they want out, badly.
Like a bunch of rats in a trap about to be lowered into a tub of water.....one can only hope that their anguish results failed health, stress, and misery in general. It's time to pay the fiddler. Their grief is our joy!
Old 07-23-2019, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplaw View Post
NY's "Suggestion of Mootness" TOTALLY fails to address the issue of interstate travel in the grant of Cert. Nor is it a "motion" as required under the rules.

The extension of time has a 50/50 chance. I'm hoping they get B-slapped because they deserve it.
What are you talking about? Suggestions of mootness are explicitly contemplated by Supreme Court Rule 21.2(b), and the city has complied with the dictates of Rule 33.1. Trust me, Jeffrey Fisher knows what he's doing. There won't be any more procedural errors.