Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 07-23-2019, 11:23 AM
I need a LIFE!!

The P220's do not have the CA safety features? (chamber indicator ramp cut into slide, mag safety) ?
Old 07-23-2019, 12:50 PM

Default New to .45 ACP have questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
The P220's do not have the CA safety features? (chamber indicator ramp cut into slide, mag safety) ?

Nope. One of the few real Sigs on the roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by rlewpolar; 07-23-2019 at 1:11 PM..
Old 07-23-2019, 1:00 PM

Default New to .45 ACP have questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DArBad View Post
Wow, I am a die hard 1911 lover, but your post is honestly making me interested.

The real beauty and genius in the P220 design and execution is that you can feed it anything and it will eat it. I love Glocks for their reliability but the P220 is right there and may be even more reliable. I’ve put thousands of rounds through mine (reloads) and they’ve never choked once. I have managed to make my Glocks choke with my reloads though. I know, nothing to brag about

I own three P220s and came close to buying a fourth, that’s how highly I think of them. Here’s the ST version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by rlewpolar; 07-23-2019 at 1:10 PM..
Old 07-24-2019, 8:47 PM

Just an update. I want to thank absolutely everyone in this thread. I learned a hell of a lot asking a question and the out-pour of information was helpful and people were civil. I like this forum a lot.

Tonight, I went and picked up my Bergara B-14 HMR. My DROS went through without a hitch this time!

While I was there, I checked out an XD-45 Tactical and the regular 4.25" barrel version. They had the Gear Up package for the 4.25" but not the Tactical. I liked the Tactical the best, but both felt actually really nice in my hand. I almost bought it (I still might get one), because with the Gear Up it's a good deal (they were $500, but it came with 5 mags, a bag, holster, etc.).

The story does not end there my friends. I would like to thank those of you that recommended the CZ 97B. They had JUST got 6 of them in stock this morning. DESTINY, my friends, destiny, may have been the reason my previous DROS was delayed, so that on this today, 24th of July 2019, I would come in to the shop to pick up my much anticipated Bergara, to find the CZ. I held it in my hand, it fit perfectly, even with the stock wooden grips. The trigger pull was exquisite, both the SA and DA pull, I liked. I hear they can be upgraded as well! I can't wait to see what it would feel like upgraded.

Needless to say, I can't pick it up until mid next month, but I put one of the CZ 97Bs on lay away. I am so stoked. I really appreciate all of the advice everyone gave me here. I will more than likely also get an XD and a 1911 down the road, but the CZ was excellent!

Along with the CZ, I also put an M1A Loaded on Layaway. My wishlist is almost complete. I just need something in 5.56, and an FN Five Seven.

I also got what I feel like is a really good deal on some Hornady 6.5CM ELD Match 140gr, they hooked it up at like $16/box. I got a whole case.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:19 PM

ENJOY your 97b, mine was my first 45 as well....it’s dang accurate out the box. The CZ has mild to wild upgrade path and can also go SAO like 1911.
Old 07-25-2019, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperInExcretiaSumus View Post
Just an update. I want to thank absolutely everyone in this thread. I learned a hell of a lot asking a question and the out-pour of information was helpful and people were civil. I like this forum a lot.

Tonight, I went and picked up my Bergara B-14 HMR. My DROS went through without a hitch this time!

While I was there, I checked out an XD-45 Tactical and the regular 4.25" barrel version. They had the Gear Up package for the 4.25" but not the Tactical. I liked the Tactical the best, but both felt actually really nice in my hand. I almost bought it (I still might get one), because with the Gear Up it's a good deal (they were $500, but it came with 5 mags, a bag, holster, etc.).

The story does not end there my friends. I would like to thank those of you that recommended the CZ 97B. They had JUST got 6 of them in stock this morning. DESTINY, my friends, destiny, may have been the reason my previous DROS was delayed, so that on this today, 24th of July 2019, I would come in to the shop to pick up my much anticipated Bergara, to find the CZ. I held it in my hand, it fit perfectly, even with the stock wooden grips. The trigger pull was exquisite, both the SA and DA pull, I liked. I hear they can be upgraded as well! I can't wait to see what it would feel like upgraded.

Needless to say, I can't pick it up until mid next month, but I put one of the CZ 97Bs on lay away. I am so stoked. I really appreciate all of the advice everyone gave me here. I will more than likely also get an XD and a 1911 down the road, but the CZ was excellent!

Along with the CZ, I also put an M1A Loaded on Layaway. My wishlist is almost complete. I just need something in 5.56, and an FN Five Seven.

I also got what I feel like is a really good deal on some Hornady 6.5CM ELD Match 140gr, they hooked it up at like $16/box. I got a whole case.
I earlier posted a photo of my Les Baer Premier II, a great pistol which I really like. However, my CZ 97B ain't no slouch, either. It's a large beast, but a delight to shoot. I removed the wood grips and put on CZ rubber grips I ordered from CZ (along with a few parts for it and my other CZs). Have fun with yours when you pick it up.

Old 07-25-2019, 2:56 PM

This is probably a stupid question, but what modifications are considered no-go for CA? obviously, I'm not looking to try to convert the CZ to an auto-pistol, but I saw a lot of pictures of CZs where it looks like the slide was either coated or electro-plated and such (it looked rad), and I know CGW offers this sort of service. However, it appears that the Glocks and such in different colors are considered different guns on the roster-- does this mean if I modify the gun's appearance that I have just "manufactured" an unsafe handgun according to state law?

Also, what all is involved in the "Cajunizing" package? I know I want something like trijicon or truglo night sights, eventually, but does it involve upgrading/swapping the barrel? This is all CA legal?
Old 07-25-2019, 3:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Love my CZ97b. If your hands are big enough to handle the 97b, I'd just forget about the XD45. Also love the USP45 and HK45. I find the grip on the USP45 to be very reasonably sized, about as slim as you can get for a doublestack 45. Not oversized at all. I honestly dont understand the gripes about the USP45 grip being too large. Its not nearly as big as the Glock 21sf or 97b with stock grips.

Don't argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. I don't respond to posts/posters that aren't worth responding to.
Old 07-25-2019, 3:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
This is probably a stupid question, but what modifications are considered no-go for CA? obviously, I'm not looking to try to convert the CZ to an auto-pistol, but I saw a lot of pictures of CZs where it looks like the slide was either coated or electro-plated and such (it looked rad), and I know CGW offers this sort of service. However, it appears that the Glocks and such in different colors are considered different guns on the roster-- does this mean if I modify the gun's appearance that I have just "manufactured" an unsafe handgun according to state law?

Also, what all is involved in the "Cajunizing" package? I know I want something like trijicon or truglo night sights, eventually, but does it involve upgrading/swapping the barrel? This is all CA legal?
Yeah it is a stupid question but then again so are CA gun laws. The Roster is irrelevant after you take possession of the gun. What matters are CA "assault weapon" laws. So as long as you dont turn your handgun into an "assault weapon" or short barreled rifle, you can do whatever you want to it. So basically, dont put a threaded barrel in it or any kind of stock or front grip on it.

Don't argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. I don't respond to posts/posters that aren't worth responding to.

Last edited by Tere_Hanges; 07-25-2019 at 3:29 PM..
Old 07-25-2019, 3:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I put one of the CZ 97Bs on lay away. I am so stoked. I really appreciate all of the advice everyone gave me here. I will more than likely also get an XD and a 1911 down the road, but the CZ was excellent!

Along with the CZ, I also put an M1A Loaded on Layaway.
Awesome. Congratulations. Those are both great guns. I have an M1A Loaded Stainless Walnut. Do not have a 97B but if there had been one in stock quite a few times when I wanted one, I would have one. Somehow I ended up with two Baby Eagle .45's... kind of similar I guess, but makes me think I won't get a 97B unless I sell one of the Jerichos. They have great triggers too.

Have fun with the guns.
Old 07-26-2019, 5:22 AM

Try Kimber Custom II .45ACP, pretty decent pistol, currently they are going for $699.
Old 07-26-2019, 6:31 AM

Quote:
Yeah it is a stupid question but then again so are CA gun laws. The Roster is irrelevant after you take possession of the gun. What matters are CA "assault weapon" laws. So as long as you dont turn your handgun into an "assault weapon" or short barreled rifle, you can do whatever you want to it. So basically, dont put a threaded barrel in it or any kind of stock or front grip on it.
Got it. Thank you.

I definitely want to do something with the sights and maybe doing a finish or coating job on it. The shape of the gun is too sweet to just leave it all just blued.

Quote:
Somehow I ended up with two Baby Eagle .45's... kind of similar I guess, but makes me think I won't get a 97B unless I sell one of the Jerichos. They have great triggers too.
Those look sweet, too! They also look reasonably priced.

Quote:
I have an M1A Loaded Stainless Walnut.
Yeah, I was going back and forth between the Walnut and the regular synthetic FDE stock. I ended up going with the FDE stock and blued barrel. I liked the wood stock though, because it reminded me of the rifles I stood watch with-- however, I remember kvetching about how heavy it felt about the 4th or 5th hour slung over my shoulder (so I decided to go with synthetic). The weapons were all 50 years old by the time I got to handle/shoot them, so I am REALLY excited to see how they shoot brand new. I already know it will last.
Old 07-26-2019, 8:30 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I remember kvetching about how heavy it felt about the 4th or 5th hour slung over my shoulder (so I decided to go with synthetic). The weapons were all 50 years old by the time I got to handle/shoot them, so I am REALLY excited to see how they shoot brand new. I already know it will last.
I have another one that has black fiberglass and it is still heavy, hahah.
Old 07-26-2019, 1:26 PM

It's strange, the new ones feel lighter to me. Then again, I do lift more than I used to, both in regards to rate and frequency. Maybe I am finally strong enough to properly use them, heh.
Old 07-26-2019, 2:08 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
It's strange, the new ones feel lighter to me. Then again, I do lift more than I used to, both in regards to rate and frequency. Maybe I am finally strong enough to properly use them, heh.
Yeah, I bet the new non-fiberglass synth stocks are lighter. My fiberglass stocked one is a Socom16 so it is handier feeling for sure (weight, balance, OAL)... cannot pass for light though.