Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-07-2019, 3:46 PM

"Retired Lt Col"

Pretty much all you need to know right there.
Old 06-07-2019, 4:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
LOL you all complain because NRA leadership won't stand up to the Anti's then you all get your panties in a bunch when one of them does.

Just sayin...
LOL
Question to NRA spokesperson
" We know the NRA works directly for the gun industry and sells guns to those who murder children. Will you now stand up against those who want to murder more by using guns with silencers, or will you double cross your members again like you did with bump stocks"?

NRA -- I refuse to answer a snarky question.
Calgunners " See this chicken S refuses to support 2A and suppressors"
Old 06-07-2019, 4:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
LOL you all complain because NRA leadership won't stand up to the Anti's then you all get your panties in a bunch when one of them does.

Just sayin...
He's got my vote -

http://cpac.conservative.org/speakers/willes-lee/

"Lee is an NRA Benefactor and a Ring of Freedom member. His political and legislative focus is the defense and promulgation of our Second Amendment civil rights. He is a Life member of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA)/Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) and Gun Owners of America (GOA); and member of the Hawaii Rifle Association (HRA), Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA), Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL), and ‘BamaCarry. Lee was awarded the SAF 2017 Defender of Liberty Award. Willes supports NRA School Shield program and the NRA Foundation Friends of NRA in multiple states to assist funding of the shooting sports and safety, competitions, and youth scholarships. He has coordinated NRA speakers’ visits, to include several NRA Presidents, directly into the heart of anti-gun territory."

NRA, GOA and SAF member. Which is more than can be said for about 90% of CA gunowners.

No info on the fellow who asked the slanted question though. But folks assume the best of him and dump all over this guy?

CA gun owners sure have their priorities straight.
Old 06-07-2019, 9:22 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmc0844spare View Post
"Retired Lt Col"

Pretty much all you need to know right there.
"Lee is a combat veteran who graduated from the United States Military Academy (USMA) at West Point and was a Ranger and Airborne qualified Armor officer"
Old 06-08-2019, 6:39 AM

I appreciate his service. But his background also leads to this type of response. He is used to commanding people to do what he needs done and the only response is yes sir. That is not the position he is in for the NRA and he needs to take a different attitude towards those that he represents. He may be a great director or a horrible one but his response was poorly done.
Old 06-08-2019, 7:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I've been an NRA member for many, many years so I kind of look at it in this way. I pay my money for them to do a job. That job is to protect my rights. If I have a question I expect a civil answer not some stupid superior attitude that may be fine in the military but not from a person on the board of the NRA. These kind of actions just feed the two tier feel that some have. The rich entitled overseers at the top and the paying peons at the bottom. All because a person in the public eye can't tone down his crap attitude. All large org. have some problems he is one of ours. Teach him how to deal with the public or put him somewhere he won't have to.
Old 06-09-2019, 2:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I see no reason for an NRA member to roll over for an individual with an obvious anti NRA chip on his shoulder.

If anything asking to restate the question was kinder than many including myself would have been !

I would said buzz off snapper head !
Old 06-10-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
"Lee is a combat veteran who graduated from the United States Military Academy (USMA) at West Point and was a Ranger and Airborne qualified Armor officer"
To expand a bit, in my time in the service I worked at a BN level FDC. I hung out with officers ALL DAY. Here was my experience as an E5 dealing with them.

O1 to O3 - Honestly rarely saw an O1 but in general these officers were mission focused and great to work with. Generally did not sweat the little inconsequential bullcrap.

O4-O5 - This was the "Oh **** I gotta start politicking to get to O6" band. Petty inconsequential bullcrap now becomes more important. "Oh, you want the extension cords all wound COUNTER-clockwise around the tent-poles? How silly of me, I thought our priority should be getting these SINCGARS radios up and running so we can talk to the firing batteries. My mistake sir."

O-6 - Overall these guys were actually pretty cool. Some politicking concerns over being a General someday but actually did not care about dusty jump-wings.

O7 - only ever met one O7 a couple of times but by and large he was cool. At least he was to me at my level. Maybe he sweated dusty jump wings only within the officer hierarchy.

So in other words, I view anyone within that O4-O5 range with a healthy dose of "WTF are this guy's actual priorities?"
Old 06-10-2019, 10:27 AM
I need a LIFE!!

FDC
Fire Direction Control ?
Semper Fidelis Sarge !
Old 06-10-2019, 10:51 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
I see no reason for an NRA member to roll over for an individual with an obvious anti NRA chip on his shoulder.

If anything asking to restate the question was kinder than many including myself would have been !

I would said buzz off snapper head !
The NRA can come out in support of banning suppressors tomorrow and you would cheer.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmc0844spare View Post
To expand a bit, in my time in the service I worked at a BN level FDC. I hung out with officers ALL DAY. Here was my experience as an E5 dealing with them.

O1 to O3 - Honestly rarely saw an O1 but in general these officers were mission focused and great to work with. Generally did not sweat the little inconsequential bullcrap.

O4-O5 - This was the "Oh **** I gotta start politicking to get to O6" band. Petty inconsequential bullcrap now becomes more important. "Oh, you want the extension cords all wound COUNTER-clockwise around the tent-poles? How silly of me, I thought our priority should be getting these SINCGARS radios up and running so we can talk to the firing batteries. My mistake sir."

O-6 - Overall these guys were actually pretty cool. Some politicking concerns over being a General someday but actually did not care about dusty jump-wings.

O7 - only ever met one O7 a couple of times but by and large he was cool. At least he was to me at my level. Maybe he sweated dusty jump wings only within the officer hierarchy.

So in other words, I view anyone within that O4-O5 range with a healthy dose of "WTF are this guy's actual priorities?"
Well, do you suppose he started out as an O6 or O7 or as you mentioned a junior Officer of 01 to 03? 2nd Lt is fairly useless, but why isn't this guy given any credit for being a decent Lt or Captain?

Let's say you made it to E-8 or E-9. How'd you like to be called useless, because someone says that's what the Chiefs are like, when they're doing the ROAD routine? First, you may not be like that and even if you were, weren't always like that, right?

It's all beside the point so far as I'm concerned. The guy did his time and he's more involved with gun rights now than 99% of the people calling him an a-hole. Which is typical, whether folks are knocking this guy or NRA, FPC, GOA, SAF, etc. And others here give credence, such as one fellow with all of 90 posts since 2008 (not even in CA) and nearly all of them having nothing to do with guns, but never missing the opportunity to be derogatory.

I bounce around a few other websites and this is pretty much the only one where this or the "NRA sucks" threads get legs. Crabs in a bucket. We're not learning and we shouldn't be surprised at the results.

Last edited by dfletcher; 06-10-2019 at 12:04 PM..
Old 06-10-2019, 12:16 PM

NRA is circling the drain. Old guys will still keep their memberships, fudds and so forth. An organization of that size should have elite level leadership, it's pretty clear they do not. I keep hoping they'll get their act together and they don't. So how do they suppose they're going to bolster membership, or even keep the members they have when they conduct themselves like plebs?
Old 06-10-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Well, do you suppose he started out as an O6 or O7 or as you mentioned a junior Officer of 01 to 03? 2nd Lt is fairly useless, but why isn't this guy given any credit for being a decent Lt or Captain?

Let's say you made it to E-8 or E-9. How'd you like to be called useless, because someone says that's what the Chiefs are like, when they're doing the ROAD routine? First, you may not be like that and even if you were, weren't always like that, right?

It's all beside the point so far as I'm concerned. The guy did his time and he's more involved with gun rights now than 99% of the people calling him an a-hole. Which is typical, whether folks are knocking this guy or NRA, FPC, GOA, SAF, etc. And others here give credence, such as one fellow with all of 90 posts since 2008 (not even in CA) and nearly all of them having nothing to do with guns, but never missing the opportunity to be derogatory.

I bounce around a few other websites and this is pretty much the only one where this or the "NRA sucks" threads get legs. Crabs in a bucket. We're not learning and we shouldn't be surprised at the results.

You are not looking very hard.
Old 06-10-2019, 1:54 PM

A lot of people defending him being an *** just because he is part of a lot of organizations. Why couldn't he answer the question? How hard is it to say "The bump stock thing was different from silencers, we will continue to fight for 2A rights."

Is it a strong leader that cant keep their cool? Someone who flies off the handle at the slightest insult is at the minimum, unprofessional. I could never imagine General Mattis doing something like that. He was always the professional and we should all strive for that.

Nulla Fatere, Omnia Nega, Accusatorem Accusa
Old 06-10-2019, 2:41 PM

Quote:

Yeah to be honest, my original post about "retired Lt Cols" was just a set up for me to post my "officer recap" screed.

Quite certain there are plenty of hard-charging non-a-hole Lt Cols out there. But, stereotyping DOES save time.
Old 06-10-2019, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
FDC
Fire Direction Control ?
Semper Fidelis Sarge !
Fresh Donuts and Coffee...

Lest I try to come across as some hard charging devil dog... I was a peacetime reservist for 6 years, ostensibly running a BN level fire direction control tent for the last 2.

But in reality I drove around in a 5 ton that I had to replace differential oil in every time it stopped, setting up a 3 ring circus of a combat-impractical FDC every day, and [when comms were up] bugging the firing batteries about stuff and ONCE IN AWHILE successfully massing fire of 24 155s on a single target.

So.... Sgt Iceman Colbert I was not.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eta34 View Post
JA308 will defend the NRA no matter what they do. He refuses to allow any criticism or discussion about the organization. He will blindly follow Wayne, no matter what Wayne does. Critique and transparency are healthy. As NRA members, we should expect and demand the best. WE are the NRA, not Wayne and his cronies.

Also, a reminder that JA308 repeatedly has endorsed disarming Democrats and immoral people. Take his statements with a grain of salt. He doesn’t really believe in this 2nd amendment stuff.
QFT
Old 06-11-2019, 2:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmsmgnm View Post
You are not looking very hard.
https://donate.nra.org/donate

Old 06-11-2019, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTT View Post
Wow, we've got some crybabies here. The question was snarky and the response was pretty much what the question deserved.
And you respond with snark over what appears to be an honest question.

What do you think you deserve in response?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YubaRiver View Post
The disrespect started with the NRA and their actions on bump stocks.
Wasn't the NRA instrumental in several other gun control laws, like the national AWB, the 86 MG ban, the GCA, the NFA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECG_88 View Post
A lot of people defending him being an *** just because he is part of a lot of organizations. Why couldn't he answer the question? How hard is it to say "The bump stock thing was different from silencers, we will continue to fight for 2A rights."

Is it a strong leader that cant keep their cool? Someone who flies off the handle at the slightest insult is at the minimum, unprofessional. I could never imagine General Mattis doing something like that. He was always the professional and we should all strive for that.
This! If this asshat is speaking on behalf of an organization and that's the best he can come up with, he doesn't deserve to be leading a goddamn thing.
Old 06-11-2019, 3:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morthrane View Post
And you respond with snark over what appears to be an honest question.

What do you think you deserve in response?

Wasn't the NRA instrumental in several other gun control laws, like the national AWB, the 86 MG ban, the GCA, the NFA...

This! If this asshat is speaking on behalf of an organization and that's the best he can come up with, he doesn't deserve to be leading a goddamn thing.
To each his own opinion but the question was loaded and from someone we know nothing about is mine. The exchange took place on his Facebook page, not that of an organization.

NRA opposed the AW ban legislation of the 1994 Omnibus Crime bill and tried through Representative Brooks to have it stripped. That failed and was replaced with a sunsetting clause. NRA opposed GCA 68 and worked to have it repealed. I can't speak to the 86 MG ban that was passed on a loaded voice vote or NFA 1934.
Old 06-11-2019, 4:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Sir, as an NRA endowment member what is the NRAs position on sound suppressors?

That is a question.

Are you going to" roll over" is a statement and is derogatory and as a statement of fact is WRONG !

the 1986 MG ban was thrown in by NJ --POS Hughes and its likely RR didn't know it was there when he signed the bill that allows people with legally owned firearms to travel trough democrat states w/o being fined and imprisioned .
Even with Hughes the bill was needed !

Last edited by ja308; 06-11-2019 at 4:08 PM..