Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 10-08-2020, 6:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
25lbs of beans 40lbs of rice, lbs, and lbs of canned meat, Chili, spam, corned beef, etc. Water... NEED TO FILL THE 55 GALLON this weekend, but I have RELOADS to test...
BBQ (with a) burner for possible use in the garage... selectively chosen ahead of time... 5Gl. BBQ-"tanks", FULL.

Now I know WHERE I'm FEEDING the teenagers!
Old 10-08-2020, 7:41 PM

Plan for emergencies man made or natural. Always be ready.
Old 10-11-2020, 4:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Let pray this isn't the theme song for upcoming aftermath...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04F4...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-16-2020, 4:23 PM

Prepare for internet outages. Many medium sized conservative youtube sites vaporized in the last 48 hours.

Save IP links to your favorite websites...some rumors about widespread internet outages in general.

Knowing that your life and mine are insignificant to the dark side (think 9/11) expect the metaphoric equivalent of calling in artillery on your own position if it furthers their aims.

Expect distribution problems in the big cities into Jan-Feb. But you guys already know this.

Plan for earthquakes....in NCAL then SCAL. See dutchsinse.
Old 10-17-2020, 7:45 AM
Calguns Addict

"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

ďI didnít know I was a slave until I found out I couldnít do the things I wanted.Ē
Ė Frederick Douglass --
Old 10-17-2020, 8:13 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Youíre drinking Decaf? That stuff will kill you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
I estimate, since it's 10/5, that I am only... 5/31sts ready....

My first .357 Magnum NEAR Full-house reloads ever. This weekend I need to test them.

I NEED to get to work...

Let's PRAY these are just for range use... ... ... sometime in Dec...

We DO have a LEO about 5 doors down too.

Canít somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 10-17-2020, 8:14 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocet5 View Post
Prepare for internet outages. Many medium sized conservative youtube sites vaporized in the last 48 hours.

Save IP links to your favorite websites...some rumors about widespread internet outages in general.

Knowing that your life and mine are insignificant to the dark side (think 9/11) expect the metaphoric equivalent of calling in artillery on your own position if it furthers their aims.

Expect distribution problems in the big cities into Jan-Feb. But you guys already know this.

Plan for earthquakes....in NCAL then SCAL. See dutchsinse.
One of the reasons I prefer bound reloading manuals.

Canít somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 10-17-2020, 9:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbormaster View Post
The nightmare to me is that Trump wins, and demonic rats refuse to accept and continue to find ballots in key states. Trump and the supremes cut off the count and CNN goes live with the uncounted box that would hand it all to Joe. So the left goes mad. Then what?
I think Matt Bracken made the xlnt point to expect power outages from sabatoge. You should check out his series of xlnt conversations with Ferfal on youtube. 8x120 min conversations so far.

I think youtube will take them down at some point.

Key investment: "frangibles"

Here. Play them while working around the shop/house
https://youtu.be/nntQgVQzoVs
Old 10-17-2020, 1:45 PM

Going solar with battery back up for frig and freezer. Getting my Milwaukee MX fuel Carry-On power supply next week for back up as well.
Old 10-17-2020, 4:11 PM

I think it is going to be a land slide victory for Biden and Trump will spin tails of fraud but will have no proof. That wont stop the diatribes. Fighting in the street...I highly doubt it.
Old 10-17-2020, 5:28 PM

Default 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
I think it is going to be a land slide victory for Biden and Trump will spin tails of fraud but will have no proof. That wont stop the diatribes. Fighting in the street...I highly doubt it.
First part I agree, Biden wins, polls have lied sure but they are overwhelming now, and the elites arenít going to put up with a trump anymore. As for violence no. The Right wonít fight.
Old 10-23-2020, 9:23 AM

Race is getting closer - so the media tells us so. The media needs to say this or no one will buy their ads and listen to them.

So we're just about 10 days out now. What are preppers doing?

a. Checked the boat stock, put the stored fuel on board into the car this morning and put fresh 5 gallon can's on board - I keep two on board.

b. Have not been to costco in a while, been saving up a little, and will go this weekend; likely to spend $250 ish on just food items as I don't have any other needs.

c. Sunday I'll swap out the BBQ propane tank for a full one; and take the one I've been using to a local station for a refill.

Now I was thinking about selling some 22LR, but I'm not clear - can I sell only 500 rounds - maybe I should before the end of the month and can I then again after the 1st? IDK I have a lot of that. I wouldn't miss 1000 rounds. I see guys are getting 8 cents a round and up - an extra $80 there are wants / not needs I could fulfill.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
I don't know how much help anyone could be since we have no idea what your current level of preparedness is. Start by trying to anticipate, to the best of your abilities, what the scenario might look like for you. Taking into account your family (Ages, capabilities, needs, etc.), your location, support, etc. Then plan around that.

Normally it takes years to get well prepared, and I'm still not all the way there. But ya gotta start somewhere. Good luck.
You should write a detailed guide to prep and make it a sticky on this forum. Read your post and making a list.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
That might be but I bet I have a better oven.....

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/6...924/osazCW.jpg

Letís get this party started!
freedom week goodies
Old 10-23-2020, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbormaster View Post
Race is getting closer - so the media tells us so. The media needs to say this or no one will buy their ads and listen to them.

So we're just about 10 days out now. What are preppers doing?

a. Checked the boat stock, put the stored fuel on board into the car this morning and put fresh 5 gallon can's on board - I keep two on board.

b. Have not been to costco in a while, been saving up a little, and will go this weekend; likely to spend $250 ish on just food items as I don't have any other needs.

c. Sunday I'll swap out the BBQ propane tank for a full one; and take the one I've been using to a local station for a refill.

Now I was thinking about selling some 22LR, but I'm not clear - can I sell only 500 rounds - maybe I should before the end of the month and can I then again after the 1st? IDK I have a lot of that. I wouldn't miss 1000 rounds. I see guys are getting 8 cents a round and up - an extra $80 there are wants / not needs I could fulfill.
Preparing to bug in. 50 gallons of fresh water. About 4 months of food. Brought my two bug out bags into my house. I keep my one get home bag in my car that's loaded with everything to comfortably survive for 3 days plus get home with landnav and handheld GPS. Always keep at least one car full of fuel, plus I keep two 5 gal gas cans ready to go.

It is not mass civil unrest coming to take my house that I fear. It's them taking over the freeways, roads, gas stations, what have you- that will seriously impact normal day to day life to the point where going to the grocery store may become impossible. If they do take to the roads or streets, hopefully you are not caught in it. Be ready to bail out of your car and hump the rest of the way. When people no longer have that meal they were expecting, or when mom and dad have kids to feed and no food, that's how it will get ugly. Other possibility is a sympthesizer of the cause shutting off water or power or seriously disrupting it.

I think the general population will be fine with a few days of discomfort- whatever the cause. We saw it with COVID. But after three or so days, the weak ones will start to break. At some point, many may decide to 'bug out', but not having their cars full of gas or with gas stations potential out, many won't make it very far and will clog up the main roads.... I think bugging in for as long as possible is the best plan if it is a slow societal collapse. If we are talking waking up one day and it being mad max, I am driving as far and as fast as I can with my 25 gallons of fuel that I have and only using back roads. Have maps and GPS with extra batteries ready to go.

BTW, your marina may become blocked just like my freeways (USCG, USN, or whoever is promoting the unrest). With roads there are options, not so much with a harbor. .

Last edited by Aguy; 10-23-2020 at 3:57 PM..
Old 10-23-2020, 7:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
One of the reasons I prefer bound reloading manuals.
I personally write my min/max/Kosher-tested load data on my 1lb, 4lb, and 8lb jugs with solver/gold sharpies, AND in the bound books.

I am with you though, I like to list data in the bound books, even if I have to write it in the margins... which I do for Universal... for min/max data.

Last edited by the86d; 10-23-2020 at 7:26 PM..