Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 10-07-2013, 6:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
Nazi Germany? Sensationalism at it's finest right there.

You have several personal choices to make. Sell all your guns in fear of a confiscation and have nothing ever again as long as you live in this state.... or keep them and comply with any new laws that allow you to do so... or don't and potentially end up in jail. <shrugs>
Actuly it isnt and used as a major debate point to registration. Nazi germany had a registration which did lead to confiscation a few years later.
Old 10-07-2013, 6:40 PM
Calguns Addict

We will have to agree to disagree then, because any comparison of the modern day USA to Nazi Germany is sensationalist.

Anyway, what will you be selling?
Old 10-07-2013, 6:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
We will have to agree to disagree then, because any comparison of the modern day USA to Nazi Germany is sensationalist.

Yea sorry for tue confusion. I meant to just show examples where registration led to confiscation. Didnt mean to try to compare the two governments.

Ill be selling an AR mega lower / psa upper
And my baby Saiga 7.62 converted at cguns party. FDE/black with a magpul foregrip
Also a additional ar lower i own.
Armalite upper with battle comp/ youngs manufacturing bcg on spikes lower. Aimpoint pro and vickers vtac sling, troy rail. Lots of goodies

Last edited by pacifico23; 10-07-2013 at 6:55 PM..
Old 10-07-2013, 7:29 PM
Banned

I'm not selling anything, I'm leaving. You can call it sensationalist all you want but registration does lead to confiscation, several examples have been cited and of course you ignored most of them except the most extreme. Better question is when has registration NOT led to confiscation
Old 10-07-2013, 7:57 PM
Veteran Member

If you can leave this state, I'm happy for you. But I would request that everyone spend two minutes of their day to contact the governor. If we don't fight for our rights, our soldiers will have died in vein. Only WE can protect our second amendment rights. Don't give up the fight.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason
Old 10-07-2013, 8:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by infringed711 View Post
I'm not selling anything, I'm leaving. You can call it sensationalist all you want but registration does lead to confiscation, several examples have been cited and of course you ignored most of them except the most extreme. Better question is when has registration NOT led to confiscation
His original post only included Nazi Germany. He edited it to add the others (countries) while I was already replying.

And nowhere else in this thread has anyone provided any evidence of a systematic gun confiscation - post registration. I can't ignore what isn't here.

I know plenty of people with registered handguns (including myself) and AW and none of them have been confiscated. Do you know anyone whos had their guns confiscated for reasons other than restraining orders or mental illness?

Does anyone in this thread?
Old 10-07-2013, 9:08 PM
Jbatz
CGN Contributor

Quote:
His original post only included Nazi Germany. He edited it to add the others (countries) while I was already replying.

And nowhere else in this thread has anyone provided any evidence of a systematic gun confiscation - post registration. I can't ignore what isn't here.

I know plenty of people with registered handguns (including myself) and AW and none of them have been confiscated. Do you know anyone whos had their guns confiscated for reasons other than restraining orders or mental illness?

nope. not yet. but if it happens, you know california will be the first to lead the way.
Old 10-07-2013, 9:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Yes you are correct, I was editing when you wrote that, I had a feeling that happened when I saw your response. I want to verify, I read the forums and a brief scan over the important parts of the bill. But doesnt the current bill also lead to direct confiscation? I mean if I'm reading it correctly, we cannot pass them down, sell them, nothing. Once we pass away they have to be turned in.

Last edited by pacifico23; 10-07-2013 at 9:17 PM..
Old 10-07-2013, 9:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by someR1 View Post
If you can leave this state, I'm happy for you. But I would request that everyone spend two minutes of their day to contact the governor. If we don't fight for our rights, our soldiers will have died in vein. Only WE can protect our second amendment rights. Don't give up the fight.
I honestly have given up the fight. For me Ive come to the realization that we are the 1% the one who gives a crap about 2nd amend rights in cali. 90% dont even KNOW what the 2nd amend is in its entirety and think its an outdated idea. The other 9% suck Jon Stewarts and Bill Maher's schlong. As sad as it is, people think the 2nd amend is an outdated idea as well an unwilling to fight a tyrannical government if it ever came to it, "because its too hard and they have bombs". Nowadays this is the thought process of the general American population and has been contributed to the uneducated, but nevertheless it is now the new norm and acceptable thought in society.

But after the past year. And seeing it outside a gun owner and history nut perspective.. Why would I fight for such a country or people? Screw em. I wouldn't fight for the broken godforsaken guise of what is America. The system is broken. And worse yet, the majority of the people don't give a damn about liberties and freedoms. Just what can the government do for me. We just protest on reddit and youtube the infringements on our freedoms. WAYYY too much effort to do more than that for Americans.

Last edited by pacifico23; 10-07-2013 at 9:34 PM..
Old 10-07-2013, 9:41 PM
Calguns Addict

I just checked SB-374 and what it changes and I don't see anything related to getting rid of them. So just going off of memory here... you can in fact sell them to any CA FFL with an AW permit or sell them out of state but you might have to transfer it via an in state FFL with AW permit. You can't ship it yourself.

I believe you are correct in that you can not pass down or inherit an RAW, but that is true of current RAWs anyway. When you die your next of kin will be given the choice of turning them in for destruction or getting them sold out of state. There is a 30 or 90 day window for this.

If you ever find yourself in poor health, transport them out of state. When/if you pass your next of kin (if they still live in CA) can legally inherit them, they just can't bring them back into the state. If your next of kin live out of state I don't see any reason why they can't inherit them or you can't will them to someone in a state where they are legal.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:01 PM

all I hear is im going to move and all this bullshot . if it passes here god forbid how long before the rest of the states fall in line or is forced to? I bet not long (sheeple)
Old 10-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 blazer View Post
all I hear is im going to move and all this bullshot . if it passes here god forbid how long before the rest of the states fall in line or is forced to? I bet not long (sheeple)
California and New York are not known as the progressive states for no reason. Usually what happens in NY and CA follows through the rest of country.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:29 PM

what am i doing about it?

i went out and bought another AR15 today lol.....

i do have 2 extra ARs that i could sell for double should a panic ensue hehe...

no but in all seriously i have sent several personally written letters and called, emailed from several different accounts, plus share with all my gun owner friends. not much else i could do except join a protest or something...

plus the fiancee has been hinting that she might have a job in south or north carolina in 2015, so I'm hoping that i can just transfer and finally be able to buy 30round and SBR!!
Old 10-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 blazer View Post
This is only Obama's 1st year of his second term. Plenty of time to screw us over. And as long as Feinstein bathes in the blood of the innocent, she'll live forever.
"When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

"Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X
Old 10-08-2013, 7:52 AM
Veteran Member

five more days

KEEP UP THE PRESSURE !

- George Mason
Old 10-08-2013, 10:04 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I thought this was enacted or vetoed by the tenth?
Old 10-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Calguns Addict

13th
Old 10-08-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSICK View Post
And as long as Feinstein bathes in the blood of the innocent, she'll live forever.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOooooo..... .

You mind if I quote you on that? That was awesome...
Old 10-08-2013, 5:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roentgen View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOooooo..... .

You mind if I quote you on that? That was awesome...
Of course not. If there was a ghoul in congress, she would be the poster figure.
"When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

"Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X
Old 10-08-2013, 5:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Ok, how about comparing to Canada then?
http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/ar...-equals-c.aspx

Seriously history repeats itself!

Soon you may be able to have your guns confiscated if you get a 3rd DUI.

Last edited by Justintoxicated; 10-08-2013 at 5:54 PM..
Old 10-08-2013, 6:04 PM
CGSSA Associate

Location: We will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them w/o doing anything

Quote:

Ive had my RAW since '00 and nary a black helicopter or late night knock on the door from any agency.

If it passes and you choose not to register, you have essentially "confiscated" your firearm since you will never be able to legally use or possess it in CA. You will be confined to drawing the blinds late at night and admiring your collection in the privacy of your home.

Me, I choose to shoot my guns.
Old 10-08-2013, 6:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Called the Gov again today and actually got to speak with a nice young woman. She listened to what I had to say and said she would pass along the info to the Gov.

Told her to ask him to veto all legislation banning, or attempting to restrict ownership of any type of guns or ammo, and all bills related to any type of registration requirements for law abiding citizens!

Hope she really tells him!!

Gonna email again later too. And call tomorrow, and the next day, and the next...

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Old 10-08-2013, 6:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musick View Post
Ive had my RAW since '00 and nary a black helicopter or late night knock on the door from any agency.

If it passes and you choose not to register, you have essentially "confiscated" your firearm since you will never be able to legally use or possess it in CA. You will be confined to drawing the blinds late at night and admiring your collection in the privacy of your home.

Me, I choose to shoot my guns.
Or I can modify it to a legal configuration.

Keep in mind there was a bill by Rob Bonta proposed earlier this year to confiscate RAWs.

Old 10-08-2013, 6:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSICK View Post
Or I can modify it to a legal configuration.
I think we should all do a little bit of both.
Old 10-09-2013, 1:36 PM
Veteran Member

FOUR MORE DAYS !!!

- George Mason
Old 10-10-2013, 9:13 AM
Veteran Member

- George Mason
Old 10-10-2013, 1:41 PM

Looking at condos in park city. You?
Old 10-11-2013, 9:11 AM