Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 02-13-2019, 9:27 AM

Sick or not, you still run a business and as a responsible business owner you 'should' keep your advertising and promises up to date. I am a vet, and I wouldn't take that crap! My money is hard earned and he is earning his money as well.

My $.02.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:27 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Sounds like my home remodel contractor! At the end still a ****ty job because he needs to make new money.

Some people like my dad can mind-fcuk himself and justify it. I would ask for the gun back with full refund.
Old 02-13-2019, 1:12 PM

All that for a Kimber?!? Hahah
Old 02-13-2019, 2:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DArBad View Post
Seriously, 5+ years???

I don't care if he had been an apprentice to Vulcan, or if he claims he can walk on water. That long a wait is stupidly insane.

My surgeon performs some complex surgery, some of the more complex surgery he performs puts patient's under general anesthesia for 7 to 8 hours. He is on his feet, he cannot go to the bathroom nor scratch an itch during the procedure. His concentration and stamina must be outlandish, his knowledge of human anatomy, encyclopedic.

Lets put that into perspective. A surgeon saving lives, doing a very complex surgery. Lasts 7 to 8 hours. Next, a custom gun builder asking clients to wait 5 years to finish a project.

OP, I sincerely hope you get your predicament resolved in an acceptable manner.

I am out of this thread.
I think he meant there is a 5 year waiting list so, put your name in, then in 5 years, you get a call and bring your gun in OR you wait 5 years and he'll START your custom build, which will take another X months/years.

Unless I'm mistaken and money changes hands BEFORE the wait starts?

Remember to dial 1 before 911.

Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

There. Are. Four. Lights!
Old 02-13-2019, 2:38 PM
Veteran Member

Here is a picture of a Stan Chen
Old 02-13-2019, 6:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Why would a gunsmith med your gun until he's ready to work on it? If he's backed up a year, went not just send him the gun 11 months from now?
Because they don't only work on one gun at a time.

Sometimes a gun they're working on needs to be sent out for something they don't do in-house. While it is gone they'll work on the next gun up.

Sometimes guns need certain prep done before they can start work. This is why many top tier pistolsmith only work on certain brands...they know what has to be corrected already

Sometimes they'll batch guns together when they have the machinery set up for certain operations.

It isn't unusual to have someone send in their gun 6mos-1 year before they are ready to work on them