Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 01-04-2021, 8:18 AM

Default Athlon Optics Midas TAC 6-24x50 First Focal Plane Riflescope

Decided to take off the Sig BDX off the MP10 (replaced once because the glass literally dislodged inside the scope, firmware issues, pairing issues, etc.) and put my Vortex HSLR on it AMD grab some new glass for the Chassied Tikka T3. Finding Viper with reticle I wanted was getting hard to find and after some research decided on the above scope. Reticle is exactly what I wanted (XMas Tree with micro dot as center) and reputable turrets.

Anyone have first hand expierence with this and are all the good praises I have seen for this scope for real? I got it on OP for $630 (1k "retail").
Old 01-04-2021, 8:49 AM
Veteran Member

Sounds like you had a lot of issues with the Sig, I remember a year or two back you were excited pairing it up with the Rangefinder.
Old 01-04-2021, 9:00 AM

I have an Ares BTR 2.5-15x50, which supposedly has very similar (if not the same) glass as the Midas Tac series. I'm really impressed with the optic, and the Midas should suit your needs well. I think Athlon has really done a fantastic job at designing optics tailored to mainstream price points with great features (great glass, excellent reticles, and reliable turrets). It compares nicely to my SWFA SS 3-15x42 (excellent tracking, but dated reticle) and Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9x40 (annoyingly thick reticle, but excellent FireDot illumination). For what it's worth, the SWFA is on my 6.5 Grendel AR, the VX-R Patrol is on my 5.56 Mock12, and the Ares BTR is on my 6.5 Creedmoor Aero M5. I have a lot of confidence in the capabilities of the Athlon scopes, and hope to try an ETR or Cronus at some point.
Old 01-14-2021, 4:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewTheBrave View Post
I have an Ares BTR 2.5-15x50, which supposedly has very similar (if not the same) glass as the Midas Tac series. I'm really impressed with the optic, and the Midas should suit your needs well. I think Athlon has really done a fantastic job at designing optics tailored to mainstream price points with great features (great glass, excellent reticles, and reliable turrets). It compares nicely to my SWFA SS 3-15x42 (excellent tracking, but dated reticle) and Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9x40 (annoyingly thick reticle, but excellent FireDot illumination). For what it's worth, the SWFA is on my 6.5 Grendel AR, the VX-R Patrol is on my 5.56 Mock12, and the Ares BTR is on my 6.5 Creedmoor Aero M5. I have a lot of confidence in the capabilities of the Athlon scopes, and hope to try an ETR or Cronus at some point.
I love the Leopold scope for an ar. Have a few 1.5 x 4 on ars. Great lightweight and rugged scope good out to 400 or so yards (further with better eyes)
Old 01-04-2021, 9:05 AM

Zombie: ya I mainly only used the fixed dot reticle points because after updating firmware and got it to track like twice with the rangefinder. I'll keep it for some other build i might do later.
Old 01-13-2021, 7:53 PM

LUV the Midas tac....I do sometimes wish I had a illuminated reticle. I would pay more for it with the exact same scope...sorry, I don't know the name of scope in their line that would have those features