Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 11-08-2018, 1:51 PM
Banned

Default Gun Owners of America praises Trump's pro-gun efforts.

A message from Gun Owners of America as follows:

Trump Helps Prevent Expected Disaster

Gun rights supporters owe a debt of gratitude to President Donald Trump and to Donald Trump, Jr., for staunching what could have been much worse news on election night.

In fact, the Trump family campaigned across the country for pro-gun, conservative candidates far more than any Republican president in recent memory.

The GOP consolidated its hold on the Senate, even though Fox had predicted that Sen. Joe Donnelly would win by 7 percent and NBC said that Sen. Claire McCaskill would win by 3 percent.

This didn't happen because the Trumps campaigned tirelessly in places like Indiana and Missouri.

Frankly, had House Republican leaders not tried so hard to distance themselves from their base, some other Republicans might have done a little better.

We understand the formidable obstacles we all faced. Billionaires like Michael Bloomberg, George Soros and Tom Steyer spent hundreds of millions of dollars to buy the constitutional rights of law-abiding Americans.

Moreover, the media provided anti-gun Democrats with billions of dollars of free publicity in their anti-Trump crusade.

But, although we expect the House to push gun bans and Gun Confiscation Orders, the pro-gun movement remains in a position to fight these insidious proposals.

We also owe a facetious word of gratitude to Chuck Schumer and the hard-core Left for showing us what governance under their crazy mob would be. The downside of their liberal "bubble" is that they have come to believe Americans share their insanity.

They don't.

So today-the first day of the 2020 elections-we at Gun Owners of America reaffirm our commitment to stand by those who support our rights.

The battle won't be easy. But the Constitution is worth every drop of blood, sweat and toil that we can muster.

In liberty,

Tim Macy
Chairman
Gun Owners of America
Old 11-08-2018, 5:36 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

works for me.
Old 11-13-2018, 8:08 PM
Formerly carlosdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldBabbett View Post
A message from Gun Owners of America as follows:

Trump Helps Prevent Expected Disaster

Gun rights supporters owe a debt of gratitude to President Donald Trump and to Donald Trump, Jr., for staunching what could have been much worse news on election night.

In fact, the Trump family campaigned across the country for pro-gun, conservative candidates far more than any Republican president in recent memory.

The GOP consolidated its hold on the Senate, even though Fox had predicted that Sen. Joe Donnelly would win by 7 percent and NBC said that Sen. Claire McCaskill would win by 3 percent.

This didn't happen because the Trumps campaigned tirelessly in places like Indiana and Missouri.

Frankly, had House Republican leaders not tried so hard to distance themselves from their base, some other Republicans might have done a little better.

We understand the formidable obstacles we all faced. Billionaires like Michael Bloomberg, George Soros and Tom Steyer spent hundreds of millions of dollars to buy the constitutional rights of law-abiding Americans.

Moreover, the media provided anti-gun Democrats with billions of dollars of free publicity in their anti-Trump crusade.

But, although we expect the House to push gun bans and Gun Confiscation Orders, the pro-gun movement remains in a position to fight these insidious proposals.

We also owe a facetious word of gratitude to Chuck Schumer and the hard-core Left for showing us what governance under their crazy mob would be. The downside of their liberal "bubble" is that they have come to believe Americans share their insanity.

They don't.

So today-the first day of the 2020 elections-we at Gun Owners of America reaffirm our commitment to stand by those who support our rights.

The battle won't be easy. But the Constitution is worth every drop of blood, sweat and toil that we can muster.

In liberty,

Tim Macy
Chairman
Gun Owners of America
So I am trying to determine what planet this Macy guy lives on. What he fails to mention is that a record number of Republican members of congress decided not to run for reelection primarily because of the antics of you know who.

So in the last two years what have these pro-gun conservative candidates done for us other than bending over and dropping their drawers when Trump talked about banning bump stocks? The "pro-gun party" has had control of the presidency, the senate and the house and they have expanded our gun rights how?

Finally the assertion that Chuck Schumer is hard core left is absolutely laughable. Poor Chuck didn't even do enough to get sent a bomb by that loyal Trumpanzee.

Here's a tip: Chuck Schumer is not buying guns; the hard core left is.
“It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.”

― Joseph Heller, Catch 22
Old 11-21-2018, 8:17 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Yes we do owe lots to president Trump on gun rights and lots more! He is now on my favorite list just short of President Washington!

What a great fighter and man we have with Donald Trump!

Thanx OP for posting the GOA letter. I hadn't seen it until now.
Old 11-21-2018, 1:50 PM

Bump stocks
Take the guns first, due process later

ThANk gOd FOr pRez trUmp!??!
Old 11-21-2018, 2:43 PM
Veteran Member

Hey Carlos - you can change your username a 100 times but we'll always remember you as the inane Libtard fool you've been and always will be.
Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, the America-hating Leftists will have brought it upon themselves. I value Freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of Governance they espouse, which offers no Freedom and complete servitude to the State.
Quote:
"We have four boxes with which to defend our Freedoms: the Soap box, the Ballot box, the Jury box, and the Cartridge box" - Ed Howdershelt
Old 11-21-2018, 7:46 PM

What exactly has he done for gun rights? I've only seen a lessening of gun rights during these past two years....

Not to mention he's broken multiple campaign promises.....

Screw Trump and Hillary both....they're all sellouts in my book...
Old 11-21-2018, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
Hey Carlos - you can change your username a 100 times but we'll always remember you as the inane Libtard fool you've been and always will be.
Is this directed at me? Cause I ain't Carlos. And I'm sorry that I don't fit into the box that you think I should as a gun owner. Is trump better than Hillary about guns? Sure he is. Elmor Fudd himself would be better. But to claim that trump is the champion of gun rights everyone was promised is bull****. He, and the Republican Congress have yet to do anything for gun rights. Yes, we allegedly got some pro 2A court nominations (which thus far have done nothing for us) and that's it. Where's the hearing protection act? Where's the nationwide CCW? Where's the lifting of import bans on certain rifles?

Show me one solid pro gun thing that happened in the last 2 years. And justices that still haven't ruled on a pro 2Acase don't count.

How is GOA, or anyone else, gonna praise Trumps pro gun efforts when there hasn't been any progress. In fact the ATF has been allowed to weigh in on firearm accessories and (from the looks of things) declare them machine guns. That's the opposite of pro gun.

Or continue to call everyone that calls out this bull**** a libtard. Because that'll help.

Last edited by herccheif; 11-21-2018 at 7:52 PM..
Old 11-21-2018, 9:21 PM

Yeah it’s been very disappointing. I was expecting reciprocity but we got nothing. Seems like the dems can always pass whatever they want even without a bulletproof majority. Like Obamacare with a deem and pass rule. The only glimmer of hope has been young v Hawaii which Trump and the gop had nothing to do with.
Old 11-21-2018, 9:38 PM

Republicans are nowhere near pro gun as they would like us to believe, if they were states like CA would have been dealt with a long time ago. The fact is in order to more fair gun laws in anti gun states it will have to be mandated from the federal level and in order to accomplish that states rights will have to be preempted something many republicans are not willing to do.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:01 PM

the truth is that both democrats and republicans as we know them today are anti-gun. The only thing about republicans is that they tend to represent a pro-gun constituency so they play the game of being pro gun. This is why we keep seeing an erosion of 2A rights even in states which are fairly conservative (such as florida).

It is time to drain the swamp but Trump isn't going to do it.... it's going to take an independent political movement that comes from the people...not from the rich elite....
Old 11-21-2018, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Dale View Post
Republicans are nowhere near pro gun as they would like us to believe, if they were states like CA would have been dealt with a long time ago. The fact is in order to more fair gun laws in anti gun states it will have to be mandated from the federal level and in order to accomplish that states rights will have to be preempted something many republicans are not willing to do.
That's true regarding state issues, but suppressors and SBRs are federal issues and could be dealt with by a pro gun federal government, much like what the GOA seems to think we had. And we got nothing.

Of all the times to do it, the last two years were probably the best. It's not like the Democrats could have made the GOP look any worse. They were already frothing over trump being president. I doubt actual pro gun legislation would have hurt them anymore at the polls come mid terms. But you're right, both side are anti gun in action, one just pays it lip service to get votes.
Old 11-22-2018, 7:07 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisjohnson View Post
the truth is that both democrats and republicans as we know them today are anti-gun. The only thing about republicans is that they tend to represent a pro-gun constituency so they play the game of being pro gun. This is why we keep seeing an erosion of 2A rights even in states which are fairly conservative (such as florida).

It is time to drain the swamp but Trump isn't going to do it.... it's going to take an independent political movement that comes from the people...not from the rich elite....
from the people ? are you joking ?
Turn off the TV and join the NRA !
The GOP is directly responsible for stopping EVERY democrat gun scheme since the mid 1990s and the republican congress has passed CCW and the President said he wants it !

If you really want a peoples govt move to Venezuela which is what you get with the people !

Here is a source trusted by statist democrats like you!
https://www.motherjones.com/politics...d-carry-trump/

Trump—who has said he sometimes carries a concealed weapon—has called for making concealed-carry permits like driver’s licenses, which are valid nationwide. He said concealed carry is “a right, not a privilege.”

Last edited by ja308; 11-22-2018 at 7:12 AM..
Old 11-22-2018, 7:14 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herccheif View Post
Is this directed at me? Cause I ain't Carlos. And I'm sorry that I don't fit into the box that you think I should as a gun owner. Is trump better than Hillary about guns? Sure he is. Elmor Fudd himself would be better. But to claim that trump is the champion of gun rights everyone was promised is bull****. He, and the Republican Congress have yet to do anything for gun rights. Yes, we allegedly got some pro 2A court nominations (which thus far have done nothing for us) and that's it. Where's the hearing protection act? Where's the nationwide CCW? Where's the lifting of import bans on certain rifles?

Show me one solid pro gun thing that happened in the last 2 years. And justices that still haven't ruled on a pro 2Acase don't count.

How is GOA, or anyone else, gonna praise Trumps pro gun efforts when there hasn't been any progress. In fact the ATF has been allowed to weigh in on firearm accessories and (from the looks of things) declare them machine guns. That's the opposite of pro gun.

Or continue to call everyone that calls out this bull**** a libtard. Because that'll help.
You really do sound like a democrat shill !
Old 11-22-2018, 7:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
from the people ? are you joking ?
Turn off the TV and join the NRA !
The GOP is directly responsible for stopping EVERY democrat gun scheme since the mid 1990s and the republican congress has passed CCW and the President said he wants it !

If you really want a peoples govt move to Venezuela which is what you get with the people !

Here is a source trusted by statist democrats like you!
https://www.motherjones.com/politics...d-carry-trump/

Trump—who has said he sometimes carries a concealed weapon—has called for making concealed-carry permits like driver’s licenses, which are valid nationwide. He said concealed carry is “a right, not a privilege.”

You are right Trump has said but what has he really done? This is something that needs to be talked about on a regular basis and a lot attention given to fair gun laws if anything positive is to come about.
Old 11-22-2018, 7:41 AM

Quote:

Well said.
Old 11-22-2018, 7:58 AM

Quote:
That's true regarding state issues, but suppressors and SBRs are federal issues and could be dealt with by a pro gun federal government, much like what the GOA seems to think we had. And we got nothing.

Of all the times to do it, the last two years were probably the best. It's not like the Democrats could have made the GOP look any worse. They were already frothing over trump being president. I doubt actual pro gun legislation would have hurt them anymore at the polls come mid terms. But you're right, both side are anti gun in action, one just pays it lip service to get votes.
Very true and also the Federal GFZ's and the prohibition against purchase of firearms across state lines. In fact the feds need to get completely into gun regulations by overriding states rights or get completely out.
Old 11-22-2018, 8:05 AM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Other than ban bump stocks, exactly what has Trump done for gun rights?

He could have signed an executive order reversing the foreign weapons ban signed by BUSH (nope not a word)
https://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/u...permanent.html

Not ONE word from him or his administration about guns, gun rights or any mention of change in any way.
Old 11-22-2018, 8:48 AM
Veteran Member

You guys need to realize that no laws regarding guns (or gun control) will pass until one party has the presidency, the house, and 60 seats in the senate. Trump can't do squat on gun rights by himself. We were lucky Harry Reid changed the rules for judicial appointments, otherwise we would not have the two new conservatives on the bench.

In all truthfulness, I don't think most of the republicans are pro-2A, they just have to oppose the Dems anti-2A platform. We really are at the mercy of the courts, which have yet to even give us clarity since Heller and McDonald.
Old 11-22-2018, 9:24 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
Other than ban bump stocks, exactly what has Trump done for gun rights?

He could have signed an executive order reversing the foreign weapons ban signed by BUSH (nope not a word)
https://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/u...permanent.html

Not ONE word from him or his administration about guns, gun rights or any mention of change in any way.
OMG you post an article from the New York Slimes dated 1989 when Bush 41 was in office !

Nice try democrat troll but that was reversed a long time ago !

Its becoming very obvious that lots of cal gunners are... well I won't risk a ban !
Old 11-22-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
You really do sound like a democrat shill !
Excellent retort! You sure showed me. I literally can't refute your points!
Old 11-22-2018, 10:45 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Excellent retort! You sure showed me. I literally can't refute your points!
Of course you can't!

To argue without merit or any degree of political knowledge with a group (GOA) that spends every waking moment on RKBA makes you appear as I stated or as some child who cannot understand the system of checks and balances !

Last edited by ja308; 11-22-2018 at 10:49 AM..
Old 11-22-2018, 12:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
What exactly has he done for gun rights? I've only seen a lessening of gun rights during these past two years....

And...another person who does not understand how government works and what a preseident can and can not do.

You should be directing your anger at congress. They are to blame.

What do you hear ???...... Nothing but the rain. Well grab your gun and bring in the cat.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
It makes it bigger and longer.
Old 11-22-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Of course you can't!

To argue without merit or any degree of political knowledge with a group (GOA) that spends every waking moment on RKBA makes you appear as I stated or as some child who cannot understand the system of checks and balances !
No simple jack, the reason I can't argue is you made no point. You didn't respond to any of my points and instead engaged in attacking me.

But I guess you're welcome to think that you beat me. I'm sure that's easier than considering the man you praise and apparently owe a debt of gratitude to has in fact done nothing to warrent either. And has actual worked against your right to own firearms accessories.

He hadn't rolled back Obama era EOs banning the import of certain Russian made firearms, he and the Congress did nothing for concealed carry rights, or suppressor rights. Yes, he did appoint 2 judges that we want to believe are pro gun to SCOTUS, and to several lower courts. And those are things Hillary wouldn't have done. But so far, they have not helped us.

If the line of who you praise is as low as "not Hillary" than I happily accept you praise and gratitude.
Old 11-22-2018, 12:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
No simple jack, the reason I can't argue is you made no point. You didn't respond to any of my points and instead engaged in attacking me.

But I guess you're welcome to think that you beat me. I'm sure that's easier than considering the man you praise and apparently owe a debt of gratitude to has in fact done nothing to warrent either. And has actual worked against your right to own firearms accessories.

He hadn't rolled back Obama era EOs banning the import of certain Russian made firearms, he and the Congress did nothing for concealed carry rights, or suppressor rights. Yes, he did appoint 2 judges that we want to believe are pro gun to SCOTUS, and to several lower courts. And those are things Hillary wouldn't have done. But so far, they have not helped us.

If the line of who you praise is as low as "not Hillary" than I happily accept you praise and gratitude.

Just like a dem troll ! Why not say he didn't roll back NFA1934 or GCA 1968 or Mulford in California !

So we are supposed to disregard GOA praise in favor of a Calgunner who is likely not even an annual NRA member. Yeah right.

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/1...ump-will-make/
https://globalnews.ca/news/3789441/d...n-law-changes/
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/polit...cre/index.html
Even the media source you probably like has contradicted you.
from CNN
"But as a Republican president, perhaps the most pro-firearm chief executive in American history, Trump is, in theory, in a unique position to use his good standing with Second Amendment activists to make the case for gun reforms.
In his appearance at CPAC last year, for instance, he poured praise on Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the National Rifle Association, who is expected to again attend the event, outside Washington, this year."

Last edited by ja308; 11-22-2018 at 1:07 PM..
Old 11-22-2018, 1:40 PM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBamBoo View Post
And...another person who does not understand how government works and what a preseident can and can not do.

You should be directing your anger at congress. They are to blame.

I KNOW he can sign an executive order! And THAT is all he would need to do to reverse the import ban on AW's.
Old 11-22-2018, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Just like a dem troll ! Why not say he didn't roll back NFA1934 or GCA 1968 or Mulford in California !
Well it would be great if those were overturned, they are just a bit outside his perveiw. You know what isn't? Recinding and replacing EOs. He can do that. And he could do that if he was pro gun.

Quote:
So we are supposed to disregard GOA praise in favor of a Calgunner who is likely not even an annual NRA member. Yeah right.
I'm saying people should question why they are praising the man, and why he deserves third gratitude. Who I am, and what I donate to don't matter.

This supports my position. 1/5 of those actually happened. Military has always been allowed to carry on base PROVIDED the base commander allows it. Trump didn't do that.
Concealed carry reform, nope.
Legailze silencers, nope
The CFPA was never voted on, so that's a nope.
Fix NICS, yeah this one passed, I'll give you that but let's just ignore that it was separated from the HPA by congress and kinda ****ed us there.

Cool, some land has been opened for hunting, I didn't know that. It's a positive step but I'm not sure I would consider it pro gun, pro hunting sure, but not really pro gun.
Silencers, again, nope
Changing the definition of fugitive, that's not bad. I can see how that would be pro gun for someone with say, a bench warrant for unpaid tickets. They should be able to buy guns.
And withdrawing the EO about mental health illness in seniors. Great! Something I would say is actually pro gun!

Quote:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/polit...cre/index.html
Even the media source you probably like has contradicted you.
from CNN
"But as a Republican president, perhaps the most pro-firearm chief executive in American history, Trump is, in theory, in a unique position to use his good standing with Second Amendment activists to make the case for gun reforms.
In his appearance at CPAC last year, for instance, he poured praise on Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the National Rifle Association, who is expected to again attend the event, outside Washington, this year."
Some fear mongering from CNN, big surprise there. Why should I give a **** what they say? Aren't they fake news?

But, thank you for actually responding instead of slinging a one liner out there. It actually gives me something to respond to. In this case, you've shown that Trump did two things that were actually pro gun, and appeased the FUDDS with some new hunting land. Those things might almost balance him having the ATF reclassify a fire arms stock as a machine gun. Yet people here and at the GOA apparently, think he's the second coming of JMB.
Old 11-22-2018, 2:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Bump stocks
Take the guns first, due process later

ThANk gOd FOr pRez trUmp!??!
This. I’m not praising anyone that redefines terms to asinine uneducated definitions
Old 11-23-2018, 9:43 AM

It is good to have a list of things accomplished and not. Seems like the courts are the only place left with some hope of change.
The NRA and the GOA seem to have broadened their mission into politics other than gun rights and embraced republicanism. I don't care for the whole republican platform and wished they would "stay in their lane". I have hope the NRA lawsuit against WA state news law I1639 does some good. They put little money into fighting it so far.

Trump for gun owners is kind of like "he doesn't smell as bad" as Hillary.

On a side note, did you notice how Hillary was lecturing Europe on immigration? Moving more to the middle, warning about the dangers of too many immigrants.
Trying a new strategy for re-election perhaps?
Maybe we will have another Hillary/Trump in 2020.
Old 11-23-2018, 12:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!

\
Quote:
Originally Posted by YubaRiver View Post
It is good to have a list of things accomplished and not. Seems like the courts are the only place left with some hope of change.
The NRA and the GOA seem to have broadened their mission into politics other than gun rights and embraced republicanism. I don't care for the whole republican platform and wished they would "stay in their lane". I have hope the NRA lawsuit against WA state news law I1639 does some good. They put little money into fighting it so far.

Trump for gun owners is kind of like "he doesn't smell as bad" as Hillary.

On a side note, did you notice how Hillary was lecturing Europe on immigration? Moving more to the middle, warning about the dangers of too many immigrants.
Trying a new strategy for re-election perhaps?
Maybe we will have another Hillary/Trump in 2020.
What do you dislike about the republican platform?

FWIW what else can GOA/NRA do when the democrat party has adopted UN .
disarmament policies and want to eliminate the RKBA!

President Trump has held the line on any gun restrictions in spite of 100s of people murdered by madmen since his inauguration.

He has disregarded the likes of billionaire Soros,bloomberg and the entire democrat/media gun ban/student calls for more restrictions.

I actually missed the part about Hillary warning Europe about too many immigrants. She was warning Europe about getting a Trump because of immigration !
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/780898...s-immigration/

"I admire the very generous and compassionate approaches that were taken particularly by leaders like Angela Merkel, but I think it is fair to say Europe has done its part, and must send a very clear message – 'we are not going to be able to continue provide refuge and support' – because if we don't deal with the migration issue it will continue to roil the body politic," Clinton said."

In other words I like flooding nations with people who do not understand or appreciate our cultures and are a drain economically. However doing so makes people vote for populists like Trump so until we get elected we should pretend to stop allowing immigrants!

Last edited by ja308; 11-23-2018 at 12:59 PM..
Old 11-23-2018, 9:10 PM

Except he hasn't held the line about restrictions. As several of us have mentioned he pressured the ATF to reverse their previous ruling on bump stocks. And once that ruling is finalized people will be forced to destroy their private property with no compensation. Please show me where Trump has "held the line on ANY gun restrictions".

Even the beloved GOA is ready to file a lawsuit about the bumpstock ban. Yet they praise the man? Can you say cognitive dissonance?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...k-gun-control/

Quote:
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.
Https://web.archive.org/web/20150524...un_Control.htm

Please, continue to tell me how Trump is the greatest thing since sliced bread for the 2A.
Old 11-24-2018, 5:47 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Except he hasn't held the line about restrictions. As several of us have mentioned he pressured the ATF to reverse their previous ruling on bump stocks. And once that ruling is finalized people will be forced to destroy their private property with no compensation. Please show me where Trump has "held the line on ANY gun restrictions".

Even the beloved GOA is ready to file a lawsuit about the bumpstock ban. Yet they praise the man? Can you say cognitive dissonance?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...k-gun-control/

Https://web.archive.org/web/20150524...un_Control.htm

Please, continue to tell me how Trump is the greatest thing since sliced bread for the 2A.
Saying it when the media/student/soros/bloomberg jackells are snarling at your neck and doing it when things have calmed are 2 very different things. Im betting you still and others on this thread are still using bumpstocks. Unless California has outlawed them!

this President is solid and has kept his promises on everything within his power.

The only potential negative action he has undertaken is the prison realignment proposals and its a sure thing someone is wrongly advising him or he hasn't heard of disaster California is and of course this from your friends at Washington Post!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.111d2f5fb28d
Trump’s election hasn’t helped gun manufacturers

Last edited by ja308; 11-24-2018 at 5:58 AM..
Old 11-24-2018, 6:21 AM

Problem is we're like a bunch a squirrels squabbling over discarded peanut shells hoping to find a nut that was missed. Neither side wants to solve problems. Why would we vote for the career politicians over and over again if they did? Why would we take sides? SCOTUS won't hear anything of great importance for the same reason. Guns could be solved one way or the other, either 2A gets respected or we go the way of the Aussies. One side will be glad while the other moans but it would be done. Same with abortion, minority issues, the 64 genders the NYT claims exists...

What happend to the CCW reciprocity and supressor bill? What happened to repeal obummer care? Why did the lefties push obummer care in the first place when they had control and could have gone after guns and perceived inequality thats so important to their constituents? Why didn't they do it all? Why didnt the right these last two years?

Without the strife perpetuated by the party system we might actually get along, and where would that leave the swamp critters?

The biggest threat I see is that enough libtards sre getting fed up with the inactions of their side so they've started electing commies like Ms. Cortez who may actually try to do something if the rest of the swamp doesn't take her down a peg or two. All the while the right sticks their head in the sand. There's 55 million Repubs last I checked and you can't get even half a mil to pick up the phone. 55 million phone calls once a month and we could force Visa to drop the ACLU or SPLC just like the left's smear campaign against the NRA. Any armchair commandos going to put action to their saber rattling?

Last edited by WalterJones; 11-24-2018 at 6:27 AM..
Old 11-24-2018, 7:09 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterJones View Post
Without the strife perpetuated by the party system we might actually get along, and where would that leave the swamp critters?
This x1000! Neither side wants to fix the problem, they just want to fix the next election.
Old 11-24-2018, 9:32 AM
I need a LIFE!!

What legislation has Trump signed into law? and what legislation has the House or the Senate passed?

To my knowledge none has happened.

Bump stocks are banned here anyway and were banned before Vegas last year in the first place.

Better start worrying about what this state is going to do than what Trump has not done.

Because it's game over here in California thanks to gun owners on this forum and this state who vote for Democrats.

This is the same circle jerk conversation played out on Calguns Facebook page.

The trolls are strong here and on there as well.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 11-24-2018, 9:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshill View Post
This x1000! Neither side wants to fix the problem, they just want to fix the next election.
I agree.
Old 11-24-2018, 9:58 AM

Quote:

Truth here
Old 11-24-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Saying it when the media/student/soros/bloomberg jackells are snarling at your neck and doing it when things have calmed are 2 very different things. Im betting you still and others on this thread are still using bumpstocks. Unless California has outlawed them!
I'm sorry, are you implying that he only says he's gonna have the ATF reclassify a fire arms accessory as a machine gun because the media is screaming about it? That's your defense? That once the noise calms down it'll just get swept under the rug?

Quote:
this President is solid and has kept his promises on everything within his power.
Nice job moving that goal post. First it was trump should be praised for his pro gun efforts! Oh, there really weren't any? Well he's held the line at least and hasn't given in! Oh, he actually gave some ground? Well he's still good because everything that he said he would do* he did!

*within his power, which none of his promises actually were.
Quote:
The only potential negative action he has undertaken is the prison realignment proposals and its a sure thing someone is wrongly advising him or he hasn't heard of disaster California is and of course this from your friends at Washington Post!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.111d2f5fb28d
Trump’s election hasn’t helped gun manufacturers

My point, this entire thread has been to ask what has trump done that deserves the GOAs or anyone else's praise? What has he done to be owed a debt of gratitude?

Has he done good things? Of course he has, he's nominated several federal judges that seem to be pro-2A. In the future that will be helpful.Has he done some silly things, sure, everyone does. But he hasn't done anything, that I can see, that deserves gratitude.Yet this letter from the GOA makes it sound like Mr trump is walking about like santa giving guns to everyone and is the greatest. I just don't see it.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Using the bully pulpit to advocate for gun rights is a big deal to me. This is the 1st RKBA champion in my lifetime.

If you people had a better understanding of gun history from the 1980s it is a sure bet you would be like GOA and be praising this great mans effort at securing and furthering RKBA.

It should be noted to RKBA advocates in free states the type of negative people who posted on this thread will eventually move to and screw up your states just like California is screwed up !

Its simply amazing so called gun rights people, most of, if not all who are not NRA members scream the loudest when anyone compliments a republican.

Chris good post and very true !

Last edited by ja308; 11-24-2018 at 11:56 AM..
Old 11-24-2018, 4:27 PM
Calguns Addict

What I find most remarkable about this is that GOA has acknowledged that someone other than themselves might actually be pro-gun.
"Did I say "republic?" By God, yes, I said "republic!" Long live the glorious republic of the United States of America. Damn democracy. It is a fraudulent term used, often by ignorant persons but no less often by intellectual fakers, to describe an infamous mixture of socialism, miscegenation, graft, confiscation of property and denial of personal rights to individuals whose virtuous principles make them offensive." - Westbrook Pegler