Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 03-28-2019, 7:14 PM

Update for Our
California Customers

We wanted to let you know that starting Monday, April 1st we'll be collecting sales tax on California orders based on your local rate. It's a bummer, but the Supreme Court ruled that states are now allowed to require businesses located outside of their states to collect and remit sales tax on their behalf.

We appreciate our devoted California customers, and will continue to do everything we can to be your destination of choice.

On the bright side, there's still time to beat the update!
Old 03-28-2019, 8:21 PM

should i start one last brownells powder group buy with no tax? ha
Old 04-13-2019, 7:49 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Yeah I can just imagine all the out of state companies lining up to register, lol!
Old 04-13-2019, 7:56 AM

Someone has to pay for free EBT, Free Cell Phone, Free College, Free Health Care ect. The liberals won't, none of them work for a living.
Old 04-13-2019, 8:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handshaker View Post
Someone has to pay for free EBT, Free Cell Phone, Free College, Free Health Care ect. The liberals won't, none of them work for a living.
Like I said, lots of red states took the lead on this. And lots of small businesses lobbied hard for it. It makes it easier for them to compete with the big Internet retailers (and even the smaller ones) if customers pay sales tax for both. I'm not happy about it, but I get why they want a level playing field.
Old 04-13-2019, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Like I said, lots of red states took the lead on this. And lots of small businesses lobbied hard for it. It makes it easier for them to compete with the big Internet retailers (and even the smaller ones) if customers pay sales tax for both. I'm not happy about it, but I get why they want a level playing field.
I get the utility of it, but I don't think that a state should be able to charge any tax on sales outside of its jurisdiction, and it sure as hell shouldn't be able tax "use" of anything. Then again, I don't agree with an income tax at all, and charging sales, use tax, whatever, is absolutely ridiculous after the buying power of your money has already been reduced by an income tax.
Old 04-13-2019, 3:07 PM

The recordkeeping alone will be a nightmare, expensive, will raise the cost of EVERYTHING purchased online. Whoever comes up with the software will make a fortune. It'll have to be subscription based to keep up with changes. My money would be on Intuit to develop it.
CRPA Member

"Liberals have two related goals. First, to establish themselves as morally and intellectually superior to the distasteful population of common people; and second, to gather as much power as possible to tell those distasteful common people how they must live their lives"
~Ronald Reagan
Old 04-15-2019, 12:18 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Bumping this up cause people are still being surprised by this and thinking the retailers are being stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Old 04-15-2019, 2:15 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featureless View Post
The recordkeeping alone will be a nightmare, expensive, will raise the cost of EVERYTHING purchased online. Whoever comes up with the software will make a fortune. It'll have to be subscription based to keep up with changes. My money would be on Intuit to develop it.
Intuit are scum bags they have a big office here in San Diego and they import most of their workers from India on H1 visas (just like Qualcomm).
“This decision is a freedom calculus decided long ago by Colonists who cherished individual freedom more than the subservient security of a British ruler. The freedom they fought for was not free of cost then, and it is not free now.”

Hon. Roger T. Benitez
United States District Judge
March 29, 2019
Old 04-15-2019, 9:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTHUSIAST View Post
Intuit are scum bags they have a big office here in San Diego and they import most of their workers from India on H1 visas (just like Qualcomm).
I get what you mean, but keep in mind that our wonderful government creates the rules that businesses must and can follow. Utilizing foreign workers may be one way that they remain competitive in their niche. Perhaps the immigration laws should be changed so the use of foreign workers is more of a foreign practice?
Old 04-15-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeneas View Post
I get what you mean, but keep in mind that our wonderful government creates the rules that businesses must and can follow. Utilizing foreign workers may be one way that they remain competitive in their niche. Perhaps the immigration laws should be changed so the use of foreign workers is more of a foreign practice?
Yikes, you guys are still living in the 20th Century, at least when it comes to software.

Communications between California and India/China/Germany is nearly instantaneous and cheap. You don't need software developers in California to do the work. You can just open up an office in Hyperabad and have the Indian software developers work from there.

It's more efficient to have them in the same place, sure. And they're more likely to be "sticky" from an employment perspective if they like living in the U.S. and you're the one sponsoring their visa.

But we live in a world where the it's not just companies competing against each other. If you're a skilled knowledge worker like a programmer, you're competing against programmers from all over the world, too. It's the price we pay for having things like mobile smart phones, Calguns pages, broadband Internet access, and cheap electronics/communications/software.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:52 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featureless View Post
I don't think there is going to be some kind of automated reporting with out of state retailers and the BOE. So there isn't any need for any special software. The BOE doesn't even do this with the millions of IN-STATE retailers.

In a simplistic sense, out of state retailers will determine if they meet the criteria and need to start collecting sales tax. Any modern e-commerce platform can handle the collection. Then its just a matter of an accounting person submitting a few forms and a check to the BOE, same as they already likely do for their home state.
Old 04-16-2019, 2:54 PM

Default Enhanced CA Use Tax Collection Starts 4/1/2019

Wow, look what I see when ordering from BCM, It breaks it down !!! It looks like shipping cost was included in the calculation of the Sales tax!?

Last edited by supernachos; 04-16-2019 at 3:00 PM..