Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 03-31-2020, 11:50 PM

Default Is the Livermore range OK?

I saw on the r/CAguns subreddit that LPRG might have been asking for donations to stay open? Anyone have any info? I checked their facebook page and website, but couldn't find anything.

I've always thought about getting a membership, but never really had time to shoot. After Chabot, I can't fathom losing another local range. Hopefully they get to re-open soon.
Old 04-02-2020, 9:42 AM
Veteran Member

I got a email from them this am asking for $$ donations to be able to come back when things get better, online donations. I email back if I can mail a donation, waiting for a reply.

Psalm 1
Old 04-02-2020, 10:01 AM

surprised they arent opening their doors now that gun stores and ranges are considered essential...
Old 04-02-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garand Hunter View Post
I got a email from them this am asking for $$ donations to be able to come back when things get better, online donations. I email back if I can mail a donation, waiting for a reply.

Psalm 1
Can you post the email or let me know who their contact is? I'd like to get in touch with them as well.
Old 04-02-2020, 1:59 PM

The Livermore Pleasanton Rod and Gun Club Needs Your Financial Support During Our Mandated Closure

Our Club has been designated as a non-essential business and we have been forced to close our range as ordered by Alameda County due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The Club has no choice but to comply with this order. The Club is currently mandated to close until May 4th, but we anticipate that date to be extended again. Like so many businesses and families the Club is under a financial strain to keep things running with no revenue. While closed we still have many expenses that must be met to allow the Club to eventually reopen. The Board of Directors has created an Emergency Fund for donations, to help get through this crisis. We are asking our members and friends to donate to this fund which can be accessed at: https://practiscore.com/events/lprg-...cipants/create
To accommodate variable donation amounts we have set a gift amount of $100.00 which can be changed to any amount you wish to donate, with a $20.00 minimum amount, at the above link. Please adjust the amount up or down to whatever one time amount you can and would like to donate. Using this link can save you a trip from your home and help keep you safe. Your generosity will keep one of the FEW and SAFEST ranges in our area open after the closure is lifted. We thank you for your donations and wish all Club members and friends to stay safe and healthy.
We are looking forward to getting back to the fun shooting sports we all enjoy!
Old 04-02-2020, 2:11 PM

Never even been to that range (kind of out of my way), but sent them some money for sure!
Old 04-02-2020, 5:49 PM

I’d gladly buy a $1,000 gift certificate to use in the future but I’m not just giving money away. Heck, I have about $80 left on one from a year ago that I’ve been forgetting to use. I’ll have to shoot them an email.

I did this with my tailor. It is kind of a gamble because they might go under before I can use the gift certificate but I think it is worth it to support some businesses that I like. Time will tell.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverser View Post
I’d gladly buy a $1,000 gift certificate to use in the future but I’m not just giving money away. Heck, I have about $80 left on one from a year ago that I’ve been forgetting to use. I’ll have to shoot them an email.

I did this with my tailor. It is kind of a gamble because they might go under before I can use the gift certificate but I think it is worth it to support some businesses that I like. Time will tell.
Agreed. I emailed the club asking if I could mail in a check for an associate membership. I'm not going to go shooting any time soon or attend a board meeting, but I'd like to receive something in return for my support. I'll let you know how this pans out.
Old 04-03-2020, 1:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Generally they require you to come to a board meeting for a membership but they may make an exception.
Old 04-04-2020, 9:09 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Write a letter and send it along with your application explaining that you can't make it to the meeting because of...it may be that they will continue to meet via phone so that is the reason, but job schedule or distance might also be a factor. They are a pretty reasonable group. If they are back to public meetings and you can't make it then the board would read your letter aloud, a quick bio from you and that would do it.

A far as re-opening, the problem is that even though POTUS has said ranges are essential, the State and County disagree. The range has and wants to keep it's permits that are needed to operate so I doubt that they want to buck the State or County at this time. The Bay Area isn't exactly the most gun friendly part of the state after all. Social distancing would reduce the rifle side from 29 to 15 benches and the pistol range down to 6 or less.

I think we would really have to sit down with the rest of the RSO group and discuss. Those of us who are volunteers are mostly over 60 and retired with many in their 70's. Many of the paid guys are younger and have other jobs or are students so their schedules are not as flexible as most of the volunteers are. The board members are mostly in the mid to late 70's or early 80's so they are hyper-sensitive to this whole mess and will err on the side of safety.

Let's face it, if we opened right now and didn't care about social distancing we would still fill the range and have a waiting list too.

I really feel sorry for USI. They get the range finished after almost a five year shutdown, start with a couple of soft openings and then all this happens.

Chief Range Safety Officer
Instructor: Basic Pistol Shooting
Instructor: Personal Protection Inside the Home
Old 04-04-2020, 9:48 AM

Sounds like you’re saying you’re all set. If that’s the case, that’s good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassCase View Post
Let's face it, if we opened right now and didn't care about social distancing we would still fill the range and have a waiting list too.
Old 04-06-2020, 9:33 AM

The link to donate is not working anymore. Does anyone have a new link or information?
Old 04-07-2020, 4:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I’ll check on it.

Old 04-20-2020, 4:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ghtw1ng View Post
Agreed. I emailed the club asking if I could mail in a check for an associate membership. I'm not going to go shooting any time soon or attend a board meeting, but I'd like to receive something in return for my support. I'll let you know how this pans out.
Hear anything?
Old 04-21-2020, 10:38 AM

I have not received any response.

I did get an email from Dublin Guns Fishing stating that their range would be re-opening.
Old 04-24-2020, 8:11 AM
Veteran Member

I just now checked their website and called and a recorded message said closed due to the virus issues and to check the website for updates.

Psalm 1
Old 04-24-2020, 11:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Nothing, not a peep.

Old 04-29-2020, 1:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

anyone hear anything yet?
Old 04-30-2020, 9:15 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I got an e-mail this week asking me to provide my most current NRA credentials and that they expect to open in June and they are working on the June RSO schedule.

Old 04-30-2020, 12:28 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Sacramento shooting range is opening. Sounds like to members and their guests initially. Might be a good approach for Livermore to start.
Old 04-30-2020, 1:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAShooter View Post
Sacramento shooting range is opening. Sounds like to members and their guests initially. Might be a good approach for Livermore to start.
most places that I have seen thus far look like they are or are going to be opening up for members/immediate family only for a little while... that is assuming that they are able to open back up, as unfortunately I know that the margins at most ranges are very thin assuming that they are making anything at all
Old 05-03-2020, 8:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Opening on May 14th. So far Thur, Fri, Sat and Sunday only. More to come.

Old 05-03-2020, 9:00 PM
Git-R-Done
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Quote:
I only buy fireworks from Three Finger Willie over at One Eyed Jack's Fireworks.
iTrader

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1884858
Old 05-05-2020, 9:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Will members get priority? Members only?
Old 05-07-2020, 9:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I don’t know. Trap is already being shot at USI. This weekend at USI is members only and it is the reopening of the rifle side as well. I still haven’t had anything official yet from Livermore and they have yet to update the website.

Edit: RSO schedule is showing us back in operation on Thursday the 14th. Staffing looks light although I would expect us to be busy. I have not heard anything about social distancing with regard to assigning benches.

Last edited by BrassCase; 05-07-2020 at 9:51 PM..
Old 05-07-2020, 9:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Good news! I clicked the link above to throw a small donation their way. Livermore was my first 'home' range when I first started. Many of the RSO's went out of their way to show my wife and I a good experience and teach us some good tips! As such, it's still my favorite range.

Up in USI territory for the last 6 years, so been hitting either Livermore or Dublin depending.

Hopefully their opening goes smoothly and they can ride out the storm.
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 05-10-2020, 9:30 AM

The post saying the Livermore Pleasanton Rod and Gun Club will be open on May 14, 2020 IS NOT CORRECT. LPRG has NOT determined an opening date at this time.
FAbajian
Chief Range Safety Officer, LPRG