Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 04-13-2019, 8:29 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by canaphi View Post
Does anyone know if we can carry standard mags in Sacramento county?
Sac Sheriff hasn’t issued any guidance precluding their use.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member

And no one needs to make an issue out of it by asking them, because when a person makes it necessary for a public agency to officially respond to a question that doesn’t even need an answer, it needlessly opens a can of terrestrial annelids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
And no one needs to make an issue out of it by asking them, because when a person makes it necessary for a public agency to officially respond to a question that doesn’t even need an answer, it needlessly opens a can of terrestrial annelids.

Shamelessly worming your way into the conversation.....

Old 04-13-2019, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member

Old 04-13-2019, 11:31 AM
I need a LIFE!!

No, it's too heavy.

I wouldn't expect to need more than two rounds since I always train to double tap. And if I can't get the job done with 4 or 5 shots (at the most) I'd consider turning in my LTC. I cannot imagine any scenario where I would need more than 11 rounds that I wouldn't go into without a rife.

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Old 04-13-2019, 11:49 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold View Post
No, it's too heavy.

I wouldn't expect to need more than two rounds since I always train to double tap. And if I can't get the job done with 4 or 5 shots (at the most) I'd consider turning in my LTC. I cannot imagine any scenario where I would need more than 11 rounds that I wouldn't go into without a rife.
Chance favors the prepared. I've never anticipated needing a seat belt, but I sure have used several.

Why dont you just carry 2?

We are seldom in charge of what happens, and the down side of my way is FAR less a real problem than the downside to doing it your way
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-13-2019, 3:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTrav View Post
Best bet is to check with your issuing agency. Each agencies might feel different about it.
[..]
I have not asked yet how my agency feels about it.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Law Enforcement agencies don’t have “feelings” about legality. They are regulatory and enforcement in nature.

If there isn’t a law which they “feel” should exist, they don’t simply apply it based on their feelings. (That’s DOJ’s job. )

If there is an authority delegated to them, they may regulate it to minimize risk and liability. But, those are carefully-weighed cost-benefit analyses, and aren’t “feelings”.

As a former bureaucrat, I’ll tell you that the best way to get a staff analysis done on an issue is to flood the agency with inquiries about the subject. I guarantee you that, if any level of risk or exposure is identified, you’ll get a policy statement prohibiting the subject.

I don’t “feel” that; I know it for a fact.

Don’t ask for permission; if required, ask for forgiveness due to clear lack of policy guidance.

Until then follow Citadelgrad’s guidance and follow the law.
Old 04-13-2019, 8:03 PM

Default County Sheriffs decide CCW mag capacity

County Sheriffs decide whether CCW holders can carry standard cap mags or not within their respective jurisdictions. San Bernardino Sheriff says 10 rounds. Your mileage may vary but all of the cowboys here offering up their own "legal opinions" about carrying standard cap mags just because they think they can are setting someone up for a major problem if CCW's don't check with their own issuing agencies first. Now let the hate begin. IDGAF.
Old 04-13-2019, 8:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Not me

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run
Old 04-13-2019, 9:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokanut View Post
County Sheriffs decide whether CCW holders can carry standard cap mags or not within their respective jurisdictions. San Bernardino Sheriff says 10 rounds. Your mileage may vary but all of the cowboys here offering up their own "legal opinions" about carrying standard cap mags just because they think they can are setting someone up for a major problem if CCW's don't check with their own issuing agencies first. Now let the hate begin. IDGAF.
This is exactly what I'm thinking.

I have SCM that I bought prior to 2000 ban but afraid to use it even after freedom week because of Sheriff's policy.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Idiocy. "Major problem"? Please.

I ALREADY owned lcms from when they were legal to own. I qualified with my g 19 using lcms before the recent ruling.

That was already the case, yet my ia says nothing about it either way.

That means I can carry them. Period. Cowboy? Get a clue.

If your IA says you cant carry them, obey their mandate.

Its STUPID to press the issue and call to ask. They know the status of the law. If they dont want you to carry, particularly if they are going to pull a permit over it, or act like a permit is null, they have to tell carriers that policy.

Its not on the permit holder to check every time something new comes up.

Keep being meek. It's awesome.

YOU DGAF? Yes, you do. You're afraid. Ot what?

Describe the major problem. If your ia already had a policy, abide by it. Freedom week didn't change the policy.

If your ia didn't already have that policy, explain how people are going to have a major problem if they dont check.

You're the guy who screws it up for everyone, spouting fud and bleating "idgaf"

Wow.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by Citadelgrad87; 04-13-2019 at 11:22 PM..
Old 04-13-2019, 11:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedM333 View Post
This is exactly what I'm thinking.

I have SCM that I bought prior to 2000 ban but afraid to use it even after freedom week because of Sheriff's policy.
You're not thinking at all. If there is already a policy against lcms, abide by it. The judges ruling doesnt change policy.

If there was not already a policy, DO NOT ASK, it is STUPID to invite a decision on this by asking. There were already ccw holders who carried legally owned lcms, and if your ia was fine with that, why rock the boat?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by Citadelgrad87; 04-13-2019 at 11:40 PM..
Old 04-14-2019, 12:54 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimaro View Post
The first rule of concealed carry is you don't talk about concealed carry.

Last edited by caliberetta; 04-14-2019 at 1:02 AM..
Old 04-14-2019, 1:47 AM
Calguns Addict

I carry a 380, 9mm and a two shot derringer. No problem with mags at all. In NV, it isn't on the CCW what you carry.
Old 04-14-2019, 6:31 AM

From a simple logic standpoint, it seems there is some very forcefully presented BAD advice here.

Most, if not all, IA's in CA have never had an official policy on SCM's... They didnt need to have a policy. It was, essentially, a non issue. For the vast, overwhelming majority of people in CA, SCM's were illegal. There was no need to have a policy governing something that was only going to come up once in a blue moon... Or less!

Now things havr changed. Rather drastically. Some IA's, such as San Bernardino, DO now have an official policy. That one city in CA has made it CRUCIAL to contact your IA and....*gasp*... actually ASK them what, if anything, THEIR policy is.

Why?

The answer is the same answer I give those who chant "concealed is concealed" like its some fricken magic spell or something. The answer is "ignorance of the law (or rules) is no excuse."

Breaking the law, or the rules, makes you in the wrong. It could get you in a lot of trouble - to say the least! Do you honestly think telling an officer (or judge) that you never knew about the policy is going to change a damn thing? It wont, no matter how many pseudo macho posts you made on the interwebs.

IF your IA does indeed have a policy, you NEED to know about it. IF they already have a policy since "Freedom Week," your asking about it isnt gonna change ANYTHING. But you wont know if thats the case until you ask. Whether you ask or not, the policy may well exist - and you are still accountable to said policy whether or not you knew about it.

It's worth the perceived risk of "creating a problem."

-Rob
Old 04-14-2019, 7:31 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahrob View Post
From a simple logic standpoint, it seems there is some very forcefully presented BAD advice here.

Most, if not all, IA's in CA have never had an official policy on SCM's... They didnt need to have a policy. It was, essentially, a non issue. For the vast, overwhelming majority of people in CA, SCM's were illegal. There was no need to have a policy governing something that was only going to come up once in a blue moon... Or less!

Now things havr changed. Rather drastically. Some IA's, such as San Bernardino, DO now have an official policy. That one city in CA has made it CRUCIAL to contact your IA and....*gasp*... actually ASK them what, if anything, THEIR policy is.

Why?

The answer is the same answer I give those who chant "concealed is concealed" like its some fricken magic spell or something. The answer is "ignorance of the law (or rules) is no excuse."

Breaking the law, or the rules, makes you in the wrong. It could get you in a lot of trouble - to say the least! Do you honestly think telling an officer (or judge) that you never knew about the policy is going to change a damn thing? It wont, no matter how many pseudo macho posts you made on the interwebs.

IF your IA does indeed have a policy, you NEED to know about it. IF they already have a policy since "Freedom Week," your asking about it isnt gonna change ANYTHING. But you wont know if thats the case until you ask. Whether you ask or not, the policy may well exist - and you are still accountable to said policy whether or not you knew about it.

-Rob
Wrong. Mostly wrong, ironic that you claim others give bad advice.

Blue moon my backside. Anyone over about 45 years old who has been involved with shooting throughout their lives has lcms. Its common, not uncommon. Its uncommon in twenty somethings, ill give you that.

Nothing has changed other than that more people now own this type of magazine. It doesnt change the way the firearm works. They are legal to own.

Its on the IA to promulgate the regulations they think are appropriate. Sounds like SB already had a policy in place. People in sb should have alreasy known that policy, thats your job as a ccw, know the restrictions and abide by them.

But its on the IA to decide what the restrictions are and tell ccw holders what the policies are. “Ignorance of the policy?” I am given pages of paperwork upon renewal. The policy for notification to my IA after any le involvement, carrying or not, changed this time around. Know how i know that? They TOLD ME. Before they told me, that wasnt the policy because they hadnt notified ccw holders. Thats how it works.

THEY HAVE TO TELL ccw holders when they change policies or issue new ones, otherwise, nobody knows about them. Ignorance of the law is a lame parallel. I dont get paperwork when the law changes, i do when the ccw regs change.

Trust me, i know what i am talking about. What kind of trouble do you think you would be in if your IA decided tey would not let people carry lcms but they didnt tell anyone? You shot some guy using an lcm, but didnt know about the policy because the IA sat on it and didnt bother to send an eblast.

You dont understand the law.

If my agency suddenly decided only derringers were permitted, but didnt tell me, i am not subject to penalty for not knowing. They have a mechanism to make their rules and tell us about them. It isnt a seat of the pants thing. They know about the ruling.

NOBODY chuckled “concealed means concealed”. The issue is known to them. It is now legal for anyone in this state to own AND USE lcms. They dont need pinheads calling fifity times a day to ask if using a legal magazine is “ok”, and as has been pointed out, the only result of those inquiries will be a new policy that says we cant use them.

Its not worht the REAL risk of getting. Abad decision made.

Dont do it.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-14-2019, 7:36 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Really? So basically any county sheriff can decide on a whim that I can not carry a magazine that contains more than ten rounds in their county?
Old 04-14-2019, 7:58 AM
Veteran Member

Default are you ccw guys using standard capacity mags>

Quote:
...CRUCIAL to contact your IA and....*gasp*... actually ASK them what, if anything, THEIR policy is.
I think you should probably call ‘em up first thing Monday morning and ask if they have a policy on each of the following:
•Rosewood grips
•Engraved initials
•Holsters: IWB/OWB/etc, cant, material (leather , Kydex, hybrid, etc), color (is chartreuse okay)?
•Laser sights, Streamlights, light sabers, gas-fired poison dart attachments, etc
•Carry attire: Cargo pants, loose/untucked shirts, “shoot me first” vests, colorful tropical themed hats to distract the attention of would-be robbers/assailants, polarizing sunglasses
•Caltrops to throw on the ground as a non-lethal deterrence to pursuers if you run out of ammo in those 10 round mags while engaged in a gunfight with multiple barefoot or flip-flop shod attackers, and other vitally important stuff.

Quote:
IF your IA does indeed have a policy, you NEED to know about it.
If your IA has a policy on anything at all, you should already know it without having to call, email, text, or write a letter. If you don’t, why not?

Last edited by Old_Bald_Guy; 04-14-2019 at 8:01 AM..
Old 04-14-2019, 8:23 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I think you should probably call ‘em up first thing Monday morning and ask if they have a policy on each of the following:
•Rosewood grips
•Engraved initials
•Holsters: IWB/OWB/etc, cant, material (leather , Kydex, hybrid, etc), color (is chartreuse okay)?
•Laser sights, Streamlights, light sabers, gas-fired poison dart attachments, etc
•Carry attire: Cargo pants, loose/untucked shirts, “shoot me first” vests, colorful tropical themed hats to distract the attention of would-be robbers/assailants, polarizing sunglasses
•Caltrops to throw on the ground as a non-lethal deterrence to pursuers if you run out of ammo in those 10 round mags while engaged in a gunfight with multiple barefoot or flip-flop shod attackers, and other vitally important stuff.

If your IA has a policy on anything at all, you should already know it without having to call, email, text, or write a letter. If you don’t, why not?

This man gets it.

As ccw holders, we all need to know and follow the policies. They were formed and promulgated by people whose job it is to place limitations on what ccw holders can use.

They are better at it than you, and they are not shy about making and notifying about policy changes.

DO NOT CALL “just to ask”.

Its stupid and invites an adverse ruling. Dont be that guy.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-14-2019, 8:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
You're not thinking at all. If there is already a policy against lcms, abide by it. The judges ruling doesnt change policy.

If there was not already a policy, DO NOT ASK, it is STUPID to invite a decision on this by asking. There were already ccw holders who carried legally owned lcms, and if your ia was fine with that, why rock the boat?

Not sure if you saw/read my original post but I said I wasn’t going to ask the IA.

However, in light of recent court ruling, many folks whom didn’t have a chance to own SCM in the past now do and may be CCWing with them.
I just want to know if anyone from my county knows the policy/stance.

I am not going to risk losing my permit if Sheriff Gore states otherwise, hell, it wasn’t easy to get one to begin with.

Old 04-14-2019, 9:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabefree View Post
I would be very careful. Even though it may be legal in the eyes of the law. Most issuing agencies if asked would not advise it.
Why ask them !!!, it’s not illegal, if it wasn’t a restriction by your IA, don’t ask permission, that’s we can’t have nice things
Old 04-14-2019, 12:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalray View Post
Why ask them !!!, it’s not illegal, if it wasn’t a restriction by your IA, don’t ask permission, that’s we can’t have nice things
There is no answer. Some guys just have a mental block against freedom, and need to crap all over everything.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-14-2019, 3:54 PM

Quote:
The answer is "ignorance of the law (or rules) is no excuse."

Breaking the law, or the rules, makes you in the wrong. It could get you in a lot of trouble - to say the least! Do you honestly think telling an officer (or judge) that you never knew about the policy is going to change a damn thing?
And why would you be in front of a judge? Even if the IA has a policy against the use of LCMs during CCW carry, YOU'VE BROKEN NO LAW!

Quote:
No. You have a reliance on the IA's responsibility to inform you of changes in policy. I they had a policy against it, you would have been informed of it during your CCW training. If they've developed a policy in the past two weeks, they have a responsibility to inform you.

Think about agencies with 10k licenses. Which is more reasonable? The single agency notifies the 10k individuals with specific guidance or, 10k individuals call/write the agency asking for clarification on every issue not under a policy directive?
Old 04-14-2019, 5:06 PM
Veteran Member

Using a large-capacity magazine for CCW is utter stupidity. I don't care what the law may say, it's vague as hell and it's written that way so that they can charge you if they want to. We live in a very anti 2A state, if God forbid you had to pull your firearm and shoot another individual do you really want to give them any opening to charge you for that shooting? If you really need more than 10 rounds to protect yourself in a CCW situation, you're probably hanging out in the wrong part of town anyhow. Carry an extra magazine, stay out of jail and don't give the DA any reason to come after a law-abiding citizen for protecting their life.
Old 04-14-2019, 6:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingransom View Post
Using a large-capacity magazine for CCW is utter stupidity. I don't care what the law may say, it's vague as hell and it's written that way so that they can charge you if they want to. We live in a very anti 2A state, if God forbid you had to pull your firearm and shoot another individual do you really want to give them any opening to charge you for that shooting? If you really need more than 10 rounds to protect yourself in a CCW situation, you're probably hanging out in the wrong part of town anyhow. Carry an extra magazine, stay out of jail and don't give the DA any reason to come after a law-abiding citizen for protecting their life.
FUD fountain. Wow.

I DO care what the law says, and it doesnt say anything about the size of a magazine being a factor in the determination of self defense.

Please never give advice on this subject again. You might want to reconsider carrying anything for self defense.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-14-2019, 7:06 PM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

Yes. Have been for many years, will continue to.
Old 04-14-2019, 7:10 PM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

Quote:
No caltrops please. I wear Tevas more often than not.
Though I don't ever intend to be a bad guy...but I may be running to help!
Old 04-14-2019, 7:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
So what law is it that turns a self defense shooting into anything other than self defense, based on the size of the magazine? Does the same law kick in if I carry more than 2 extra speed loader's for my j frame?
Old 04-14-2019, 8:12 PM
Map Maker
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by P5Ret View Post
Really? So basically any county sheriff can decide on a whim that I can not carry a magazine that contains more than ten rounds in their county?
Not as I understand it. Your IA can tell you can't carry them, but that's about it.
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

Old 04-14-2019, 8:45 PM

Quote:
[...]I don't care what the law may say, ...
That, in itself, is a problem. But, for you to make such an assertion seems to indicate that you recognize the law doesn’t support your position.
Quote:
...it's vague as hell and it's written that way so that they can charge you if they want to.
If you don’t care what the law says, how can you determine that it’s vague and written in a certain way?

On that note, regardless of whether you care about it, what specific Code are you referring to as so vague that , “...they can charge you if they want to?”. In my experience, that would also apply to very specific statutes.

Quote:
We live in a very anti 2A state, if God forbid you had to pull your firearm and shoot another individual do you really want to give them any opening to charge you for that shooting?
So, if I shoot someone with a single shot weapon on a public street, I won’t be charged? Magazine capacity has nothing to do with being charged with a homicide. (But, as noted, you’ve already asserted you don’t care what the law says. I’m now leaning toward you don’t know what the law says.)
Quote:
If you really need more than 10 rounds to protect yourself in a CCW situation, you're probably hanging out in the wrong part of town anyhow. Carry an extra magazine, stay out of jail and don't give the DA any reason to come after a law-abiding citizen for protecting their life.
Or, the “wrong part of town” has come around to your ‘hood because you have stuff they want. And, what does “town” have to do with it? I live in a large metropolitan area, surrounded by large, wide-open areas of un-incorporated county. I travel in those areas for business and pleasure. Response times (if you can get cell service) suck. More ammo buys more time.

Finally, DAs don’t, “...come after law-abiding citizens.” They usually require a law being broken....of course, that’s full circle with you since you don’t care (or know) what the law says.
Old 04-14-2019, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Not as I understand it. Your IA can tell you can't carry them, but that's about it.
I’m thinking P5Ret neglected to press the sarcasm button before posting.

Last edited by Dvrjon; 04-15-2019 at 5:19 AM..
Old 04-14-2019, 9:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
The shooting is either just or not and they will either charge you for the shooting or not. Using a STANDARD capacity mag doesn't suddenly turn a good shoot into a bad shoot. That's just silly. You aren't innocent if you shot somebody with a 10 round mag but guilty of murder if you used an 11 round mag.

And as for needing more than 10 rounds, it's like you didn't even read Judge Benitez's decision. He gave three very solid examples of why a person might need more than 10 rounds.

Fighter Pilot
Old 04-15-2019, 1:43 PM

Quote:

Why?

-Rob
You're as bad as the officers that serve up their own FEELINGS. Please... show me IN WRITING where it is San Bernarino's policy to only carry 10 rounds. (I'll save you time... you can't show it cuz it doesn't exist.) Someone just posted that Sheriff McMahon said it was a SUGGESTION since it was a gray area. A SUGGESTION is NOT policy!

STOP.SPREADING.FUD!
Old 04-15-2019, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Well maybe you shouldn't carry a large capacity (i.e. a 33 rounder in a glock 19). But there is nothing stupid about using a STANDARD capacity magazine that the gun sells with in the rest of the US.
Old 04-15-2019, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
FUD fountain. Wow.

I DO care what the law says, and it doesnt say anything about the size of a magazine being a factor in the determination of self defense.

Please never give advice on this subject again. You might want to reconsider carrying anything for self defense.
I love you... just want you to know that!
Old 04-15-2019, 1:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I will start carrying Reduced Capacity Mags when John orders his guys to do the same.

Until then I will carry what the law allows.

Which is exactly why you should have never asked John,s girl her opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run
Old 04-15-2019, 3:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I dont only because I can only carry 10+1 But if I had a gun that could take a scm I would use it because it is not illegal to use it. May have to get a new gun that can use a scm that seems like a good reason right??
Old 04-15-2019, 4:02 PM

sounds like a good reason to me!!
Old 04-15-2019, 4:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
This is just plain wrong. No county Sheriff can decide if I can carry my legally owned mags. My IA can but, if I go into another jurisdiction and it does not have any local laws against possession of +10 round mags, a Sheriff can't just decide if I can carry them in his jurisdiction or not. Yes, I agree that taking legal advise from someone on the internet isn't prudent and, you've proven that by posting your idiotic opinion of the law and how you think it works. Your "legal opinion" has no legal basis and you clearly don't understand how the law works. A Sheriff can't just decide what is legal in his/her jurisdiction and what isn't legal there. The reality is, as long as my IA (County Sheriff or local PD) doesn't have a policy against it, there is only one Sheriff in CA who can decide that I can't carry them in his/her jurisdiction but, that is only because +10 round mags are illegal to possess in the City of San Francisco and, the City and County share the same boundaries.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Old 04-15-2019, 6:31 PM

My issuing agency -OCSD- maintains a web portal page for CCW. When something is important enough to alter their policies, they post it there. Peruta case is an example; the change from self-defense to good cause, for instance. If this rises to the level of a policy change, they’ll post it. I don’t feel like I need to ask them anything about it otherwise. Right now the terms and conditions of the license don’t mention magazine capacities at all. If they’re legally obtained, and legally possessed, I would feel comfortable with my agency.....IF I wanted to carry standard capacity mags. (All in all, I think the state and their tortured thinking is more the entity that we need to worry about.)