Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 05-17-2016, 2:31 PM

Default AB 1135 Compliant AR15? Possible? In theory.

So, with all the legislation coming out, I've started thinking about the possible requirements so I wouldn't have to register my up and coming AR15 build that I am doing.

So this is all just an idea, I know the bill isn't passed, I've got some ideas, please PM ideas you have.

EDITED: Finding out politicians frequent the forums.

Last edited by gryffinwings; 05-17-2016 at 3:30 PM.. Reason: Keeping ideas secret
Old 05-17-2016, 2:40 PM

Be careful. Don't help improve already BAD legislation. "They" frequent these forums.
Old 05-17-2016, 3:29 PM

Put the effort into opposing the proposed legislation. When and if it becomes law, then address compliance.
Old 05-17-2016, 3:29 PM

Well, if that is the case, please PM me with your idea.
Old 05-17-2016, 3:32 PM
Veteran Member

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1153858
“Keep it up, America, keep telling your youth that mud and danger are fit only for intellectual pigs. Keep on saying that only the stupid are fit to sacrifice, that America must be defended by the low-brow and enjoyed by the high-brow. Keep vaunting head over heart, and soon the head will arrive at the complete folly of any kind of fight and meekly surrender the treasure to the first bandit with enough heart to demand it.” (Robert Leckie)
Old 05-17-2016, 4:51 PM

I have an idea, and it's one that might even work for normal use out of state. Won't be giving any details until the twelth of Never, hopefully.
Old 05-17-2016, 5:02 PM
Still in The Game
CGN Contributor

Don't give them nothing.
Old 05-17-2016, 5:09 PM

Even if legislation passes.. don't change your rifle just register it.
Old 05-17-2016, 5:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazydave View Post
Even if legislation passes.. don't change your rifle just register it.
Fu** that. If you keep bending they will keep pushing. Time to take a stand.

burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns
Old 05-17-2016, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy View Post
Fu** that. If you keep bending they will keep pushing. Time to take a stand.
I'd rather register than risk being a felon.

having my weapons confiscated and my many of my rights removed does me no good either.
Old 05-18-2016, 1:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

having my weapons confiscated and my many of my rights removed does me no good either.
the day after connecticut banned the sale of standard cap mags there was a large display of public defiance where people openly traded 30 round mags. i have said it before and i will say it again, CA gun owners are weak and used to getting our rights stripped away. most of us were old enough to buy guns after the AWB took effect so we never had real freedom. i have watched it time and time again, people go all keyboard commando and talk about lines in the sand, come and take it, bla bla bla, but when it is actually time to take a stand they turn into little sheep who will do anything except rock the boat. if you expect the courts to magically give you back rights one day take a look at how long the case against the roster has been going on....rights are not given to you by a court, you need to take them.

f*** registration, there are compliant mods that can be done that will let you avoid breaking the law yet allow you to keep your rifle paperless, f*** the sheep who register their guns, high registration numbers lets the enemy say their law was a success, and f*** those who say don't rock the boat. they are the problem, and the reason why we lose more and more gun rights every year. its about time this boat gets shaken.

Old 05-18-2016, 3:47 AM

If a bullet button becomes a feature, then I guess I'm going featureless!
Old 05-18-2016, 4:12 AM

IIRC anything DROS'd after 12/31/13 is already registered. Of course not as a RAW, but registered nonetheless. So if you bought a bullet buttoned long gun after that date they know what it is. If you change something to comply with new laws would you then need to volunteer the details of that change prior to them coming to knock on (or down) your door to retrieve the AW they know you bought and failed to register as such?
Old 05-18-2016, 4:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey_Tango View Post
IIRC anything DROS'd after 12/31/13 is already registered. Of course not as a RAW, but registered nonetheless. So if you bought a bullet buttoned long gun after that date they know what it is. If you change something to comply with new laws would you then need to volunteer the details of that change prior to them coming to knock on (or down) your door to retrieve the AW they know you bought and failed to register as such?
Ha, yeah
I saw the writing on the wall when they passed the FSC and long gun reg requirements. Never got a FSC, and let my HSC expire. instead i invested money into tools and learned to make my own guns. Acording to DOJ computers I don't own any long guns. Just a few handguns... I will make mods, but it will be a cold day in he11 before I register something that doesn't exist.

Old 05-18-2016, 4:40 AM

Quote:
Ha, yeah
I saw the writing on the wall when they passed the FSC and long gun reg requirements. Never got a FSC, and let my HSC expire. instead i invested money into tools and learned to make my own guns. Acording to DOJ computers I don't own any long guns. Just a few handguns... I will make mods, but it will be a cold day in he11 before I register something that doesn't exist.
You are probably in a better position than most. I did buy a few long guns after 2013 that may now become more trouble than they are worth.
Old 05-18-2016, 4:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You are probably in a better position than most. I did buy a few long guns after 2013 that may now become more trouble than they are worth.
Sell them and buy a jig + 80%ers. They might not be as clean as the ones bought through a ffl, but they will work , don't have a paper trail and are untaxed.

Old 05-18-2016, 6:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryffinwings View Post
So, with all the legislation coming out, I've started thinking about the possible requirements so I wouldn't have to register my up and coming AR15 build that I am doing.

So this is all just an idea, I know the bill isn't passed, I've got some ideas, please PM ideas you have.

EDITED: Finding out politicians frequent the forums.
I se you joined Calguns Feb 2016. Interesting question you have there, buckaroo. A little advice, "they" troll these forums for legislation ideas. Don't give them any ideas. Address compliance AFTER and IF legislation is passed.
Old 05-18-2016, 7:01 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_Shackleferd View Post
A little advice, "they" troll these forums for legislation ideas. Don't give them any ideas. Address compliance AFTER and IF legislation is passed.
My work around to "registration" is...
Attachment 506206
My company, tax money, and jobs go with me. I already planned the move upon retirement...this nonsense communist legislation "if it becomes law" will just accelerate that time line. When enough company owners leave with their jobs and tax money the state will go broke and all the pensions and handouts will dry up leaving a 3rd world state in its wake. I hope "they" are reading this...this is the future of California.
I will leave a pile of mag locks at the sign for anyone interested...

Last edited by valley82; 07-01-2017 at 9:51 AM..
Old 05-18-2016, 7:13 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
If this porposed legislation becomes law, alot of folks who are not informed and/or failed to register their redefined Assault Weapons that was DROS'd after 12/31/13 will be the low hanging fruit for the DOJ/APPS door kickers...

Dont be the low hanging fruit...

iTrader Feedback Link
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1885547
Old 05-18-2016, 7:19 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Who needs 80%ers anymore?
http://ar15mold.com/

Old 05-18-2016, 7:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Sell them and buy a jig + 80%ers. They might not be as clean as the ones bought through a ffl, but they will work , don't have a paper trail and are untaxed.
Exactly what I did.
All I have left is a Glock 17 rtf2 and an RIA GI .45 and I'll be selling those soon.
Then I will have no serial numbered guns.
Old 05-18-2016, 7:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
Who needs 80%ers anymore?
http://ar15mold.com/
How do you prevent air bubbles during the pour? Also, how's the durability compared to poly 80%?

Old 05-18-2016, 8:09 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I don't recommend living one's life based on what someone *might* at some point require you to do.
Old 05-18-2016, 8:24 AM

There are many all over the country that are getting 80's and making their own. Some are selling a registered lower now, making their own, and some are waiting so that if anything does pass, they can turn in that registered receiver and know they have a working receiver IF something happens. And if it looks like something will happen, the demand and price will go through the roof. You can always get the 80 now, don't work on it, and it is just a paperweight.
www.80pctlower.com
Yes we have 80% lower receivers

Last edited by AR-15 Rep; 05-18-2016 at 8:31 AM..
Old 05-18-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
the day after connecticut banned the sale of standard cap mags there was a large display of public defiance where people openly traded 30 round mags. i have said it before and i will say it again, CA gun owners are weak and used to getting our rights stripped away. most of us were old enough to buy guns after the AWB took effect so we never had real freedom. i have watched it time and time again, people go all keyboard commando and talk about lines in the sand, come and take it, bla bla bla, but when it is actually time to take a stand they turn into little sheep who will do anything except rock the boat. if you expect the courts to magically give you back rights one day take a look at how long the case against the roster has been going on....rights are not given to you by a court, you need to take them.

f*** registration, there are compliant mods that can be done that will let you avoid breaking the law yet allow you to keep your rifle paperless, f*** the sheep who register their guns, high registration numbers lets the enemy say their law was a success, and f*** those who say don't rock the boat. they are the problem, and the reason why we lose more and more gun rights every year. its about time this boat gets shaken.
I agree with what you say, and admire your attitude, but I sure as heck wish you'd use more capital letters.
Supporter of conceal and open-carry.[/SIZE]
"It's called the Bill Of Rights. Not the Bill of Needs."[/SIZE]
Old 05-18-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
it will be a cold day in he11 before I register something that doesn't exist.
^this^

Awesome.
Old 05-18-2016, 1:00 PM

Quote:

Life is one neverending "risk", from the time you're born until the day you die.
You take a huge risk, each time you drive the car to the grocery store and back.

Nothing good or great was EVER obtained without risk. And, the rights that you and your family have today, are due to the fact that thousands of brave men and women took huge risks, and even sometimes paid with their lives.
Old 05-18-2016, 1:32 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
How do you prevent air bubbles during the pour? Also, how's the durability compared to poly 80%?
Read David Hunter Jones' cover story in the latest Firearms News. According to the article, pour very slowly, pause, slosh around the liquid in the mold, continue the pour. They put about 650 rounds through a couple of them with no issues. More durable than a typical poly lower, has reinforcements around the buffer tube area and handle mount, you can do different things when you pour like put some fiberglass into the mold and or aluminum powder can be added.

The manufacturer makes no claim that these are mil spec at all, not the point. The point is anyone can easily make (pour) their own reliable, fully functional with all magazine AR 15 lower with no governmental control, registration or regulation, as it should be. Probably not going to outlast your barrel but probably good for at least a few thousand rounds, if not more. Easier, cheaper and more convenient than 80%ers, or 3D printers, no jigs, CNC or routers needed. You can also get creative with colors. I am really impressed with these, you can buy a kit to pour 5, 10 or 15 lowers and the per lower cost is dirt cheap. I think pouring my own lowers would be fun. Takes the AR 15 to the next step in Lego building blocks. You can build one lower for each day of the week and rotate your uppers onto them. Whoever thought this idea up is a genius.

Old 05-18-2016, 2:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capybara View Post
Read David Hunter Jones' cover story in the latest Firearms News. According to the article, pour very slowly, pause, slosh around the liquid in the mold, continue the pour. They put about 650 rounds through a couple of them with no issues. More durable than a typical poly lower, has reinforcements around the buffer tube area and handle mount, you can do different things when you pour like put some fiberglass into the mold and or aluminum powder can be added.

The manufacturer makes no claim that these are mil spec at all, not the point. The point is anyone can easily make (pour) their own reliable, fully functional with all magazine AR 15 lower with no governmental control, registration or regulation, as it should be. Probably not going to outlast your barrel but probably good for at least a few thousand rounds, if not more. Easier, cheaper and more convenient than 80%ers, or 3D printers, no jigs, CNC or routers needed. You can also get creative with colors. I am really impressed with these, you can buy a kit to pour 5, 10 or 15 lowers and the per lower cost is dirt cheap. I think pouring my own lowers would be fun. Takes the AR 15 to the next step in Lego building blocks. You can build one lower for each day of the week and rotate your uppers onto them. Whoever thought this idea up is a genius.
Sound's good
I am going to look into this more. It would definitely be quicker than an 80%er. Might be good to mold a few just lowers to keep stashed away for emergency situations.