Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 11-21-2022, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateForDinner View Post
My denial from Antioch PD back in September was based on "the consideration of public good, overall safety and that the application you filled out was found to be out of date."
Total crap. At this rate, they can just keep changing the form every 6 months and denying new requests. The only thing that changed was "good cause" went away and now there is a BS "moral character" question that I would refuse to answer, or put "As my background check proves, I am not a prohibited person."
Old 11-21-2022, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason95357 View Post
At this point, PC 26205 is a merely a suggestion and has (always?) been ignored, even by pro-2A IAs. It's never been enforced, there is no teeth behind it. There is nothing the common citizen can do to enforce PC26205.
Thanks, Jason. Helps me get some reality.
Old 11-21-2022, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason95357 View Post
At this point, PC 26205 is a merely a suggestion and has (always?) been ignored, even by pro-2A IAs. It's never been enforced, there is no teeth behind it. There is nothing the common citizen can do to enforce PC26205.
Has anyone tried filing for a Writ of Mandamus?
Old 11-22-2022, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateForDinner View Post
My denial from Antioch PD back in September was based on "the consideration of public good, overall safety and that the application you filled out was found to be out of date."
They don't want law abiding citizens carrying in Antioch, only the criminals. As for "Consideration of public good", how about the Antioch cops under investigation.
Old 11-22-2022, 3:05 AM

I gave up on trying for a ccw here in California, I plan on moving to Arizona by this time next year. I just go done watching the movie THE PATRIOT, I suggest all of us freedom loving law abiding citizens of this great nation of ours watch the movie numerous times. THE ANSWERS ARE NOT IN ANY COURT ROOM OR VOTING BOOTH THE ANSWERS ARE RIGHT THERE IN THE MIRROR.
Old 11-23-2022, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
Additional staff? If that means sworn officers, then it'll take months; maybe longer if they start with raw trainees who have to go through a police academy. Luckily, the County Supervisors are not part of the "defund police" movement.......or are they?
here is the new position request approved by the Supervisors. It was approved Oct 4. Doesn't look like the jobs are posted yet to the Sheriff's website. Anyone want a job!
Old 11-23-2022, 6:02 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankerman777 View Post
I gave up on trying for a ccw here in California, I plan on moving to Arizona by this time next year.
Where Maricopa Co got rid of “America’s Sheriff” Joe Arpaio(sp?)? Where they just chose a DEM incumbent US Senator over a solid Republican?

The days of AZ being deep Red are, like Jeff Cooper, long gone….

AZ is now purple.

Last edited by Paladin; 11-23-2022 at 6:07 PM..
Old 11-24-2022, 3:20 AM

S,,,,t any hopes of a recount?.
Old 11-24-2022, 6:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankerman777 View Post
S,,,,t any hopes of a recount?.
Kerry Lake just sued. 3 counties have refused to certify, and the Lt. Secretary of State has refused to certify.

Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 11-24-2022, 7:42 AM

Their crossed brother believe me they are crossed!!!.
Old 11-24-2022, 7:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikercamper View Post
here is the new position request approved by the Supervisors. It was approved Oct 4. Doesn't look like the jobs are posted yet to the Sheriff's website. Anyone want a job!
This is eye watering. The salary, at the high end of the range, is about $144k, but the "Net County Cost" is $489k !!!

Taxpayers, awaken!

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. ” (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Old 11-24-2022, 8:37 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Old 11-25-2022, 3:47 PM

Was at my LGS today and guys there said their buddy just got the vague moral character denial letter.
Old 11-26-2022, 9:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rclarkgo View Post
Was at my LGS today and guys there said their buddy just got the vague moral character denial letter.
CoCoCo applicant?

When did he interview? Yours was September, right? Mine was September 20. The only thing I’ve heard since then was an email saying that they were working on another option for training.
Old 11-26-2022, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARFrog View Post
Other questions for Sherriff regarding restrictions on carry guns:

1.) why no allowance for red dots? For some shooters, especially those who might have glasses, a red dot that you can see without special prescription glasses might be a safer alternative. ( note: other jurisdictions allow red dots.)

2.) why no allowance for certain firearms like a 1911?

3.) why no allowance for certain gun modifications? Modifications of sights, recoil springs, trigger connectors, extended slide lock levers, extended mag release button can make the gun safer. If the gun operates properly at the range training with these modifications, then why not? (Note: other jurisdictions allow them. Also, older roster style guns often have been upgraded in newer non-roster models that are available and safe to use across the nation. So, why not in CCC?)
Pardon my ignorance. Would anybody be able to point me in the right direction on where those restrictions are listed? I can't seem to find them on the CoCoCo Sheriff's website. My eyesight isn't what it used to be anymore, and I would certainly like to carry with a red dot on my pistol, if and when I get approved.

I applied in early July. Didn't check back on the Sheriff's website until recently, when I learned to schedule my own livescan. My CA, FBI, and firearms are completed as of 11/26.

In case anybody is wondering: I have not contacted the Sheriff's office, as of yet. Haven't heard a peep from them in return. No status update of any kind.
Old 11-26-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremey View Post
CoCoCo applicant?

When did he interview? Yours was September, right? Mine was September 20. The only thing I’ve heard since then was an email saying that they were working on another option for training.

Yes CoCoCo.
At my interview I was told training would be in about a month…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2022, 2:02 PM

Another murder in Antioch and local PD wont issue. Come on Sheriff!!
Old 11-26-2022, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rclarkgo View Post
Yes CoCoCo.
At my interview I was told training would be in about a month…

Your "friend of a friend", who was denied; when was his interview?
Old 11-26-2022, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Your "friend of a friend", who was denied; when was his interview?

Not sure, just came up in conversation and I forgot to ask. I remember when I first got the call Sept 20th was the first available so my impression was that they had just started the interview process then, since I applied before Bruen.

Old 11-28-2022, 8:34 AM

Quote:
CoCoCo applicant?

Let's hope so. Here is an excerpt about the training from the CCSO policy manual Appendix 12, emphasis added.

Sec VII.B.1

The Office of the Sheriff will develop and maintain a course of instruction/training or approve a course provided by a local community colleges. The course shall be offered in such locations and such times, and with such frequency as to allow for reasonable applicant access.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:24 AM

Hmm I got an email from them early July saying I was in the queue and they have received everything, but haven't heard jack **** yet. Makes me wonder if I missed a call and thought it was spam?
Old 11-28-2022, 1:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Navy View Post
This is eye watering. The salary, at the high end of the range, is about $144k, but the "Net County Cost" is $489k !!!

Taxpayers, awaken!
Is that not for both positions?
Old 11-29-2022, 2:57 PM

Hello Mr. XXX

Thank you for contacting our office about this matter. We’d be happy to get more information for you. Can you please confirm your address and phone number? We will then see what we can do to assist, and open a case if needed.

Best regards,

Shawn XXX, District Director

California State Assemblymember Rebecca Bauer-Kahan (AD-16)

12677 Alcosta Boulevard, Suite 395, San Ramon, CA 94583
Phone: (925) xxx-xxxx | Fax: (925) xxx-xxxx

Email: xxx.ca.gov | Website: http://a16.asmdc.org

Facebook: RBKcalifornia | Twitter: @BauerKahan

I got tired of waiting. I'm on 120 days on Dec 1st. Hope my assembly member can speed the process up. Sorry I "XXX'd" out some info. If I get some answers I will post his email to get everyone some help. I just didn't want him to get blown up by calls and emails until I find out if he can help.
Old 11-29-2022, 4:33 PM

Good luck, I don't think she likes guns.
Old 11-29-2022, 5:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHCA View Post
Good luck, I don't think she likes guns.
Wait, what? Are you suggesting lawmakers get to choose what laws they follow?
Old 11-30-2022, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalBusa View Post
Wait, what? Are you suggesting lawmakers get to choose what laws they follow?
Lawmakers and Sheriff's both. Are you new to CA?
Old 11-30-2022, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikercamper View Post
Let's hope so. Here is an excerpt about the training from the CCSO policy manual Appendix 12, emphasis added.

Sec VII.B.1

The Office of the Sheriff will develop and maintain a course of instruction/training or approve a course provided by a local community colleges. The course shall be offered in such locations and such times, and with such frequency as to allow for reasonable applicant access.
So they are planning to have the community colleges run the CCW training program in Contra Costa County?
Old 11-30-2022, 1:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casoobaru View Post
Lawmakers and Sheriff's both. Are you new to CA?
Sorta, was born here 100 years ago= FNG
Old 12-01-2022, 7:18 AM

Well I got an interview call. Any ideas what to expect?
Old 12-01-2022, 7:25 AM

Copious amounts of jealousy from the rest of us that haven’t yet.
Old 12-01-2022, 7:30 AM

Check (I think) Ron Jeremy's previous posts in this thread. He posted a detailed summary of his interview. Mind sharing when you applied and cleared all Live Scan checks so the rest can gauge where they might be in the pile?
Old 12-01-2022, 7:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel_EBT View Post
I don't think this is a journalist. Also I recently filed a public record request and they told me they stopped sending records over email/electronically.. now only by mail or you can come and pick them up. so I doubt the records (if this person even gets them) will end up being posted to muckrock. if you want to make a public record request email recordsinfo@so.cccounty.us
Oh hey, that's me! They did respond and said my request was too broad. I narrowed it a fair amount and we'll see what they have to say.

As an update, I was contacted by a Sgt to schedule an interview. I applied 23 Jun and Live Scan was received by the department 08 Aug. This is my second time through the process, so I was surprised that it wasn't Pete or Christina that called me. I asked the Sgt about this and he said that he is one of the new hires (or this is a new position he is filling). He was friendly and professional, apologetic of the wait.
Old 12-01-2022, 8:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvannett View Post
Oh hey, that's me! They did respond and said my request was too broad. I narrowed it a fair amount and we'll see what they have to say.

As an update, I was contacted by a Sgt to schedule an interview. I applied 23 Jun and Live Scan was received by the department 08 Aug. This is my second time through the process, so I was surprised that it wasn't Pete or Christina that called me. I asked the Sgt about this and he said that he is one of the new hires (or this is a new position he is filling). He was friendly and professional, apologetic of the wait.

Did they happen to give you a place in queue? You and i applied on the same day and got our livescans back at similar times.
Old 12-01-2022, 9:49 AM

Bonzai - I mailed in July 1st. Livescan completed 8/7. Hope that helps.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigendaisuke View Post
Did they happen to give you a place in queue? You and i applied on the same day and got our livescans back at similar times.
They did not, but the application dates appear to have little to do with your place in line. I think it was on Reddit, but I saw a guy that had identical application and livescan dates, who had his interview in September.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:20 AM

Quote:
They did not, but the application dates appear to have little to do with your place in line. I think it was on Reddit, but I saw a guy that had identical application and livescan dates, who had his interview in September.

What a clusterf u c k.

Old 12-01-2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigendaisuke View Post
What a clusterf u c k.

I agree in the sense that this all could have been avoided had the Sheriff accepted self defense as GC. Now the backlog of applicants are being shoved through a bottleneck. Something to keep in mind is that the employees of the department have very little control over this process. They do as they're ordered from the elected Sheriff.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they seem to be adding resources to the system, instead of just letting it drag on for years.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastyss View Post
Well I got an interview call. Any ideas what to expect?
Old 12-01-2022, 11:24 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I agree in the sense that this all could have been avoided had the Sheriff accepted self defense as GC. Now the backlog of applicants are being shoved through a bottleneck. Something to keep in mind is that the employees of the department have very little control over this process. They do as they're ordered from the elected Sheriff.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they seem to be adding resources to the system, instead of just letting it drag on for years.

My guess is that the activity is due to the news article. They’ll process a handful of applicants (denials due to lack of GMC) until it all blows over and they’ll revert back.

Sorry for my cynical outlook, but I will be glad if I’m wrong. Best of luck to you all.

M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 12-01-2022, 11:27 AM

Default Contra Costa

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
My guess is that the activity is due to the news article. They’ll process a handful of applicants (denials due to lack of GMC) until it all blows over and they’ll revert back.

Sorry for my cynical outlook, but I will be glad if I’m wrong. Best of luck to you all.

They are writing a followup article now. Hopefully there’ll be more activity after this followup.