Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 08-19-2019, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
There are a few mental cases who still haven't applied ... and it's just as well. The last thing we need is those drama queens screwing it up for everyone else when they get wrapped so tight they snap.

Just smile and add them to your Ignore List.

FWIW, when Gore updates his CCW webpage with new total in a week, he should be coming in right about 3,000 CCWs. While that is far short from what we want it, it will have increased by ~10X in just the past 2 years.

https://www.sdsheriff.net/licensing/ccw.html
Who's the mental case??
Old 08-20-2019, 6:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
My plan was using church security and my rural walk as GC. The coyotes have been very bold of late and I've seen them out along my walk at noon!
That could work, especially given all of the church shootings in recent memory (and the one right here in Poway in recent memory).

If you want to carry in your church, there's a possibility you could do it without a CCW. If the church is private property and you have their permission to have a firearm on the premise, you may be able to legally bring your gun in with you. But it would have to be unloaded/separate from ammunition on your drive to and from it. You might consider giving a lawyer a call and seeing if that's possible.

Quote:
I haven't been able to shoot for a year or so anyway, so once I'm able to get in some practice I'll start the process.
It'll probably take you at least a couple of months, maybe more before you actually get the 1st interview. And even after the 1st interview, it's going to be a few months before you get an approval letter. I'd recommend just giving them a call and scheduling your first appointment now if you're interested in going for it. You'll have plenty of time to get to the range and practice.
Old 08-20-2019, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_user View Post
That could work, especially given all of the church shootings in recent memory (and the one right here in Poway in recent memory).

If you want to carry in your church, there's a possibility you could do it without a CCW. If the church is private property and you have their permission to have a firearm on the premise, you may be able to legally bring your gun in with you. But it would have to be unloaded/separate from ammunition on your drive to and from it. You might consider giving a lawyer a call and seeing if that's possible.

It'll probably take you at least a couple of months, maybe more before you actually get the 1st interview. And even after the 1st interview, it's going to be a few months before you get an approval letter. I'd recommend just giving them a call and scheduling your first appointment now if you're interested in going for it. You'll have plenty of time to get to the range and practice.
Actually, we meet in the city's community center. I discussed legally carrying on city property with an FFL friend (whom I worked for, was in the business since the mid-70's and has since passed) and he advised that as long as we were paying rent (which we are) we "owned" the facility and carrying was legal. I would need the CCW as, last I checked, transport was only legal between the range and home (granted, I haven't checked in a while).

I hope to get shooting in a few weeks; had open heart a year ago and a couple titanium plates installed to stabilize my sternum about 8 weeks ago.

THANKS for the advise!
Old 08-20-2019, 3:47 PM

If I apply for CCW in San Diego, will my name be disclosed to the public? I have seen partial application letter published online. Kind of scary!
Old 08-20-2019, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman View Post
If I apply for CCW in San Diego, will my name be disclosed to the public? I have seen partial application letter published online. Kind of scary!
If you just filed an application and were denied Im not sure. However if you were issued a permit YES.

If memory serves, since a 1986 court case (CBS vs. Block) anyone is allowed to file a request to view a list of CCW holders in a specific county through a public records act. However youd need to know the county and youd get a full list as opposed to searching for someone specific.

Rob
Old 08-20-2019, 4:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman View Post
Well if they ever were it would be even more good cause justification.

I've seen stories in the past where some anti group wanted a public map of all CCW and were not successful.

I read many of justifications too published on line.
It's possible if you already knew someone you might be able to deduce from that even with redactions. Assuming you went through and read any of them.

And I suppose there is always a chance some hacker could get hold of something.

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 08-20-2019, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Like what? Still requiring an unreasonable "good cause?" Were I in Riverside or SB counties I wouldn't need Gore's arbitrary "good cause." Peruta wouldn't have been necessary if Gore was as "liberal" as other county Sheriffs. I got my AZ permit in 7 days; the entire process via mail.

Until Gore opens up, to me he's still anti-2nd amendment. No, I haven't applied as I'm sure my "good cause" won't be good enough.

I hope to be proven wrong.

Compare the number of permits issued under his tenure with the number issued in the previous 30 years. You think hes still anti-2A?? You dont have to tell us about XYZ outside of SD County because Gore has no say/control of those areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2019, 7:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
My plan was using church security and my rural walk as GC. The coyotes have been very bold of late and I've seen them out along my walk at noon! I haven't been able to shoot for a year or so anyway, so once I'm able to get in some practice I'll start the process.

Do NOT use church security as GC, that will 100% get you denied as you would be required to have a Guard Card for that.

CCW is for "SELF" defense, you can use the fact that you're concerned with getting there and back, walking by yourself, etc, but leave the security comment and behavior out.
Old 08-20-2019, 7:28 PM

**** deleted ****

Last edited by SpookyWatcher; 08-20-2019 at 7:32 PM..
Old 08-20-2019, 8:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranski View Post
Do NOT use church security as GC, that will 100% get you denied as you would be required to have a Guard Card for that.

CCW is for "SELF" defense, you can use the fact that you're concerned with getting there and back, walking by yourself, etc, but leave the security comment and behavior out.
THANK YOU! I didn't consider that. I do on occasion take home an expensive piece of equipment.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:30 AM

@ezaircon4jc The fact that you're retired with a recent open heart surgery/plates/etc, making you part of a vulnerable population, could potentially be a good thing to touch on as well.
Old 08-24-2019, 6:11 PM

Just got back from a 2hr 1-on-1 handgun training session w/ Bill Desy at the GlockStore.

Overall pretty satisfied with working with him. He had me shoot a few targets, assessed some things I was doing wrong, and then we moved on to a number of different drills to practice with. I left there with a good amount of confidence in knowing what to practice and what to pay attention to in order to improve my handgun marksmanship.

Unfortunately our schedules didn't work out so I won't be taking his full CCW class. I'm scheduled to take my class next week at Discount Gun Mart w/ Kyle Dau (who Bill seemed to know personally and said that he was good). I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 08-24-2019, 9:58 PM

Got my approval via email this past Thursday, 62 days after the 2nd interview. I hope all you other hopeful applicants receive some good news soon! Hang in there.