Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales > New Product Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Product Announcements Vendors, share information about your newest products. Only CGN Vendors can start threads in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #601  
Old 03-20-2019, 7:37 PM
Mesa Defense's Avatar
Mesa Defense Mesa Defense is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chasing Bears
Posts: 1,595
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default .308 KINGPINS and GEN 4 AR MAGLOCKS NOW AVAILABLE!. LIMITED QUANTITIES AVAILABLE!

By any chance have you come up with a solution for 308 lowers with the flange above the takedown pin?
Reply With Quote
  #602  
Old 03-20-2019, 8:04 PM
protohyp's Avatar
protohyp protohyp is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,674
iTrader: 40 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa Defense View Post
By any chance have you come up with a solution for 308 lowers with the flange above the takedown pin?
can you post a pic of the offending flange?
__________________
AR MAGLOCK products reduced an additional 10% for summer!

IN ADDITION:

Purchase any 2 locking kits and get 20% off

Purchase any 3 locking kits and get 25% off

Purchase any 4 or more locking kits and get 30% off



Kingpin and Hyperswitch FAQ and troubleshoot


http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1428078
Reply With Quote
  #603  
Old 03-28-2019, 11:42 AM
Exponent Exponent is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 6
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protohyp View Post
Sorry. I made a mistake. Tha anodizers have the stuff for Gen 4 5.56/.223 Arms. The .308 stuff for Aero M5 is in production now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Protohyp:

I'm the above poster that found the first version of the Gen4 AR10 Maglock had a "too long mag-catch pin" for my Ruger SR-762.

I just got a mail from info@armaglock.com, telling me that they'll exchange it, but for the "Gen 4 .223 / 5.56 catch and shaft", which they're afraid might be too short.

It was my understanding that the "AR-10 Aero" variant was the one that would most likely meet my needs, and that it is a different product than the "Gen 4 .223 / 5.56".

Can you please help clear up any confusion on this? Also, is there an ETA on the "AR-10 Aero" variant?

Thanks!

Last edited by Exponent; 03-28-2019 at 3:16 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #604  
Old 03-28-2019, 12:16 PM
protohyp's Avatar
protohyp protohyp is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,674
iTrader: 40 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exponent View Post
Hi Protohyp:



I'm the above poster that found the first version of the Gen4 AR10 Maglock had a "too long mag-catch pin" for my Ruger SR-762.



I just got a mail from info@armaglock.com, telling me that they'll exchange it, but for the "Gen 4 .223 / 5.56 catch and shaft", which they're afraid might be too short.



It was my understanding that the "AR-10 Aero" variant was the one that would most likely meet my needs, and that it different product than the "Gen 4 .223 / 5.56".



Can you please help clear up any confusion on this? Also, is there an ETA on the "AR-10 Aero" variant?



Thanks!


You are correct. We are waiting for the machine shop for the in between size.

We are also hoping it will fit the SR

I will inform everyone when they’re available here. Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
AR MAGLOCK products reduced an additional 10% for summer!

IN ADDITION:

Purchase any 2 locking kits and get 20% off

Purchase any 3 locking kits and get 25% off

Purchase any 4 or more locking kits and get 30% off



Kingpin and Hyperswitch FAQ and troubleshoot


http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1428078
Reply With Quote
  #605  
Old 04-12-2019, 9:02 AM
code_blue's Avatar
code_blue code_blue is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sack-O-Tomatos
Posts: 3,157
iTrader: 122 / 100%
Default

Hello everyone! I've been communicating with Proto about a few items and promised that I'd report back with my findings.

I've confirmed that the Strike Industries Shift Pins are cross compatible with the Kingpin system. Both the Kinpin detent and Shift Pin detent will work with either device. I've tested both on my dummy lower and did not experience any issues. My combination was using the SI detent pin with the Kingpin spring because it has a bevel that aids in pulling the pin back. The Kingpin detent pin is smaller that the SI one, but you could use either.

This means that you do not need to "gunsmith" out your castle nut to reinstall the traditional takedown pin when going to free state. You simply remove the Kingpin and replace with the Shift Pin's takedown pin. With this system, it is easily convertible between compliant and free state mode.

I have not tested this with the JT kit or other similar systems. I will be cross posting this in another section to give the findings more traction.



https://www.strikeindustries.com/sho...hift-pins.html







Last edited by code_blue; 04-12-2019 at 9:10 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #606  
Old 04-12-2019, 9:26 AM
protohyp's Avatar
protohyp protohyp is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,674
iTrader: 40 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by code_blue View Post
Hello everyone! I've been communicating with Proto about a few items and promised that I'd report back with my findings.

I've confirmed that the Strike Industries Shift Pins are cross compatible with the Kingpin system. Both the Kinpin detent and Shift Pin detent will work with either device. I've tested both on my dummy lower and did not experience any issues. My combination was using the SI detent pin with the Kingpin spring because it has a bevel that aids in pulling the pin back. The Kingpin detent pin is smaller that the SI one, but you could use either.

This means that you do not need to "gunsmith" out your castle nut to reinstall the traditional takedown pin when going to free state. You simply remove the Kingpin and replace with the Shift Pin's takedown pin. With this system, it is easily convertible between compliant and free state mode.

I have not tested this with the JT kit or other similar systems. I will be cross posting this in another section to give the findings more traction.



https://www.strikeindustries.com/sho...hift-pins.html






Thanks Code for that info.

We were initially going to have something custom made but since there was something off the shelf that worked we went with the smaller diameter. It honestly can be a solid pin and doesn't even need a spring behind it because it just needs to capture the channel and be able to rotate.

If you just install the detent to the point where it contacts the back wall of the Kingpin channel and cut the rest of the spring then even a smooth bevel on the detent isn't necessary to get the Kingpin to rotate easier. I think I posted this on #569 about that.

At any rate this is great info...thanks
__________________
AR MAGLOCK products reduced an additional 10% for summer!

IN ADDITION:

Purchase any 2 locking kits and get 20% off

Purchase any 3 locking kits and get 25% off

Purchase any 4 or more locking kits and get 30% off



Kingpin and Hyperswitch FAQ and troubleshoot


http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1428078
Reply With Quote
  #607  
Old 04-27-2019, 10:07 PM
Shinobi9922 Shinobi9922 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 15
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The engineer informed me this week that the Gen 4 that incorporates the changes I did to mine to make it work for my Aero M5E1 are done. So I assume they will be available very soon to everyone.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.
Reply With Quote
  #608  
Old 05-01-2019, 8:05 PM
protohyp's Avatar
protohyp protohyp is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,674
iTrader: 40 / 100%
Default

Coupon code for 10% off all items. Use “protohyp” at checkout at Armaglock.com.

Expires May 3rd at midnight


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
AR MAGLOCK products reduced an additional 10% for summer!

IN ADDITION:

Purchase any 2 locking kits and get 20% off

Purchase any 3 locking kits and get 25% off

Purchase any 4 or more locking kits and get 30% off



Kingpin and Hyperswitch FAQ and troubleshoot


http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1428078
Reply With Quote
  #609  
Old 05-08-2019, 7:49 AM
protohyp's Avatar
protohyp protohyp is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,674
iTrader: 40 / 100%
Default

Just in case you didn't see it in my SIGNATURE!


AR MAGLOCK products reduced an additional 10% for summer!

IN ADDITION:

Purchase any 2 locking kits and get 20% off

Purchase any 3 locking kits and get 25% off

Purchase any 4 or more locking kits and get 30% off
__________________
AR MAGLOCK products reduced an additional 10% for summer!

IN ADDITION:

Purchase any 2 locking kits and get 20% off

Purchase any 3 locking kits and get 25% off

Purchase any 4 or more locking kits and get 30% off



Kingpin and Hyperswitch FAQ and troubleshoot


http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1428078
Reply With Quote
  #610  
Old 05-13-2019, 11:40 AM
Exponent Exponent is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 6
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi9922 View Post
The engineer informed me this week that the Gen 4 that incorporates the changes I did to mine to make it work for my Aero M5E1 are done. So I assume they will be available very soon to everyone.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.
Shinobi-

It's been 2 weeks since your post - have you received and tested your modified-design Gen 4 Maglock yet? I'm just curious, as I'm patiently waiting, so I can try out the same modded part for my SR-762...
Reply With Quote
  #611  
Old 05-14-2019, 8:41 PM
PC57 PC57 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 7
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I'd also like to know if there's a fix for the Aero M5
Reply With Quote
  #612  
Old 05-15-2019, 7:42 AM
protohyp's Avatar
protohyp protohyp is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,674
iTrader: 40 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC57 View Post
I'd also like to know if there's a fix for the Aero M5
there is a fix. everything is in production right now.
__________________
AR MAGLOCK products reduced an additional 10% for summer!

IN ADDITION:

Purchase any 2 locking kits and get 20% off

Purchase any 3 locking kits and get 25% off

Purchase any 4 or more locking kits and get 30% off



Kingpin and Hyperswitch FAQ and troubleshoot


http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1428078
Reply With Quote
  #613  
Old 05-15-2019, 9:16 AM
Mesa Defense's Avatar
Mesa Defense Mesa Defense is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chasing Bears
Posts: 1,595
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Whats the problem with the aero? The flange?
Reply With Quote
  #614  
Old 05-15-2019, 11:41 AM
protohyp's Avatar
protohyp protohyp is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,674
iTrader: 40 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa Defense View Post
Whats the problem with the aero? The flange?


Not as wide as other receivers. Had to creat a different shaft length for the Gen 4’s


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
AR MAGLOCK products reduced an additional 10% for summer!

IN ADDITION:

Purchase any 2 locking kits and get 20% off

Purchase any 3 locking kits and get 25% off

Purchase any 4 or more locking kits and get 30% off



Kingpin and Hyperswitch FAQ and troubleshoot


http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1428078
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:34 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.