Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Hunting and Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hunting and Fishing Rifle, Shotgun, Handgun, Archery, Blackpowder Saltwater and Fresh Water

Old 05-03-2021, 6:43 PM

Default Camo netting

So I am looking for some netting of some sorts to set up a ground blind and leave out 24/7.

I’m planning on using T posts (3). I’m looking for approximately 10’ w by 5’ high.

It’s windy here in the country, I need something the wind can blow through, my thoughts are leave it up 24/7 and then use it to get after the yotes.

Everything I’ve seen is expensive, so anyone have a resource where I can get some bulk camo netting?

Crazy prices right now..... thanks in advance.
Old 05-03-2021, 7:46 PM
Veteran Member

Get some burlap and paint it!
Old 05-03-2021, 7:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Cannot help you with cheap military surplus.

If you own the land or family / family friends, I would look at something more durable for the blind.

If you leave it out there, the yotes will be use to it. If you want to camo it so homeowners don’t see it or thieves, that’s a different scenario.

Schedule time to take new gun owners to the range
Old 05-03-2021, 8:28 PM

Dig a small pit and brush it with branches and tumbleweeds .. juniper works perfect snd keeps color all year
Military surplus crap bleaches out and looks like poop after a month

Last edited by yoteassasin; 05-03-2021 at 8:32 PM..
Old 05-03-2021, 9:09 PM
Calguns Addict

I’ve left camo netting outside at the duck blind and the sun destroys it. I do buy some cheap camo netting every year, usually from Amazon, for the duck hunting season.

You could look at fast grass. Don’t use t-posts. But if you do, get plastic caps for them. Local feed store has plastic poles with a metal spike that goes into the ground.

http://fastgrasscamo.com/

Best to do a natural blind - branches, rocks, etc. If you have access to a tractor, consider digging out an area so there is a low spot to hide your body. Only needs to be 3’ deep. Google pallet and water tote blinds.
Old 05-03-2021, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
Get some burlap and paint it!

Burlap ghillie suits are tinder bundles. This should be the last option. USGI cammo nexts are made with fire resistant materials.

*OP you want a good quality USGI cammo net, preferably new or in good condition. Ive had one sitting on my back patio since the holidays and it is still GTG. I am also speaking from my experience as veteran.

Start with the surplus stores, but they do have shops online that specialize in real military surplus they buy in bulk at government auctions.

"For the transgression of a land many are the princes thereof: but by a man of understanding and knowledge (Jesus/Yashua) the state thereof shall be prolonged."

-The Holy Bible
Old 05-03-2021, 9:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Just build it with some branches. Free.

If you keep shooting yotes in the same spot they wise up.

Last edited by deckhandmike; 05-03-2021 at 9:38 PM..
Old 05-03-2021, 11:06 PM
Calguns Addict

I think I would go with the idea of building it myself and I know this product doesn't exactly fit the size requirements you're looking for but I always thought of it as an interesting / Innovative / futuristic portable hunting blind. It uses a lightweight plastic mirrors to reflect the ground surface, leaves and dirt colors and even snow, so it works in any environment.
It's called the GhostBlind....

https://youtu.be/U2EeappH-zY
Old 05-04-2021, 6:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealocan View Post
I think I would go with the idea of building it myself and I know this product doesn't exactly fit the size requirements you're looking for but I always thought of it as an interesting / Innovative / futuristic portable hunting blind. It uses a lightweight plastic mirrors to reflect the ground surface, leaves and dirt colors and even snow, so it works in any environment.

That is pretty cool. Thanks.

I have zero rocks or trees to build my own natural blind, all grassland. The property has a little roll but not much, also a has a creek going through it that the coyotes cruise all the time. I could haul this out and back all the time however thinking of setting up something then just using it randomly.
Old 05-04-2021, 7:09 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ40 CRUZR View Post
That is pretty cool. Thanks.

I have zero rocks or trees to build my own natural blind, all grassland. The property has a little roll but not much, also a has a creek going through it that the coyotes cruise all the time. I could haul this out and back all the time however thinking of setting up something then just using it randomly.
I hunt coyotes in a similar sounding set up. Turkey blind, pad and rifle on sticks. Camo up really well - maybe a guile jacket. Use shadows and what little hills you have.
Old 05-04-2021, 8:07 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealocan View Post

I’ve seen these advertised but have no experience with them.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1007661753
Old 05-04-2021, 8:47 AM
I need a LIFE!!

If there is a spot on a hill overlooking water, that seems like a good place to set up.

As I get older I appreciate comfort and sitting on the ground for 1-3 hours is something I prefer to no longer do.

Can you set up some pallets along the military crest of the hill? At a 60 degree angle in a half oval pattern. Dig down 6” and connect the pallets together with simpson ties?

Or

Grab some sand bags- and do the same. Set up half an oval at the military crest of the hill. Use the earth behind the bags to fill the bags.

Set up a nice camping chair when it’s time to hunt.

Friends have a ranch outside of Sacramento. After hunting their land for years they set up some permanent blinds in good spots.

Turkeys are not as smart as yotes and have not figured out where the blinds are.... yet

Schedule time to take new gun owners to the range