Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Old 09-24-2021, 9:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Default Biden's Mandate

Question for the legal experts. Why is it that when President Trump signed an executive order that the demorats didn't like, a random judge would block it within a few days(don't know what the terminology is for this) and it wouldn't be enforced until after it went through the courts?

Why is it that Biden's mandatory vaccination mandate has not been challenged or blocked?
Old 09-24-2021, 9:38 AM
Calguns Addict

Not a legal expert but Democrats Judge shop to find a corrupt judge who will do their bidding, not uphold the law.

It is a lot harder to find a corrupt Constitutional Justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run
Old 09-24-2021, 9:45 AM
Calguns Addict

What I'd like to know is what is outlined in this mandate? Employers aren't even talking about it because they've been given no guidance. My bet is this mandate won't be a mandate. They spaced the deadline out so people will have time to go get vaxed. People will be fearful and will do this and then find they didn't have too.
Old 09-24-2021, 9:52 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadon View Post
What I'd like to know is what is outlined in this mandate? Employers aren't even talking about it because they've been given no guidance. My bet is this mandate won't be a mandate. They spaced the deadline out so people will have time to go get vaxed. People will be fearful and will do this and then find they didn't have too.
That is a fair point. Many Employers are following the "Mandate" because they fear the $14000. per employee fines and most of their employees will conform even though there is a good chance the whole thing may eventually get squashed by a Judge

Quote:
Americans vs. Democrats

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

Old 09-24-2021, 9:54 AM
Calguns Addict

It might have something to do with the fact that he did it through an OSHA type mandate regulation. And as it's been pointed out in other places of the internet, OSHA was already severely undermanned just to enforce the many complex safety regulations around our nation. Can you imagine how many employees it would take to confirm that every business is enforcing this new OSHA mandate ruling?

It would be like if OSHA was told, by a senile president, they have to make sure no ladders in the US are taller than 1ft, for the safety of everyone.

Some companies might throw away their bigger now prohibited ladders because they don't want even a slight possibility of them getting caught and potentially catching a big fine that they could probably fight in court (and win, in my opinion).

But the media is not pointing that this mandate is more or less (on the companies with more than 100 employees) realistically unenforceable, unless they have snitches working for them.
Old 09-24-2021, 9:55 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
Not a legal expert but Democrats Judge shop to find a corrupt judge who will do their bidding, not uphold the law.

Why would we need to find a "corrupt Constitutional Justice?"

Below is some samples where a judge has blocked vaccine mandates.

https://www.kagstv.com/article/news/...9-2a4df203b208

https://www.wwnytv.com/2021/09/14/ju...te-ny-state-2/

https://www.gainesville.com/story/ne...ts/5831613001/

Mojave Lever Crew Member

"It is time for us to do what we have been doing and that time is every day. Every day it is time for us to agree that there are things and tools that are available to us to slow this thing down." - Kamala "Heels Up" Harris

Slava Ukraini (Слава Україні)
Old 09-24-2021, 9:58 AM
Calguns Addict

No one seems willing to ask their employer if they have formally received the OSHA mandate.
Afraid of retaliation?
Old 09-24-2021, 9:59 AM

And it's amazing how the Rona will be avoiding companies with less than 100 employees. Such a smart virus.
Old 09-24-2021, 10:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Eastvale View Post
No one seems willing to ask their employer if they have formally received the OSHA mandate.
Afraid of retaliation?

Received an email saying they’re waiting on OSHA. No guidance yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealocan View Post
It might have something to do with the fact that he did it through an OSHA type mandate regulation. And as it's been pointed out in other places of the internet, OSHA was already severely undermanned just to enforce the many complex safety regulations around our nation. Can you imagine how many employees it would take to confirm that every business is enforcing this new OSHA mandate ruling?

It would be like if OSHA was told, by a senile president, they have to make sure no ladders in the US are taller than 1ft, for the safety of everyone.

Some companies might throw away their bigger now prohibited ladders because they don't want even a slight possibility of them getting caught and potentially catching a big fine that they could probably fight in court (and win, in my opinion).

But the media is not pointing that this mandate is more or less (on the companies with more than 100 employees) realistically unenforceable, unless they have snitches working for them.
Then how do we strike it down? We can’t just allow it to stand because we think it’s un enforceable. If your employer is on board with the vaccine mandate and your coworkers are all vaccinated, they will get rid of you and citing the law as an excuse.

Last edited by FNH5-7; 09-24-2021 at 10:07 AM..
Old 09-24-2021, 11:15 AM

I heard no order has been signed yet, so it's not in effect.

Can't overturn what hasn't turned.

Since they would be embarrassed by a reversal, they may be relying on the effect on employers and employees to get a certain percentage to comply with a non-existing order.

"No need to weave fairy tales or parrot the ones you read"

- stonefly-2

Old 09-24-2021, 12:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

I think that the problem is that it is even more difficult to find an HONEST Constitutional Justice.

"Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
I like my guns like the left likes their voters-"undocumented".
Old 09-24-2021, 1:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
That is a fair point. Many Employers are following the "Mandate" because they fear the $14000. per employee fines and most of their employees will conform even though there is a good chance the whole thing may eventually get squashed by a Judge
Here's the thing, there's no guidance from OSHA or anyone on any of it. The wife is a manager and was on a conference call a couple days ago. Nothing was said. They have no employees as it is and other stores are closed some days of the week and are all closing early.
Now we're going to do this during holiday shopping season?
Old 09-24-2021, 1:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Afraid of retaliation?
Just answered above. If I would have seen your post I would have answered you.
Old 09-24-2021, 1:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherryj View Post
I think that the problem is that it is even more difficult to find an HONEST Constitutional Justice.
Touche

Quote:
Americans vs. Democrats

Old 09-27-2021, 11:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I heard no order has been signed yet, so it's not in effect.

Can't overturn what hasn't turned.

Since they would be embarrassed by a reversal, they may be relying on the effect on employers and employees to get a certain percentage to comply with a non-existing order.
That's the problem. The president apparently hasn't even signed the order and employers are already emboldened to threaten with termination those that do not comply. We're already destroying lives and no such order has even been signed yet.
Old 09-28-2021, 4:17 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNH5-7 View Post
That's the problem. The president apparently hasn't even signed the order and employers are already emboldened to threaten with termination those that do not comply. We're already destroying lives and no such order has even been signed yet.
No, but regulations have been released. Linky
https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/new/

See the first PDF
Old 09-28-2021, 4:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post
No, but regulations have been released. Linky
https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/new/

See the first PDF

That addresses the Federal workforce or am I missing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 09-28-2021, 4:35 AM
Calguns Addict

Some Republicans are actually democrats but no democrats are actually Republicans. The majority of the rest of Republicans are punks that are ok with being bent over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherryj View Post
I am a physician. I am held to being "the expert" in medicine. I can't fall back on feigned ignorance and the statement that the patient should have known better than I. When an officer "can't be expected to know the entire penal code", but a citizen is held to "ignorance is no excuse", this is equivalent to ME being able to sue my patient for my own malpractice-after all, the patient should have known better, right?
Old 09-28-2021, 4:47 AM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyca View Post
Some Republicans are actually democrats but no democrats are actually Republicans. The majority of the rest of Republicans are punks that are ok with being bent over.
Bingo.
Old 09-28-2021, 6:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyca View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
Bingo.
Yes, sig-worthy
Old 09-28-2021, 8:24 AM
Calguns Addict

Even without an OSHA mandate companies and their employees have been eager for Warp Speed to finalize and approve a vaccine. It is a company mandate by majority agreement.
Biden's OSHA mandate (if we even see it) makes sure no rogue companies in red states can continue their no mandate policies, currently in place.
Newsome may even come up with mandates on his own like he promised.. Unless it was all hot air
Old 09-28-2021, 8:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Even without an OSHA mandate companies and their employees have been eager for Warp Speed to finalize and approve a vaccine. It is a company mandate by majority agreement.
Biden's OSHA mandate (if we even see it) makes sure no rogue companies in red states can continue their no mandate policies, currently in place.
Newsome may even come up with mandates on his own like he promised.. Unless it was all hot air
Large corporations in red states are just as screwed as the ones in blue states. Vaccine refusal has been turned into a safety issue.
Old 09-28-2021, 8:53 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNH5-7 View Post
Large corporations in red states are just as screwed as the ones in blue states. Vaccine refusal has been turned into a safety issue.
If the OSHA mandates comes through. Utah, and other red state AGs will oppose them in court. 10th Circuit could block. Not all judges believe in these mandates
Most people here oppose the mandate.
Alot of companies here advertise their company is vaccine free.
There is no state mandate as it is not a safety issue here. And, there is no state of emergency.

From four days ago,

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/9/...sue-sean-reyes

But, to date, there is no Federal mandate.

Last edited by Dan_Eastvale; 09-28-2021 at 8:58 AM..
Old 09-28-2021, 9:11 AM
I need a LIFE!!

It may basically be a big Biden bluff. OSHA/White House lawyers may have said "You can't do that!" but companies that were itching to issue mandates feel like they have cover now. There are lawsuits in process so the actual govt mandates might not ever happen.
Old 09-28-2021, 9:30 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I think it's because any lawyer who knows the system knows that if they bring a case now it will be thrown out over standing. They have to wait until people are harmed, fired, loss of income, etc, to have 'standing' for the case to even get accepted.

Now knowing how corrupt the courts are, they could, as they did in one of the Penn cases over vote fraud, claim 'latches', a legal term doing with timing, to sidestep taking up the case on the grounds that the case wasn't filed soon enough.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN compnerd View Post
When the middle east descends into complete chaos in 2-3 years due in part to the actions of this administration I'll necro post about how clueless I was.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
That addresses the Federal workforce or am I missing it?

From my experience with how it’s affecting me, is my company does mostly federal contracts. So we are contractors to the federal government. We are now waiting to see if our contracts will require all employees/contractors to be jabbed. We haven’t heard anything definitive yet, but my company is already getting stats on employees positions. I’m 100% remote, have been for over 6 years. My concern is being required to jab when there is 0% chance I go to an office.
There’s absolutely no reason for me to get it for work, a d it’s a big concern for me right now.

Old 09-28-2021, 11:20 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry4130 View Post
From my experience with how it’s affecting me, is my company does mostly federal contracts. So we are contractors to the federal government. We are now waiting to see if our contracts will require all employees/contractors to be jabbed. We haven’t heard anything definitive yet, but my company is already getting stats on employees positions. I’m 100% remote, have been for over 6 years. My concern is being required to jab when there is 0% chance I go to an office.
There’s absolutely no reason for me to get it for work, a d it’s a big concern for me right now.

Although I work for a private company, they’ve got a ton of employees. I too am 100% work from home. No need at all for me to get jabbed. No harm whatsoever to any other employee. At all. Ever.

The HR dept sent out an email the Friday of the announcement by Biden and basically said that they’re waiting to see how things go. Hopefully they don’t cave since a lot of their employees are permanent work from home.

M&P 15 (Mine)
Old 09-28-2021, 1:00 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

The government contractors mandate is far more likely to survive any court challenges than any of the other mandates, because the way they are implementing it is part of new contract negotiations. If the company agrees as part of a new contract that all workers on the project will be vaccinated, well they agreed to those terms.
Old 09-28-2021, 1:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Although I work for a private company, they’ve got a ton of employees. I too am 100% work from home. No need at all for me to get jabbed. No harm whatsoever to any other employee. At all. Ever.

The HR dept sent out an email the Friday of the announcement by Biden and basically said that they’re waiting to see how things go. Hopefully they don’t cave since a lot of their employees are permanent work from home.
Same here.... "wait and see".

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."
Old 09-28-2021, 3:52 PM

Quote:

I’m in the exact same boat. My program director doesn’t think it will (or should) apply to fully remote, but she said it comes down to how the .gov treats applies it to our contracts.

My director also expects this to be litigated. Which has me wondering will the company let people wait til the end? I mean how do you deal with forcing someone to get the jab, then when you lose lawsuits, just saying oh well? You can’t undo the jab.

Old 09-28-2021, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stix213 View Post
The government contractors mandate is far more likely to survive any court challenges than any of the other mandates, because the way they are implementing it is part of new contract negotiations. If the company agrees as part of a new contract that all workers on the project will be vaccinated, well they agreed to those terms.

Totally understand that, but the way it’s been presented to me is a little different. Almost like it’s whatever the .gov says, not negotiated. If that makes sense.

My company is woke in the diversity and inclusion stuff, but damn I’d hope they’d see this as what it is.

Old 09-29-2021, 9:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
My director also expects this to be litigated. Which has me wondering will the company let people wait til the end? I mean how do you deal with forcing someone to get the jab, then when you lose lawsuits, just saying oh well? You can’t undo the jab.
Well - if they preemptively fire any significant portion of their workforce, good luck finding replacements. Everyone is hiring, no new bodies are being found.

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."