Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 09-18-2021, 6:19 PM

Discovery Channel, wanna be entertainment about many subjects mostly stretched out of reality. My SA85M FEG could do it, but my peepers are now passed that level of shooting. 400 ft hitting coke cans with iron sights late 1990's.

Psalm 1

Last edited by Garand Hunter; 09-18-2021 at 6:21 PM.. Reason: added sentence
Old 09-18-2021, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1A Rifleman View Post
Maybe. Best I could do with a China Norinco AK at 50yds was an 8 inch circle group. Didn’t even bother trying at 100 yds, left that range for the AR and M1A.
My Norinco SKS gets 6 inch at 100 yards easy. You just have to know how to adjust the sights.
There are YouTube videos with 400 plus yards getting consistent hits.
Old 09-19-2021, 6:19 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by akjunkie View Post
Ahh, the propaganda video were my penis is more accurate if the lights are dimmed and you’re wearing shaded glasses video?

That was the basis for this topic?
Old 09-19-2021, 3:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmeloLaabdie View Post
Recently a friend of mine sent me a youtube where discovery channel made a comparision between the m16 and the AK 47.Two guy were shooting them at a indoor range.The guy with the AK 47,who is a gun expert,shot 5 rounds but only one hit the target.Since this means that you can hit only the 20% of the targets you're shooting at.So...the question is:How the hell is that possible?
When I was serving in the SLO army, we were equipped with the M70.To qualify, you had to hit the target(fatal wounds, center of the mass or head) at least 25/30 times-at 200-250m(220y-275yds).And I was at 28/30.So how is it possible that an expert(experienced shooter) wasn't able to place 4/5 or even 5/5 on the target?...IMO he should switch to another job

What reason do you have to take anything produced by the Discovery Channel seriously? Check yourself for brain damage.
Old 09-19-2021, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmeloLaabdie View Post
Recently a friend of mine sent me a youtube where discovery channel made a comparision between the m16 and the AK 47.Two guy were shooting them at a indoor range.The guy with the AK 47,who is a gun expert,shot 5 rounds but only one hit the target.Since this means that you can hit only the 20% of the targets you're shooting at.So...the question is:How the hell is that possible?
When I was serving in the SLO army, we were equipped with the M70.To qualify, you had to hit the target(fatal wounds, center of the mass or head) at least 25/30 times-at 200-250m(220y-275yds).And I was at 28/30.So how is it possible that an expert(experienced shooter) wasn't able to place 4/5 or even 5/5 on the target?...IMO he should switch to another job
Sounds sketchy to me. I've only shot an AK once, and it was owned by a friend 120% into AKs. He had that rifle so dialed in that I could ring steel 8 shots our of 10 at 200yd with irons, never having shot the rifle (or any Ak) before.
Old 09-19-2021, 9:02 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I’ve owned plenty of AK and SKS rifles. All were capable of easily hitting 2/300 yards man size targets. I had a Saiga, MAK90, and a SKS. Unless there is something seriously wrong with the rifle there should be no issue hitting at that 200 yard distance. Given the shooter him or herself isn’t the issue
My Yugo 59 was very accurate. The MAK wasn’t but it was mostly me because I had big hands and the thumbhole stock was ridiculously small and it was uncomfortable for me to shoot. I had to keep my hand in a uncomfortable position. It never got better so I sold it. . The Saiga was also very accurate.
Old 09-19-2021, 9:46 PM

At 3:36 the smiling guy jerked the trigger. That plus the rifles weren't zeroed is my guess.

Sent from my booger hook using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2021, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordupmybrotha View Post
With or without a scope?
With just iron sights, it's not a walk in the park.
I Agree With you actually.