Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2020, 4:00 PM

Default Left Coast Tactical shutting down

All,

As many of you know, Left Coast Tactical temporarily shut down on 31 December 2019 due to a dispute with their landlord. They were looking for another location, but I just exchanged emails with the owner today, who informed me that they're going to be giving up their license and closing their doors for good.

First Shooting Shack, then Kilroys, now Left Coast Tactical. We're losing some very good FFLs in the greater Sacramento area.

I know stuff is cheap online, but please consider supporting your local businesses as best you can (I bought four firearms from Left Coast Tactical in the last year).

Respectfully,
butlers
- Parts and Accessories: $5 Blue Force Gear sling sleeve, $75 Bushnell Engage 2-7x36 scope, $20 Pachmayr recoil pad, $25 Remington padded sling with sling swivels, $10 UTG 30mm scope rings, $5 UTG riser

Looking For:
- 10mm hardcast flat nose rounds (e.g. Lehigh, Underwood)
Old 02-02-2020, 7:07 AM

Folks need to understand at that having an online gun purchase sent to a LGS for FFL services is not really doing "business" with said LGS.

It costs money to have and maintain a brick and mortar LGS presence and one can't do that on FFL fees alone. If folks don't buy guns, ammo, and gear at the LGS, it won't be there for long.
Old 02-02-2020, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butlers View Post
... They were looking for another location, but I just exchanged emails with the owner today, who informed me that they're going to be giving up their license and closing their doors for good...
Are they currently closed for good, or will it happen in the near future?
Old 02-03-2020, 2:21 PM

Before I emigrated, Left Coast Tactical was my go to for ffl and private party transfers. The are good people.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-03-2020, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakebaker916 View Post
Are they currently closed for good, or will it happen in the near future?
They shut their doors on 31 December 2019. At the time, they posted on Facebook that they were looking into another lease in the Sacramento area and planned to re-open soon. When I noticed that they had shut down their Facebook page, I reached out to the owner via email, who informed me that they're giving up their FFL.

Thus, in retrospect, 31 December 2019 was not a temporary closure, but the final day.
- Parts and Accessories: $5 Blue Force Gear sling sleeve, $75 Bushnell Engage 2-7x36 scope, $20 Pachmayr recoil pad, $25 Remington padded sling with sling swivels, $10 UTG 30mm scope rings, $5 UTG riser

Looking For:
- 10mm hardcast flat nose rounds (e.g. Lehigh, Underwood)
Old 02-03-2020, 6:07 PM
Veteran Member

That sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200Apples View Post
Civilization is four missed meals unwiped po0ps away from anarchy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezfoo View Post
And the lord appeared unto him and spoketh "tere henges". And he did knoweth in two weeks shall be the terrible boating accident whereas upon the mighty waves will the shoulder thing that goes up be lost beneath the sea. All rise. Sit down. Rise again. Sit down. Behold the non homo dancing. Amen
Old 02-04-2020, 7:08 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Another sign of the times.
Old 02-04-2020, 8:31 AM

dammit, they always had good off roster consignments every time I went there, was hoping to spend my "stupid purchase of the year" money there this year...
Old 02-05-2020, 1:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post
Folks need to understand at that having an online gun purchase sent to a LGS for FFL services is not really doing "business" with said LGS.

It costs money to have and maintain a brick and mortar LGS presence and one can't do that on FFL fees alone. If folks don't buy guns, ammo, and gear at the LGS, it won't be there for long.

Yes, it is very difficult to survive as an FFL alone. It has to be a business that happens to have an FFL to survive. The money isn't in the guns and many facilities operate in the black if not red.

In my years of being in the business, I've learned that gun owners can be just as entitled and arrogant as any other person out there.
Old 02-25-2020, 5:01 PM
Vendor/Retailer

I am a FFL located in Folsom, CA so pretty much within the same proximity of Left Coast Tactical. I have a good number of customers came over because Left Coast Tactical was not available. I would like to extend my offer to help Left Coast Tactical on any FFL transfers that they have to do. Would someone please let Left Coast Tactical know?

Thanks.

To Left Coast Tactical,
Hope you guys able to fair through the storm.

Ricky.
916.680.9888 / sales@loyalarms.com
Facebook | Yelp