Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2014, 7:13 PM

Default Sacramento Gun Club - Now Open

EDIT:

New Hours of Operation beginning Monday, July 6, 2015:

Monday through Thursday 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Friday and Saturday 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Sunday 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Hello CGN,

We appreciate the support that the community has given us. We are still figuring out the vibe of the local community and getting a feel for the area. We hope to grow with all of you as family.

We are currently open for business and need to work out the bugs before setting an official grand opening date. We want to provide services that will promote a safe and mature environment to the firearms community.

Please arrive with your firearms unloaded and locked inside of cases. Do not leave firearms in your vehicle. We will hold them for you at our range counter.

You will be greeted by an NRA certified Range Safety Officer (RSO) at the door. Please follow instructions from there.

CCW holders and LEO may carry into the building, however if you intend to practice with your carry firearm, please keep it holstered until you reach the firing line.

Given the "attention" we've had before opening, we need your help in accomplishing our mission of promoting a positive image of the firearms community. We ask that you respect our policies and rules.

Please post comments and questions here. Thank you.
Mon-Thu 11 AM-9 PM | Fri-Sat 9 AM-9 PM | Sun 10-5 PM

Glock Blue Label Provider | Promotions | Pistol League | Sacramento | Norcal

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 06-30-2015 at 4:37 PM..
Old 12-07-2014, 9:18 PM

Hello and welcome. Been watching your progress for months now. Glad to see you guys finally open. I'm sure it's been a long journey from conception to completion. filled with many personal and public battles.

I wanted to thank you for taking the plunge and choosing this type of business. California is not the best state to wake up one morning, and decide your going to open a public range. We as responsible shooters here in California need more places to shoot. So Thank You!

I have not had a chance to come see you guys just yet. I will soon
From what I hear you guys have a really nice place. Some calgun members have already posted about there visits in another thread.
Sounds like you guys are putting in the effort to keep it a safe place.

While I know that some people might be put off by some of your procedures. They have to understand that your a new gun range. That it's better to be safe then sorry. All it takes is one accident, even a small one. To bring much un needed attention to the new gun range. I'm sure you'll want to avoid any negative attention especially in the first 12 months.

People also need to understand these rules and procedures most likely will change and evolve over time.

You already stated that you want to hear from us. For us to tell you what we like and don't like. So I say to those who have issues to please let Sacramento gun club know how you feel.

Personally, I'm looking forward to having a place that has some stricter rules.
I have seen and heard too many stories of bad behavior and ranges. Better to be safe then sorry..

PS
Thanks for being open to the public. I was a little worried you guys might end up being members only. Like the stupid capital gun club in roseville
Let us hope our weapons are never needed but do not forget what the common people of this nation knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny.
Edward Abbey

Last edited by Hayduke Lives; 12-07-2014 at 10:00 PM..
Old 12-07-2014, 9:33 PM

Thank you again, Hayduke. You are absolutely correct in your comments.

Our employees are very well-rounded and have very unique backgrounds with several years of Military, LE, Fire, First Responder and LGS/Range experience. Most of them work here simply because they love being a part of the firearms community and genuinely enjoy sharing information as well as learning from our clients.

We encourage you all to come and experience the range for yourselves. Our goal is to have each and every person leave a little better off than when they came in.

Come for the services, stay for the experience.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have a question about CCWs...

What is your policy regarding carrying concealed at your facility?

When I visited (and not carrying concealed), I noticed your sign in the parking lot "No Firearms In Vehicles", and I was approached going from the parking lot to the side walkway by one of your reps and asked if I was carrying concealed, etc...

So, if I can't lock my legal CCW weapon in my car lockbox, and can't carry concealed, what are your rules?

Thanks!

To be is to do. (Plato)

Do be do be do. (Sinatra)
Old 12-07-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet-wyatt View Post
I have a question about CCWs...

What is your policy regarding carrying concealed at your facility?

When I visited (and not carrying concealed), I noticed your sign in the parking lot "No Firearms In Vehicles", and I was approached going from the parking lot to the side walkway by one of your reps and asked if I was carrying concealed, etc...

So, if I can't lock my legal CCW weapon in my car lockbox, and can't carry concealed, what are your rules?

Thanks!
Hello, Wyatt.

You may carry concealed as mentioned in my initial post. You were likely asked if you were carrying so that you could be advised of our procedures.

We understand that most CCW holders are responsible enough to do so on their own, but please consider that it becomes our liability when someone doesn't know to keep their carry firearm holstered and concealed at all times until they reach the firing line.

We ask that you provide us with the courtesy of your CCW/LEO status upon arrival and follow instructions from there. Thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 12-07-2014 at 10:42 PM..
Old 12-07-2014, 10:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacramento Gun Club View Post
Hello, Wyatt.

You may carry concealed as mentioned in my initial post. You were likely asked if you were carrying so that you could be advised of our procedures.

We understand that most CCW holders are responsible enough to do so on their own, but please consider that it becomes our liability when someone doesn't know to keep their carry firearm holstered and concealed at all times until they reach the firing line.

We ask that you provide us with the courtesy of your CCW status upon arrival and follow instructions from there. Thank you for your cooperation.
Sounds great - Thank you for the quick answer!

My wife and I will visit to get more info on your memberships, and most likely join since we live in Rancho Cordova...!

To be is to do. (Plato)

Do be do be do. (Sinatra)
Old 12-07-2014, 10:46 PM

Outstanding, Wyatt. We hope that you two will have a pleasant time.

Feel free to mention this CGN thread. It'll help us to track the support received from the CGN community.

Thank you.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:41 AM
Veteran Member

Do you plan on increasing your initiation fee again in the near future or perhaps dropping the initiation fee back down for the Grand Opening? I was going to join this coming Tues nite but I read in the other thread that it had been increased.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:42 AM
Veteran Member

BTW, welcome to CalGuns and wish ya the best of luck.
Old 12-08-2014, 1:07 AM

Thank you for the wishes, Diver. Unfortunately, we don't have much wiggle room due to the cost of start-up.

The original fees were promotional during the initial test opening. After the first two weeks, management determined that until we have more consistent traffic, we need to maintain a flat level of income before considering promotional prices.

I do not know what the official grand opening plans are yet so I cannot comment there. My apologies.

We will continue to honor the application discounts for military and law enforcement as well as the retail discounts offered to all membership levels.

Please pay us a visit and speak with our Memberships Department. They will have more definite answers for you.

Old 12-08-2014, 1:41 AM

Can't wait to be there this coming day off this week.

By the way, can I use the same lane for my pistol and rifle?
Old 12-08-2014, 1:59 AM

Sounds great!

That topic is still pending finalization. We won't know for sure until there is enough traffic to establish what will be the most safe route to use without taking away from modularity.

So, at this time we are allowing pistols in the rifle range (not the other way around), however I will also say that it is at the discretion of the RSOs on staff, lane availability, and weapon type/caliber. They can guide you upon your arrival.

Our pistol and rifle ranges are physically separated rooms, 50 yard rifle and 25 yard pistol, however if you're shooting pistol in the rifle range, they're likely not going to put you next to a high caliber rifle for obvious reasons.

See you then!

Old 12-08-2014, 6:21 AM

Do you allow non-members to use the range? What is the cost? Starting next week I will be working near by.
Old 12-08-2014, 6:24 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Looks like you are near my office. So if I have an AR Pistol I want to shoot....am I over in the pistol or rifle range. I'm guessing rifle.

Quote:
CCW holders and LEO may carry into the building, however if you intend to practice with your carry firearm, please keep it holstered until you reach the firing line.
I hope other ranges pay attention to this. I could never understand pro-2A places that frown upon this.

"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"- Patrick Henry.

Our Founders Views Regarding the 2nd Amendment - Right to Keep and Bear Arms

Last edited by adrenaline; 12-08-2014 at 6:29 AM.. Reason: quoting
Old 12-08-2014, 11:57 AM

We are open to the public. Members do not pay range fees, may come in as often as they'd like, and do not have time limits.

Current Non-Members range fees are $25/hr for rifle and $17/hr for pistol. Payment for the initial 1 hour block is due when you check in and you pay for any additional time when you check out. Please ask the Range Staff during your visit if you have further questions on range policies and/or range fees.

"AR pistols" and similar firearms using rifle calibers will be placed in the rifle range, however lane assignment will be at the discretion of the RSOs on staff. Please advise the staff if you intend to use that style of firearm and they will advise you from there.

Thank you.

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 12-08-2014 at 12:02 PM..
Old 12-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

Do you allow draw from holster shots for CCW holders and double taps? Thanks,
Old 12-08-2014, 1:45 PM

I became a Bronze member the first week the SGC opened and have shot there 6 times. The facility is top rate and the people working there are very friendly and have always given me tips on shooting when I'm in the range. If you want to keep your brass, the RSO will sweep them into a corner for you.

They do have strict rules, but once you know the routine its second nature.
There is a gunsmith named Chad who is very young but loves his trade and will help you with any gun issues. Currently he is working on an old Higgins 22 of mine.

To me, the Sacramento Gun Club is a classy joint with state of the art equipment and a professional staff. A dream come true for this guy!
Old 12-08-2014, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky.Hawk View Post
Do you allow draw from holster shots for CCW holders and double taps? Thanks,
Anyone may draw from the holster at the discretion of the RSOs. If you are able to properly control your firearm, then you are good to go. The RSOs can guide you through the process.

Controlled rapid fire is allowed. Again, our main concern is if you can safely control your firearm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
I became a Bronze member the first week the SGC opened and have shot there 6 times. The facility is top rate and the people working there are very friendly and have always given me tips on shooting when I'm in the range. If you want to keep your brass, the RSO will sweep them into a corner for you.

There is a gunsmith named Chad who is very young but loves his trade and will help you with any gun issues. Currently he is working on an old Higgins 22 of mine.

To me, the Sacramento Gun Club is a classy joint with state of the art equipment and a professional staff. A dream come true for this guy!

Thank you for the comments, Marks! It's a pleasure to have you with us.

Chad is a true, certified and educated gunsmith. You are correct that it is his trade. He is on staff specifically for gunsmith duties only. He is not one of those "gunsmiths" who knows how to install sights and was given the title. I'm sure that your Higgins will come back feeling like a whole new firearm.

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 12-08-2014 at 5:02 PM..
Old 12-09-2014, 8:42 PM

WOW! My wife and I just had our visit this morning. This place is like nothing I have seen before. I would have never imagined a shooting range, to be this nice.

This place is top notch. It's got a full on gun shop with accessories and apparel. Several large lounging areas. Training/class rooms, including one with a digital simulator. "Forgot to ask if they had a zombie scenario to load in the simulator" Changing rooms with lockers and showers. They even employee a full time gunsmith. Separate pistol and rifle ranges, all are well lit and super clean. They got some serious air movers in this building. No worries about breathing in any lead. Draw from holster, rapid fire. Steel cased ammo is ok. Plus you can keep your brass. The RSO will ask you before he sweeps it past the firing line.

The staff were all very pleasant, friendly attentive. Including our Range Officer. This guy was super chill. On the ball with safety. He was patient not some drill Sargent.

Sacramento Gun Club does put allot of emphases on safety. You're supposed to watch a short video before you shoot. If your new to Sac Gun Club. It may sound stupid, but too many people off the street will swear up and down they know what they are doing.
However on our visit they had trouble getting the video to stream from the office. We did a brief walk through with the RO instead. ''Still working out some kinks in their second week I guess"

Yes they do have a locked bag/case rule. This is new to me. However it makes sense. This helps prevents any losers from thinking it's a good idea to show off his/her new gun while hanging out in the common areas.

I want to join ASAP. Only wish I had signed up. When I was offered the $49 joining fee. Last month I sent a request email for joining info. I received a email with a link to a application. However I chickened out because I had not seen the inside or was I able to call and to talk to anyone. No phone number was posted at the time

Anyway I hope to meet some of you fellow calguners there in the future.
My wife and I usually try and wear our calgun shirts when we go to local ranges. So feel free to say HI
Let us hope our weapons are never needed but do not forget what the common people of this nation knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny.
Edward Abbey

Last edited by Hayduke Lives; 12-09-2014 at 8:55 PM..
Old 12-09-2014, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Chad is a true, certified and educated gunsmith. You are correct that it is his trade. He is on staff specifically for gunsmith duties only. He is not one of those "gunsmiths" who knows how to install sights and was given the title. I'm sure that your Higgins will come back feeling like a whole new firearm.
While on the range today a gentleman next to us was having a small issue with his gun
Not too sure what it was? It was not a safety issue, but a performance issue. The RSO radioed Chad to come to the range and take a look. He was there in just a few minutes to talk to the guy. A+ service
Edward Abbey
Old 12-10-2014, 12:21 AM

Thank you again for the kind words, Hayduke. We hope that you come back to join the family.

We still do have a few bugs to work out, but we are up and running and your feedback will surely aid us in continuously improving.

I'll keep a look out for you when I'm there.

Old 12-10-2014, 1:30 PM

This is unfortunate. I wish it was more clear on the website that this was a limited time promotional offer. As far as I know there was nothing about that at all. I know quite a few people that were expressing interest in signing up and are now on the fence about it (myself included).

I guess that's what I get for being slow and hesitant.

Just a suggestion. Add the ability to pay with credit cards. That's pretty commonplace these days, even food trucks offer that. Answer your emails off the webpage form. I've used it 2x and got 0 response.

You might want to consider rerunning the promo for a limited time and advertise it on the local forums. I think you'd get a good response.

GL with the business. I hope you folks do well.

Quote:
Thank you for the wishes, Diver. Unfortunately, we don't have much wiggle room due to the cost of start-up.

The original fees were promotional during the initial test opening. After the first two weeks, management determined that until we have more consistent traffic, we need to maintain a flat level of income before considering promotional prices.

I do not know what the official grand opening plans are yet so I cannot comment there. My apologies.

We will continue to honor the application discounts for military and law enforcement as well as the retail discounts offered to all membership levels.

Please pay us a visit and speak with our Memberships Department. They will have more definite answers for you.
Old 12-10-2014, 2:32 PM

Thank you shoman. We are working on the details of our grand opening, however I am not sure of the specifics yet.

The credit card function is being worked on by our membership department. It's a matter of deciding the vendor and how to maintain the options without affecting cost to the members. I'm sure that memberships will advertise the option once it becomes available.

As for the emails, I know that there were kinks with our email server. My best recommendation would be to either call or physically come in to speak with Amy. She'll take care of you.

We really appreciate that you're standing by us as we ramp up. I will most definitely post here once we decide the details of our grand opening. Thank you.

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 12-10-2014 at 2:42 PM..
Old 12-10-2014, 2:42 PM

It looks like our applications are available online now. It would be best to print, fill out and bring in.

http://sacramentogunclub.com/visit-us

Additionally, to ensure that you all receive a full range session, we stop taking in shooters one hour before closing. Our retail department will remain open. Please note the hours of operation in my signature below.

Please also note that we are closed early on Friday, 12/19 @ 6PM.

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 12-10-2014 at 2:48 PM..
Old 12-12-2014, 6:24 PM

Hello Everyone,

Tell us what you think of our facility and anything additional you would like to see.

If you have not visited, tell us what you want to see offered to the community.

Thank you for the assistance.

Old 12-12-2014, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post

Marks, it was a pleasure to meet you in person and to put a face to the name.

Feel free to let us know that you are from the CGN community. It's always a pleasure to meet those who support us.

Old 12-14-2014, 5:24 PM

I was at this range during this weekend and I must say this place is awesome!

The only thing that will keep shooters from frequenting this place is the fee. They charge you by the hour. I asked if I stayed an additional 30 minutes should I be charged for 30 mins? They said I should be charged the whole 1 hour. I hope they will change their policy on this. Shopting is becoming an expensive hobby.

If I want to introduce a friend to shooting then this is not the place to go because there is no way the range officer will allow me to stand behind my friend while he shoots.

Otherwise, this is the place to go if you want to enjoy shooting without the worries of unsafe shooters.

To my friends, especially the ones I introduced to firearms, I already informed them of this place and they will visit this place on their next trip to the range.

Last edited by Nurse_Rep; 12-15-2014 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: grammar
Old 12-16-2014, 6:40 PM

Nurse_Rep, I'm getting clarification on the additional time charge. I'll have an answer for the community as soon as I receive confirmation.

Thanks

Old 12-16-2014, 6:44 PM

In the mean time, here are a few photos for those of you who haven't visited yet:

Sales counters

AR15 build section

Magazines and firearms accessories galore!

Clothing: 5.11, Browning, Beretta, etc... and the entrance to the rifle range

Restricted access gun vaults. Free with every VIP membership and available upon request to all other members for a small fee.

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 12-28-2014 at 1:10 AM..
Old 12-16-2014, 6:47 PM

In the mean time, here are a few photos for those of you who haven't visited yet:

Sales counters

AR15 build section

Magazines and firearms accessories galore!

Clothing: 5.11, Browning, Beretta, etc... and the entrance to the rifle range

Restricted access gun vaults. Free with every VIP membership and available upon request to all other members for a small fee.

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 12-28-2014 at 1:11 AM..
Old 12-17-2014, 11:35 AM

I've been to the club about 3 times now and am officially a member. I appreciate the emphasis you guys place on safety in contrast to other indoor ranges that I've been to. It's nice that you guys have an RSO in every room.

My suggestion would be to update your main website. For people who've never been there, the website would typically be the first place they visit to get info. Currently, your FAQ and Range Info pages still show "Coming Soon". There's no info about range rules, pistol/rifle distances, or how much it would cost a non-member to shoot there.
Old 12-17-2014, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstrigger View Post
My suggestion would be to update your main website. For people who've never been there, the website would typically be the first place they visit to get info. Currently, your FAQ and Range Info pages still show "Coming Soon". There's no info about range rules, pistol/rifle distances, or how much it would cost a non-member to shoot there.
I agree, I just talked to a neighbor who had heard about the new club. He even checked out the website. He was under the impression it was a members only deal.
Edward Abbey

Last edited by Hayduke Lives; 12-17-2014 at 7:34 PM..
Old 12-17-2014, 7:35 PM

Quote:
I've been to the club about 3 times now and am officially a member. I appreciate the emphasis you guys place on safety in contrast to other indoor ranges that I've been to. It's nice that you guys have an RSO in every room.
You wont find any of this going on at the range
Edward Abbey
Old 12-18-2014, 4:03 PM

Some clarification on weapon transport from vehicle to check in.

All my weapons carriers are soft sided, both handgun and long gun. I assume that is not acceptable?

Would a trigger lock on the gun inside the soft case be acceptable?
Old 12-18-2014, 4:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke Lives View Post
I agree, I just talked to a neighbor who had heard about the new club. He even checked out the website. He was under the impression it was a members only deal.
Thank you, gentlemen. We our in the process of changing vendors for our website management. It would be best to call or visit the range for questions. Additionally, you may ask me here and I will do my best to answer promptly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke Lives View Post
You wont find any of this going on at the range
Nice one, Hayduke! The guy's got skills, but we surely can't have any of that on site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John J View Post
Some clarification on weapon transport from vehicle to check in.

All my weapons carriers are soft sided, both handgun and long gun. I assume that is not acceptable?

Would a trigger lock on the gun inside the soft case be acceptable?

Soft cases are absolutely acceptable. Whether you choose to use a trigger lock on your firearms is up you, however our policy requires that the bags/containers themselves are locked (the slot/compartment where the firearms are physically located).

If you have a CCW, carry it in as you normally would. Just keep your pistol holstered until you reach the firing line if you intend to practice with it.

Thank you all for your feedback and interest.

Old 12-18-2014, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Rep View Post
The only thing that will keep shooters from frequenting this place is the fee. They charge you by the hour. I asked if I stayed an additional 30 minutes should I be charged for 30 mins? They said I should be charged the whole 1 hour. I hope they will change their policy on this. Shopting is becoming an expensive hobby.
Quote:
Nurse_Rep, I'm getting clarification on the additional time charge. I'll have an answer for the community as soon as I receive confirmation.

Thanks

I have clarification on this topic. You will be charged the full additional hour. However you wish to utilize the additional hour is up to you and your party.

Please note that if you are a member, your time is unlimited and your range fee is waived.

If you shoot more than once a month, I highly recommend that you join our family.

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 12-19-2014 at 10:56 AM..
Old 12-18-2014, 5:00 PM

Thank you all for the feedback and support! It is definitely appreciated. We are offering a "Thank you for your support" gift to all Calguns members...

When you sign up for a membership, you will get a free Sacramento Gun Club T-Shirt. I'll see if we can extend this for existing CGN members who've already signed up as SGC members.

Just quote this message and post a comment. Print out your post, quoting me, and bring it in to redeem your SGC T-Shirt.

We will keep this going for CGN members while supplies last as we have a limited quantity of the T-Shirts.

See you soon and thank you again for the support!

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 12-18-2014 at 5:03 PM..
Old 12-18-2014, 6:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Made my first visit earlier this week. It's a great place and I'd recommend it to anyone.

There is however one policy I'm uncomfortable with and that's not being able to keep my range bag at my shooting lane.

I don't particularly care for the policy of only one gun on the bench. I often prefer to alternate guns and I'm now comparing two new guns. But I could live with the single gun on bench policy. But your requirement that I leave my range bag with all my equipment, ammo and a couple thousand $$ worth of guns unattended in the back of the room, I find unacceptable. Yes, there's an RSO in the room, but when you get busy and all the lanes in a room are full and people coming and going, it will be impossible for you to be 100% certain who is walking out with who's range equipment.

When I asked why that was the policy I was told it was because 'families used the range and we want to keep everyone safe'. Allowing me to keep my bag under the bench, in no way reduces the safety of anyone and it actually improves the safety and ensures my equipment is secure.

Please bring this up to you management team. I look forward to their response.
Old 12-19-2014, 2:36 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDub1950 View Post
Made my first visit earlier this week. It's a great place and I'd recommend it to anyone.

There is however one policy I'm uncomfortable with and that's not being able to keep my range bag at my shooting lane.

I don't particularly care for the policy of only one gun on the bench. I often prefer to alternate guns and I'm now comparing two new guns. But I could live with the single gun on bench policy. But your requirement that I leave my range bag with all my equipment, ammo and a couple thousand $$ worth of guns unattended in the back of the room, I find unacceptable. Yes, there's an RSO in the room, but when you get busy and all the lanes in a room are full and people coming and going, it will be impossible for you to be 100% certain who is walking out with who's range equipment.

When I asked why that was the policy I was told it was because 'families used the range and we want to keep everyone safe'. Allowing me to keep my bag under the bench, in no way reduces the safety of anyone and it actually improves the safety and ensures my equipment is secure.

That really makes no sense ... One would think a range bag full of handguns under your direct control would make it a safer place to shoot ..Starting to get a weird Vibe about this place !

Last edited by becxltoo984; 12-19-2014 at 3:05 AM..
Old 12-19-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDub1950 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by becxltoo984 View Post
That really makes no sense ... One would think a range bag full of handguns under your direct control would make it a safer place to shoot ..Starting to get a weird Vibe about this place !
I completely understand your desire to have your range bag next to you. The reason for this policy is to avoid trip hazards on the firing line. Given the limited spacing at each lane, it is completely logical have this policy in place in order to minimize the risk of accidents. Please understand that this is a safety and liability issue.

Additionally, our targeted clientele are the mature and responsible firearms enthusiasts. We will not allow any sort of shady behavior.

Our RSO's and multiple cameras monitor each and every section of the range. Your bags containing your firearms would be locked when not at the firing line in accordance without our safety policies as well. You should have no concerns regarding your items.

I understand that it is a change from what you are "used to", but we are creating an environment where you can come to relax and feel absolutely comfortable. We want you to focus on your training and task, not if the person next to you is a knucklehead.

On another note, please understand that SGC and our policies will evolve with our members. In the event that this policy in question needs to be reviewed to mutually benefit our needs for safety and the needs of our members, we will look into it. We are not so strict that we are not flexible. If you have a situation that requires you to have a bag next to you, advise the RSOs on staff and they will work with you.

We respectfully ask that you aid us in our growth by respecting our policies. Thank you again for your support.

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 12-19-2014 at 10:44 AM..