Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2018, 1:19 PM

Default Gray Ops Training - would highly recommend

I took their fundamental / intermediate handgun package back on 5/5 and 5/6 for my CCW cert out at Sac Valley Shooting Center, and it was my first time taking any kind of formal firearms training so I wasn't really sure what to expect. That being said, it definitely exceeded my expectations. The drills / exercises they use start with basic fundamentals like dry-firing and grip, and then all the way to moving navigating obstacles, so I could progressively see myself get better as the weekend went on. Gordon at Pat were excellent instructors as well. It's one thing to have decades of experience and training like they do, but its another to be able to teach that to experienced and inexperienced students so they improve (which they did very well) vs. just beating somebody over the head with the same info over and over. They are also very good about maintain a safe environment, not once was there any issues that made me feel uneasy.

One thing that definitely won me over was that I had convinced my girlfriend to take it with me as well. She had been shooting several times before but wasn't particularly familiar with firearms. Going into the course she wasn't particularly excited, but left absolutely loving it and ready to go shooting more, take more classes, and substantially more confident about shooting. That I think is the biggest tell about the quality of their classes.

Round count they list is pretty accurate, I shot ~750 rounds the whole weekend including the CCW qualifying with 2 guns. I would recommend having 3 magazine carriers, as some of the drills you want to start with an empty gun but once ready will need the loaded gun and 2 extra mags.

Needless to say I'll be taking more classes with them.

http://www.gofast1.com
Old 06-12-2018, 8:32 PM

Took a couple of their courses in the past: Shotgun and Low Light Handgun. Enjoyed the classes. As good as Front Sight; just more abbreviated and closer to home.
Old 06-12-2018, 9:02 PM

Hey, I know that guy! Gordon Gray that is. Good people though I have not spoken with him in quite a few years.
"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich quick theory of life." - Theodore Roosevelt

There is always a well-known solution to every human problem neat, plausible, and wrong. - H.L. Mencken