Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2015, 3:04 PM

For JohnJ,

I'd get one two-rifle case and a locking range bag for the handguns. And I've seen guys on other ranges use a large rifle case to carry in SIX handguns.

There's no rule I know of, that dictates how many guns can be in a case, as long as it will lock.
Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 09-30-2015, 4:21 PM

Default Thanks for that..

From what I have read here and elsewhere I will pass on them. Gun range people scare me and I have no desire to have to keep one eye on my property behind me and one eye on the inexperienced shooter in the next lane etc. For the privledge of paying $17/hour.

Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
For JohnJ,

I'd get one two-rifle case and a locking range bag for the handguns. And I've seen guys on other ranges use a large rifle case to carry in SIX handguns.

There's no rule I know of, that dictates how many guns can be in a case, as long as it will lock.
Old 09-30-2015, 5:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John J View Post
From what I have read here and elsewhere I will pass on them. Gun range people scare me and I have no desire to have to keep one eye on my property behind me and one eye on the inexperienced shooter in the next lane etc. For the privledge of paying $17/hour.

Meh.
So, your first BS complaint about locking cases for guns didn't hold water because it's illegal to carry the guns in unlocked containers in a GFSZ. But, you didn't know that, so you now look the fool. To attempt to salvage the bravado, now you have a problem with "gun range people". (Which also means your first complaint was troll bait).

Because I sometimes enjoy feeding the obvious troll, I shall.

I don't sweat the security of my stuff on back bench. I haven't lost anything and don't expect folks to attempt a theft from a bunch of people holding loaded guns.

I also don't worry about the inexperienced shooter in the next lane. Everybody starts somewhere, and a little friendly interaction may improve the experience.

Finally, $17/hr is pretty much the standard rate for ranges in Sacramento right now. So, if you go to any range, you will pay the same for the "privilege". But you'll be in a significantly crappier range.

Marysville is still open, if you like the Wild West of gunslinging, drinking and gangster shoot offs, or you can go up to Sly Park and continue to shoot trees.

Knowing you won't be at SGC is comforting.

Best.
Old 09-30-2015, 9:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Old 11-05-2015, 10:36 AM

Does Sacramento Gun Club allow drawing from holsters for CCW holders or rapid fire?

Old 11-05-2015, 11:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Question to those that know, hows the choice of rental guns, want to try a P238 now.

Also do they rent any Off roster HG's, or just Ca safe stuff ?

Thanks.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano3467 View Post
Question to those that know, hows the choice of rental guns, want to try a P238 now.

Thanks.
(916) 246-2010. They can tell you exactly what they have available in the case.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timthetwin View Post
Does Sacramento Gun Club allow drawing from holsters for CCW holders or rapid fire?
We allow drawing and rapid controlled rates of fire for our members that hold CCWs or are LE. Our Rangemaster can provide additional details.

kjones@sacramentogunclub.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano3467 View Post

Thanks.
We have the P238 for rent. We do have off-roster pistols in the rental case. The Glock 43 and Zev Glock 17 are popular selections. Long guns are also available for rent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
(916) 246-2010. They can tell you exactly what they have available in the case.
Thanks for the assist Dvrjon!
Mon-Thu 11 AM-9 PM | Fri-Sat 9 AM-9 PM | Sun 10-5 PM

Glock Blue Label Provider | Promotions | Pistol League | Sacramento | Norcal
Old 11-05-2015, 4:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Great I make some time to see your facility.
Old 01-12-2016, 2:31 PM

Just in time. The Glock Shooting Sports Foundation will be hosting their Indoor League at SGC!!! See the link below for details.

Glock Shooting Sports Foundation Indoor League hosted by SGC

Old 03-12-2016, 10:53 PM

Top notch shooting facility and shop. Large selection of all types of firearms and accessories. Beautiful facility. Staff is extremely helpful and have a great attitude. Prices on firearms and accessories are fair.

I usually try to avoid any range during peak hours...especially on the weekend. A mixture of inexperienced shooters and lack of staff to over see the crowded shooting lanes is what usually turns me off from indoor ranges. I made an exception this weekend because I was going to be in the area and heard great things about this place. Extremely safety oriented. I felt at ease in the area I was shooing because 2 range masters were on site making sure everyone was following rules and demonstrating proper gun handling procedures.

I'm not from the area but I am still planning on coming back because my first impressions of this place were amazing. If I was from the area this would be my go to range no doubt. Sacramento Gun Club really is a solid and safe place to shoot. Can't say enough good things about this place.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Well, I got informed of yet another new rule at the SGC, today.

For the past year, the standing rule has been only two guns on the firing line at a time. OK, there's little room on the firing point bench and some folks have task management challenges. Fine.

So, today, as I have over the past year, I brought rifles to the club and proceeded to set up on the rifle range. I had placed all ammunition and assorted shooting dreck on the shooting bench at the firing point, because, you must empty the bag on the line; you cannot go into your bag at the back tables. I then placed the two guns (rifles) I wanted to use on the bench.

I was then politely informed by the RSO that the rule was now "Two guns; but not two rifles" at one time. You can have two handguns, or a handgun and a rifle, but not two rifles. Remember, this is the rifle range.

Why is that?

"Because some people may bump their second rifle and knock it off the bench onto the floor."

OK, fine, I haven't done that, and I won't do that...it's really stupid and bad for the gun and, well, really stupid. But if I did, it's my rifle and my bad. What's the issue?

No response; just take one of the rifles off the line. OK, but now I have to go get the gun case, bring it to the line, unlock it, put the gun in, lock it, and return it to the back table. Two cases; four rifles. After the third switch, the RSO asked me, "How many rifles do you have?" My response? "Enough to put two guns on the bench."

So, where do these rules come from? And where are they compiled? I asked management almost a year ago if there were published SOPs and Range Rules and was told they "should be on the website". I agreed, but noted they weren't.

They still aren't.
Old 03-18-2016, 9:41 AM

Dvrjon,

That has always been the range policy. We've never allowed 2 long guns on the bench. If you've done so in the past, it was either a newer RSO or the RSO allowed you to do so. I can see an exception if you were shooting in prone position under certain circumstances.

Please let me know the RSO's that have allowed you to do this in the past so that I may notify the Rangemaster.

If you have any questions on range rules, contact rangemaster@sacramentogunclub.com.

Old 04-05-2016, 1:50 PM

Folks, we will have flyers to help spread the word against Newsom's oppressive laws. If you haven't shared the word to your people, I encourage you to do so.

Calguns: Stop Gavin - Fight Back - Stop Gavin

Old 04-06-2016, 1:26 PM

Folks, I just got an email from SGC, inquiring if the club should sell cigars, build a special cigar room, have cigar nights, etc.

I'd much rather see an investment in improved ventilation and air conditioning in the shooting bays. Especially since summer is coming on

That would benefit ALL the members and guests, not just the select few who want to buy expensive cigars. (And they wouldn't sell cheap ones, would they?)
Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 04-11-2016, 2:11 AM
CGN Contributor

have to agree...though I never received the email in question...

Last edited by freescopesdad; 04-11-2016 at 9:59 AM..