Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated Lever action, bolt action or other non gas operated centerfire rifles.

Old 05-04-2022, 11:15 AM
Banned

Default Your experience with MDT stocks

Has anyone used these stocks? Are they made for tripods or are they easy to shoot offhand?

https://mdttac.com/acc-chassis-system/

https://youtu.be/2fotsoV3WLk
Old 05-04-2022, 12:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

It's got a built in ARCA rail, so yes, can be used on tripods.

I think the chassis weighs around 4-5lbs. So yes, if you got good shoulders, should be able to shoot off hand.

I cannot because I added weights and dinky shoulders

I think it's the best looking chassis MDT makes. But pricey if you add all the accessories.

I recommend, if you can wait, buy during Black Friday. Shipping times may be delayed during the holidays or they sold too many.

MDT is also going to release the ACC Elite. Which is kind of an updated ACC, more towards PRS shooters
Old 05-04-2022, 12:30 PM

Purchased during last Black Friday sale, huge discount on overstock, non blemished. I have LSS XL with skeleton lite butt stock. Little effort to get savage barreled action installed, added night vision bridge for little more than appearance. Replaced Bell n Carlson stock as wanted chassis plus ability to add magazine vrs blind well.
Works like a champ, I would do again and already thinking of upgrading REM 700 this November
Old 05-04-2022, 1:31 PM

I have two ACC chassis, one for my 6GT and one for my Vudoo. Both are set up identical with same chassis, trigger, scope and bipod. I run the GT with almost the full weight kit in it, tipping the scales at around 26 pounds. My Vudoo I run with no weights in it, because my daughter also shoots it at NRL22 matches with me and can't pick it up with the weights in it.

They work GREAT with tripods as you can clip in and adjust to your balance point.

As to the offhand shooting, you can, as the bottom of the forend is completely flat. I found it most comfortable to shoot offhand with one set of external weights where your hand rests really helps.
Old 05-04-2022, 7:47 PM

I don't have that one but I do have the tac 21 and the LSS gen 1 and a few of their magazines. Top notch company with top notch products and some of the best customer service around. I had an issue with a part that was caused by shipping damage and they sent replacements quickly and no questions asked. Also they still send me a xmas card every year. frankly its great marketing for them and with that I send everyone who askes their way for sure.
Old 05-05-2022, 8:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Here is mine and its heavy for offhand shooting. The magazines limit you to 3.850 length so it doesnt work for my purposes.
If your looking to buy one i would trade this one for a manners stock.
www.unlimitedrange.org
Not a commercial business.
URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!

Last edited by LynnJr; 03-18-2024 at 9:36 AM..
Old 05-07-2022, 11:47 AM

Just bought an ACC, and my brother got one on black friday blem sale. Nice chassis. Mine is a folder, just fold it for cleaning. His is standard, so he removes the cheekpiece to clean. I also got a RRS tripod, it drops onto it like cheese on an omelet.
Old 05-15-2022, 5:28 PM
Veteran Member

those stocks look very nice....are they as accurate as standard bedded rifle stocks?
Old 05-17-2022, 9:14 AM
Veteran Member

I have 2 stocks one for cz452, other for Rem 700 SA that I use in FTR competition, the 700 MDT stock forearm is too short, I had to add/machine up an aluminum barstool 5" extension to get my bipod further forward on my 30" BBL.
Old 05-19-2022, 6:27 AM
Calguns Addict

Their adjustable stocks are top notch. A little heavy but every adjustment is fast accessible and very well thought out.
Old 05-21-2022, 3:22 AM

I have a 24" savage .308, around 15lbs no bag, on a gen 2 LSS with a gen 3 PRS stock.
Shooting offhand is not a problem, but I don't think the stock was intended for it.

That said, if having problems with offhand shooting, maybe its a technique issue:
Old 05-21-2022, 8:20 AM

MDT's stocks mostly are best used with some kind of front support be it a bag, a bipod or a tripod. You can shoot them offhand but the mag and mag well don't lend themselves to getting good offhand form for long shots. For quicker snap shots out to 100m or so, they're just fine.