Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > Temp Post-Duncan Mag Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2019, 10:25 AM
I need a LIFE!!
CGN Contributor

My botach order was made around 4 Friday, it was delivered yesterday.

And there was much rejoicing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
Unfortunately for you, I have the truth on my side and... I’m definitely better than you at what you make a living from.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-10-2019, 10:40 AM

Ive heard a lot of smack on Botach for years now but they've always come through for me and that's over maybe 30-40 orders since 2014.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:55 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaocaholica View Post
Ive heard a lot of smack on Botach for years now but they've always come through for me and that's over maybe 30-40 orders since 2014.
Botach is in my top five places to check for a variety of items. Gun stuff, knives, backpacks, gear cases, boots, clothes, etc... so far so good. Just like LAPG, some of their branded stuff (KLEY-ZION) is not stuff I prefer, but they deliver.
Old 04-10-2019, 3:02 PM

Yeah some guys just need to chill. You cant beat the prices they had. A lot of you guys need to understand how inventory management works. Companies can't keep huge sums of capital tied up in inventory. Not mention the amount of boxes, packaging materials, and employees labor it took to get everyone's order done. Did anybody know this was coming...no. I give Kudos to Botach, Brownells, Gunmagwarehouse, etc. We need to invent a way to send some members a valemum on here via board message post.
Old 04-10-2019, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miuk View Post
I guess there's Hope for my original first few orders......
I'll give it one more week before I start making a fuss with them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Botach is canceling orders even if it was placed before the "deadline". Sucks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2019, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valegian View Post
Botach is canceling orders even if it was placed before the "deadline". Sucks.

Where are you reading that they’re cancelling orders? My 3/30 order is still “awaiting processing” so I am pretty concerned as this order contains most of the ar/pistol mags I purchased.
Old 04-10-2019, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus28 View Post
Where are you reading that they’re cancelling orders? My 3/30 order is still “awaiting processing” so I am pretty concerned as this order contains most of the ar/pistol mags I purchased.
PM'd you.

Old 04-10-2019, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmac36 View Post
Yeah some guys just need to chill. You cant beat the prices they had. A lot of you guys need to understand how inventory management works. Companies can't keep huge sums of capital tied up in inventory. Not mention the amount of boxes, packaging materials, and employees labor it took to get everyone's order done. Did anybody know this was coming...no. I give Kudos to Botach, Brownells, Gunmagwarehouse, etc. We need to invent a way to send some members a valemum on here via board message post.
Would you like to order something that isn't in stock and sit around not hearing anything about it? In fact, the next time you want to buy something deliberately go buy the one OOS and WAIT while the other retailers have it in stock.

I can't stand when people white knight like we aren't paying for this service. If it was free I wouldn't complain, but if I'm helping to support to your business, run the damn thing properly. If you don't have it in stock and have to backorder it, let me know... so simple. I put in a backorder with Brownells and I'm not tripping since I know it could takes weeks.

Old 04-10-2019, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwinters14 View Post
Would you like to order something that isn't in stock and sit around not hearing anything about it? In fact, the next time you want to buy something deliberately go buy the one OOS and WAIT while the other retailers have it in stock.

I can't stand when people white knight like we aren't paying for this service. If it was free I wouldn't complain, but if I'm helping to support to your business, run the damn thing properly. If you don't have it in stock and have to backorder it, let me know... so simple. I put in a backorder with Brownells and I'm not tripping since I know it could takes weeks.

What shipping option did you select?

FREE Ground Shipping
Will Call/For Pick-Up
Expedited Shipping 2 - 5 Business Days
3-Day Select
2-Day Air
1-Day Air

Bet it was free, huh? So what were you saying about those services you paid for?

Want to bet those who paid 1,2, 3 day select and expedited got served first, before stock ran out?

Last edited by 44.shooter.lb; 04-10-2019 at 4:16 PM..
Old 04-11-2019, 8:51 AM

I can't get a hold of anyone at Botach. I've tried calling, leaving two voice messages, and sending a message via their online form. Coming up on two weeks since my order was placed and my CC still hasn't been charged. Take my money, dammit!
Old 04-11-2019, 9:04 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I'm sure lots of vendors are sick of CA people being impatient... but not sick enough to never do it all again. They are not doing it for free.

But checking so often when you have to know they are underwater trying to get on top of it... that's like texting your ex 500 times with zero replies after she dumped you.
Old 04-11-2019, 9:06 AM

I ordered from them early on 4/4 and it was cancelled yesterday without explanation. They did not respond to any of my attempts to reach out to them prior to cancellation. They will not be considered for any future business.
Old 04-11-2019, 9:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus28 View Post
I can't get a hold of anyone at Botach. I've tried calling, leaving two voice messages, and sending a message via their online form. Coming up on two weeks since my order was placed and my CC still hasn't been charged. Take my money, dammit!

Make sure you contact their sales department sales@botach.com I emailed them, they replied and shipped out my package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2019, 9:33 AM

Maybe they oversold and are waiting for stock to come in. If you keep poking them they might just cancel. It’s not like you can do anything from your end. I would just wait it out a few weeks.
Old 04-11-2019, 9:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
I'm sure lots of vendors are sick of CA people being impatient... but not sick enough to never do it all again. They are not doing it for free.

But checking so often when you have to know they are underwater trying to get on top of it... that's like texting your ex 500 times with zero replies after she dumped you.
Exactly. Well said.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:12 AM

Ordered from Botach on the 5th. Still waiting for a tracking number. Not too worried. Status says ready. Not sure what that means. They said they'll ship. What's the worst that can happen? I get a refund?

I ordered from Magpul too on the 4th, still showing a pending charge on the CC. Got the nasty letter about "receiving" SCM would put me in legal issues and they are canceling my order. I responded a few times stating that the stay order stated nothing about receiving or shipping. Maybe they'll let mine slide! Doubt it.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:19 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pew47 View Post
They will not be considered for any future business.
I hear you. It is a lot about perception though... if you place your order and forget about it, go about your normal routines... and then one day a box is on your porch! No worries and you got what you wanted. If I worried about every purchase I'd go nuts and have to stick to Amazon Prime! They mess up too. When I order an item that has been blasted onto every forum in the world along with the entire inventory of everything else, I apply more patience or I'd lose it.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:51 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Botach delivered again... Charlie Coopers finally rolled in too. Slowest award goes to Charlie Coopers but if that is really one or a few people... kudos. kudos to everyone. For everyone waiting on BOTACH. So am I. One more, no status updates. I'm calm... restraining the urge to email them 100 times.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:00 AM

I’m sure they need more time. As long as you get it, I’m sure you’ll be content. Plus, I’m sure the wait makes you feel as giddy as a school girl.....Lol!
Old 04-11-2019, 12:18 PM

Botach has a pretty bad rep going back a decade or more. Im surprised anyone orders from them at all or why they are even still in business. Didnt you guys read any reviews on Botach prior to ordering?
Old 04-11-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagman00 View Post
Botach and Brownells are the last two i'm waiting on. I'm so paranoid about porch pirates I've driven back home during lunch the last two days just to check.
You can set up text alerts with all shipping companies. USPS, FedEx, UPS. You can get updates at every step of the way.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic451 View Post
Botach has a pretty bad rep going back a decade or more. Im surprised anyone orders from them at all or why they are even still in business. Didnt you guys read any reviews on Botach prior to ordering?

I ordered a dozen separate orders from them, shipped everything quick. They seem solid to me..

Old 04-11-2019, 1:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b20beast View Post
I ordered a dozen separate orders from them, shipped everything quick. They seem solid to me..

Broken clock is right twice a day, doesnt mean it works. Seems like they ignore 6 customers to service 1. My biggest gripe with Botach is no communication and selling stuff they dont have. In the past they would advertise stuff as in stock, take your money, and dont deliver for weeks- even months later.
Old 04-11-2019, 1:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic451 View Post
I heard all the ancient stories. Some weird stuff with Mil contracts, re-selling surplus ammo in bad condition, etc... some of the family members were into that anyway. You can dig up lots of stories about BOTACH. The Botach I know today is reliable and they have free shipping. Not my favorite place, but certainly in the running for every purchase in this hobby. YMMV. Pretty sure they are thriving. Whether they cleaned up their act or were never that bad, I'll enjoy their good behavior.
Old 04-11-2019, 1:45 PM

Technically a broken clock is only correct once per day. Just sayin.
Old 04-11-2019, 1:48 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical View Post
Technically a broken clock is only correct once per day. Just sayin.
Don't you mean twice a day?
Old 04-11-2019, 1:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWL View Post
Don't you mean twice a day?

Someone isn’t familiar with old style clocks with hour and minute hands
Old 04-11-2019, 1:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

A broken clock is right 0.0023% of the time but Botach has historically delivered for me 100% Currently have one order pending with no reason to doubt it will make it.

... and one time where I received the Kley-Zion item and the quality was a joke, sub-par, not functional. They do RMA's like everyone else.
Old 04-11-2019, 1:56 PM

I just wanted to take the focus off of Botach…..lol
Old 04-11-2019, 3:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclerandy View Post
You can set up text alerts with all shipping companies. USPS, FedEx, UPS. You can get updates at every step of the way.
No worries now. The only item I bought from Botach was a single D60...and it was in my mailbox today! I've got a tracking number for the last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
and you guys wonder why women are fed up with bad behavior?!
Old 04-11-2019, 4:10 PM

So the original owner got arrested, then they move to Vegas but kept the name “Botach”.... the one that has a horrible rep and has been banned from several forums. Shaking my head on that one big time.
Old 04-11-2019, 4:16 PM

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Bo...om/118-711030/

They actually have a phrase: “You got Botach’d bro!”
Botach takes your money, places an order with a distributor because they dont have anything they are actually selling labeled as “In Stock”, followed by “you’ll get it after we do”.
Old 04-11-2019, 5:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I got Optic Planeted one time. Quite a few orders recently came from other "warehouses" dropshipped to me from places like GrabAgun, Impact, etc...

Botach doesn't have a monopoly on dropshipping or buying from another source you could have bought from directly. If they do that.

If I get Botach'd Bro, it is all on me. If it is gonna get to me sooner or later and it isn't a month or more... I didn't get Botach'd Bro, I got my mags.

If it is 3 months plus... and the item is in stock everywhere else, I got OP'd

This round, I had a JGSALES order canceled because the dropshipper (other vendor) wouldn't ship to CA even though JGSALES would. Stuff happens. Everyone has their own lists, but most basically have... Natchez, Sportsman's Guide, and Cheaper Than Dirt, maybe. If you want to have BOTACH on your list, feel free.

I have a few 762 PMAGS incoming for my last orders from GRABA, BOTACH. So there's a chance I could still get BOTACH'd Bro... or GrabbA'd... I'll probably just relax and open the box when it arrives.

Last edited by crufflers; 04-11-2019 at 5:23 PM..
Old 04-11-2019, 7:53 PM

Quote:
I hear you. It is a lot about perception though... if you place your order and forget about it, go about your normal routines... and then one day a box is on your porch! No worries and you got what you wanted. If I worried about every purchase I'd go nuts and have to stick to Amazon Prime! They mess up too. When I order an item that has been blasted onto every forum in the world along with the entire inventory of everything else, I apply more patience or I'd lose it.
Of the 15 orders placed, this one with Botach was the only one I sent an inquiry about due to the charge dropping off my card. All I asked for was a status update, wanting to know if it has been cancelled. Never got a response. The status just changed to cancelled a couple days later.

I work in eCommerce. I know there's nothing more irritating than a customer who asks questions. Still, I answer every single one that comes at me. At the very least, I give them some kind of canned copy/paste answer.
Old 04-11-2019, 8:28 PM

Looks like they work in mysterious ways. Just received a package today for a partial shipment of my order. Tracking number on the package was different from what was sent to me on 4/1.
Old 04-11-2019, 9:42 PM

Quote:
I got Optic Planeted one time.
I just got OpticPlaneted. Pisses me off man. Claimed in-stock for a hot new 3x magnifier flip up, turns out i gotta wait a month because it's backordered. WTF
Old 04-11-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harambe View Post
I just got OpticPlaneted. Pisses me off man. Claimed in-stock for a hot new 3x magnifier flip up, turns out i gotta wait a month because it's backordered. WTF
You can always cancel and buy somewhere else. Opticsplanet charges CA tax now so its not quite the deal anymore.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pew47 View Post
Of the 15 orders placed, this one with Botach was the only one I sent an inquiry about due to the charge dropping off my card. All I asked for was a status update, wanting to know if it has been cancelled. Never got a response. The status just changed to cancelled a couple days later.

I work in eCommerce. I know there's nothing more irritating than a customer who asks questions. Still, I answer every single one that comes at me. At the very least, I give them some kind of canned copy/paste answer.
The charge dropped off my CC as well. I'll be disappointed if they cancel my order, as it was my big one, but I didn't put all my eggs in one basket so I'll survive. My CC will definitely thank me if so lol
Old 04-12-2019, 2:56 PM

Let me ease some of the worries here. CC pending charge dropped off my account today...… Just let it do it's thing. Just received an email that my order status has changed. Items show shipped now with a tracking number. Appears to be following through on their end.
Old 04-12-2019, 3:47 PM

"We are not getting these magazines anytime soon that is why the order was canceled.
Thank you,
Chanya"

This was the reply that I received when I asked why my order was canceled via email. Time to clean out the "last chance" spam emails from Botach. I was "Botached". Oh well.

Last edited by Valegian; 04-12-2019 at 3:54 PM..