Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-23-2022, 10:21 AM
Calguns Addict

Long live parking lot PPT
Old 06-23-2022, 10:26 PM
Veteran Member

Passed 65-33.. After today's Bruen opinion, it may be struck right after it passes the House..

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Subscribe to my YouTube channel ---->http://www.youtube.com/user/2A4USA
Old 06-24-2022, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member

The OT thread... Senate Passes Gun Bill, So Does House, Now Goes To Biden's Desk (Update Post #156)
Old 06-24-2022, 12:45 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinCalifornia View Post
See also https://gatdaily.com/the-bsca-has-pa...-senate-65-33/
When a Long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, Pursuing Invariably the Same Object, Evinces a Design to Reduce Them [I.E. the People] Under Absolute Despotism, It Is Their Right, It Is Their Duty, to Throw off Such Government, and to Provide New Guards for Their Future Security.”
– Declaration of Independence, July 4th, 1776
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 06-24-2022, 2:05 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

The amended text
https://www.congress.gov/117/bills/s...17s2938eas.pdf

Old 06-24-2022, 8:13 PM

The bill modified sales to require sellers to have an FFL when selling to "predominantly earn a profit."

I didn't understand why they made that distinction. Armed Scholar on YouTube suggested that means that the ATF could prosecute an individual for selling one gun.

What do you think?
Old 06-24-2022, 9:40 PM

NAGR put out a pretty good video on this two days ago:

https://youtu.be/9axxp0pbQVU
Old 06-25-2022, 7:13 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/bi...will-be-saved/

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...mmunities-act/
When a Long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, Pursuing Invariably the Same Object, Evinces a Design to Reduce Them [I.E. the People] Under Absolute Despotism, It Is Their Right, It Is Their Duty, to Throw off Such Government, and to Provide New Guards for Their Future Security.”
– Declaration of Independence, July 4th, 1776
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 06-25-2022, 7:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishooter View Post
RINOS are always RINOS.
Which is, aside from his filling judicial seats with sane people [including the supremes], the BIGGEST gift from the Trump era. He exposed them, either intentionally or by their own hand ['never trumpers'], for who they REALLY are, call them Republicrats or Democans they are creatures of the D.C. machine and not in public service for the people as in constituents, they are in it for themselves to gain power/prestige/notoriety and of course money.

How or why voters in states like Utah elected slimeballs like Romney is beyond me when these people can't be counted to represent their best interest and can only be counted on to support 'iffy' at best legislation...
Old 06-25-2022, 9:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxnard_Montalvo View Post
Which is, aside from his filling judicial seats with sane people [including the supremes], the BIGGEST gift from the Trump era. He exposed them, either intentionally or by their own hand ['never trumpers'], for who they REALLY are, call them Republicrats or Democans they are creatures of the D.C. machine and not in public service for the people as in constituents, they are in it for themselves to gain power/prestige/notoriety and of course money.

How or why voters in states like Utah elected slimeballs like Romney is beyond me when these people can't be counted to represent their best interest and can only be counted on to support 'iffy' at best legislation...
Why Congress needs term limits.
Old 06-25-2022, 2:48 PM

Sad. I was really starting to like Lindsey Graham after his superb admonishing of the left during the Kavanaugh hearings.
Old 06-25-2022, 5:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwatchdog View Post
Also, exactly how are they going to track how many guns someone has sold, or if they made a “profit”. They don’t know the buy price, they won’t know the sale price.
It's not necessarily that you made a specific profit in a gun, they look at a pattern. Every gun show has some old dudes with 40 guns on a table, and a sign saying it's their private collection. ATF and state police are always there, they watch those guys, and notice that it's 40 different guns each time. I know several people that have had conversations with ATF over this. In the past, it has been conversations, I suspect in the future it will be more.
Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

- from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
(Revised Eastern Sect Edition)
Old 06-25-2022, 5:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

There is no Constitutional basis for 'juvenile' records to be suppressed.
CRPA Member

"Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies. Absolute power does corrupt, and those who seek it must be suspect and must be opposed"
~ Barry Goldwater 1964
Old 06-25-2022, 5:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Biden's goal is to surpass world class gun salesmen like Clinton and Obama. Big shoes to fill for a drooling halfwit.
CRPA Member

"Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies. Absolute power does corrupt, and those who seek it must be suspect and must be opposed"
~ Barry Goldwater 1964