Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Long Distance Shooting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Long Distance Shooting Discuss tools, techniques, tips and theories of long distance shooting

Old 02-17-2022, 9:36 AM

Default Anyone shot at Cameo LRP range?

Going to try to piggyback on an LRP session at Cameo after a USPSA match in June.

Has anyone shot long range up there? How is it under the new building? Any tips for using the place?
Old 06-27-2022, 5:49 PM

So an update in case anyone cares. I went to Cameo with my brother and we shot the LRP course. Very cool RSOs when we were there. Not hard to get to, covered benches, and the RSOs will help spot if they aren't busy. Even have a lab radar they will run for $10.

Shortest is 100 yd 12x12 plate. Sight in I guess. Next closest is 250 yards 12x12. After that it's a good mix out to 2003 yds in a mix of plate sizes 12x12 to 24x24. Some 18x24. There are also unmarked 12x12 "courtesy targets" at various distances.

Made a 550yd cold bore hit on a 12x12 plate.

I shot my 6.5 Creedmoor out to a mile. Three hits out of the 13 attempts I made. 18x24 plate. Verified by the RSO. Felt good, but even with a 20MOA rail my Leupold Mk IV ELR scope was maxed out in elevation at that distance, had to hold into the heavy black line of the reticle!

The action bays are huge and the Southern Clays course is pretty hard, but fun.

The facility is really nice. Just don't take any mags over 15 rounds as they are requiring an affidavit/declaration under perjury that you are abiding by CO law.
Old 06-28-2022, 12:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Did you mean to post on coguns or calguns?

That range is about 800 miles away from Los Angeles or 950 miles from Sacramento so they probably do not get too many people there from CA.