Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

View Poll Results: With the latest 1/22/2022 Front Sight Restructuring, are you going to:
Stay on as a member and pay all the new fees 6 4.96%
Let my membership lapse and do nothing else. 53 43.80%
Join a class action lawsuit against Front Sight 51 42.15%
Other: explain what you are doing in a post 11 9.09%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2022, 4:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Still not too bad, considering the industry standard is $250 per day and up.

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 05-24-2022, 4:42 PM

I haven't received any emails yet about this.

EDIT: just got the email.

Last edited by Vinnie Boombatz; 05-24-2022 at 4:50 PM..
Old 05-24-2022, 4:46 PM
Veteran Member

Bankruptcy and reorganization.

Knight of Front Sight
Gold Star Member
Old 05-24-2022, 4:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Here is a cut and paste copy from his email (not the entire e-mail):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatius Piazza
So what do we do when faced with a situation where enemies are attempting to destroy Front Sight and steal your membership for their own greed and twisted agendas? What do we do when we have not done anything wrong, yet cannot seem get the relief we deserve from the Court?

Well, I've taken a page from Donald Trump's successful business strategy and filed a formal, Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Business Reorganization.

Now I'm sure you will agree that this is BIG News! If you are not familiar with a Chapter 11 Reorganization, you may be questioning how this is POSITIVE News? For our loyal and supportive members it is VERY POSITIVE News. For our enemies, it is VERY BAD News.

Here's WHY:

The Chapter 11 Reorganization IMMEDIATELY STOPS all litigation and hopefully some of the exorbitant costs that go along with it.
The Chapter 11 Reorganization, allows Front Sight the opportunity to reorganize our policies, procedures and fees so we will successfully operate for generations to come and complete the resort.
The Chapter 11 Reorganization allows Front Sight the opportunity to terminate the memberships of those in the organization who have in any way disparaged Front Sight, its management and staff, or aligned with the enemies of Front Sight.
And best of all, Chapter 11 Reorganization Plan allows Front Sight the opportunity to provide our loyal and supportive members with ownership in the profits of Front Sight without our members being exposed to any liability, and to 2X REWARD our Gold Status Members, Platinum Members, Champion Club Members, and those members making contributions to assist in Front Sight completing our reorganization.

As you can now see, THIS IS VERY POSITIVE NEWS!

So as a loyal and supportive member, how can you help?

Very simple.

Attend our courses. Here is a link to the schedule of courses throughout the rest of the year. Take a course!
Starting June 1, per reorganization motions in the Chapter 11 Reorganization, Front Sight will begin charging all students a $100 per day, per student fee to cover range maintenance, staff support and insurance. Attend our courses, pay the $100 daily fee and support Front Sight's reorganization now and in the future.
Watch for an email from me shortly that will direct you to the reorganization website where you can opt in to receive email and electronic notifications rather than snail mailed notifications for more immediate and consistent notification regarding Front Sight's Reorganization. This will also save Front Sight significant costs in snail mail and postage.
Support our plan moving forward so Front Sight Firearms Training Institute successfully completes our reorganization in 2022 and emerges in 2023 to operate successfully for generations to come, complete the resort, and provide our loyal and supportive members with ownership in our profits, without any liability exposure.
Whether you are Gold Status or not, whether you have participated previously or not, I respectfully request you support Front Sight's Reorganization with a contribution to the highest level you can afford. Yes, I'm asking for a contribution without providing my usual Exchange In Abundance. Until we are able to complete Front Sight's Reorganization I cannot offer you the usual Exchange in Abundance I have provided you and all the members over the last 25 years. Instead, I am asking for you to reciprocate the Exchange in Abundance I have provided you and your family over the last 25 years by contributing to Front Sight's Reorganization and legal costs to the highest level you can. HOWEVER, I can assure you every dollar you provide will be used toward completing our reorganization and every dollar you provide will be recognized as coming from you as we 2X REWARD our loyal and supportive members with ownership in Front Sight's profit, based on your historic participation.

MAKE THE HIGHEST CONTRIBUTION YOU CAN TODAY AND REST WELL KNOWING YOU HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU CAN DO TO SUPPORT FRONT SIGHT'S FUTURE!

Old 05-24-2022, 4:58 PM

A way to beat the suit for a while and charge the fees he wants from all of us anyway
Old 05-24-2022, 5:14 PM
Why Change the Default?
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Finally an actual business model that makes sense...
Old 05-24-2022, 5:21 PM

And the completion of the resort is right around the corner, yayyyy!
Old 05-24-2022, 5:48 PM

I'm not sure how much more I'd attend FS at those rates. It's not expensive compared to other schools, but when travel is added in, doing classes locally is higher value.

I wouldn't be surprised if an offer or nine are released before June 1.

Not sure how he can just wipe the slate clean with bankruptcy and start again like nothing happened.
Old 05-24-2022, 5:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG29736 View Post
And the completion of the resort is right around the corner, yayyyy!
I sure hope all that fantasy of his would just go away.

Now with this bankruptcy, all those promises of time shares, hotel rooms, lockers, free guns and your names engraved on a monument can be erased, right?

How about the memberships we have? Does that still count towards anything? So, compared to some Average Joe walking off Tecopa Rd., would current members still enjoy anything? In other words, would any non-member be able to take classes too for $100 a day?*

How about the $2M loan from The Businessman? Would the Unscrupulous One be able to collect that at all?

===========
Footnote: If the Sig Academy or Thunder Ranch were to offer classes for $100 a day, I’d retire today and just take classes until I can’t shoot anymore LOL

Old 05-24-2022, 6:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Finally an actual business model that makes sense...
Please explain how that makes sense and can happen.

You might also explain why Piazza is not again shoveling you-know-what.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

I've got an inch a half guard rail nut on a length of 550 cord. It's not whiz-bang tactical, but one smack in the grape and it's coloring books for Christmas.
Old 05-24-2022, 6:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
I sure hope all that fantasy of his would just go away.

Now with this bankruptcy, all those promises of time shares, hotel rooms, lockers, free guns and your names engraved on a monument can be erased, right?

How about the memberships we have? Does that still count towards anything? So, compared to some Average Joe walking off Tecopa Rd., would current members still enjoy anything? In other words, would any non-member be able to take classes too for $100 a day?*

How about the $2M loan from The Businessman? Would the Unscrupulous One be able to collect that at all?

===========
Footnote: If the Sig Academy or Thunder Ranch were to offer classes for $100 a day, Iíd retire today and just take classes until I canít shoot anymore LOL
Everything you are asking is subject to the approval or disapproval of any reorganization plan as presented to the bankruptcy court. Nothing is known this early. And everything can be wiped out as the result of negotiations with creditors and other stakeholders.
Old 05-24-2022, 7:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Link about the reorganization if it hasn't been posted yet- https://www.frontsight.com/reorganization/

To skip all the fluff and drama scroll down to where it says "Here's WHY:"

IDK, I can't say I like the $100 per day per student fee. I liked to occasionally go to Skill Builders to brush back up on everything and at $200 I can't see that happening now for the lower courses.

$100 per day is reasonable compared to other places, but when you factor in gas, food, lodging and travel time, it's cheaper to just go to a local trainer. Not to mention the yearly background check fee of $50.

Honestly, a yearly membership fee of say a few hundred dollars wouldn't bother me that much. After a few courses it would make up for it. And I agree with some other people in this post... I REALLY wish Iggy would just drop the whole resort nonsense and keep it the way it is. More overhead costs will just bury the place even deeper.

It's just too bad this has all come down the tube. I had a lot of fun going there, met some good friend's and I will have lifelong fond memories at that place. Hopefully they can keep the place going.

Last edited by Paseclipse; 05-24-2022 at 7:12 PM..
Old 05-24-2022, 8:22 PM
Veteran Member

I see it going away after a bit. Bankruptcy spells bad management. You are right when you add up all the expense it is cheaper to train at home.
Too bad as I really enjoyed it.